• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
The reason I didnt have the 3rd being peace sign is because I dont recall Geno ever doing the peace sign, but I may be mistaken. Also we can really only speculate abouthow Geno would be reloading his weapons and such....we have no idea how he would get the new ammo or how he would go about reloading so I kinda think that taunt is out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yuck!! That's a really disgusting Mii version of Geno.

And his taunt should be that he reloads his arm cannon with sphere bullets.
Yes, I do believe he should interact with his guns in one taunt, in some way

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Depends on how they make the guns. If it's the big bulky, spherical bullets, sure.

*is mad they wouldn't let Snake use any >_>*
Geno doesn't really use bullets...there more like BB's than anything...and cannonballs...

We all know Cannonballs are already IN smash because of the SE movie, and Geno's bullets are basically just tiny cannonballs...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
True.

For the move though, I wonder how they would incorporate his fist falling off? When you use the Geno beam or something, would the fist permanently stay off or would it come back after you use it?

Would it amount to Samus how you could pick it up and throw it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys are saying that Geno's gun should be like Fox's gun where Geno can shoot several pellets at a time.
No, and it shouldn't be his special attacks.

I think it would work best as his rapid attack A combo move

Enigma14

Smash Champion
It wouldn't have a very long range

But no, not everyone in Smash uses attacks that are just physical...

Pikachu for example shoots out electricity for one of his smashes.
Mewtwo's attacks for example.

Geno's specials have to be his magic, but it could also be his A moves due to the control thing.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Just to let you know before you start flaming me, I am not one of those ******** former R.I.D.L.E.Y. Members.

I mean, I was a member, but not one of THEM.

Now, I just going to say these words, I like the idea of Geno as a character, but sadly, I don't see him happening, I think he's a bit lower on the scale to Bowser Jr.

No offense to you guys, like the idea, again, sadly, don't see him happening.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Just to let you know before you start flaming me, I am not one of those ******** former R.I.D.L.E.Y. Members.

Now, I just going to say these words, I like the idea of Geno as a character, but sadly, I don't see him happening, I think he's a bit lower on the scale to Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr sucks though

Enigma14

Smash Champion

I agree with that but the thing is that Jr doesn't seem to have the eye of Sakurai, maybe interest but that's never been stated.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
So uhh... Did you all miss my post back there, or are you all waiting for me to post more info? :ohwell:
Wow...this is by far the best of all of the Geno signatures I've seen so far! Nice work!

Anyways, I've got to ask, IF Sakurai doesn't add him to the roster, nor does he make him an assist trophy........do we riot?

Machspeed

Smash Lord

This thread is jam-packed full of evidence, supporting his chances. You should contact Fatmanonice. I'm sure he'd convince you.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
But he's more popular, to the gamers of today..
I'd love Geno over him, but his chances aren't the best..
Popularity doesn't mean a thing, did you know Game & Watch before he was added to Smash Bros? Or Pit and the Ice Climbers?

Half these boards would not know those names until they saw them appear in a Smash Bros. game.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
You know, instead of bullying people to stay on topic, why don't you just try asking nicely? That way people can actually LIKE you instead of thinking you're just another jerk moderator. I don't think of you that way, but I start to every time you act like that. :urg: Seriously, this is just a message board, so stop acting like it's a crime that we sometimes start talking about other characters. In a sense, even when we are talking about other characters, we still are semi-on topic. Megaman, for example, is considered by many as GENO'S competition. That's why he was brought up. Honestly, start warning us if we start talking Burger King and George Bush; by all means, please. :ohwell:

ANYWAY. I just wanted to let you guys (and girls) know about something I'm working on. A while back I said I would write a possible plot for SMRPG2. Well, I completely forgot that had already been working on ideas for SMRPG2! :laugh: I already had lots of ideas including the plot, GENO'S INVOLVEMENT, new characters, bosses, and new moves. I want to construct a page where I can display all these ideas, but it may take a while. For now, I'll just give out pieces of info here (SINCE IT IS RELATED TO GENO).

Here's the first tidbit of info, the name:

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star

As you can already guess by the title, the main antagonist of the game would be the Dark Star. The Dark Star is basically the evil counterpart of the Mushroom Kingdom's Power Star. Which means the Power Star will play a role in this as well, but whether or not the Power Star and the Dark Star are going to be in anyway related is still under consideration. I'll be providing more info about the Dark Star later. I don't have much time to write it all out now.
this u mean?

Cless

Smash Champion
Popularity doesn't mean a thing, did you know Game & Watch before he was added to Smash Bros? Or Pit and the Ice Climbers?

Half these boards would not know those names until they saw them appear in a Smash Bros. game.
I did know Game and Watch and Pit, but there's one thing separating them and Geno: Ownership. Regardless of whether or not Sakurai considers Geno third party, the fact of the matter is that he is owned by Squeenix.

Yitik

Smash Cadet
I was actually introduced to Nintendo by Smash Bros., and now I continue to play its sequels because of Nintendo. The point really is that I didn't know about any of the characters in SSB64. Well, Mario, Donkey Kong, and the two Pokemon. That leaves eight I had no clue about...but now I'm a Nintendo fan. Nintendo knows that this happened/happens/will happen, and thus while popularity does make a difference for those returning fanboys anxious to see their favorite character in another game, lack of popularity is also a good thing to hype games that didn't get the sales they deserved and open windows for sequels and other localizations.

On Geno being owned by a third party - Considering that Square does have close relations with Nintendo, it would not be hard at all for them to get the rights to Geno. He did debut in a Nintendo game, filled with Nintendo characters. I may be missing something, but I don't see that point to be a very strong argument.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Naw, we don't really have to worry about that...

Because Geno will just blow up Japan in that unlikely event.
This post makes me smile. :)

And I'll be with Geno delivering an aerial bombardment of TNT esque explosives onto hotspots in Japan such as Shinjuku and Osaka.

But are you sure we shouldn't go with the traditional pitchforks and torches instead?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This post makes me smile. :)

And I'll be with Geno delivering an aerial bombardment of TNT esque explosives onto hotspots in Japan such as Shinjuku and Osaka.

But are you sure we shouldn't go with the traditional pitchforks and torches instead?
I'm not sure if you understand the joke. Go to youtube and look up the video "Smash Kingdom: Secret Movie", watch it and then you'll understand what he's referencing.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm not sure if you understand the joke. Go to youtube and look up the video "Smash Kingdom: Secret Movie", watch it and then you'll understand what he's referencing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwX5EpZfmuk

LLLLMAO!!

I did just as you said and whoa boy, Geno never looked so sleek! I loled throught the whole thing! Man thanks, nice find. :cool:

GENO FOR BRAWL!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But he's more popular, to the gamers of today..
I'd love Geno over him, but his chances aren't the best..
And as I pointed out in one of my earlier posts, popularity isn't the most important factor. Quite a large number of very popular characters have gone down the tubes and all of them were either mentioned once in Sakurai's journal or not mentioned at all. Bowser Jr and Dark Samus, for example, also didn't appear in Sakurai's journal. If you still believe popularity is the most important factor, consider the following:

"Now, because this journal reflects what Sakurai and his staff were interested in (but it by no means they are absolutely guarenteed a spot but it does give them a decent amount of support), it is expected that some very popular characters didn't appear. Sakurai even said in the journal himself that "adding just popular characters doesn't excite me." I personally believe (and there is strong evidence) that Sakurai was referring to characters he was going to make playable. Let's look at some of the people who have been made into ATs:

1. Samurai Goroh-easily the most requested F-Zero character since even before Melee and yet he didn't appear in Sakurai's journal.

2. Lyn-many polls both in Japan and North America showed that she wasn't too far behind Ike when it came to the next Fire Emblem character people wanted in Brawl but she didn't appear in Sakurai's journal either.

3. Deoxyes-the winner of the offical poll asking Japan who their favorite legardary pokemon was that Nintendo ran before the eighth(?) pokemon movie. Sakurai even went out and told us that Deoxyes was a very popular character but, like the Goroh and Lyn, he didn't appear in Sakurai's journal.

4. Saki- Sakurai came right out and told us just how popular this character was and how many people demanded him and yet, once again, he didn't appear at all in Sakurai's journal.

5. Waluigi- To everyone's horror, was actually the 4th most requested character for the next Smash Bros game in Nintendo Power's offical poll back in 2005 behind Wario, Toad, and Captain Olimar. Despite being highly recongized and appearing in more then 20 games since his debut, he also didn't appear in Sakurai's journal.

6. Toad and Daisy-same situation as above

7. Gardevoir-the only pokemon that actually mentioned once in Sakurai's journal and actually believed to be the most popular pokemon in Japan. This is yet another character that was sent to the preverbial graveyard.

8. Munchlax-referred to by some as the "pichu" of the Diamond and Pearl generation. This pokemon also has a massive following in Japan but didn't appear in Sakurai's journal and became a pokeball pokemon.

9. Meowth-similar situation as the two above

10. Little Mac- Only appeared once in Sakurai's journal and Sakurai hinted that, like the others I've mentioned, was highly suggested. He once noted how Punch Out, the Mystery of Murasume Castle and the Adventures of Lolo were his favorite games. Despite this, Little Mac became an AT and, at this point, it seems like Lolo and Muddy Mole (two other characters he said he really liked in different interviews) will probably go the same route since neither of them were mentioned either. Oddly enough, Takamaru (the star of "the Mystery of Murasume Castle) was mentioned three times and Sakurai has already made two really popular katanna users (Lyn and Goroh) into ATs. Perhaps he's making room for this hero? Only time will tell...

*side note: Sonic was mentioned in an interview but Sakurai didn't state how he felt about the character and meerly reflected on how he knew other people felt about him and the freakish demand for him. I believe the eight characters that Sakurai has mentioned in interviews since 2001 (Lucas, Sigurd, Little Mac, Muddy Mole, Lolo, Lip, the Balloon Fighter, and Sonic) are mostly exempt from the "journal rule" despite more then half of them being mentioned at least once within it. In other words, Sakurai sourcing them outside of the journal's context is relatively important despite, as he has said in the past, not just adding characters only he wants*

So there you go, ten examples regarding popular characters and providing evidence that Sakurai's journal provides evidence about who Sakurai and his team are interested in making playable.

On an ending note, it should also be noted that these characters were also only mentioned once and made into ATs/bosses:

1. Petey Pirhanna
2. Hammer Bros
3. the Advance Wars infantry men
4. the Excite Biker"

I might as well take this moment to point out how Dark Samus's deconfirmation is yet another punch in the kidneys to Bowser Jrs chances. Like I said in another post, Sakurai is avoiding adding characters that are basically just different variations of each other (although Paper Mario and Cell shaded Young Link are completely different graphic styles from their counterparts and have enough abilities to differentiate them from Mario and Adult Link). This is why Pichu is gone, why Lucas has most likely replaced Ness, and why there is a decent amount of evidence that shows that Dr. Mario is gone.

So in the end, like I said in yet another post, Geno's only real competition now is Paper Mario (as far as Mario characters go) but there isn't any true evidence that suggests that Sakurai has his eye on the character since it didn't appear in his journal, hasn't been mentioned in interviews, and wasn't requested in the 2001 Melee poll.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
On Geno being owned by a third party - Considering that Square does have close relations with Nintendo, it would not be hard at all for them to get the rights to Geno. He did debut in a Nintendo game, filled with Nintendo characters. I may be missing something, but I don't see that point to be a very strong argument.
There could be a few more complications. Sakurai and whoever else picks the characters could've changed their minds or might've wanted someone else to begin with but displayed some form of modesty...SE could want someone else and/or convince them to pick another character...Yadda yadda yadda.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
this u mean?
Just this:

ANYWAY. I just wanted to let you guys (and girls) know about something I'm working on. A while back I said I would write a possible plot for SMRPG2. Well, I completely forgot that had already been working on ideas for SMRPG2! I already had lots of ideas including the plot, GENO'S INVOLVEMENT, new characters, bosses, and new moves. I want to construct a page where I can display all these ideas, but it may take a while. For now, I'll just give out pieces of info here (SINCE IT IS RELATED TO GENO).

Here's the first tidbit of info, the name:

Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star

As you can already guess by the title, the main antagonist of the game would be the Dark Star. The Dark Star is basically the evil counterpart of the Mushroom Kingdom's Power Star. Which means the Power Star will play a role in this as well, but whether or not the Power Star and the Dark Star are going to be in anyway related is still under consideration. I'll be providing more info about the Dark Star later. I don't have much time to write it all out now.
I find it hard to believe such a large post was missed... I thought you guys wanted me to write this plot... :(

Top Bottom