• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Or he's stalling for time since there are still 5 weeks until this game comes out. Still, we already have 22 characters, there are still 6 icons which haven't had a character rep yet (Animal Crossing, F-Zero, DS, icon 13 (which is logically Game and Watch) and icon 19) meaning the game would have to have a minimum of 28 characters, Melee had 26 characters, Brawl's development time has been almost triple Melee's (seriously, 10 months compared to the current 26...), Sakurai estimated about twice as many people were working on Brawl then Melee, etc. This game is definately going to have more then 30 characters...

Also, when I asked about Mario's worth, I was asking like an actual number.
if there is only 30 then we'd only get like 6 unlockable characters. You seriously can't say they'll be any less than 40.

antimatter

Smash Lord
there was a thread for talking about that. lets talk about the possessed doll like we should be doing here.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
on that Newgrounds video for Geno's moveset...i dislike his alt colors...they're pretty lazy looking and only 1 color changes. I think his wooden body will look like different types of wood like Purple Heart, Cedar, Red Wood, etc.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I wonder...Would he count as a light or mid weight driver? I mean, he's made of wood, but a lot of wood can be heavy...

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Geno in mario kart would be weird for me, but I'd like to see what his kart would look like. :laugh:

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
About Geno's weight... I'd go with light. Geno's prime issue in SMRPG was defense - it was his greatest weakness. And since there isn't a 'defense' stat in Smash, Geno would likely be ultra-light in weight.

antimatter

Smash Lord
anyone can use any weight class kart from what i've seen: they just have different paint jobs depending on the character.

antimatter

Smash Lord
yep. i knew that. im just saying that no one really has a kart of their own in this one. like in the ds one where anyone can use any kart, and they have their emblems. they're one upping that by completely changing the paint job.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Wooden doll actually, but in the game after being possesed by the star, he gets a lot bigger. I'd say around mario size.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I don't know how he'd fit in Galaxy because i haven't played it yet. But i think he'd fit in an RPG game better, (SMRPG2) or even in the next paper mario.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
They really messed up with Geno, so many opportunities for him, all gone down the drain. Hopefully he'll start a comeback. If he's in Smash, I also want him in kart. I'm sure many peopl would use him.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, they probably didn't want to stain Mario Galaxy with Square's name. I don't know about the rest of you, but I highly doubt that Nintendo is going to put Geno into a first-party Mario game.

Brawl, on the other hand, is made by HAL Labs. If there is any shot at seeing Geno again, it's in this game.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh true true....I bet the last thing Nintendo wanted was Square's name attached to Galaxy.....they should just buy Geno already. There are plenty of times Geno could have been used.

Top Bottom