• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True, but how would that move send him upwards?
It's suppose to be a play on words...They could make the animation with the raising arrows, but pushing Geno up...Maybe not giving him a stat bonus thing...maybe

Maybe it could be a short recovery move that also temp raises his stats or something...He could glow with a red aura while it's activated for a very short time...

Desruprot

Smash Lord
No Up B move is ever able to be spammed, it could be one once with an instance of many times, besides the boost could just use his rock hands or something, similar to marios water jump in SMS

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
No, I'm saying that people are constantly going to be using that move, just to get stronger.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I see nothing wrong with a character with one special that increases their stats and another that heals them. I think it could be perfectly balanced.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
His B up he should glow for like 30 seconds and be stronger and thats how his Boost works

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I've figured out a unique way to make Geno Beam and Geno Boost...

Now need to work on Geno Whirl...and Geno Blast (Or whatever it's called)

Geno has a moveset that pretty much writes itself, I think giving him boost of strength is unfair to the other characters.
Not if it's like a couple seconds and making it not that powerful...or making him have a low strength

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
15 seconds? And he has to be on the ground in order to do it.
Well, I don't think the average life per stock lasts that long...I was thinking 5-10 seconds plus he can do it in air...

10 might be too long

Enigma14

Smash Champion
20 seconds is reasonable on the ground with no spamming!

At least 2 attacks with his boost!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It would work if they did it like Ness's energy shield.
I don't think that would work as an up B...Plus absorbing damage to increase stats?

Anyway, for Geno Whirl...All I can say is REALLY fast and strong...Maybe timed hits for more damage...Yeah, I bet they could do that too...but at the expense of being vulnerable while doing it...But since it's fast, that wouldn't matter

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't think that would work as an up B...Plus absorbing damage to increase stats?

Anyway, for Geno Whirl...All I can say is REALLY fast and strong...Maybe timed hits for more damage...Yeah, I bet they could do that too...but at the expense of being vulnerable while doing it...But since it's fast, that wouldn't matter
Sounds fair. But how much damage for whirl?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's WAY too much damage - maybe just double the normal output?
That's what I said...200% IS double...

150% is 1.5 x

I don't know what the actual damage would be but time would double it (200%)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well, i figured Geno Boost would work like McFox's description of his moves (along with the flash movie of it)

As for the Geno Whirl, if you got it at JUST the right time....i'd say no more than 30% damage, preferably 20-25%. Cause you know people who main Geno (us included) will try to master the timing of it to work every time so it cant be too over powering otherwise he'd be pretty broken

Although making Geno a god tier character like that wouldn't be a problem with me, means more recognition for him :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, i figured Geno Boost would work like McFox's description of his moves (along with the flash movie of it)

As for the Geno Whirl, if you got it at JUST the right time....i'd say no more than 30% damage, preferably 20-25%. Cause you know people who main Geno (us included) will try to master the timing of it to work every time so it cant be too over powering otherwise he'd be pretty broken

Although making Geno a god tier character like that wouldn't be a problem with me, means more recognition for him :grin:

I'm just trying to add uniqueness to him with Geno Boost giving only slight recovery and raising his stats

Geno Boost dealing 15% (30 on timed) seems good, and that is 200% and not too high

Enigma14

Smash Champion

YEah and when we go online and smite the haters we can say...

To qoute Kayne West: "take this, haters"

Snakz

Smash Ace
I'm just trying to add uniqueness to him with Geno Boost giving only slight recovery and raising his stats

Geno Boost dealing 15% (30 on timed) seems good, and that is 200% and not too high
Oh yea, totally, that slight increase in stats is an awesome idea, and true to SMRPG, i just dont see how it'd work without people using too much, i know you said you probably wouldnt be able to use it over and over to keep building up power, but still, as soon as the powerup is done, people would just use it again...maybe if you could only do it once per battle and every other time afterward it's purely a recovery move

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Oh yea, totally, that slight increase in stats is an awesome idea, and true to SMRPG, i just dont see how it'd work without people using too much, i know you said you probably wouldnt be able to use it over and over to keep building up power, but still, as soon as the powerup is done, people would just use it again...maybe if you could only do it once per battle and every other time afterward it's purely a recovery move
can only use it once a battle?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd have to be balanced by leaving him completely open for attack, then he could keep doing it over and over

Snakz

Smash Ace
I'd have to be balanced by leaving him completely open for attack, then he could keep doing it over and over
Wait, you mean while the slight stat raise is taking place? if that is what you mean, then i guess it could work like that, it should go one step ahead and make it so if you get attack during that small period, the raise in stats stops, like the transformation from Zelda to Sheik

EDIT: sorry bout double

Sinn

Smash Lord
What if the Whirl was a One Hit KO? There are moves already that do that...all of them are hard to time because they are so slow to charge...what if Geno's was so hard to time because it was so fast? Like...better timing even than a super shield reflect...short of that, they COULD make it randomly OHKO...like every 1% of the time.

Top Bottom