• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Agreed entirely with all three ideas/points. I really would like Geno's stage to be tourny legal though. I do like the idea though of eliminating the jump, or all A or B attacks.
Yeah, I like those points too. How about Star Road as a stage?

1000th REPLY in the Geno thread is mine!

Shakkazombie

Smash Rookie
Geno is one of the most perfect characters for SSBB. He is just one of those characters that even though he may not have done much he's just that awesome.Great moveset by the way.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
We were talking about Bowyer, this bow and arrow looking monster. It is pretty obvious that there aren't any creative names in the game but just wierd ones instead. Smithy? Gee, that's creative.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Well, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that Final Destination will be back and probabbly with a remodeled background. Any suggestions for neutral stages?

bbb

Smash Champion
Maybe if Fox couldn't wave shine, level's like Mushroom Kingdom would be legal.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I think that they need to change Termina Great bay so its legal. This is actually more of a bump so it stays on the first page. I cant think of anything to say about Geno.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Geno is a wierd case. He is 3rd party and yet he has only appeared on Nintendo cosoles. I've yet to find out how expensive his rights would be.
Obviously not expensive enough to convince AlphaDream not to put him in as a 3 second cameo in Mario & Luigi.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Obviously not expensive enough to convince AlphaDream not to put him in as a 3 second cameo in Mario & Luigi.
I don't understand this question. Are you saying that Geno would be cheap? A cameo appearence is just what it is, a cameo. It would be different if it were him as a character. Also, wouldn't they just buy him if he was cheap. Nintendo knows he is popular but they are not buying the SMRPG franchise for one reason or another. Maybe Square wants to keep him for something?

icymatt

Smash Lord
I doubt up until this point neither company really had any plans for Geno. He's just been stuck in Copyright limbo. But I don't think Squenix really has any reason to care a whole lot about him appearing in Smash Bros.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I think that they need to change Termina Great bay so its legal. This is actually more of a bump so it stays on the first page. I cant think of anything to say about Geno.
I thought you didn't really want Geno. I don't, but I am not against him anyway for Termina all they have to do is increase the distance between the platforms to make it legal because then fox couldn't use his >B and he would be forced to jump under it like every one else making it fair right?

For Geno's stage thay could actually make it the mine where you first get him and that would make some sense. It could have a roof on it, but you would be able to go on top by going out of the mine and then it could have a mountain above the entrance ( sloped terrain that leke Hyrule where is is textured, but acts the same as a standard slope ) and then it could have another entrance on the other side so you could be killed both way and then lava on the floor with staggered platforms inside so the only way you couldn't be killed is up when your in the mine. Lava equalls water only damages will you are in it so you can fall through it, but if you are forced in it you have a chance to recover, but you take damage as a penelty. It would be a pretty decent size stage, but I think it would be nuetral it wouldn't favor anyone I can think of except maybe the people with five jumps, but that is wher the staggerd platforms com in the make it so even those charcters have to land on the all the platforms to make it across. Ther would only be two or three in the level so as not to make it massive and you could die outside the mine by falling like you fell of a mountain or something if I remember coorectly ther was a sharp dropoff at the entrance that could be the scenary and just make it fatal because you fell to far or something they could make that work I'm sure. What do you think it is just a possible suggestion though.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I am neutral on Geno but I really dont know how to fill some of the spots that would be left after the characters I wanted get in.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I just looked at the move generater and it was kinda interesting, but it all his moves seemed to be some form of recycled moves. Example the ^B is Zelda's. There ar4e many more that were recycled, but I don't want to name them all.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Those people just dont know what they are talking about. Or they are jealous that they didnt think of it.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I thought you didn't really want Geno. I don't, but I am not against him anyway for Termina all they have to do is increase the distance between the platforms to make it legal because then fox couldn't use his >B and he would be forced to jump under it like every one else making it fair right?

For Geno's stage thay could actually make it the mine where you first get him and that would make some sense. It could have a roof on it, but you would be able to go on top by going out of the mine and then it could have a mountain above the entrance ( sloped terrain that leke Hyrule where is is textured, but acts the same as a standard slope ) and then it could have another entrance on the other side so you could be killed both way and then lava on the floor with staggered platforms inside so the only way you couldn't be killed is up when your in the mine. Lava equalls water only damages will you are in it so you can fall through it, but if you are forced in it you have a chance to recover, but you take damage as a penelty. It would be a pretty decent size stage, but I think it would be nuetral it wouldn't favor anyone I can think of except maybe the people with five jumps, but that is wher the staggerd platforms com in the make it so even those charcters have to land on the all the platforms to make it across. Ther would only be two or three in the level so as not to make it massive and you could die outside the mine by falling like you fell of a mountain or something if I remember coorectly ther was a sharp dropoff at the entrance that could be the scenary and just make it fatal because you fell to far or something they could make that work I'm sure. What do you think it is just a possible suggestion though.
Actually, there was a letter suggesting a stage for Geno already on the poll: Forest Maze. The guy said he wanted Geno, the "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" track, and the Forest Maze stage. I don't recall if he went into super detail, but I'd imagine it being something with tree trunk "pipes," maybe weird illusions like fake trees and dead ends, and two levels (canopy and forest floor).

GenG

Smash Lord
For Geno, a stage could be a mix between Rainbow Road and Fountain of Dreams for the Star Road, and below, a neat view of the Mario RPG world.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I agree to stay about sticking with the Forest Maze. As for me I dont know all his attacks so sorry but I cant help you there.

Top Bottom