• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Yeah, you've got a problem with public displays of wood. We know.
You cant be too carefull these days. Some of the people out there are crazy. :laugh:

I doubt if he gets in they would just leave him alone and wouldnt do some kind of grafic enhancement.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Ok lets have a littel chat as to how video games work. Geno doesn't have graphics, the SNES did. That's like worrying saying that Link should get "better graphics" so he won't be all tiny and pixelated like he was 20 years ago. He will have the graphics that the Wii are capable of producing, end of story.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah, but wether they implement a new design is the question. Just because a sytstem has certain graphical capabilities doesn't mean they will be used to thier fullest.Example they used the old graphics for the classic Ice Climber trophy. So what we are trying to say is that they need to update his look and bring it up to the Wii's capabilities. Really we shouldn't have to draw you a map.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Draw a map? The only relevant statement you just made was "So what we are trying to say is that they need to update his look and bring it up to the Wii's capabilities."

Do you honestly believe that they would render AN IN GAME FULLY PLAYABLE CHARACTER in his old SNES look? Are you ********, the collision detection wouldn't match, he would stick out like a sore thumb, and don't you dare cite G&W on me you tool, because he had a full graphic makeover, the fact that he was 2-d has nothing to do with the fact that he had been built from the ground up, he's far too round, I guarantee he was completely bumbmapped to give him a more updated, non pixely look.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Hey, all I said was I would love to see how they graphically enhance Geno and then gave a nod to Wario and Pit. I don't even know what you two fools are having an argument about.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Wario in Smash doesn't look much different from every other 3D incarnation he's ever had, except he's wearing the Wario Ware costume.

Will they redesign Geno? Most likely, even if only slightly.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I just moved into college and my roommate brought his SNES. Now, I never played Super Mario RPG. [GASP!] So, i decided to start playing it. I got Geno and have been using him for a little bit. All I have is his Geno Beam. Still trying to figure out the best time to let go of Y. >.<

HOWEVER, I can already tell he KICKS A**!!! His stats alone make him awesome. He has that Shiek/Vegeta "Yea, I know I rock. What's your point?" attitude with a good story background.

Now I can see why everybody likes him. How come Nintendo didn't get the rights afterwards? Did Square keep everything made for just this game like Geno and Nintendo kept all their stuff like Mario? Well, he's cool and he definitely should be in Brawl.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Let go of Y when the three stars are all displayed at the same time. Not necessarily right when the last star appears, and NOT right as they're going away. Just when all three are up, let go.

And yeah, I'm not really sure why Nintendo didn't keep all the rights to the game. It was probably in Square's best interest to keep ownership of stuff they had created, it's just a shame that they've just let it fester in lingo for this long.

Laugh & He Dies

Smash Cadet
I love you Plan 9. lol.

Guess what?

SIG'D!
Err I also had the pleasure of sigging it ^_^

Edit: Btw what do I do to put the geno banner in my sig? I want to give as much support as possible. By the way McFox nice move list :)

Re-Edit :O

Im going to make a shirt that says "Geno For Brawl" With a silouette of Geno on it. Once I get a pic to iron on ill post the shirt.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Err I also had the pleasure of sigging it ^_^

Edit: Btw what do I do to put the geno banner in my sig? I want to give as much support as possible. By the way McFox nice move list :)

Re-Edit :O

Im going to make a shirt that says "Geno For Brawl" With a silouette of Geno on it. Once I get a pic to iron on ill post the shirt.

I don't know jack about computers. A little help here. I really want that in my sig.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I think I just got Geno's last move, Flash. I don't see a point to it, when Blast does like 20 pts less for 2 less FP. Blast is way cooler and can definitely be turned into a Smash move. I could see Beam, Whirl, Blast, and even Boost as his B moves [pun intended]. That would make for a very unique character.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Flash looks cool. The thought is supposed to be that it is so powerful that instead of changing his hands, he changes his entire body into a cannon. I think it is supposed to be exactly what it is called, flashy. Also, that is his last move. Bowser's moves dissapointed me. He didn't have his signature move, fire breath. Oh well.

Top Bottom