• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Bickering children and biased fanboys? yeah right, have a good day at the Skull Kid thread.

Let's go back to Geno now.
Vesperview, he just APOLOGIZED for trying to anger us, the least you could do is just let him be, I doubt you would have the decency to do what he did.

BTW: Skullkid, however unlikely, would be an awesome character for Brawl.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
The Peach FS was mostly from her DS game. Her moves in the game could have branched from the Mario RPG or it could be her general style, who knows.
...Not really. Nothing like this happens in Super Princess Peach (I own and have beaten the game, so I know what I'm talking about) By the same token, nothing like this really happens in SMRPG, either, but it seems to empasize her role as a more defensive/support character, like she was in SMRPG.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Peach's moveset in general is based on elements from Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Sports titles, and Mario RPG

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm just glad there are sensible posters like you and Sinn who are here to give me reassurance that these boards aren't just a haven for bickering children and biased fanboys.
I now feel warm and fuzzy <3

Oh, and about Peach's FS...while I like the idea that they might have pulled that from SMRPG, I think it would be a more convincing connection if there were sheep involved in it in any way...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah... Bowser should have the chain shomp as a weapon, or whatever they're called.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chain Chomp, they definetly should have given that to Bowser but he might have had to much range

In other news...

BlueWave predicted Megaman to be the final 3rd party character...Hopefully this means final 3rd party guest character since Geno is considered a Mario character...or nintendo got off their ***** and bought Geno

Steel Braxus

Smash Cadet
I think Unknown 1 is a bit bitter. How can someone hold so much hate and animosity towards a character that would only add to the depth and fun factor of Brawl? I don't really understand it. I'm certainly not a Geno fanboy, but I think it would be awesome if he was added to the game. And I want you to think, Unknown 1, for just a second about the thread you just posted.

What if, by luck or whatever, Geno does actually make it into the game? Then how stupid and ignorant will YOU feel?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Unknown 1 is a bit bitter. How can someone hold so much hate and animosity towards a character that would only add to the depth and fun factor of Brawl? I don't really understand it. I'm certainly not a Geno fanboy, but I think it would be awesome if he was added to the game. And I want you to think, Unknown 1, for just a second about the thread you just posted.

What if, by luck or whatever, Geno does actually make it into the game? Then how stupid and ignorant will YOU feel?
Unknown doesn't hate Geno...he may not like Geno but his whole point in coming was someone made him mad by dissproving all his point on why his character should get in, then visited this thread...and he assumed that person came here often, which he didn't. So he started spamming/trolling for no real reason

Snakz

Smash Ace
Anyone wana make predictions as to when Geno WILL be revealed as a Newcomer on the Dojo?

Im going to predict mid-late December, ill even go more specific and say sometime during the week that starts on Monday 17th of December :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Late December...I think he is a secret saved for the fans...to torment them into believing he has no chance...

then BAM! He's confirmed

Snakz

Smash Ace
Actually, i think once Sakurai confirms Ridley, he'll have gotten all the characters who got 4 votes out of the way ( if im not mistaken, and please correct me if am) except for Geno, saving him for last since he's 3rd party

And yea there's still King Dx3, but since Sakurai's shown so much modesty towards his own characters, he'll probably reveal him after Geno

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, i think once Sakurai confirms Ridley, he'll have gotten all the characters who got 4 votes out of the way ( if im not mistaken, and please correct me if am) except for Geno, saving him for last since he's 3rd party

And yea there's still King Dx3, but since Sakurai's shown so much modesty towards his own characters, he'll probably reveal him after Geno
Now Dedede is an obvious choice IN Brawl, and so is Ridley (He was predicted to be in...but his form IN Brawl is unknown...

Norfair seems to indicate...Playable!?!?!?!

...That just leaves Geno!

Almost 4,000!!!

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
I'd say that Geno's chances are steadily improving, seeing as except for Dedede, Ridley and perhaps Megaman, all the shoo-ins are confirmed, meaning it's pretty much anyone's game, and because there's probably going to be at least 40 characters, I see no reason why he shouldn't be included, seeing how often his name comes up in polls and requests.

I look foward to seeing what design they come up for him if he makes it! :3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It would be awesome if there was a bit more obscure AT to represent SMRPG, like the Axem Rangers, or Culex, or Belome...or Valentina.....

The Valentina battle made me laugh so hard....
Cules, I doubt...He was just made to look like a generic FF Boss...

Axem Rangers would be good

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still thinking that if Geno's in, he'll be an unlockable - we have so many starters already, y'know?
They haven't even releashed the obvious secret characters, let alone the unknown ones...(Except the 3rd party ones)...

Dang, when are they getting to it!!!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I have my doubts about Geno getting in, however IF he is in, I say he will be revealed before Ridley and DDD, if Lucas was was planned from the start to get in, so should DDD.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I'm still thinking that if Geno's in, he'll be an unlockable - we have so many starters already, y'know?
Well i never saw where it came from, but Sakurai "said" that he wants to be the first to reveal the whole character roster, so even unlockable characters will be revealed, which makes sense since Snake and Sonic are on the Dojo now

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have my doubts about Geno getting in, however IF he is in, I say he will be revealed before Ridley and DDD, if Lucas was was planned from the start to get in, so should DDD.
Nah, I think they both will be revealed before him. I have a feeling Ridley at least will appear in his form before him

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the main doubt is- Square owns him. I don't think Square is dumb enough to give him to Nintendo for free or for a small amount of money. Square's gonna jack the price up for him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
booster for AT :laugh:
in fact, booster for PC.
you could hold a bowser/mario/peach/booster fight. just like old times. sigh.
I can never look at Booster the same after something I accidently discovered on the internet...scarred me for life...

Grim Geno

Smash Cadet
Alabama, aka Smash Bros. Tournament Kryptonite
I actually posted this in another thread already, but as far as SMRPG Assist Trophies go, I'm hoping for the Seven Stars to come down and cause total havoc. Though, I think I would actually prefer Axem Rangers, now that someone has mentioned it.

I'm thinking Geno will make it in, but even as an avid Geno fan, am I the only one who thinks it'll be really weird to see him in this game? He's my most wanted character, but he still seems like an odd choice.

RDK

Smash Hero
Nintendo isn't going to use much-needed budget money to buy a character that was only in two games. Just because he was wanted on some of the polls that you've seen doesn't meen Sakurai is thinking about putting him in.

Believe it or not, Geno only has a big cult following here at SWF. Few people actually even know about him, or care, for that matter.

Plus, he just wouldn't make a good character addition. Beam attacks my ***.

Top Bottom