• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
Lol I really find this topic funny. These are the worst fan boys ever. At least
other fan boys have a character that actually has a chance of makeing it into the game.

Theres nothing I could say that would convince any geno fan of that.
What will you do when/if Geno is not in the game? You act like its a sure thing, when thats far from the truth.

Sure Geno might look cool, and might have a cool moveset.
But there are 60+ other characters that are more worthy and have a bigger fan base than geno.

yeah, yeah I know "Epic fail"
IMO no one is more worthy, and who cares who has a bigger fan base, Marth had NO fanbase in america, geno is WAY more popular in japan. Rather than trying to act cool and smart and trying to be the cool guy in a crowd, why don't you actually research the character before you flame him.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
other fan boys have a character that actually has a chance of makeing it into the game.

What will you do when/if Geno is not in the game? You act like its a sure thing, when thats far from the truth.

But there are 60+ other characters that are more worthy and have a bigger fan base than geno.

You're just mad that Geno has a better chance than Sora. Aren't you?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Jumping on the 'bash Geno' bandwagon FTL.

Simple fact: Geno scored the same on the poll as Ike and Diddy.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
Whats up, nice to see so much geno supporth eh. I think the movement of a wooden puppet character would lend its self well to brawl. Imagine a bunch of wooden clacking sounds as geno gets knocked around and such, awesome stuff. Count me in as a major Geno for brawl supporter.

JEBesh

Smash Cadet

i really find this post funny. perhaps you should do your research before you go off spouting such absolute statements.

fact: geno was one of the most requested characters on sakurai's poll. your opinion on whether or not geno is "worthy" is trivial in the end, especially considering it's coming from someone as apparently close minded as yourself.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ignore Mastermind, he never has any idea what he is talking about...he proved that a long time ago

vesperview

Smash Hero
Obviously I realize that, otherwise I wouldn't have posted.

And after seeing some very familiar faces in here, yes, they've made it clear that they don't.

p.s. In case you are mentally disabled, I'm talking specifically about vesperview, schlepboogie, and shuma who trolled up a storm in that thread. ****ing pathetic.

And I wouldn't have come in here and said anything if I didn't find you three circle jerking it over that picture of Geno. Next time, keep your biased sh*t where it belongs, thanks.
Why come to the Geno thread to complain about the Skull Kid thread, we all had our right to go there and speak our thoughts, that you got PWNED defending yours is a totally different story, plus how is winning an argument about such a **** character like SkullKid makes me mentally disabled? **** you! Plus the only idiot who "trolled up a storm" in the Skull Kid thread was 'Numa Dude'.

Sinn

Smash Lord

Oh, you again. Still convinced that Waluigi is going to be in the game?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Put in here because of stuff...

That's not the point...yes he would but he also wouldn't not be a nintendo character...Unlike Snake and Sonic who are definetly not nintendo characters. (I used a double negative...)

The money issue is not the reason he's limiting the 3rd party characters, Smash is a game where nintendo's greatest characters are thrown together into one world and forced to fight against eachother...

Brawl introduces guest characters from other universes...Sonic, Snake, potentially Megaman

However, Geno exists within the Mario universe, so he wouldn't be a guest in Smash

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace

Geno has 4 votes on sakuri's poll second only too dedede. He has the same number of votes as diddy who is already in the game. Sakuri knows fans want geno in the game the only question is if he can get things squared away with square. 60+ characters more worthy, lol, id like to see you attempt to make that list. Youll find that once you get about 3 or 4 down your gonna find it hard to argue any character over him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Characters getting deconfirmed left and right...

But Geno still stands

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Genosall, I take it you were going for a more rugged, badass Geno? ^^

@PsychoIncarnate: Yes, Geno still stands. And my belief that Geno will make it in Brawl still stands strong.

Geno for Brawl!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can someone post a link to a mp3 of Geno's Woods?
Here I think

http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/261/4

This action-packed fighting game features a ridiculous number of characters that have appeared on Nintendo platforms, from Mario™ to Link to Pikachu® ... to Solid Snake! As they square off in famous locales drawn from the rich history of Nintendo, literally anything can happen - and usually does. With limitless customizing options, items and weapons that boggle the mind and a wealth of modes, this game has truly infinite replayability.
Geno had better be in if there are "A ridiculous amount of characters"...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*hopes and prays that Geno will be announced confirmed and playable tonight*
It will happen soon, I can feel it...

...Either that or saved till near last because he has some kind of signigicance...

I always get those two feelings confused:psycho:

Snakz

Smash Ace

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I doubt Geno will be playable cause of S/E...however since Sakurai considers him Mario property we won't have to worry about Geno being as third party spot.

IF Geno is a PC I will **** bricks

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm betting if Geno get's in, he will be playable...

He'd better be with the apparent amount of characters there are

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If in legal terms Geno isn't first party it doesn't matter what Sakurai thinks.
No he's not first party but that doesn't mean he has to take a 3rd party guest spot when he is a 3rd party Mario character

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Let's hope he doesn't take a third party guest spot, Megaman is almost the rightful owner of that spot.
How would his mechanics work? He has to defeat an enemy and doesn't that enemy need to be a robot for him to use others moves?

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
IMO no one is more worthy, and who cares who has a bigger fan base, Marth had NO fanbase in america, geno is WAY more popular in japan. Rather than trying to act cool and smart and trying to be the cool guy in a crowd, why don't you actually research the character before you flame him.
Exactly. And someone used the example that characters with only a Japanese fan base will not make it in, we can use Lucas as an example. Not to say others didn't like him (Personally, I like him much better than Ness), but his japanese popularity helped get him in and helped build his America fan base.

And your signature is AWESOME, Burning Soul.

Snakz

Smash Ace
You really shouldn't be posting links to download copyrighter material, just a suggestion.
Just for the record, the artists on Newgrounds post their music for free download, the only thing you have to do is give credit to them, so as long as you post a link to the page where the music came from (which i did) then it's perfectly fine

By the way, i love your sig too Burning Soul, and i also love yours sHy)(gUy

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
It must feel comforting to surround yourself in such a false sense of security, doesn't it?

You think that because Geno hasn't been deconfirmed yet, he still stands a chance? That's just sad, to be honest. Where the hell do you people acquire such an inverted sense of thinking?

But if you are still waiting for that day, well I'd hate to break the news to you this early, but I fear you'll be waiting until the 10th of February until you finally come to your senses, so don't hold your breath. And I bet even after the final roster is revealed, which is probably long before that date, you'll still be furiously searching through that list of playable characters - sans Geno.

Oh, but guess what guys! Recently, some random *ss characters that everybody already knew weren't going to make it have been deconfirmed lately. Unfortunately, your beloved character was not able to participate in this disheartening act of mass *geno*cide. Coincidence? IT MUST BE! ...stupid beyond stupidity. It's not like Sakurai is just going to post an update tomorrow stating,

"HAI GUYS check out this cool new item we have in store for you today!
p.s. Geno has been deconfirmed. Have a nice day!"

Wishful thinking, but I suppose it's not quite that easy. However, that doesn't stop overzealous fanboys from taking a simple generalization and twisting it around they see it's contorted form through their own eyes.

It's a shame, because when those fragile walls come crashing down, you will probably be too dumbfounded to realize how oblivious you were to the reality of the situation.

Take a moment, if you will, to peer through that dense fog of ignorance that enshrouds any possible trace of sound judgment.

Why, from any logical standpoint, would any 3rd party developer willingly hand over its intellectual property to another developer so that they may utilize its benefit for their own intents and purposes?

Because that benefit is mutual.

Do you think that the success of Brawl will help out Konami and the future of their Metal Gear Solid series? What if Sega decides to develop a new Sonic title, will they suddenly notice a jump in his fanbase? And how about Capcom; if they wish to participate in this, which of their characters do you think they will donate to grab people's attention toward future releases? I think you get the point.

And moving on...we come across Square. But in the case of Geno, does that very same formula apply? Let's delve in and take a look at the potential of this "mutually beneficial" deal between Square and Nintendo.

What does Square have to gain by giving up Geno, their intellectual property, to Nintendo? Where is the benefit of giving publicity to such an obscure character of a dead franchise? Out of all the potential characters that could represent the Square franchise, would they ever choose the complete and utter misrepresentation that is the character Geno?
No.

What does Nintendo have to lose by pursuing Square about Geno's inclusion to Brawl? When dealing with copyrights, if Square has nothing to gain out of this deal, then do you expect Nintendo to pay for his rights? Do you expect them to go through the hassle of such frivolous
paperwork and extreme misuse of time? Do you expect them to go entirely out of the realm of possible characters available at-hand just to appease an insignificant group of stubborn fanboys?
No.

Thread over.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Oh, wouldn't that just be amazing; to have Geno be revealed as playable so very soon? If only...

EDIT: Oh, and unknown, I suggest you give it a rest. It's only becoming more and more blatantly obvious that you're just bitter about whatever went down in the Skull Kid topic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That Unknown is just being childish because he realized his character can't get in, he got his *** handed to him in an arguement with people that actually have intelligence and his only come back was "Well, your ********"...

It's pathetic actually...

vesperview

Smash Hero
It must feel comforting to surround yourself in such a false sense of security, doesn't it?

You think that because Geno hasn't been deconfirmed yet, he still stands a chance? That's just sad, to be honest. Where the hell do you people acquire such an inverted sense of thinking?

But if you are still waiting for that day, well I'd hate to break the news to you this early, but I fear you'll be waiting until the 10th of February until you finally come to your senses, so don't hold your breath. And I bet even after the final roster is revealed, which is probably long before that date, you'll still be furiously searching through that list of playable characters - sans Geno.

Oh, but guess what guys! Recently, some random *ss characters that everybody already knew weren't going to make it have been deconfirmed lately. Unfortunately, your beloved character was not able to participate in this disheartening act of mass *geno*cide. Coincidence? IT MUST BE! ...stupid beyond stupidity. It's not like Sakurai is just going to post an update tomorrow stating,

"HAI GUYS check out this cool new item we have in store for you today!
p.s. Geno has been deconfirmed. Have a nice day!"

Wishful thinking, but I suppose it's not quite that easy. However, that doesn't stop overzealous fanboys from taking a simple generalization and twisting it around they see it's contorted form through their own eyes.

It's a shame, because when those fragile walls come crashing down, you will probably be too dumbfounded to realize how oblivious you were to the reality of the situation.

Take a moment, if you will, to peer through that dense fog of ignorance that enshrouds any possible trace of sound judgment.

Why, from any logical standpoint, would any 3rd party developer willingly hand over its intellectual property to another developer so that they may utilize its benefit for their own intents and purposes?

Because that benefit is mutual.

Do you think that the success of Brawl will help out Konami and the future of their Metal Gear Solid series? What if Sega decides to develop a new Sonic title, will they suddenly notice a jump in his fanbase? And how about Capcom; if they wish to participate in this, which of their characters do you think they will donate to grab people's attention toward future releases? I think you get the point.

And moving on...we come across Square. But in the case of Geno, does that very same formula apply? Let's delve in and take a look at the potential of this "mutually beneficial" deal between Square and Nintendo.

What does Square have to gain by giving up Geno, their intellectual property, to Nintendo? Where is the benefit of giving publicity to such an obscure character of a dead franchise? Out of all the potential characters that could represent the Square franchise, would they ever choose the complete and utter misrepresentation that is the character Geno?
No.

What does Nintendo have to lose by pursuing Square about Geno's inclusion to Brawl? When dealing with copyrights, if Square has nothing to gain out of this deal, then do you expect Nintendo to pay for his rights? Do you expect them to go through the hassle of such frivolous
paperwork and extreme misuse of time? Do you expect them to go entirely out of the realm of possible characters available at-hand just to appease an insignificant group of stubborn fanboys?
No.

Thread over.
Seriously dude you need to STFU and get a life! What's the point of all of your moronic posts in this thread? (Don't answer, it's obvious)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Just ignore unksomething, he is angry 'cause he got his *** handed to him and now he is trolling other threads.

Aniway, Wolf's chances have been dramatically lowered, so there's a spot open in my heart for another char, Geno FTW.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I wonder, why would Wolf be changed into a simple costume, rather than playable? In favor of Krystal, perhaps? She DID score higher on the poll...

And SPEAKING of scoring high on the poll... >.>

Top Bottom