• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Nooooo!! Don't jinx it! I don't want the awesome Geno reduced to a Waluigi-ish Mario Sports/Party character!! That'd be so awful...

Oh yeah, that would be kind of cool for someone at Nintendo to resurrect the Super Mario RPG series and revamp Geno's retro look.

@bro, can I get a copy of your signature? And do you have anymore?
1. Brawl debut
2. Mario Kart debut
3. Mario RPG Sequel

Machspeed

Smash Lord
geno doesnt seem like the kind of character to be in a mario party/kart/sports game. After all no other mario rpg (paper mario, m&l, and the original) character has appeared in any of those games. Plus i dont see that changing anytime soon.
To YOU he doesn't seem like it, but to others he does. Your opinions mean nothing.

Once again, who are you to decide when it changes?

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
To YOU he doesn't seem like it, but to others he does. Your opinions mean nothing.

Once again, who are you to decide when it changes?
just so you know you opinion means nothing too, and you dont have to be an *** about it. I was just pointing out that no other mario rpg characters have appeared in sports, party or kart games yet. So far only characters from the main mario series or entirely new characters (waluigi) have been in those games. And if i were to add a mario rpg character to those games i would add a character that has had a substantial role in a game in the past 10 years, like say paper mario.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
just so you know you opinion means nothing too, and you sont have to be an *** about it. I was just pointing out that no other mario rpg characters have appeared in sports, party or kart games yet. So far only characters from the main mario series or entirely new characters (waluigi) have been in those games.
Yeah, okay chief. Never said my opinion meant anything. Nobodies does, no need to get all antsy.

Waluigi is a filler character, he serves no purpose to the Mario series besides Wario's accomplice in sports games, with no background story. There isn't a time set in stone for you or I to decide when they are going to put in RPG characters.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, okay chief. Never said my opinion meant anything. Nobodies does, no need to get all antsy.

Waluigi is a filler character, he serves no purpose to the Mario series besides Wario's accomplice in sports games, with no background story. There isn't a time set in stone for you or I to decide when they are going to put in RPG characters.
English just cried.

Anyway, most of the other Mario RPG characters are specific versions of generic monster characters, so they'd be better represented by the original monster.

Wrath`

Smash Master
let's not be dissin' on waluigi.
moogle or black mage i think has a higher chance of representing surareenix then geno, due to they are more poular characters of the SE franchise

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
moogle or black mage i think has a higher chance of representing surareenix then geno, due to they are more poular characters of the SE franchise
They would, but Geno has actually been in a Mario game which would set his chances even higher than any SE character, no matter how popular they are.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
WRATH!! Hey!

Yuck! I wouldn't like it if Moogle represented SE, but I wouldn't mind if Geno and Black Mage both made it in. Man....I don't know which one I want in Brawl more so I say both, even though this won't happen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno is a Mario character, and will get in as a Mario character. I doubt Square-Enix will get a representative of their franchises in Brawl.

Wrath`

Smash Master
just because he is a mario character(wich isn't 100% true) does not mean he is in, look at waluigi, mario character,but AT in the end, wich same fate could be bestowed on Geno

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
just because he is a mario character(wich isn't 100% true) does not mean he is in, look at waluigi, mario character,but AT in the end, wich same fate could be bestowed on Geno
How is he not 100% a Mario character?

...and of course Waluigi is nothing but an AT, I don't see how that could hurt Geno in any way

Wrath`

Smash Master
you said geno is a mario character so he should be in, well waluigi is a mario character, that was the comparison i was making.

he is technicly owned by SE, so he is 50%SE and 50% mario world

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Posted this in another thread, don't know why I didn't post it here sooner.

On one of the most popular ROM/EMU sites, the Super Nintendo has more downloads than any other. And the most popular game on the SNES?

I'm willing to bet more people know about Super Mario RPG and Geno than "the few people only in these forums"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
you said geno is a mario character so he should be in, well waluigi is a mario character, that was the comparison i was making.

he is technicly owned by SE, so he is 50%SE and 50% mario world
Waluigi wasn't made by Nintendo and is a Mario character

Geno was made for a Mario game under the supervision of Miyamoto...I think that's all he needs to have to be a Mario character

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
liek zomg u guyz we all know geno is the most popular video game character and i swer to gud if he is in he's gonna get his own video game franchise! zomg.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
liek zomg u guyz we all know geno is the most popular video game character and i swer to gud if he is in he's gonna get his own video game franchise! zomg.
liek omg i know! i **** wat to play super geno bros!

Honestly, we all know that has no chance in hell of happening. Shadenexus just brought it up as an idea, which we all rejected.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wikipedia as the main source for information without any other support for it is RIDICULOUS and everyone knows it, regardless, we are no longer discussing geno, so talk about geno.

geno as a character = star road as a stage?!

that doesn't really make sense i guess >_> lol

Cless

Smash Champion
Personally, I'd like the Forest Maze as a stage for Geno since that's where he's introduced and he plays a large part in the dungeon, but if they were to use Star Road, would it be like Super Mario World, or completely different?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
liek omg i know! i **** wat to play super geno bros!

Honestly, we all know that has no chance in hell of happening. Shadenexus just brought it up as an idea, which we all rejected.
Alright, it's not the best idea I've thought up, but it's not my fault that this loser is trolling the boards. I just wanna make that perfectly clear.

GENO 4 BRAWL!

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I think the forest maze would be a cooler geno stage.

Also...if I remember right...you don't even see the star road in super mario rpg....do you? Correct me if i'm wrong, I haven't beaten the game in a long time.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Yeah, I think the forest maze would be a cooler geno stage.

Also...if I remember right...you don't even see the star road in super mario rpg....do you? Correct me if i'm wrong, I haven't beaten the game in a long time.
no you never see star road in smrpg

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Most of us agreed that if Geno got a stage, it would be Forest Maze or Star Hill. most of us had pretty cool ideas of what the hazards would be. In Forest Maze a button would be disabled OR Bowyer would shoot arrows from the background. In Star Hill we came up with the idea that stars would come crashing into the stage revealing Character's wishes.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I got warned on Gamefaqs by the stupid mods there and I feel like talking about Geno.

I don't know why Forest Maze is so often associated with Super Mario RPG. Yes, it is where you meet Geno, but you only go there once, and it doesn't play a big role in the storyline. Bowser's Keep with Exor would be such a better stage idea. I'm beginning to think that Forest Maze is popular because of that song on Youtube. :D

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Forest maze = Signifigant lcation associated with the game's most popular character.

Forest maze= Catchy tune that is very popular with the game.

I dunno, it just stands out in SMRPG for some reasons.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Geno could make a cameo in the subspace... like in a cutscene his doll is shown, thats really all I'd want to see of him...

Cameo could be similar to that mario and luigi game also.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
*returns back to headquarters*

Those....those Anti-Geno pricks! They were all over me! Smothering me with there petty insults that Geno will never be an icon! Urgh! That is the last time I go to that stupid thread ever again!! I swear....if I ever see those **** dumb losers in public, I'll go to jail for manslaughter.

Oh....ok, Geno's stages. I guess I would choose either Forest Maze or Star Hill. Not....so much Star Hill because I just think it would be just a tad similar to Kirby's Fountain of Dreams stage.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I want to see either Forest Maze or Smithy's factory.

Forest Maze most likely, but that's just because it's one of the greatest theme songs of all time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geno could make a cameo in the subspace... like in a cutscene his doll is shown, thats really all I'd want to see of him...

Cameo could be similar to that mario and luigi game also.
Unless he was a boss, I seriously doubt that would happen. Smash Bros isn't like Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. He had a cameo in that game because both of the directors of Super Mario RPG were also the directors of that game thus making him even easier to get. This time around, those two directors could still have influence because of their high ranking positions at Alpha Dream and how the current President of it used to be the President of Square Enix but it won't be as strong because, obviously, they won't be directing the game.

Also, has Gimpyfish become rouge because he doesn't seem like himself...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Sorry, I should've said Smithy's lair. The place where you fight him while he creates the little monsters, then as a stage effect the floor could break, leading you into the place where the final fight was.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sorry, I should've said Smithy's lair. The place where you fight him while he creates the little monsters, then as a stage effect the floor could break, leading you into the place where the final fight was.
Hey, not a bad idea for a stage. However, I think this stage would represent Smithy or SMRPG as a whole, and not Geno.

Top Bottom