• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Snakz

Smash Ace
The main reason why I said that in the first place was, tell me what evidence Sakurai provided that Gardevoir was a pokeball, it does look very similar to the SMRPG item, but we'll have to wait and see if it turns out :/

Personally I hope it is, that would be Geno fans would finally be able to rejoice. It's only to bad that I didn't really like SMRPG that much :/

-Knight
Well, ya dont have to love SMRPG to love Geno :)

Of course i do, but the more supporters the better

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well I have just tested out your theory let us see if it works http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120075&page=3 also what do you guys think his intro will be. Just the doll being possesed?
The following is from the OMG TONIGHT thread:

Shiek has to be the next returning vet is she is playable...

C'mon Geno for newcomer though!

Come on to the Geno thread and she evidence that Mario RPG is at least being repped in Brawl! I just know Geno's making it now!
Geno in Brawl? Don't make me sick.

That would be a ridiculous waste of character potential.
And they were back to back too. Ta-da! The theory holds true!

Snakz

Smash Ace
There's still an unnamed item seen in the demo.

Here's the video it's seen in: http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/previews/139928.shtml

A white cube with dark edges, which is doesn't break when thrown. It's not a container either, seeing as it came out of a capsule.

Any chances this is from SMRPG?
Hmmm, you sure it's not a container? let me take another quick look

...yea, i dont know what the hell that is, unless it is a container that glitched and didn't break on throwing it, then i dont have a clue, i especially dont recognize it from SMRPG, but maybe im just not that smart about SMRPG items

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno haters exist because they're were born after 1988 or aren't old enough to remember how far in the game they got and Booster's tower isn't even half way!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Geno haters exist because they're were born after 1988 or aren't old enough to remember how far in the game they got and Booster's tower isn't even half way!
Actually i was born early 1989, and im a Geno lover :grin:

I got SMRPG pretty soon after it came out and i absolutely loved it, ive been playing it again recently, it's still a lot of fun

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I was born in 1983 (I feel old xD ) and I'm a Geno lover too! ^^

Even though I've played SMRPG who knows how many times, I don't recognize that item. I remember the mushrooms and flowers and bombs rock candies but not anything like that. Sorry. =(

That bomb that was posted several posts back DOES look like the Fire Bomb from SMRPG. O_O To me, it looks a little too simple to be a Starfox bomb, but that's just my opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
AH good....I'm not the oldest one here....

...Yeah, we figured out it was the starfox Bomb...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Yay everyone is saying what year they were born 1986 ;)

I think SMRPG is greatest game of all time with the inclusion of geno is brawl the franchise might get a huge rise in popularity and maybe theyll start working on a true sequal. Heck the game doesnt even have to focus on mario he can just be a side character. i think personally theres alot more story to be told on geno enough to make a whole new game....

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I was thinkin what the sequal could be.... The game starts off as geno in his true form (i dont think the doll form would be there but maybe later in the story....) Anyways we find out that smithy wasnt the guy behind everything and theresome one even bigger than him.... An attack happens on star road and then thats when the game begins...

Geno would be able to possess different inanimte object and make them come to life.... Once the new attacts happen on star road he contacts mario and and mallow (the king or prince(i dont remember) of nimbus), anyways thats how the game begins this time around there are allot more characters that join in the fight against evil possibly including bowser and jinx(that guy from monstro town)

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Looks like I'm the oldest thus far. xD But I don't mind. =P

I would love to see a sequel to SMRPG. I've always thought that if one was created it would be more focused on Geno so that we can learn more about his story and the Star Road and such. And it would be a lot harder and more detailed than SMRPG.

Heck, isn't Geno the main character of SMRPG, in a way? I mean, he's the one directly involved with the main plot. Mario just so happened to be at the right place at the right time and is there to help Geno find the missing Star Pieces.

And as a side note, if Mallow was to have his own game I always pictured it being like a puzzle game or something. xD

Shuma

Smash Hero
You are all too old, 1990 and i like Geno as long he doesn't take MM's spot.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
isnt the people that worked on smrpg like the same people that worked on mari & luigi superstar saga, anyways they should get together with sqaurenix and make a sequal possibly for the ds or sumthing

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I think that some of the people who did work on Superstar Saga also worked on SMRPG. I do know that Paper Mario was originally going to be Super Mario RPG 2 but that never happened because of a falling out.

I don't care what system it would be for (the DS or the Wii); I just want to see a sequel for SMRPG. I also wish that a release date for SMRPG on the VC would be released soon.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I know that SMRPG was made by Square but I had heard elsewhere about some of the people also worked on Superstar Saga. Must have been a rumor, I guess. =/

Geno for Brawl! <3

Snakz

Smash Ace
I was thinkin what the sequal could be.... The game starts off as geno in his true form (i dont think the doll form would be there but maybe later in the story....) Anyways we find out that smithy wasnt the guy behind everything and theresome one even bigger than him.... An attack happens on star road and then thats when the game begins...

Geno would be able to possess different inanimte object and make them come to life.... Once the new attacts happen on star road he contacts mario and and mallow (the king or prince(i dont remember) of nimbus), anyways thats how the game begins this time around there are allot more characters that join in the fight against evil possibly including bowser and jinx(that guy from monstro town)
Hmm, the possessing of other bodies sounds a lot like Space Station Silicon Valley, which i loved by the way, a little glitchy, but awesome

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they made a sequel to Mario RPG...

I have no idea what how they would make it but it would probably have to do with the Star Road...

Wouldn't it cut too much into the Mario RPG's or whatever though?

Mallow would probably be a cameo at best in it though I bet...Probably we'd get new characters made up or something...I think it'd have to do more with the Nintendo and Mario worlds than the first though

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
Yes I am the youngest 1991 :). Thry changed the name of SMRPG 2 into Paper mario someone posted boxart earlier but I could not find it. And no it is not the same people who worked on superstar saga SMRPG was made by Square
think again, 1994! yes i may be young but i dont get pissed off and stop playing if im losing like some other kids, but ages aside i think that having the option of using the D-pad would be great however i think that speeking online should be left to wi-fi frends only.

Snakz

Smash Ace

I have no idea what how they would make it but it would probably have to do with the Star Road...

Mallow would probably be a cameo at best in it though I bet...Probably we'd get new characters made up or something...I think it'd have to do more with the Nintendo and Mario worlds than the first though
Actually, i have an awesome story idea for the continuation of the SMRPG series, though it needs a little revising cause it sounds too similar to the basic Evangelion story line to me, when ever i decide to revise it (i'd like to, i get writers block every time i try), ill share it

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Yes I am the youngest 1991 :). Thry changed the name of SMRPG 2 into Paper mario someone posted boxart earlier but I could not find it. And no it is not the same people who worked on superstar saga SMRPG was made by Square
91' of December. You?

Sinn

Smash Lord

Mallow could probably be king by then, with a bigger character design to match the other Nimbus people. He might even be able to be kinda cool for once.

I just say they give Geno his own spin-off RPG series...but that's just me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Geno as an unlockable character in

The New Super Mario Bros. 2

(PLay on how the New Super Mario Bros was like the original Mario Bros style)

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Geno has his own right, even though he is a fairly "old" character...He is beloved by fans and still has not been in any other Games darn it, only thing is I guess they wanted to end his character (note: credits/parade ect after beating Smithy)... still I wish he could get into the games more...

Talendime

Smash Ace
Well, Desruprot, in trying to brighten your day...

If you really think about it, Geno always was, and still is in every Mario game made since then. You just can't see him.
Technically, he is a star, therefore he's been featured in every single Mario game that's come out.
You may not see him the way you used to, but if you truly believe in your heart, you will be able to feel his warm presence close to you.

No I'm not serious.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...THey have no excuse NOT to include Geno with this whole delay...

Sinn

Smash Lord
Aside from that I really doubt that they're adding characters in the time that the delay is taking up...I mean, it's possible, but I think it's probably more a matter of getting all the bugs out and making every feature work how they want it to.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Aside from that I really doubt that they're adding characters in the time that the delay is taking up...I mean, it's possible, but I think it's probably more a matter of getting all the bugs out and making every feature work how they want it to.
Of course...They would have added the characters in Alpha...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Indeed he does, but they're constantly being assaulted by trolls and haters, to the point where they're continuously at risk of being snuffed out. They're THAT persistent.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Indeed he does, but they're constantly being assaulted by trolls and haters, to the point where they're continuously at risk of being snuffed out. They're THAT persistent.
****, I think Sakurai has checked out that forum before too...

...One of the English forums he's checked out before...

Hong

The Strongest
I don't know why character haters exist. I'm not against people disliking a character, but sometimes people like to be excessively destructive and attack people who support them like it's a blood fued. People just need to grow up. D:

Top Bottom