• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Don't worry about the credits thing, it was brought up in the Megaman thread a while ago and they aren't worried...

...It's probably to not reveal spoilers...
Exactly. That Sakurai, man - he's thought of EVERYTHING to keep any secrets from slipping out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Axem Rangers would work great as an AT as well as a boss....

They summon their zord and fire breaker beam onto the stage!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Yea i wouldn't worry about the credits thing, just another measure taken to conceal hints at characters, im sure if Sonic hadn't been revealed this week, they wouldn't have put his company's credits up either, otherwise everyone would've been all over that

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heh, I just thought of what Geno would look like in Smash, chargin up Geno Beam...

Dang, if only I could draw that...

I think they are going to give him a really realistic wood look

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit worried...

Not that Geno doesn't have a 95% chance of making it, but if you look on the character roster on the official website, it shows 12 veteran smashers and 10 newcomers. It looks like there's only enough room for two more newcomers... and we know one of those spots is reserved for Megaman...

If I were to make a guess, I'd say it all comes down to Geno and Dedede. In the popular race, Dedede would win, but all originality and Sakurai approval points go to Geno...

Crap. I like Dedede, but if he replaces Geno in Brawl, I be Shoop da Whoopin' him to kingdom come.

And, I finally figured out how to draw and color junk in Photoshop. This is the result of slacking off in science and 12 hours of free time:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/dogdigger/introcopy.jpg

For that big ol' blank chunk of space at the bottom... anybody have a good idea for a Geno-centric comic title?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm a bit worried...

Not that Geno doesn't have a 95% chance of making it, but if you look on the character roster on the official website, it shows 12 veteran smashers and 10 newcomers. It looks like there's only enough room for two more newcomers... and we know one of those spots is reserved for Megaman...

If I were to make a guess, I'd say it all comes down to Geno and Dedede. In the popular race, Dedede would win, but all originality and Sakurai approval points go to Geno...

Crap. I like Dedede, but if he replaces Geno in Brawl, I be Shoop da Whoopin' him to kingdom come.

And, I finally figured out how to draw and color junk in Photoshop. This is the result of slacking off in science and 12 hours of free time:

For that big ol' blank chunk of space at the bottom... anybody have a good idea for a Geno-centric comic title?

DOn't worry, I predict at least 6 more newcomers...Maybe and in the least 4 more veterens (Probably more)...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
You're worried that's all of the newcomers? Out of the whole game??? Holy poop, dude - don't even joke about that.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Why Megaman? HE GETS HIS POWERS AFTER HE DEFEATS A OPPONENT

I can see Bomberman in...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had an awesome idea about Geno Beam...what instead of shooting straight, you charged it up and how long you charge it determines the amount of time it shoots, and it shoots like a laser with constant damage that drills into the opponent...BUT you can control the direction it first like and move it up and down like a sweeping AOE type laser! Of course Geno couldn't move while it was shooting...

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that I'm wrong, and there's at least ten more players... there's too many crappy candidates to make me doubt Geno's inclusion if we see at least 3 more newcomers.

And I can only hope that Bomberman's in Brawl. He's my number 2.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I really hope that I'm wrong, and there's at least ten more players... there's too many crappy candidates to make me doubt Geno's inclusion if we see at least 3 more newcomers.

And I can only hope that Bomberman's in Brawl. He's my number 2.
hehehehe and Claus is mine. I don't want Megaman in cause Kirby can do it better and without having to defeat an opponent.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Heh, I just thought of what Geno would look like in Smash, chargin up Geno Beam...

Dang, if only I could draw that...

I think they are going to give him a really realistic wood look
Now that you mention it, I wonder how they would handle handle giving Geno a Brawl design... He wasn't 2D, so they can't take as much design freedom - yet, his body form wouldn't allow for fluid movement in 3D (if you notice, he has no joints in his legs, and his boots have no heels). And what of his mouth? How would they have that work? From the back of his head like a nutcracker? And his arms; would they have triggers to his weapons from his original toy form? What about wear-and-tear, both from battle, and from playtime with Gaz? A shoddy and/or worn paint job on his eyes? Torn cloth in his clothing? The design of his makeshift hair? And a note about his torso - he has a chest area, but his abdomen and groin are one piece - that would hardly work in turning in the midst of combat.

I'm ESPECIALLY curious how he'd handle the shape of his hat. From behind it has a sort of Link appearance, yet from the front it has some kind of honeycomb shape.

And what about artistic freedom? Would they actually ADD ON anything? Like what?

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Heck yeah- I'd rather not have Megaman in Brawl, but that's just me.

If Luigi came back though... Luigi/Geno team up = uber death for haters.

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
Ok so let me get this straight... your worried that we are only getting 2 more characters O_O ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND. That would make only 24 characters (if i counted correctly) when Sakurai said he thought they would have around 40 of them. Wow man and I thought I was pessemistic. Don't even think Geno won't mak4 it either it is guaranteed.

By the way how do you guys like my new sig.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I'm a genius when it comes to predictions. [/sarcasm]

Geno's looks...

I can only vaguely fathom what he would look like in Brawl: Mario's size (more or less), longer cape, broader shoulders, more human-like joints... the possibilities are endless. Just thinking about seeing Geno in Brawl form... O.o

It's a good sig, Loooooni. Fox and Geno will pwn the masses.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sorry, I'm a genius when it comes to predictions. [/sarcasm]

Geno's looks...

I can only vaguely fathom what he would look like in Brawl: Mario's size (more or less), longer cape, broader shoulders, more human-like joints... the possibilities are endless. Just thinking about seeing Geno in Brawl form... O.o

It's a good sig, Loooooni. Fox and Geno will pwn the masses.
I imagine him being more like an ancient, wooden puppet...built more rough, and not too human like

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bleh, I still think he would look better if they made him a little crudely built to make it look more realistic and it would add character depth to him...

BTW, any opinion on my Geno Beam idea?

I had an awesome idea about Geno Beam...what instead of shooting straight, you charged it up and how long you charge it determines the amount of time it shoots, and it shoots like a laser with constant damage that drills into the opponent...BUT you can control the direction it first like and move it up and down like a sweeping AOE type laser! Of course Geno couldn't move while it was shooting...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Doll should have holes at the top of his fingers...or at least should show the detail to make them go out like his elbow

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I have to ask - about Geno's hair. How do you imagine it? Is it wood shavings? Is it scraps of cloth? Is it curled yarn?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to ask - about Geno's hair. How do you imagine it? Is it wood shavings? Is it scraps of cloth? Is it curled yarn?
It can't be yarn, they don't make yarn that thick...

...My guess was wood shavings

stupid trolls.

but yeah on the credits thing, of course Capcom or Square arent creditted yet. Its still a SECRET. We never saw SEGA at the bottom of the DOJO till Sonic appeared anyway....

Quote from the Megaman page...

If they JUST gave credit to SEGA on the Dojo site after reveiling Sonic, they could do the same for ANY character...It's just to not reveal spoilers

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
No no no - I mean why do you see it as wood shavings? I mean, if it's supposed to be hair, why would it be one of the LEAST hair-like things?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No no no - I mean why do you see it as wood shavings? I mean, if it's supposed to be hair, why would it be one of the LEAST hair-like things?
It's curled, it's flat, it's broad...I've done a lot of wood work before...

To me, when that question first came up, the only thing it reminded me of WAS wood shavings...

Besides, Geno's hair doesn't really look like hair anyway

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman

That just looks awesome. O___O

PsychoIncarnate, your Geno Bean idea sounds awesome! Would he be vulnerable though as he's charging up the Geno Beam? =/

I always thought Geno's hair was just doll hair that you can buy at a craft store. But now that it's been mentioned, I can see how it can be wood shavings. Has anyone noticed if his curls bounce around as he's walking?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It can't be yarn, they don't make yarn that thick...

...My guess was wood shavings

Quote from the Megaman page...

If they JUST gave credit to SEGA on the Dojo site after reveiling Sonic, they could do the same for ANY character...It's just to not reveal spoilers
He's probably bald! XD Or it's just one piece of wood shaving, and the only.

As for the Sonic SEGA deal...WIN! (for Psycho and BlueBomber) Show me how that DISPROVES GENO (or any potential third party character for that matter) in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM!

Anyways, Geno (as a Mario rep...with a side of Square Enix rep, while Megaman takes the last official 3rd party spot) for the dark horse character for Brawl! :)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Most likely another vet.

And as I posted on the previous page...Geno is bald, look at his sprite.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Bald men get all the ladies. Especially since Geno's also black. And...carries guns...

Hm. I wonder if that would effect who they pick to voice him...

Top Bottom