• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Everything about him yes.....however, we're missing one crucial piece....HIM! He's third party and owned by Square[Enix]. Square[Enix] can easily be jerks, being rivals and all, and not hand him over. So it all depends on whether Square[Enix] will lend him, maybe even sell him.

In fact, if I were Nintendo, I would buy the whole darn game. Do you know why? Virtual Console baby! It just makes sense.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Everything about him yes.....however, we're missing one crucial piece....HIM! He's third party and owned by Square[Enix]. Square[Enix] can easily be jerks, being rivals and all, and not hand him over. So it all depends on whether Square[Enix] will lend him, maybe even sell him.

In fact, if I were Nintendo, I would buy the whole darn game. Do you know why? Virtual Console baby! It just makes sense.
Yeah, Square Enix sure are jerks to Nintendo, making an exclusive FF game and all on the gamecube, and sequel to best seller "FF Tacticts" on the GBA :ohwell:

Oh man, and Square Enix REALLY kicked Nintendo in the nuts with Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Square Enix are really jerking Nintendo around by making games for them

Of COURSE Square Enix and Nintendo are close, I'm sure if they asked with a breifcase full of money nicely, SE would sell Nintendo Geno, Mallow, and the bunch

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Hey, business is business. If it doesn't suit them to sell Geno, they won't do it. Simple as that. And don't toss around the fact taht they OWN things like Geno because it is COMPLETE OWNAGE, meaning they can literally do whatever they want. They're not BFF's if that's what you're getting at.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I actually found out something pretty interesting the other day. Square Enix asked Nintendo if they could make Mario Hoops 3 on 3, I thought it was the other way around. Maybe as composition, they gave them Geno for Brawl and then will get him back afterwards. Hey, I am just guessing here.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, Square requested doing Mario Hoops. Not to mention bringing Final Fantasy III exclusively to the DS with a huge boost, not just to graphics, but adding other stuff to the game.

Yeah, Square totally hates Nintendo.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Anyway Genop would be third party and it seems that only two or three characters will be third party Snake is on of them, Megaman has a better shot than Geno and so does Sonic so that means no Geno.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Geno WONT be a 3rd party, hes from the marioverse, how can he be 3rd party? so what if Geno is from squareenix, they will work things out, also basement dweller u have disapointed me, Geno WILL be in brawl, as 1st party of course...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Just because he is in the Marioverse doesn't make him 1st party, check the first post in this thread. Also, Geno outranked Megaman on Sakurai's poll so who has a better chance again?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I know hes not 1st party, but u really think hes gonna be considered 3rd party being from the marioverse? they will fix things with Square enix, im sure of it lol as for 3rd partys I say Megaman and sonic, geno MUST be represented as 1st party...

icymatt

Smash Lord
Will they count him among them, though? It wouldn't really be fair if a character who is third-party only in copyright doubletalk takes up a space for a character who is a REAL third-party character(i.e. from a non-Nintendo game). Of course, if the developers aren't really keen on the whole idea of characters from non-Nintendo games, they could always use Geno as a cheater way to get 'third-party characters' into the game.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I know hes not 1st party, but u really think hes gonna be considered 3rd party being from the marioverse? they will fix things with Square enix, im sure of it lol as for 3rd partys I say Megaman and sonic, geno MUST be represented as 1st party...
Geno is third party and will be third party if in Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If he is not owned by Nintendo he is third party it doesn't matter where he is from he is not owned by Nintendo.
man ur really annoying... hes a character from the MARIOVERSE, Marioverse=nintendo=1st party, Sakurai will surely, being the wise man he is, fix a way so Geno can comeback to nintendo, and not consider him as a 3rd party, use ur imagination...

"But hes from square-enix!"
Hes from the marioverse, thus can be considered 1st party if sakurai fixes things with SE...

"But hes 3rd party and will be 3rd party in brawl"
READ the answer above

"But hes from SE!"
I know THAT, but hes from the MARIOVERSE... things can be fixed so he can be conside... why am I saying this again?

"... Im a smash lord I know what im saying"
And Im a smashlord and SMART...

"But hes 3rd party"
Cabron... read!! I cant put it more simpler than that...

"B-But hes from SE"
*Takes out m-16 and kills basement dweller...* alright much better...

icymatt

Smash Lord
But he's from a Nintendo game, and this may make Sakurai think that he shouldn't count among the 3rd party characters(if he has a limit.) This way, we can get Geno and two characters from non-Nintendo games(again, if 3 is the roof he set for himself.)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Did u like not read the above post from ur post, Sakurai Can make agreements with SE so Geno can come home with Nintendo, use ur little brain And think just for some seconds, u wont hurt urself... just like icymatt said, it wouldne be fair for characters that ARE 3rd party like Sonic and Megaman, to not have a shot because a character from the marioverse owned by someone else takes that spot, it isnt right... Geno shouldnt be considered 3rd party, more like a weird-2nd party like character, being owned by someone else, but is a character from the marioverse/nintendoverse...

zombie7775

Smash Lord
But he's from a Nintendo game, and this may make Sakurai think that he shouldn't count among the 3rd party characters(if he has a limit.) This way, we can get Geno and two characters from non-Nintendo games(again, if 3 is the roof he set for himself.)
They arnt going to put in characters that arnt on a nintendo game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude ur spamming u said the same freaking thing in the last post... in case u missed it:
man ur really annoying... hes a character from the MARIOVERSE, Marioverse=nintendo=1st party, Sakurai will surely, being the wise man he is, fix a way so Geno can comeback to nintendo, and not consider him as a 3rd party, use ur imagination...

"But hes from square-enix!"
Hes from the marioverse, thus can be considered 1st party if sakurai fixes things with SE...

"But hes 3rd party and will be 3rd party in brawl"
READ the answer above

"But hes from SE!"
I know THAT, but hes from the MARIOVERSE... things can be fixed so he can be conside... why am I saying this again?

"... Im a smash lord I know what im saying"
And Im a smashlord and SMART...

"But hes 3rd party"
Cabron... read!! I cant put it more simpler than that...

"B-But hes from SE"
*Takes out m-16 and kills basement dweller...* alright much better...
READ IT CABRON NO SEAS WEBON!!
Man I wish I can bad rep ya for every dum thing u have said, u would have like -300 points...

Stryks

Smash Hero
and in case ur dam ****ing blind, read my post u will actually have an idea (which I bet u havent had many) of how he can be considered 1st party...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Geno could only be considered 1st party if Nintendo bought the rights for him. But that would be costly. Plus it would be a smart decision if Square instead loaned Geno as a third party character to allow him to gain popularity back and then make games featuring him. Zombie and Basement Dweller had good points.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Stryks would you stop it? As much as I hate to admit it, Basement Boy is actually correct about something. Geno is third party, end of story. Continuing to say that "they could fix it so he's not" is not helping anything, because duh. They can buy the character, they can buy the whole game, or the "1-2" more characters was NOT concrete. It was worded as a question, which means he left himself open for more possible spaces.

Please, stop being so predictable (and that applies to all of you).

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Stryks would you stop it? As much as I hate to admit it, Basement Boy is actually correct about something. Geno is third party, end of story. Continuing to say that "they could fix it so he's not" is not helping anything, because duh. They can buy the character, they can buy the whole game, or the "1-2" more characters was NOT concrete. It was worded as a question, which means he left himself open for more possible spaces.

Please, stop being so predictable (and that applies to all of you).
It is about time you said something McFoxy.

icymatt

Smash Lord
All I'm saying is that if Geno gets in and all they want is 3 third party characters, they then decide to boost it to 4. All problems solved. Of course, they may not need to if nobody else takes the offer...

icymatt

Smash Lord
Rights-wise, Geno is third-party. Flavor-wise, he is a Nintendo character.

And if they don't want anymore third-parties...someone may be headin' for rejection town. And it probably won't be Geno.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I dont see what the big deal is about the third party thing. So far only one third party character has been confirmed. That leaves 1-2 spots left. He can take one of those spots.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
its really not that simple, i mean, copyright laws and whatnot. square, as mentioned so many many times before, OWNS Geno. Nintendo would have the acquire the rights to use him. if they can get the rights, i have no doubt Geno would be in Brawl.

Top Bottom