• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
WE discussed who would voice him already...forgot who it was but it in the early 200 pages

Sinn

Smash Lord
I dunno if I was here at the time, though I do recall some people saying the guy from the Rawest Forest song who did him might be ok...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I dunno if I was here at the time, though I do recall some people saying the guy from the Rawest Forest song who did him might be ok...
Yeah they said something like that...

Know how Mario visited Star Road/Heaven in Paper Mario? What if from a distance Geno was there?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think his eyes should be solid, as they are basically just painted on

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He should have knees and elbows...
Now I disagree with that...

I think he should look more crude, with hinges and stuff...whatever they are called...

Like that wood guy in tekken, though he may have elbows and stuff...just trying to find an example

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Now I disagree with that...

I think he should look more crude, with hinges and stuff...whatever they are called...

Like that wood guy in tekken, though he may have elbows and stuff...just trying to find an example
Mokijon. something like that. But with elbows he can expose his other cannon, the A attack where he shoots a ball out of his elbow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
HOw could our beloved possessed doll fall back to page 3?

...No news on Geno is murder...

We need something...

...I mean, even the Bomberman supporters have found at least something...

Snakz

Smash Ace
It seems to me like characters hopefuls are getting shot down left and right more than ever with these playable Brawl videos, i feel your pain to any of those who lost their hopefuls (R.I.P. Deoxys). Now i'd hate to say it, but most of them were pretty likely to get shot down, but still, it's not fun when they get deconfirmed

The fact that Geno keeps dodging bullets is a good sign, and ive come to realize that next to Sakurai's poll, the fact the SMRPG is coming to the VC is the biggest support that Geno will be in Brawl. I know that news has been around for a while, but it never really occurred to me what that meant until not too long ago. Have faith fellow Geno supporters!

By the way PsychoIncarnate, Geno pushed back to page 3? what's that all about

Oh, and just a little update on the model, school has really got me in a strangle hold, not to mention i havent been able to work on the texturing myself since i realized i dont have photoshop :embarrass, so until i get an offer by someone handy in photoshop to take up the task or i i take the time to get the program myself, the Geno model wont be done for a while :(

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been spoken of yet, but when you look back to sakurai's melee poll, a lot of the random popular characters on there made it (I.E. Marth, he was near the top on there) That, plus Snakz's thoughts on geno dodging bullets should really put us into an optimistic mood here. Also, that with geno being counted as 1st party on the brawl poll, should leave us no choice but to assume that geno WILL be in brawl. Any thoughts?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
With all of the characters being revealed as ATs as of late, I'm glad to see Geno hasn't popped up as one of them. Unfortunately, though, this could very well just be because Sakurai felt the need to keep him out of the demo due to surprise purposes.

Though, I suppose we shouldn't worry much about the AT thing - as it's been gone over and over in the past, if Geno's in the game, it's as a playable character.

As for his joints and whatnot, I certainly HOPE that he has them in Brawl - that's sort of a necessary thing to add - without them, he'd never be able to move properly.

I have to wonder, which version of Geno would Sakurai stay more truthful to? His game sprites? His game artwork? His Superstar Saga cameo?

Personally, I'm hoping he gets his game sprite appearance. It's not as bulky as his artwork, not as... 'off'-looking as the cameo appearance, and far away enough so that Sakurai could take even more artistic freedom.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
With all of the characters being revealed as ATs as of late, I'm glad to see Geno hasn't popped up as one of them. Unfortunately, though, this could very well just be because Sakurai felt the need to keep him out of the demo due to surprise purposes.

Though, I suppose we shouldn't worry much about the AT thing - as it's been gone over and over in the past, if Geno's in the game, it's as a playable character.

As for his joints and whatnot, I certainly HOPE that he has them in Brawl - that's sort of a necessary thing to add - without them, he'd never be able to move properly.

Which is y i prefer him with kneecaps and elbows

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Seriously, part of me will be soul-shatteringly shocked beyond belief. Ooooohhh, the hate mail that would flow from my fingers... >_<

Enigma14

Smash Champion
If Geno isn't in, I wouldn't be surprised.

Only hopeful I would be surprised about would be Mikaya and Game and Watch

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they're waiting for Sakurai to announce Geno's confirmation that he's in and playable to announce the release date of SMRPG to the VC? Just a thought. ^^

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Hey, with this delay, we may get more characters than just starters - hopefully we'll know Geno's in even before release, and this madness can finally come to an end.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Do you honestly believe that Snake and Sonic are starters?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
3rd-party characters excluded, of course. Sakurai already said that they'll be unlockables.

Which leads to the question - if Geno's in, will he be revealed before release?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
More than likely he will be if he's in. Sakurai said that he wanted to be the first to give out the full roster.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I don't recall if I said this before, but I think Geno's B moveset is rather obvious...

B: Geno Beam
B>: Geno Whirl
B^: Geno Boost
Bv: Geno Blast
FS: Geno Flash

Snakz

Smash Ace
I don't recall if I said this before, but I think Geno's B moveset is rather obvious...

B: Geno Beam
B>: Geno Whirl
B^: Geno Boost
Bv: Geno Blast
FS: Geno Flash
Yea, that is the most obvious moveset, i remember me and Gindor had an argument a while back in this thread over what the up B should called, he insisted on calling it something other than Geno boost

Speaking of which, where is Gindor anyway?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
... Wait. I think I might have realized why they might want to rename Geno Boost for his B^. It never really rose him into the air in SMRPG, did it?

Perhaps a move similarly-styled to Boost, which doesn't power him up, but rockets him into the air? Red arrows swirling around him as he moves, made up of tiny, twinkling red stars. Geno Ascension perhaps?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
... Wait. I think I might have realized why they might want to rename Geno Boost for his B^. It never really rose him into the air in SMRPG, did it?

Perhaps a move similarly-styled to Boost, which doesn't power him up, but rockets him into the air? Red arrows swirling around him as he moves, made up of tiny, twinkling red stars. Geno Ascension perhaps?
Naw, Geno Boost just sounds better...It's more true to the game too

Top Bottom