• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty....I cannot see just what kind of updates Sakurai has left. The last couple were pretty good. We already have 20 stages and it looks like all the item sections have their rows filled (not to say that they couldnt add more). There's still 1 empty slot in the Newcomers section under characters. Since Geno would probably be classified as secret though I cant seem him being revealed unless he counts as third party since the other third parties were shown, but he should be considered 2 1/2 or first by Sakurai as stated....soooo....Hmmm....I cant think of much to look forward to lol. I cant think of why I still check that site anymore. Still....maybe he could add more character information and save his butt until Jan. 24. After all we still have no Zelda information and their are still a couple gaps to fill. I still really want to see Geno take the Newcomer spot on that site though lol.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty....I cannot see just what kind of updates Sakurai has left. The last couple were pretty good. We already have 20 stages and it looks like all the item sections have their rows filled (not to say that they couldnt add more). There's still 1 empty slot in the Newcomers section under characters. Since Geno would probably be classified as secret though I cant seem him being revealed unless he counts as third party since the other third parties were shown, but he should be considered 2 1/2 or first by Sakurai as stated....soooo....Hmmm....I cant think of much to look forward to lol. I cant think of why I still check that site anymore. Still....maybe he could add more character information and save his butt until Jan. 24. After all we still have no Zelda information and their are still a couple gaps to fill. I still really want to see Geno take the Newcomer spot on that site though lol.
Geno will be in the game. My mind is already set on it. There doesm't exist a world where Geno isn't in Brawl.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Geno is very possibly in the game, sadly chances of seeing him revealed for awhile are low (I'd assume he's an unlockable.)

Hopefully Sakurai reveals him for the hype.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Considering how Sakurai hasn't even shown us all the characters that are in the starting roster, I seriously doubt Geno will be revealed before the game is released. My guess is that Sakurai's going to reveal 3 more people in the starting roster and one unlockable character (most likely Megaman).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Considering how Sakurai hasn't even shown us all the characters that are in the starting roster, I seriously doubt Geno will be revealed before the game is released. My guess is that Sakurai's going to reveal 3 more people in the starting roster and one unlockable character (most likely Megaman).
There's also a slight possibility that no other characters get revealed :s (But at this point i think at least two more will show up, COME ON SAKURAI TURN ON THE HYPE MACHINE AGAIN NUB :mad:.) At least the drought is over as today's update = Pure awsome.

Seriously, A Stage that tilts to another section to make you wierd on gravity? What will that crazy man come up with next? He probably broung back all the past stages from both games and added in 50 Insane new ones at this rate + Stage builder, And the music today...MAIGAWD, Claus? Come to me ^_^.

Wow i wonder what twomorrow will be :p.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
We have one spot open for a newcomer on the site.

I don't think it's going to be Geno, probably Krystal, Megaman, or Olimar at this point.

As far as veteran confirmations, the three I think will be Luigi, Ganondorf, and Cpt. Falcon. (Or the fat pink puff that sings)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

I don't think it's going to be Geno, probably Krystal, Megaman, or Olimar at this point.

As far as veteran confirmations, the three I think will be Luigi, Ganondorf, and Cpt. Falcon. (Or the fat pink puff that sings)
Ya, Krystal Olimar or ACer or something like that probably, Depends what he does...

Err wow we have a lot of stages in this game + To think of the more he has added ... :psycho: And Stage Builder, Wow.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice

They could add another row to the newcomers, although I doubt it so it will probably be just one. I also dont expect any veterans to be revealed because if they made a new row for them then they would PROBABLY do the same to the newcomers just to keep it even. Sakurai seems obsessed with keeping things even on the site so far lol.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't care if we don't get a Geno update, if his music the

"Beware the Forest's Mushrooms"

is in, then good enough for me.

Brawler360

Smash Cadet
That is a very hopeful estimate as far as characters revealed. I predict one more, if we are lucky.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's also a slight possibility that no other characters get revealed :s (But at this point i think at least two more will show up, COME ON SAKURAI TURN ON THE HYPE MACHINE AGAIN NUB :mad:.) At least the drought is over as today's update = Pure awsome.

Seriously, A Stage that tilts to another section to make you wierd on gravity? What will that crazy man come up with next? He probably broung back all the past stages from both games and added in 50 Insane new ones at this rate + Stage builder, And the music today...MAIGAWD, Claus? Come to me ^_^.

Wow i wonder what twomorrow will be :p.
You're right, I think it would be very hard for Sakurai to go another 6 weeks without revealing another character unless he started to do item, assist trophy, and pokemon updates nearly everyday. The fact that Sakurai showed us the character select screen that they used at E for All only about two weeks ago basically proves that there is still at least one completely seperate person that he hasn't revealed yet. (Captain Falcon, anyone?)

Heh, I knew how what is basically Claus's theme appear would put you in a good mood. Speaking of themes, of all the franchises revealed, there are only two that haven't had a music update yet: Sonic and Mario. Will we be listening to "Beware the Poison Mushrooms" by this time next week? Probably not but I'm uplifted by Christmas today and am not my usual pesimistic self. :laugh: Still, I'm practically biting my nails thinking about what tomorrow or Friday's update is going to be because, from how Sakurai's doing things, there's a very likely chance that at least ONE of them will be character related... With that in mind, I wonder if he'll do something for Christmas or at least New Years...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
He might just save a character until right before release, like say Megaman, and get the hype through the roof right before it hits the market.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say it's time for a new Geno thread.
No, this whole starting a new thread trend is pointless.

Anyway, I still don't think there will be ANY character till the 24th, and even if there was, it would not be Geno

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Of course not, I'd imagine he'd be unlockable (and I'd be pretty angry if he was a starter), so we're most likely not going to see him until after Japan's release.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ughhh why does everybody wants him in He was in only one game as a sidekick!!! that's like saying Vivian, Bow, Goombelle etc. for brawl. Do you see them making any chance???
Because he's cool and is from a good game. Why the hell would anyone want anybody in Brawl...?

That's not really a smart question to ask

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Ughhh why does everybody wants him in He was in only one game as a sidekick!!! that's like saying Vivian, Bow, Goombelle etc. for brawl. Do you see them making any chance???
LOL. Another one who hasn't read the first post, or played the Super Mario RPG.
Let's go ahead and recap what's been said in the past, oh I don't know 858 pages.

Geno is nowhere near a sidekick. The Super Mario RPG HAS no sidekicks. If you pay attention to the title alone, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars: Geno's mission is to repair star road using the stars collected along the mission. Mario meets his goal short-handedly, as Peach is saved less than halfway through the game, and even she joins your party. Mallow must meet his parents, Bowser must regain his castle, Geno must repair star road, and Mario is there to help. Mario's not a sidekick, Bowser's not a sidekick, Geno's not a sidekick, Mallow's not a sidekick, and neither is Peach. They all have goals at hand, but they decide it's smarter if they do it together. Also, the context your using "sidekick" in, why is Luigi in the game? Or Falco, or why is Krystal being considered? How about Diddy Kong? They are just about as much of a sidekick as Geno would be considered.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Also, the context your using "sidekick" in, why is Luigi in the game? Or Falco, or why is Krystal being considered? How about Diddy Kong? They are just about as much of a sidekick as Geno would be considered.
Those sidekicks have important roles to their series and reappear many times throughout them.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Yeah but they were in more games then one and why is it called mario RPG and not Geno RPG if Geno isn't a sidekick??? and I did read the first post and I didn't play SMRPG like a lot of people and as what your saying I could say a character like Bow isn't a sidekick either then what exactly is a sidekick?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah but they were in more games then one and why is it called mario RPG and not Geno RPG if Geno isn't a sidekick??? and I did read the first post and I didn't play SMRPG like a lot of people
Mario is already in Smash, if you haven't noticed.

I still don't see your point.

...and what does his role really matter if the main character is already in the game and he has a lot of fans?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Those sidekicks have important roles to their series and reappear many times throughout them.
Geno is just about as important as Mario in the Super Mario RPG, in terms of long term goals and helping out Mario's world. The stars were so that wishes could be granted again, and Geno came down to Earth with that goal at hand.

If there was an SMRPG2, you'd bet we'd be seeing him again, but since Square's and Nintendo's dispute, the game and all it's colorful cast of characters have been put to rest.

Luigi's important? He's starred in one game, Luigi's mansion, and has been Mario's sidekick any other time.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Geno is just about as important as Mario in the Super Mario RPG, in terms of long term goals and helping out Mario's world. The stars were so that wishes could be granted again, and Geno came down to Earth with that goal at hand.

If there was an SMRPG2, you'd bet we'd be seeing him again, but since Square's and Nintendo's dispute, the game and all it's colorful cast of characters have been put to rest.

Luigi's important? He's starred in one game, Luigi's mansion, and has been Mario's sidekick any other time.
He's a sidekick because he's Mario's brother. Just because he's a brother doesn't mean he's not important to the series. Luigi stars in a lot of games, maybe he's a sidekick, but he's still important.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
His role matters because there are a lot of other Mario characters that deserve to be in and okay his role in SMRPG is debateble but that's still only one game. And if you think Geno is more important then Luigi then you should go to a doctor because Luigi is in almost every mario game now and Geno in only one

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Okay, well then we have a little agreement.

Luigi is Mario's sidekick, and is still important.
Geno could be considered the same way, so theres no argument here.

TERMINATED.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
His role matters because there are a lot of other Mario characters that deserve to be in and okay his role in SMRPG is debateble but that's still only one game. And if you think Geno is more important then Luigi then you should go to a doctor because Luigi is in almost every mario game now and Geno in only one
Please, go play SMRPG. Before you judge a perfectly good character, which can be added to the roster, at least know one or two things about him before you charge head in.

Geno is owned by Square-Enix, Nintendo just can't jump and put him in every game they wanted to. They must get permission first, and Geno had a small cameo appearance in M&L:SS, where they had a small mention in the credits.

Geno is only in one, and so is Pit, who by the way is already added to the roster. You have no argument up that alley either.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because no other Mario characters has a lot of dedicated fans that have wanted their return for 11 years....

Not to mention the fact that he still has those fans after 11 years, he had to be memorable to a lot of people...especially only being playable in 1 game, and only being in 2

Machspeed

Smash Lord
No Mario game?
Super Mario RPG.

He belongs to Square-Enix, like I've just said. They can't run and put him in games without permission. Please stop repeating the same thing.

EDIT- And yes, if he still has fans after 11 years, alot of fans btw, that must mean he's still desired to be seen in Mario games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean a other game then Super Mario RPG and of course he has a lot of fans on a game board but do you really think they're a lot of people on the earth who actually know of him?
I really don't care.

I want him in Brawl, and I supported him since the old days when I didn't even know if he stood a chance.

I like the character, so I support him.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I mean a other game then Super Mario RPG and of course he has a lot of fans on a game board but do you really think they're a lot of people on the earth who actually know of him?
If you're not a young'n, Super Mario RPG was THE game of the Super Nintendo. Chances are ages 16 and above, know the game and who Geno is.

Some people are even below 16 and still play the game and know who he is.

Popularity still isn't even a factor; Game & Watch? Pit? Before a smash game, half the people on these boards could not recognize those two names.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've nothing against that I even admire you for supporting such a character but you have to admit he stands a worser chance then for example Bowser Jr.
I don't like Bowser Jr. so I don't support him.

I don't think anyone actually knows any of the characters chances in the first place.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I've nothing against that I even admire you for supporting such a character but you have to admit he stands a worser chance then for example Bowser Jr. and Pit was already meant for the 64 but they hadn't enough time and game and watch is just a WTF character
SMRPG2 was supposed to be Paper Mario, but Square-Enix and Nintendo had a dispute. Square-Enix broke away from Nintendo, and so it became Paper Mario 64.

Geno would still be an alive character, given SMRPG2 existed.

By the way your talking, since people don't know Geno, he would make a perfect WTF character. Not many people know him, very colorful move possibilities and he's on his way to becoming a retro character.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
Ofcourse they know some chances if another smash sequel comes out wouldn't it be super obvious that Mario was in it???

EDIT: I know I'm maby just a noob for you guys but I think he's a little stiff and I can't see him fight that's why I'm making a lot of these con-arguments. I just don't like him.

still it didn't happen so he isn't a alive character so in my eyes he has only a small chance of making it into brawl

Top Bottom