• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It still doesn't add up, DK is Donkī Kongu, Star fox is Sutā Fokkusu and Kirby is Kābī, it's still not in alphabetical order, they are not placed that way.
However fox McCloud is Fokkusu which is F...and that's the weird thing about the icon theory...switching between names of characters and franchises...

The other part of it is correct though and that's the part that matters to me

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It still doesn't add up, DK is Donkī Kongu, Star fox is Sutā Fokkusu and Kirby is Kābī, it's still not in alphabetical order, they are not placed that way.
01: Dairantō Smash Brothers (Super Smash Bros.)
02: Donkī Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03: Fokkusu (Star Fox)
04: Hoshi no Kābii/Kābii (Kirby)
05: Kyaputen Farukon (F-Zero)
06: Metoroido (Metroid)
07: ??? (Most likely will be Mother/Earthbound)
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsutā
09: Rinku (Zelda)
10: Sūpā Mario (Super Mario)
11: Yosshī (Yoshi)
12:Faia Emuburemu (Fire Emblem)
13:
14:popo (Aisu Kuraima) (Ice climbers)
15: Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing)
16: Made in Wario (Wario Ware, it's NOT Wario as a whole)
17:Metal Gear (Metal Gear Solid)
18: Parutena no Kagami (Kid Icarus)
19:
20:Sonic
Well ****.

*goes and cries in the corner*

This topic should go back to a character with hope... Geno!

vesperview

Smash Hero
However fox McCloud is Fokkusu which is F...and that's the weird thing about the icon theory...switching between names of characters and franchises...

The other part of it is correct though and that's the part that matters to me
Here is the order:

1. Smash Icon
2. DK
3. Star Fox
4. Kirby
5. F Zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound
8. Pokemon
9. The Legend Of Zelda
10.Super Mario Bros.
11.Yoshi's Island
12.Fire Emblem
13.Unknown
14.Ice Climbers
15.Animal Crossing
16.WarioWare
17.Metal Gear
18.Kid Icarus
19.Unknown
20.Sonic

There aren't any after number 20 which leaves 13 and 19 as possible confirmed franchises, I have no idea how to figure it out though, someone said G&W was 13.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
**** this sucks...

Well it's either going to be Mega Man or Captain Olimar. I can't believe they're both competing. I would think that both of them have a great chance of making it in... I'd put my bet on Captain Olimar, though.

Anyways, shall we get back on topic?

Geno for Brawl...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone think they're going to pull a pick and give Geno a major overhaul or just make him 3D

I still think making him rough (Like crudely constructed) and like Mokujin would be great...

vesperview

Smash Hero
Anyone think they're going to pull a pick and give Geno a major overhaul or just make him 3D

I still think making him rough (Like crudely constructed) and like Mokujin would be great...
There's a picture of Geno in the SWF's Top Ten Brawl Choices thread, which seems to be a pretty good 3D design for him, he would look great that way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There's a picture of Geno in the SWF's Top Ten Brawl Choices thread, which seems to be a pretty good 3D design for him, he would look great that way.
Eh...I don't really like that picture of him much

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it was bigger and full body, there would be no questioning that he is wood, I'd have to see the full pic to give my opinion though.
I realize that, but his face looks too human, and the rest of him probably does as well

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
It's been years, what do you expect him to look like? Heck, he's a doll that hasn't had a major roll in years, specifically 13 years (I think).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the only reason people don't like Geno is because "It's not what the popular kids are doing"...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
They exist to get a rise out of others. They're trolls!

Trust me, I hated Sonic, but I was never a "Sonic hater". I never went in the topic and bashed him. :ohwell: They do it merely because they want to bug others.

Yeah, and honestly I don't understand all of the hype behind Ridley myself. I won't argue against him, but I still don't see how he'd fit in the SSB series. That's just my lack of imagination, though.
Same here, I've only bashed tikaro though =D

Snakz

Smash Ace
I think the only reason people don't like Geno is because "It's not what the popular kids are doing"...

I think people dont like him cause they think he's just a weird version of pinochico, or however you spell it, which he kinda is, but he got awesome powers and a great personality! and if people who dislike him would just take a few minutes to read about him on wikipedia or something, or watch a vid on him on Youtube, i think they MIGHT change their minds...alas, people can soooo ignorant...

Oh and Andrew 14j, about the whole haters thing, i totally agree, i dislike a few a characters (and i mean VERY few characters) but im not about to bash them everywhere i go

No offense, but the only characters i really dislike are Sora and Cloud, and i see Sora in your sig, so please dont kill me :)

Sinn

Smash Lord
Nah. I don't have much faith in the Game FAQs community. We all know that Geno is going to be the most awesome player character ever.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Those posters are ignorant...ones in that link in previous post...

Anyways how does Geno's B up work? I mean if he has a third jump.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
I say, lets give Geno seven jumps like kirby!

... what do you mean iI need a reason? he's Geno!

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
I think people dont like him cause they think he's just a weird version of pinochico, or however you spell it, which he kinda is, but he got awesome powers and a great personality! and if people who dislike him would just take a few minutes to read about him on wikipedia or something, or watch a vid on him on Youtube, i think they MIGHT change their minds...alas, people can soooo ignorant...

Oh and Andrew 14j, about the whole haters thing, i totally agree, i dislike a few a characters (and i mean VERY few characters) but im not about to bash them everywhere i go

No offense, but the only characters i really dislike are Sora and Cloud, and i see Sora in your sig, so please dont kill me :)
What's wrong with Pinochio, if pinochio got magical powers and maybe wasn't a child, he would be a badass

Like geno

Edit: I think his up + b should pretty much show all the red arrows going up, and he just rockets upward. The effect should be like G&W

Talendime

Smash Ace
What's wrong with Pinochio, if pinochio got magical powers and maybe wasn't a child, he would be a badass

Like geno

Edit: I think his up + b should pretty much show all the red arrows going up, and he just rockets upward. The effect should be like G&W

I'd rather his upB be Geno Flash; he becomes a cannon and shoots himself upward out of it as a red ball of fire that expands as it dissipates and reveals him in his regular form again, then the cannon just disappears.

Good distance AND damage.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Geno Flash be his Final Smash. That would just be awesome. <3

Burning Soul, I love your signature. I want a cool Geno siggy too! ;_; *envies*

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I doubt they'd use anything other than Flash for his FS - what other chance does Geno have to turn into a cannon?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Talendime

Smash Ace
Yeah, It may be stronger, but Geno Blast is a lot more.. Magnificent.

Geno Flash is just sort of a liquid explosion-type thing.

And Shadowbolt- read 6 posts before this one to answer your question.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, It may be stronger, but Geno Blast is a lot more.. Magnificent.

Geno Flash is just sort of a liquid explosion-type thing.

And Shadowbolt- read 6 posts before this one to answer your question.

But it expands with a massive explosion...Changing it to be weak without the sun thing would not be true to the attack

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ok, I am actually going through Super Mario RPG right now, I am at the part where I fight Booster for Peach and ever since Bowser joined the Party, Geno has gotten the boot. He seems weak and it came down to him or Mallow and Mallow has the HP Rain move and other magic that comes in handy so I keep Mallow. Why do people like Geno so much?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, I am actually going through Super Mario RPG right now, I am at the part where I fight Booster for Peach and ever since Bowser joined the Party, Geno has gotten the boot. He seems weak and it came down to him or Mallow and Mallow has the HP Rain move and other magic that comes in handy so I keep Mallow. Why do people like Geno so much?
You must be doing something wrong because Geno is the most powerful at dealing damage aside from Mario and Mallow's heal moves are worthless once you get Peach...

Bowser's attack is weaker but he has good defense

Top Bottom