• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So basically, if someone says "Icon 7 rep", that means they want any character from the Mother series?

And also, Icon 13 and 19 doesn't work for me.
Yes and I didn't put anything for icon 13 and 19 because we don't know offically what they are yet. Logically though, icon 13 is Game and Watch because is between Fire Emblem and Ice Climber, two franchises that first had playable reps in Melee. Icon 19 could be anything but if I had to guess, I'd say that it is Pikmin. In the end, I believe Brawl will have no less then 23 playable franchises and no more then 25. Pikmin, Megaman, and Golden Sun are currently the front runners for these spots with obscure one hit wonders like Joy Mech Fight and the Mystery of Murasume Castle behind them. These are essentially the remaining franchises that had specific characters mentioned more then once in Sakurai's journal and haven't had too much revealed to debunk their inclusion.

D

Deleted member

Sh*t double post by accident.

Fatman, I wanna know how Stafy affects Ray 01's chances.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I've got to put in my top five picks, now.

Top Five:
1. Geno
2. Crono(Chrono Trigger)
3. Megaman X(Based from the first three Megaman X games)
4. Tails(Sonic the Hedgehog 2)
5. Sora(Kingdom Hearts)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Only number one has a real chance. Megaman will be in over X. Crono is a long shot because of the location of the creators. Tails is low because it looks like that Third-Parties are only getting one rep. And Sora is Disney, so he wouldn't be interfering with Square-Enix. Only Sora, though. No other Disney characters.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Back to the Geno topic...

honestly I can't see Megman as a Brawler sorry, just cant for some reaosn, I dont hate him or anything its just i just cant picture him as 1...

Anyways had a funny idea

was playing Galaxy a bit today at gamestop and I came up with this mental drawing...

Geno shooting Star Bits at stars from his guns/cannon arms XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sh*t double post by accident.

Fatman, I wanna know how Stafy affects Ray 01's chances.
It's because it shows that Sakurai is mainly reserving the playable spots for franchises that have had a decent amount of success in more then one region and that if he's going to add more obscure franchises and give them a playable rep, chances are they are going to be virtually unknown to a good percentage of people in all the regions, kind of like how Mr. Game and Watch was.

Nintendo was confident that because Fire Emblem caught on in North America and Europe, that Custom Robo would too but that really hasn't been the case. It has done okay in Japan and has pretty much flopped everywhere else. Jill Dozer being made into an AT adds to this and there is a possibility that this may be what happens to to Advance/Nintendo Wars. (The icon of the infantrymen needs to be revealed before any conclusions can be drawn but their early unveilment makes me think otherwise.*) Because of this, Demille (the star of Alphadream's Tomato Adventure and a character who appeared twice in Sakurai's journal) was also deeply hurt by this update.

*side note: regarding early unveilments, the fact that E for All unveiled the urchins from the Clu Clu Land games probably deeply hurts Bubbles' chances and how Lip's stick (her weapon that is the equivalent of Link's Master Sword) being an item again probably hurt's Lip's chances. Like the characters I mentioned in the previous paragraph, they are also stars of franchises that have had mild success and/or are virtually unknown in certain regions.*

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
i have a sweet idea for genos up+b that i havent seen before. if he was falling and trying to get back onto the stage, he could up+b and shoot his arms off and grab onto the ledge and suck up to his arms which are hanging on the ledge!

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
i have a sweet idea for genos up+b that i havent seen before. if he was falling and trying to get back onto the stage, he could up+b and shoot his arms off and grab onto the ledge and suck up to his arms which are hanging on the ledge!
That's an awesome idea! But for some reason, it would kind of weird to me. For everyone elses up b, they immediately start going up...but with this one, his arms would go up, but geno would keep falling, THEN go up. It would feel weird, it would feel like its delayed or something.

Unless you see Geno's arms shoot off, stay still in the air, and Geno dissappears and suddenly re-appears attached to his arms, if it happens fast...that might work.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
And just because everyone else is doing it, this has been my top ten list for Brawl since May 06:

1. Geno
2. Megaman
3. Diddy Kong (confirmed)
4. King Dedede (confirmed)
5. Krystal (semi-confirmed)
6. Ridley (confirmed that he'll at least be in the game in some form)
7. Vaati (chances severally reduced by the Bosses update)
8. Ray 01 (chances severally reduced by the Stafy update)
9. Lucario or Deoxyes (all his competition has been elminated so... Deoxyes was made into a pokeball pokemon)
10. Captain Olimar
Needz moar claus :p.
Megaman, and Golden Sun are currently the front runners for these spots
:D Yay isaac.

So besides out "POST YOUR TOP 10 HERE" Discussion what else is there to discuss on? I Think we've discussed geno to death lol..

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wow. So these people have memorized what each of these twenty one numbers is supposed to mean? I could understand that if they were fighter pilots, but this is a video game! Way outta my league, mate :D .
I only remembered those two numbers because they are the only ones that don't have a character yet. (F-Zero doesn't, but come on, how could CF NOT be in the game?)

So, I want an Animal Crossing character and a character for the DS logo and Pictochat stage.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Back to the Geno topic...

honestly I can't see Megman as a Brawler sorry, just cant for some reaosn, I dont hate him or anything its just i just cant picture him as 1...

Anyways had a funny idea

was playing Galaxy a bit today at gamestop and I came up with this mental drawing...

Geno shooting Star Bits at stars from his guns/cannon arms XD
I agree, Megaman looks like he could be Samus's clone. Really.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If he absorbs abilities from other people like Kirby does will he still be a Samus clone? His stuff focuses on projectiles while Kirby's can be physical or of the projectile variety.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
No he can't. If you've played Megaman (well EXE at least) he has a whole arsenal of attacks, swords, beam cannons, different types of weapons.

Classic like everyone wants including myself, would not be close to a Samus clone.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think Megaman would obviously have his similarities between the two:

1. Charged shot. (Samus)

2. Absorbing abilities from others. (Kirby)

But really, Megaman has been doing this before Kirby or Samus was a twinkle in anyone's eye. =oP

Well maybe not Samus...she is quite old. Lol.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There won't be a character whose home is Pictochat.
Not nessecarily... there is one character who fits the bill and, if you consider the sheer sales internationally of the game, it sort of makes sense: Professor Kawashima. If you don't know who I'm talking about, it's this guy:

Yeah, I know, the idea's definately weird but he could be easily be given a body and be made into Brawl's WTF character like Mr. Game and Watch was in Melee. Heck, with a game that has sold 9.66 million copies worldwide and has been made available to every region that Nintendo sells to (and been a million seller in all of them to boot), you'd have to be crazy to think that it'll only be represented by a meer piece of music.

*Add in: Professor Kawashima was also mentioned twice in Sakurai's journal*

y3nia659

Smash Ace
It's because it shows that Sakurai is mainly reserving the playable spots for franchises that have had a decent amount of success in more then one region and that if he's going to add more obscure franchises and give them a playable rep, chances are they are going to be virtually unknown to a good percentage of people in all the regions, kind of like how Mr. Game and Watch was.

Nintendo was confident that because Fire Emblem caught on in North America and Europe, that Custom Robo would too but that really hasn't been the case. It has done okay in Japan and has pretty much flopped everywhere else. Jill Dozer being made into an AT adds to this and there is a possibility that this may be what happens to to Advance/Nintendo Wars. (The icon of the infantrymen needs to be revealed before any conclusions can be drawn but their early unveilment makes me think otherwise.*) Because of this, Demille (the star of Alphadream's Tomato Adventure and a character who appeared twice in Sakurai's journal) was also deeply hurt by this update.

*side note: regarding early unveilments, the fact that E for All unveiled the urchins from the Clu Clu Land games probably deeply hurts Bubbles' chances and how Lip's stick (her weapon that is the equivalent of Link's Master Sword) being an item again probably hurt's Lip's chances. Like the characters I mentioned in the previous paragraph, they are also stars of franchises that have had mild success and/or are virtually unknown in certain regions.*
:( makes me feel sad so many good choices are being left out.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I presume if Geno were to get a stage, would you guys would want the "Forest Maze" theme?
I know I would. As one of the best themes out there imo I think it also fits Geno pretty well. :)

D

Deleted member

=|

So, yeah...
How 'bout dat Geno, eh? Pritty nifty for Brawl, I must say.

Oh, Welcome back, Gimpy. ^_^

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Megaman wouldn't copy, and a real person playable FTL.

Anyways...it's hard to talk about Geno...does anyone have his special move set?

D

Deleted member

My Idea for an entrance:

Unpossessed doll already on the stage than Geno's star soul or whatever comes down and possesses it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
An entrance idea? The one I like the most is Geno the doll just sitting on the ground with his head down and eyes closed, there's a flash, Geno's then standing with his head down, he lifts his head up, his eyes quickly open, you see a tiny flash in his eyes as if something was being activated and then he gets in his fighting stance.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Kirby and Princess of choice chase Wario to a forest, Geno comes out and attacks Wario thinking he's Booster.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wario and Booster meeting, that'd be hilarious! I wonder if AT's will be involved in the SSE too... What I was thinking is maybe that Mallow could be involved with Geno's portion too even if he (referring to Mallow) winds up as an AT.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
How about this, Kirby & Princess team up with Geno to attack Wario and then after the battle, the screen gets dark and then says "Geno has came from the sky"..."Geno is now playable".
No

For 1, the story shouldn't be intrurupted for a into, if anything, they should just have him explain why he's there, but seeing as how no one talks...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I decided to play through Super Mario RPG again and I was reading the offical guide and I learned something weird; Geno's lazer attacks (Geno Beam and Blast) are defined as "ice" attacks. There is such thing as cold lazers and Geno Blast is a lot like an aurora so do you think these attacks should have freezing capabilities? I imagine that a direct hit from a Geno Beam would easily incase someone in ice and it would definately bring something that we haven't seen yet. (PK Freeze works like PK Flash and the Ice Climber's B attack doesn't freeze your oppenent very often.) I imagine that it'd be like throwing a Freezie at them. This would also help differentiate between it and Samus's Zero Lazer.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Oh, then yeah that could work (sorry I misunderstood it), but I would rather unlock him in a 1 on 1 battle.
How about Kirby & Peach acciddently attack Geno when they confused him for an enemy hiding in a bush, so then geno attacks and you choose between peach or kirby to fight him. And after Kirby(or peach) wins, Geno chases Kirby & Peach and makes a expression that he would like to help them.

Top Bottom