• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Shuma

Smash Hero
Someone sayid that one of Fox's costumes is Wolf O'donnel, of course some else said the only change is his fur color, so i dunno, there are no videos yet. And although Krystal is a given i would have loved to have Fox, Wolf and Krystal, instead of the blue parrot(of course we have yet to see if Wolf is surely deconfirmed, or if Falco is in, but whatever).

Edit:

Of course someone also said Marth was an Ike costume... and that makes no sense, why would Marth be a costume and not the Black Knight?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Someone sayid that one of Fox's costumes is Wolf O'donnel, of course some else said the only change is his fur color, so i dunno, there are no videos yet. And although Krystal is a given i would have loved to have Fox, Wolf and Krystal, instead of the blue parrot(of course we have yet to see if Wolf is surely deconfirmed, or if Falco is in, but whatever).

Edit:

Of course someone also said Marth was an Ike costume... and that makes no sense, why would Marth be a costume and not the Black Knight?
the black knight wouldnt work as a Ike costume, he fights very differently. also he has some thick armor, hes much large than ike, ect. sorry just saying.

Shuma

Smash Hero
And Marth is just like Ike? that's why mean, BK is much more similar than Ike, why would Marth be the one to be a costume? it makes no sense.

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
It must feel comforting to surround yourself in such a false sense of security, doesn't it?

You think that because Geno hasn't been deconfirmed yet, he still stands a chance? That's just sad, to be honest. Where the hell do you people acquire such an inverted sense of thinking?

But if you are still waiting for that day, well I'd hate to break the news to you this early, but I fear you'll be waiting until the 10th of February until you finally come to your senses, so don't hold your breath. And I bet even after the final roster is revealed, which is probably long before that date, you'll still be furiously searching through that list of playable characters - sans Geno.

Oh, but guess what guys! Recently, some random *ss characters that everybody already knew weren't going to make it have been deconfirmed lately. Unfortunately, your beloved character was not able to participate in this disheartening act of mass *geno*cide. Coincidence? IT MUST BE! ...stupid beyond stupidity. It's not like Sakurai is just going to post an update tomorrow stating,

"HAI GUYS check out this cool new item we have in store for you today!
p.s. Geno has been deconfirmed. Have a nice day!"

Wishful thinking, but I suppose it's not quite that easy. However, that doesn't stop overzealous fanboys from taking a simple generalization and twisting it around they see it's contorted form through their own eyes.

It's a shame, because when those fragile walls come crashing down, you will probably be too dumbfounded to realize how oblivious you were to the reality of the situation.

Take a moment, if you will, to peer through that dense fog of ignorance that enshrouds any possible trace of sound judgment.

Why, from any logical standpoint, would any 3rd party developer willingly hand over its intellectual property to another developer so that they may utilize its benefit for their own intents and purposes?

Because that benefit is mutual.

Do you think that the success of Brawl will help out Konami and the future of their Metal Gear Solid series? What if Sega decides to develop a new Sonic title, will they suddenly notice a jump in his fanbase? And how about Capcom; if they wish to participate in this, which of their characters do you think they will donate to grab people's attention toward future releases? I think you get the point.

And moving on...we come across Square. But in the case of Geno, does that very same formula apply? Let's delve in and take a look at the potential of this "mutually beneficial" deal between Square and Nintendo.

What does Square have to gain by giving up Geno, their intellectual property, to Nintendo? Where is the benefit of giving publicity to such an obscure character of a dead franchise? Out of all the potential characters that could represent the Square franchise, would they ever choose the complete and utter misrepresentation that is the character Geno?
No.

What does Nintendo have to lose by pursuing Square about Geno's inclusion to Brawl? When dealing with copyrights, if Square has nothing to gain out of this deal, then do you expect Nintendo to pay for his rights? Do you expect them to go through the hassle of such frivolous
paperwork and extreme misuse of time? Do you expect them to go entirely out of the realm of possible characters available at-hand just to appease an insignificant group of stubborn fanboys?
No.

Thread over.
You should put your good use of rhetoric to work in something that isnt useless, like not trying to convince us something.

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Seriously dude you need to STFU and get a life! What's the point of all of your moronic posts in this thread? (Don't answer, it's obvious)
What's the point?
Don't make me laugh, hypocrite. Yes, it's quite obvious that I'm discussing reasons why I feel a character does not deserve to be in Brawl. Sounds familiar?

At least I have the facts to support my opinion. And, ironically, I have yet to see a viable counterargument to repute said facts. If you had actually read my post instead of immediately jumping to conclusions, you would've seen that.

But if you have a learning disability like PsychoIncarnate and are unable to comprehend the content of my post, I suppose you could interpret it all as "your ********." Either one works.

vesperview

Smash Hero
What's the point?
Don't make me laugh, hypocrite. Yes, it's quite obvious that I'm discussing reasons why I feel a character does not deserve to be in Brawl. Sounds familiar?

At least I have the facts to support my opinion. And, ironically, I have yet to see a viable counterargument to repute said facts. If you had actually read my post instead of immediately jumping to conclusions, you would've seen that.

But if you have a learning disability like PsychoIncarnate and are unable to comprehend the content of my post, I suppose you could interpret it all as "your ********." Either one works.
*yawns* No one deliberately went to the Skull Kid thread to bash the character like you are doing right now, we just got a glimpse of some very stupid arguments about Skull Kid's inclusion and attacked back, eh is that the same? NO, and don't attack PsychoIncarnate cause he wasn't the one who was in the Skull Kid thread lol (cause those are the only ones you're attacking right?), now if you post SPAM again in the Geno thread, I'll report you, your not arguing anything about Geno you're just hurting cause you got thoroughly pwned at the Skull kid thread, now seriously get a life!

and seriously if you wrote that long **** just because you wanted to prove this:

I'm discussing reasons why I feel a character does not deserve to be in Brawl.
You certainly have less than a life than we thought.

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
we just got a glimpse of some very stupid arguments about Skull Kid's inclusion and attacked back
Funny, after reading some very stupid arguments about Geno's inclusion, I did the very same thing.

is that the same?
Well, yes? It seems it is.

and don't attack PsychoIncarnate cause he wasn't the one who was in the Skull Kid thread
Really? Surely it wasn't me who was mistaken? Oh wait, he did post in that thread, and then claims I was just calling people "********." Nice job insulting me and my posts. I have every reason to retaliate.

now if you post SPAM again in the Geno thread, I'll report you
Remember guys, whenever you're on the losing side of an argument, just start crying to the moderators. Grow up.

your not arguing anything about Geno
Wait, if I wasn't arguing about Geno...then what the hell was my post all about then? Seriously, learn to read.

you're just hurting cause you got thoroughly pwned at the Skull kid thread, now seriously get a life!
I could probably care less about a forum argument. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for you, seeing as how easily you take offense to mine.

and seriously if you wrote that long **** just because you wanted to prove this:

You certainly have less than a life than we thought.
Well yeah, if that's what it takes to get you to realize that Geno won't make it. Besides, you were doing the very same thing yesterday in the Skull Kid thread, multiple times in fact. And spending a few minutes to write a post really isn't that big of a deal to me, sorry. However less of a life you think I may have now, I'm confident that it will never be as low as yours.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In the lease he's increasing the Geno thread post count :chuckle:...

...Not that post count actually determines if a character will make it in or not. 'course with Geno it doesn't matter because he's already in!

He's kind of funny with his immature attitude and with the whole thinking by calling everyone ******* he's better than them.

Sinn

Smash Lord
So because you got butt hurt over something trivial and meaningless...it's then the RIGHT thing to do to try and make others feel the same way. Because that makes the most sense of all the available choices.

You can say what you want about Geno; I don't really care. But for the record, arguing your points or not, you're coming off as a bit of an *******, which isn't a necessary part of arguing. You can list off points A through Z on why Geno shouldn't and wouldn't be in Brawl, that's not what makes people want to report you. It's the belittling, condescending way you go about saying that the people who DO think he's going to be in (for reasons that are no less valid than yours) are complete idiots with the way you word those arguments .

So if you want to argue about Geno, swell. But if you're just going to treat other people like an asshat, then don't assume that we want you to leave because we're so hurt over not wanting to admit that you're right; we want you to leave because you're being an ASSHAT. That make any sense?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Funny, after reading some very stupid arguments about Geno's inclusion, I did the very same thing.

Well, yes? It seems it is.

Really? Surely it wasn't me who was mistaken? Oh wait, he did post in that thread, and then claims I was just calling people "********." Nice job insulting me and my posts. I have every reason to retaliate.

Remember guys, whenever you're on the losing side of an argument, just start crying to the moderators. Grow up.

Wait, if I wasn't arguing about Geno...then what the hell was my post all about then? Seriously, learn to read.

I could probably care less about a forum argument. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for you, seeing as how easily you take offense to mine.

Well yeah, if that's what it takes to get you to realize that Geno won't make it. Besides, you were doing the very same thing yesterday in the Skull Kid thread, multiple times in fact. And spending a few minutes to write a post really isn't that big of a deal to me, sorry. However less of a life you think I may have now, I'm confident that it will never be as low as yours.
I suggest you stop, you're really coming out very pathetic everytime you post, plus is very easy to pwn you so I won't bother any longer, now can we please get back on topic and discuss Geno?

Shuma

Smash Hero
ROFL, this thread is now hilarious, i think we accidentaly created a troll. Aniway, i'm playing Mario RPG again, just got mallow, how far is Geno? IIRC he's the third character you get after you defeat one of those koopa wizards... is it too far away?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ROFL, this thread is now hilarious, i think we accidentaly created a troll. Aniway, i'm playing Mario RPG again, just got mallow, how far is Geno? IIRC he's the third character you get after you defeat one of those koopa wizards... is it too far away?
Geno is in the forest maze...Which is not that long after the sewers and the waterwall mini-game thing. Yeah, third character but I don't think you fight any Koopa Wizards until way later into the game

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
So because you got butt hurt over something trivial and meaningless...it's then the RIGHT thing to do to try and make others feel the same way. Because that makes the most sense of all the available choices.

You can say what you want about Geno; I don't really care. But for the record, arguing your points or not, you're coming off as a bit of an *******, which isn't a necessary part of arguing. You can list off points A through Z on why Geno shouldn't and wouldn't be in Brawl, that's not what makes people want to report you. It's the belittling, condescending way you go about saying that the people who DO think he's going to be in (for reasons that are no less valid than yours) are complete idiots with the way you word those arguments .

So if you want to argue about Geno, swell. But if you're just going to treat other people like an asshat, then don't assume that we want you to leave because we're so hurt over not wanting to admit that you're right; we want you to leave because you're being an ASSHAT. That make any sense?
I wasn't aware that arguments were supposed to be "nice". I'll admit that I do go a bit overboard, but given the situation I'm in, I felt it was necessary. Unfortunately, my words indirectly impact genuine posters like you, when in reality I am only speaking against the thick-headed fanboys who had the nerve to invade the Skull Kid thread yesterday, and then take offense exactly what I'm doing right now. How does that make any sense?

They can interpret my post however they want. Do I care how they feel about me afterwards? No, not really. What you don't realize is that had I worded my argument any different, the outcome would've been the same. The supporters would completely ignore my points and flame me, in return I would get upset and retaliate in an effort to convey my original thoughts. Eventually, it would just escalate into what it has become now.

Is it best just to walk away? Probably. But what has that ever accomplished?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So what? I said Skull Kid was not Retro...

He's not

I correct people when they are wrong in ALL threads I go to

Retro games are still NES and before only

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well I'm pretty sure that walking away has left some people NOT dead in certain situations. Maybe not as often online (though I have heard of cases where it happens...most memorable being Nevada-tan), but in a real world situation, most definitely. It's harder to walk away a lot of times though, which is why it's often considered being the bigger person. But you've got to take into account...this is our thread for supporting the character WE want; WE'RE not going to leave it either way, so eventually you're going to end up going regardless.

Wording your argument differently may have had the same effect on some posters, but not all of them. I, for one, have seen several people come in here with the same view that you have about the character, and yet me, Psycho, and maybe a few other people actually had quite the civil conversation...and at the end of the day I recall that one of them was still unconvinced but agreed to disagree.

Point is...there's more than one way to approach everything. Even the post I made before this one had a harsher tone to it than I typically try to use, especially when trying to convince someone of something. But as a general rule, I try not to offend others if I can avoid it, even when I don't agree with them. If people acted like jerks on your thread, I'm sorry. But there's not really anything I can do about them. Just as there's not really anything I can do about what you're going to say while you're here. But I would hope that you'll at least try to get along with everyone else.

In any case...it's hella late, and I need to get a little sleep. And hope that Zhang Laoshi doesn't have my class for listening tomorrow or she's gonna kill me for not doing my homework. Eep.

volbound1700

Smash Master
What is with everyone playing Mario RPG for the first time the past few months... lol I picked it back up, had already been playing it but got stuck before and now new people are playing it.

The guy who said he constantly swapped characters is right. I read a little of the walkthrough and certain characters are better for certain areas. Mallow is real good in the sunken ship level due to the fact that everyone is weak to thunderbolt and fire (Mario).

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I beat that game a month ago Only character I didn't use much cept for bosses was Mario

Snakz

Smash Ace
I wasn't aware that arguments were supposed to be "nice". I'll admit that I do go a bit overboard, but given the situation I'm in, I felt it was necessary. Unfortunately, my words indirectly impact genuine posters like you, when in reality I am only speaking against the thick-headed fanboys who had the nerve to invade the Skull Kid thread yesterday, and then take offense exactly what I'm doing right now. How does that make any sense?

They can interpret my post however they want. Do I care how they feel about me afterwards? No, not really. What you don't realize is that had I worded my argument any different, the outcome would've been the same. The supporters would completely ignore my points and flame me, in return I would get upset and retaliate in an effort to convey my original thoughts. Eventually, it would just escalate into what it has become now.

Is it best just to walk away? Probably. But what has that ever accomplished?
Interpret you post, huh? well how is it that just cause a few people from this thread went over to yours and did whatever they did, gives you any right to start bashing all of us, which is exactly what you did, whether you realize it or not. Obviously if your gona open with:

Ukn0wn1 said:
It must feel comforting to surround yourself in such a false sense of security, doesn't it?

You think that because Geno hasn't been deconfirmed yet, he still stands a chance? That's just sad, to be honest. Where the hell do you people acquire such an inverted sense of thinking?
Your not gonna get very nice people arguing back, that makes me wonder who exactly is the inverted thinker here?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Ukn0wn1 = Whiner

Seriously. Dude. Just give it up - you're not convincing anyone of anything, nor are you offending any of us. All you're doing is being annoying.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Doesn't make much sense why you can only choose 3, all 5 are together in a group. What are the other two doing while you are fighting, playing poker?

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Yes. and Bowser always cheates at poker. Fun thing, tonight I dreamed that Geno was confirmed, but his updated design sucked horribly, think he had a dragon head or something... what? don't judge me, dreams are always confusing and bizarre.

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone called Nintendo of America? We should ask if Geno is in Brawl and judge by the way he or she says answers to find out.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Has anyone called Nintendo of America? We should ask if Geno is in Brawl and judge by the way he or she says answers to find out.
I had a similar proposition to Square, believe me, asking Nintendo about that is useless, they wont say a thing, and i doubt we'll be able to tell if Geno's possibly in or not based on how they say what, but it never hurt to try

Tell ya what, if someone does that, ill e-mail Square about Geno and see their reaction

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't make much sense why you can only choose 3, all 5 are together in a group. What are the other two doing while you are fighting, playing poker?
I've always wondered that. That and when two or three of the characters are talking; where are the others when all of this is taking place? For example, the scene in Nimbus Land where Bowser almost knocks down the door in the castle and Mallow tells him not to. Where are Peach and Geno while this is taking place?

volbound1700

Smash Master
If you call Nintendo/Square, you will get hold of a secretary or something who probably has no access to brawl and knows nothing about brawl anyways other then what we know.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't think Geno is an important enough character to make brawl but know I want him to just because I like his fanbase. Geno 4 Brawl 4 the fanbase.

Top Bottom