• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

volbound1700

Smash Master
Bowser has more Health and his moves are better.

I bought Geno's shooting fist upgrade at the Beaver town. I buy all the upgrades I have on store. Maybe Bowser just starts out tougher because I just got him at Booster's funhouse. I wish they didn't make you boot characters though, but I can see why. It would be too easy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowser has more Health and his moves are better.

I bought Geno's shooting fist upgrade at the Beaver town. I buy all the upgrades I have on store. Maybe Bowser just starts out tougher because I just got him at Booster's funhouse. I wish they didn't make you boot characters though, but I can see why. It would be too easy.
What level are you?

volbound1700

Smash Master
He does have the highest speed, but how does that matter? He is not that much lower then characters I am playing, but still seems like for the time Bowser is just a little better. Mallow not better because of his stats, but because of magic, and he isn't that far behind Geno as is. They both do around 30 damage. Geno 39-42, Mallow 33-35 or so. Thunderbolt is also real good with Mallow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He does have the highest speed, but how does that matter? He is not that much lower then characters I am playing, but still seems like for the time Bowser is just a little better. Mallow not better because of his stats, but because of magic, and he isn't that far behind Geno as is. They both do around 30 damage. Geno 39-42, Mallow 33-35 or so. Thunderbolt is also real good with Mallow.
Geno can boosts stats...plus do you have Geno Boost, whirl, or flash yet? Those are really powerful

Geno get's like 40 + more attack than Bowser

volbound1700

Smash Master
Geno can boosts stats...plus do you have Geno Boost, whirl, or flash yet? Those are really powerful
I just got it and have not tried it. Have that and the laser. The laser stinks.

Bowser's (rampage?) move really hurts me because it says to rotate the controller, I have an emulator on computer (don't have snes) so I can't rotate controller.

Like I said there is not a huge difference between all my characters

Mario does the most damage sometimes, depends on guy... but not much more then others.

Bowser has most health and does most damage if mario doesn't

Geno isn't very far behind.

However, Mallow's HP rain has won me so many battles, especially boss battles, so far that he definitely stays.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Antoher thing about the game is you never have a problem with money. I buy the stores out in every village I go to and still have coins.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Antoher thing about the game is you never have a problem with money. I buy the stores out in every village I go to and still have coins.
You are still pretty early in the game...Geno whirl can kill any enemy in 1 hit if you time it right.

Again, Mallow is replaced by Peach later on because she can heal better...I think she might be able to revive characters too

Bowser has high HP and defense but not much else

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, I guess I will have to swap to Geno later when he is better, I hate that though that you have to swap characters. I like Mario RPG a lot, but I still feel that neither Geno or Mallow should make the game over Megaman or Simon Belmont or Pacman because they just are not as big as those characters. Pacman help found video games and is a classic. Megaman has a long drug out series with many unique characters and a unique world. Simon Belmont also has a long endepth system and would be an interesting character for brawl.

volbound1700

Smash Master
One last question Psycho, and thanks for your posts btw, where is Luigi? LOL. I know it doesn't have him but why? Luigi would be a perfect character in this game. Also wish Yoshi would tag along with you.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo don't love Luigi enough to put him in games. All he got was a **** vacuum to capture ghosts. He is in the Ending Credits though leading a marching band of some sort.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, Luigi's role in the game is to make a cameo in the ending credits

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, Luigi's role in the game is to make a cameo in the ending credits
Wish he had a real role, after all he is Mario's brother and usually goes with Mario on every adventure, or use to until the modern games. I hope Luigi makes Super Mario Galaxy as the playable second player.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Hi, I'm Spoony, and I'm from the GameFAQS smash boards. (I'm missingn087 there)

My god, it's a huge mess out there. Just about the only characters you can suggest that won't get you flamed are Megaman, Black Mage and Dedede. Anyone who thinks that Geno has even a remote chance is flamed and called a fanboy. Because SMRPG is apparently extremely obscure.

Finally, I can say without getting flamed.....GENO FOR BRAWL! :3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wish he had a real role, after all he is Mario's brother and usually goes with Mario on every adventure, or use to until the modern games. I hope Luigi makes Super Mario Galaxy as the playable second player.
Mario RPG takes a lot from Mario Bros 3...so I imagined if they ever made a sequel mario can have fire powers and Luigi could have tanooki/ racoon and such

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nintendo don't love Luigi enough to put him in games. All he got was a **** vacuum to capture ghosts. He is in the Ending Credits though leading a marching band of some sort.
Which makes him infinitely awesome. Marching bands are the best! ^_^

Anyways... what are we talking about Luigi for, again? The lack of him in SMRPG?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't want Geno in myself, but I kind of do now just because of his fanbase and it would be a huge letdown for them. However, I think he is a long shot because of the relationship between Nintendo and that company and because Sakurai is more likely to go after Pacman or Megaman. However, Geno could be a great suprise character, if he makes it, he will probably be a suprise unlockable and not announced anytime soon.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
I was completely neutral (but in favor because I want as many characters as possible for Brawl. Yay variety!) about Geno until I played SMRPG. I fell in love with that game.... my favorite character was Bowser, even though I never used him in battle because of his crappy weapons...>_>

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Hi, I'm Spoony, and I'm from the GameFAQS smash boards. (I'm missingn087 there)

My god, it's a huge mess out there. Just about the only characters you can suggest that won't get you flamed are Megaman, Black Mage and Dedede. Anyone who thinks that Geno has even a remote chance is flamed and called a fanboy. Because SMRPG is apparently extremely obscure.

Finally, I can say without getting flamed.....GENO FOR BRAWL! :3
Good thing you're here then! Almost everyone thinks Geno has a chance! And the people who DON'T think that get flamed to death!:chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gah! We NEED to find something on Geno though...

Megaman is practically confirmed for Brawl and Bomberman has some evidence in the least

Geno is being kept *hush hush*

Bowser was always my favorite Mario character but Geno is my favorite Mario Hero character

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno will never be in this game, because if he wasn't in Melee he won't be in, he had a chance so nope it's not happening also he is not important enough, stop believing it won't happen
Coming from you...

Not worth replying to

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
YAY! :3 *nibblenibble* Thanks much!

I was sad when I had to replace Geno's Double Punch weapon in SMRPG...it had such an awesome animation....And the one for Hand Cannon was annoying...
I didn't like the star shot because it was hard to time hit with it...

The cannon from the elbow is the easiest

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Someone said in the Skull Kid thread that he wasn't gonna make it for reasons already stated there and then this guy said he was gonna do the same to the Geno fans to let hell break loose. because at the SmashBoards the character threads are made only for the people who like those characters, lol!
Way to change the entire context of the argument way out of proportion. In that thread, you couldn't do anything except repeat falso statements with no evidence to back them up

vesperview

Smash Hero
Way to change the entire context of the argument way out of proportion. In that thread, you couldn't do anything except repeat falso statements with no evidence to back them up
I'm not changing any context, you can't back up your statements either and mine had more foundation, at least I was arguing and expressing my point rather than you're stupid "If you don't like him leave this thread" posts lol, if you want to discuss it take it to your beloved Skull Kid thread.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pyscho you won't find anything about Geno because IMO if he is in it, he will be one of those suprise unlockables.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pyscho you won't find anything about Geno because IMO if he is in it, he will be one of those suprise unlockables.
Yeah I realize that...

I bet he'll have some significance in SE though...

It just screams Geno

Snakz

Smash Ace
I know we recently got that news from Square about FF characters, which somewhat related to Geno positively, but has anyone here ever tried sending an e-mail to Square specifically about Geno? I mean they were open enough to say that they wouldn't put any FF character in, im not saying they'll be as open with discussions of Geno, but thats the point...sorta. The point would be that if they dont say anything about Geno inclusion, that would probably hint at either they might still be making the final decision making or that they're trying to keep a secret (which could mean Geno is already in!)

Now of course our worse fears could also come true with this, and Square blatantly says that Geno will not be included, which will make me so utterly depressed, i dont wana imagine that. Of course, them sayingthat i believe will be highly unlikely.

What do you guys think about that?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know we recently got that news from Square about FF characters, which somewhat related to Geno positively, but has anyone here ever tried sending an e-mail to Square specifically about Geno? I mean they were open enough to say that they wouldn't put any FF character in, im not saying they'll be as open with discussions of Geno, but thats the point...sorta. The point would be that if they dont say anything about Geno inclusion, that would probably hint at either they might still be making the final decision making or that they're trying to keep a secret (which could mean Geno is already in!)

Now of course our worse fears could also come true with this, and Square blatantly says that Geno will not be included, which will make me so utterly depressed, i dont wana imagine that. Of course, them sayingthat i believe will be highly unlikely.

What do you guys think about that?
I don't know if anyone has done that...they only found out about the final fantasy characters from an interview by one of Japan nintendo's most trusted magazines...

...I don't know if it's possible to e-mail Square with all that...try PMing McFox though

Top Bottom