• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This person said that he was an alt account of someone that was actually in the Geno Alliance.

antimatter

Smash Lord
oh god. this is like the videogame version of the communist interrogations: "have you ever been an antigeno member?"

Foxtorres

Smash Cadet
ya know, if Geno really is "2 1/2" Party or whatever the technical hell, More power to him, I welcome him then... but if its gunna take the 3rd party spot, he doesnt have a chance against Mega

Machspeed

Smash Lord
ya know, if Geno really is "2 1/2" Party or whatever the technical hell, More power to him, I welcome him then... but if its gunna take the 3rd party spot, he doesnt have a chance against Mega
He could, he's about the most valid 3rd party candidate coming from SE. They really aren't competing unless theres limiting third party space, because Megaman is from a completely different company.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Who said that both of them can't be in? No one's heard anything about these so-called "third-party slots" in months . . .

Think about it:

- We have a third-party character who was requested by the creator to be on the roster.

- We have a third-party character that made the roster due to (hugely) popular demand.

- We might have a certain robot third-party character who would make the roster due to an extensive history with Nintendo.

- Why can't we have a third-party character on the roster that was designed to be a part of the Mario world, making him a fitting candidate for Brawl?

I'm not even gonna touch Geno's chances of getting in as a Mario character, but most valid choice from SE? No. Why would Sakurai say "well, we got Konami's biggest character and Sega's biggest character, now let's get some character Square Enix made more than a decade ago for a single game that doesn't have any importance to them at all!"

What about Moogle? Slime? You know, the most recognizable icons of SE's two biggest series?

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I don't know. Maybe it's a result of Sakurai having little to no interest in them, what-so-ever?

There are a number of reasons I could give as to why that statement is wrong, but I'll settle with this this one in particular:

Konami's biggest character, Solid Snake, would have never been in Brawl had Hideo Kojima not requested for him to be. Sakurai wouldn't have given him a second glance.

Sega's biggest character, Sonic the Hedgehog, would have never been in Brawl had everyone including my Aunt Lynn not requested him.

These characters did not get in solely because of their status as gaming icons. There were other, greater factors in the works when these characters were added to the roster.

...Because Sakurai said this, right? Oh, wait, he's never said it in the history of time [that we know of].

And who gives a ****? Sakurai has creative control. If he didn't want Snake, he would have wanted someone else.

And your second post shows how really, really poor your whole argument is. If Sakurai didn't believe them to be iconic enough, why in the world would he pick them?

Are you implying that it is nothing more than a coincidence that a whopping no third party characters could be stated as not being the biggest character that their respective developers have created?

RDK

Smash Hero
- Why can't we have a third-party character on the roster that was designed to be a part of the Mario world, making him a fitting candidate for Brawl?
Because Megaman is WAY more iconic and important to the gaming world than Geno.

And you guys know that Zorya was Ralph Marquee, right? Wasn't he in the GA?

RDK

Smash Hero
What about Moogle? Slime? You know, the most recognizable icons of SE's two biggest series?
Slime and Moogle? WTF? Yes, Slime, but Moogle? I laughed.

Try Slime and Cloud.

Fixed

10char
I don't think that an irrelevant-to-Nintendo character and a character with little relevance to Nintendo have better chances than the mascot of a series with is getting four games this year and next year (DQIV, DQV, DQVI, DQIX) and will definitely contribute more than 10 million copies in its series.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Because Megaman is WAY more iconic and important to the gaming world than Geno.

And you guys know that Zorya was Ralph Marquee, right? Wasn't he in the GA?
I addressed that in my post. I wouldn't expect to see Geno in the game before Megaman. If it happens, cool, but I'm not counting on it.

I can't believe people are still talking about this . . . Zorya = Ralph Marquee = Antinegative

It's so blatantly obvious that it isn't even funny.

Fixed

10char
I don't think that an irrelevant-to-Nintendo character and a character with little relevance to Nintendo have better chances than the mascot of a series with is getting four games this year and next year (DQIV, DQV, DQVI, DQIX) and will definitely contribute more than 10 million copies in its series.

Slime and Moogle? WTF? Yes, Slime, but Moogle? I laughed.

Try Slime and Cloud.
*facepalm*

When did people get this stupid notion that Moogle is a bad choice? When Moogle became the most recurring character in FF's history, right behind Chocobo?

Am I actually being lambasted for saying Moogle has a good chance by someone saying Cloud should be in SSBB?

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, since when does a character have to have a big history with Nintendo or be relevant to be included in Brawl? Snake barely has two games on Nintendo, one of them is just a remake and he's promoting a game for PS3.

RDK

Smash Hero
*facepalm*

When did people get this stupid notion that Moogle is a bad choice? When Moogle became the most recurring character in FF's history, right behind Chocobo?

Am I actually being lambasted for saying Moogle has a good chance by someone saying Cloud should be in SSBB?
I never said Cloud should be in SSB. I was replying to your post about Slime and Moogle being the most recognized of all SE characters, when it's obviously wrong. Never did I say anything about them being in Brawl.

Yeah, such a small connection - a game developed by a developer with ties to Nintendo, development supervised by Shigeru Miyamoto, published by Nintendo. Such a similar example! They never did anything with Cloud ever, but who cares about that?

If Sakurai didn't care about their importance to Nintendo, he wouldn't have even bothered to include the guidelines he did (such as needing to have appeared on a Nintendo system). Cloud's only appearance was a minorish role in a GBA game. That's hardly more deserving than Slime and Moogle.

Slime is the mascot of DQ, which has had four games for the DS and Wii so far, with three in development. He appeared in a DQ x Mario DS game called Itagaki Street DS, and has had a starring role in two games on Nintendo systems.

Moogle is a regular fixture in FF games, and was playable in Mario Hoops for the DS.

Both have had bigger roles on Nintendo systems than Cloud or Sora.

I never said Cloud should be in SSB. I was replying to your post about Slime and Moogle being the most recognized of all FF characters, when it's obviously wrong. Never did I say anything about them being in Brawl.
It is obviously wrong that Slime is the most recognized of all FF characters.

But to Nintendo, Moogle is the most well-known. If one hasn't played FFVII, and one wouldn't if they only owned a Nintendo system, then one would be playing FFsI-VI - several of which feature Moogles, one featuring him as a main character.

RDK

Smash Hero
of all SE characters, when it's obviously wrong
^ Typo. :psycho:

If Sakurai didn't care about their importance to Nintendo, he wouldn't have even bothered to include the guidelines he did (such as needing to have appeared on a Nintendo system). Cloud's only appearance was a minorish role in a GBA game. That's hardly more deserving than Slime and Moogle.
Cloud would still make a worlds-better Brawl Character than Slime, and definetely more than Moogle.

Yeah, Cloud's a has-been. But Pit and Geno aren't? Pit's a mega-has-been, and he's in the game already. As much as I don't like it, Geno's a hop, skip, and a jump away, too.

Moogle is a regular fixture in FF games, and was playable in Mario Hoops for the DS.
So was Cactuar. What's your point?

Both have had bigger roles on Nintendo systems than Cloud or Sora.
Neither would make better Brawl characters than Cloud or Sora.

^ Typo. :psycho:

Cloud would still make a worlds-better Brawl Character than Slime, and definetely more than Moogle.

Yeah, Cloud's a has-been. But Pit and Geno aren't? Pit's a mega-has-been, and he's in the game already. As much as I don't like it, Geno's a hop, skip, and a jump away, too.

So was Cactuar. What's your point?

Neither would make better Brawl characters than Cloud or Sora.
1. Would Kratos? Yes. Until you say "shouldn't we consider characters' importance to Nintendo? And then consider that Cloud is extremely unimportant to Nintendo?" I mean really, in these cases, people cling to every single minor role they have had on a Nintendo system as evidence of their likelihood. It doesn't matter how many or how unimportant the role, if it's a role, then they're a "good choice" for whatever reason. Slime has had two games where he was the main character. He is by and large the most iconic character in Japan from Square Enix, simply because DQ is their most iconic franchise in Japan.

2. I never said he was a has-been, he's a never-been for Nintendo-only gamers. At what point would Sakurai put in a character that appeals to Sony-only gamers?

3. Pit's a retro character, and a Nintendo character. Cloud is a character with a minor role on a Nintendo system, and why would Cloud be in the same boat as Pit? Pit is more recognized by Sakurai and the developers because he's made by Nintendo, they care about his inclusion more. Not so with Cloud.

4. Cactuar is a recurring character like an Imp would be. He has an interesting enemy role, but that's it. Cactuar was playable in Hoops, but that alone doesn't matter.

5. Their importance and history with Nintendo makes them better characters than Cloud and Sora, who lack any importance.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Cloud's cameo in Kingdom Hearts is his loophole, just so you know.

I see that the only reason Link to the ***** hates Geno because he's a bit obscure.

Sakurai has plenty of interest in him, and even Nintendo showed a bit of interest with a cameo appearence. For all we know, that cameo appearence could of been meant for more but SE put a stop to that.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
For the record, you guys are going WAY off topic here. As far as we all should be able to tell, what really matters is that al the prerequisites are met. We don't know how Sakurai gauges a characters qualifications past that point.

It very well may be that a lot of these characters are first in line, ahead of Geno. For all we know, however, it could be the exact opposite.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Aw man, another day of argument on the Geno boards, what are we talking about this time gentlemen?

I seriously hope it's nothing to do with Cloud again.

This guy is saying that Moogle and Slime are more worthy of being in Brawl than Sora or Cloud?
Surely you jest.
Well, I dunno, I guess I just care about common sense, intelligence, logic, reality, fact, truth, actuality, etc.

Slime is one of the biggest creations SE has ever made. It's the mascot of their biggest franchise in Japan, and the fact is that FF is not that big on Nintendo systems, at least not compared to DQ (DQIX is going to sell more copies than any FF game on a Nintendo system released in the last three gens).

Now, why do you imply that Cloud and Sora, who have very little importance to Nintendo whatsoever, are better choices than a character who's had two starring roles on Nintendo systems and is a mascot on SE's biggest franchise in Japan, which is currently aimed at Nintendo's DS and Wii?

Cless

Smash Champion
Ok, Slime doesn't do anything. He'd be a terrible character. He's good for Itadaki Street and his own spinoffs. They'd be better off having Hero as a character.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Well, I dunno, I guess I just care about common sense, intelligence, logic, reality, fact, truth, actuality, etc.

Slime is one of the biggest creations SE has ever made. It's the mascot of their biggest franchise in Japan, and the fact is that FF is not that big on Nintendo systems, at least not compared to DQ (DQIX is going to sell more copies than any FF game on a Nintendo system released in the last three gens).

Now, why do you imply that Cloud and Sora, who have very little importance to Nintendo whatsoever, are better choices than a character who's had two starring roles on Nintendo systems and is a mascot on SE's biggest franchise in Japan, which is currently aimed at Nintendo's DS and Wii?
Snake had very little importance to Nintendo, yet he is in Brawl. Sora would not only be a smart move, but a good business move too. (For more info go to the Official Sora Support thread and go to page 11) You say your a logical thinking man, yet how in the world would Slime have a moveset? Sora would have a unique and interesting moveset, and the same goes for Cloud. Not to mention, there is a new Kingdom Hearts game coming out for the DS.

Cless

Smash Champion
Sora, Cloud, Slime, and Mog/a moogle are all terrible choices. Snake has more way more history with Nintendo than Sora and Cloud, the little that he has.

Ok, Slime doesn't do anything. He'd be a terrible character. He's good for Itadaki Street and his own spinoffs. They'd be better off having Hero as a character.

Have you ever played his games?

Wait, don't answer that. You say "he doesn't do anything". Using a sword, operating a tank, using a lightning staff, being able to shoot fire, etc. are nothing, now. The ability to pick up objects and enemies, throw them, use objects, jump, duck, walk, run, talk, battle, etc. Everything Link is able to do, Slime is able to do.

What about that do you not get?

Snake had very little importance to Nintendo, yet he is in Brawl. Sora would not only be a smart move, but a good business move too. (For more info go to the Official Sora Support thread and go to page 11) You say your a logical thinking man, yet how in the world would Slime have a moveset? Sora would have a unique and interesting moveset, and the same goes for Cloud. Not to mention, there is a new Kingdom Hearts game coming out for the DS.
Um, hello?

B: Laser beam (puts on an HMD and shoots a laser) - Based on the Robo Slime variation
Smash B: Blaze (shoots a fast-acting wave of flame out of his mouth) - Based on the Blaze ability he uses in all DQ games
Up B: Flight (grows a halo and angel wings and flies into the air) - Based on the Angel Slime variation
Down B: Dig (burrows into the ground, and is able to move around, until he eventually pops out of the ground, damaging whomever is above him) - An ability held by him in the GBA game
Final Smash: King Slime (six other Slimes fuse with him and create the stronger and slower King Slime) - Slimes do this in most DQ games

A moves would be his Elasto Blast move from DQ Heroes and his Slime Knight item, which would make him a sword user.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Sora, Cloud, Slime, and Mog/a moogle are all terrible choices. Snake has more way more history with Nintendo than Sora and Cloud, the little that he has.
Snake was chosen for Brawl because he is so iconic to video games in general. He represents one of the best video game series' of all time.

The same can go for Sora. Kingdom hearts was undoubtedly one of the best games for the Playstation 2, and if you don't believe me, read the sales.

Square Enix has already shown interest in bringing the Kingdom hearts series to Nintendo consoles with the new Kingdom Hearts game coming to the DS.

And regarding Cloud, who would better represent Final Fantasy? Sephiroth? No, he was never on a Nintendo console. Mog would not be as recognizable IMO. A Black Mage could even be used to represent Square Enix. For all we know, Square isn't even getting a rep in the game, not even Geno. But in my honest opinion, Sora or Cloud would be a much better representative for SE in Brawl than Slime or Mog.

In general? He's iconic to Sony!

And the new KH? Stars Roxas.

And no, Cloud's irrelevance to Nintendo means he'd be a horrible, horrible choice.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
In general? He's iconic to Sony!

And the new KH? Stars Roxas.

And no, Cloud's irrelevance to Nintendo means he'd be a horrible, horrible choice.
Snake has just as much irrelevance to Nintendo as Cloud! Snake major games were on what console, oh yeah PLAYSTATION! So wouldn't that make him iconic to Sony just as you said Sora was?

The new KH on the DS just shows SE's willingness to expand KH to Nintendo consoles.

Snake has just as much irrelevance to Nintendo as Cloud! Snake major games were on what console, oh yeah PLAYSTATION! So wouldn't that make him iconic to Sony just as you said Sora was?

The new KH on the DS just shows SE's willingness to expand KH to Nintendo consoles.
Well, let's see...

One of Snake's earliest games? NES, Metal Gear.

GBC port of Metal Gear.

GCN remake of MGS, developed by Silicon Knights, supervised by Shigeru Miyamoto and Hideo Kojima, published by Nintendo.

Cloud originated on PSX.

No ports to any Nintendo console.

And Nintendo has not published any game starring him, much less developed one.

Top Bottom