• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Yeah, I agree. Geno is a representative of the Mario universe. Therefore, in theory, he should have the 'Mushroom' icon.

That's a pretty interesting list, but Darkfur is right. Rockman could fit that spot as well, but I'm going to wager that the open spot is Pikmin (or Joy Mech Fight, or Mach Rider, or 'Insert Nintendo Franchise Here') and, IF Megaman is included, Megaman's icon would come after Sonic's.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I don't think that if Geno were included, that he'd get this kind of update, with a "Geno enters the Brawl" video update or whatever. I think that if he's in, and we receive an update about it before release, that it'll just be a regular update.

But we Geno supporters aren't that lucky, are we? No, if Geno's in, he's going to be unlocked - this, I promise you.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
If he does get a video, then it'd be from Super Mario RPG, obviously. Which wouldn't be that hard.

Still, don't give up hope. We should see our cloaked friend soon enough.

Ahh... I can't fit Sonic, Mario, and Geno in my sig!!

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Hopefully Sonic didnt hurt other 3rd party characters chances. Geno will most likely still be in tho.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno will come, I can almost sense it...He's just waiting for the right time...

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Geno is one of the few characters i really want in brawl i\'ve been happy with whats been revealed but i\'ve Geno did get into Brawl i think i\'d get a bit of a chubby so i really hope he does end up in brawl. I know he was one of the more voated for characters so i think he\'ll get in.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Geno will come, I can almost sense it...He's just waiting for the right time...
I don't know, dude - call me pessimistic, but something tells me Sakurai is going to **** us over on this whole deal. As likely as Geno seems, do you not get the feeling that he seems TOO likely? Too good to be true; know what I mean?

If Geno's in, he's an unlock - even more waiting until potential disappointment. =_=

What do we do if Geno doesn't get in? Is that more or less the end of the possibilities of a SMRPG revival?

I had a thought recently - with all of Square-Enix's *******-ness, what if they decided to cash-in on this Geno support, by completely re-writing the character, giving him his own series? What if they dropped the original SMRPG story, took all of its characters, and made it into an original franchise? That way, they'd be able to use the characters, and they'd be able to make a profit off of it without any say from Nintendo. Would you be alright with that?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Square doesn't care that much for Geno, but probably knew of his want in Brawl and probably let Nintendo use him for Brawl...Maybe for some money or something...Wish nintendo would just BUY Geno already so they didn't have to deal with all this...

I think Mario & Luigi whateverthehell was a sign...Especially since that game apparently had something to do with Smash or something...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Well, they should think of the **** fans. >__>;;
They SHOULD, but when it comes to Square-Enix, they tend to **** things up a LOT for SMRPG fans. If you wanted something from Final Fantasy VII, then they'd be all over it - but SMRPG? NOOOOooooooOOoooo. >_<

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They SHOULD, but when it comes to Square-Enix, they tend to **** things up a LOT for SMRPG fans. If you wanted something from Final Fantasy VII, then they'd be all over it - but SMRPG? NOOOOooooooOOoooo. >_<
Sakurai will make it happen...The poll shows he already has taken interest with the character...

I wonder how many more newcomers there will be though...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Dude. Still Square-Enix.

Mario Hoops?
Ikadaki Street?

Square doesn't give a flying ****, DESPITE knowing full-well how much people want more SMRPG.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dude. Still Square-Enix.

Mario Hoops?
Ikadaki Street?

Square doesn't give a flying ****, DESPITE knowing full-well how much people want more SMRPG.
However, Sakurai is the one that matters what his opinion of the character is since he's the one making the game...

D

Deleted member

Psycho is correct. When it comes down to Brawl, Sakurai is a God and he can/will make it happen.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Unless Square refuses to answer, or make ridiculous demands.

Sakurai: Can we use Geno?
Square: Nope. Cloud.
Sakurai: Well **** you then.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unless Square refuses to answer, or make ridiculous demands.

Sakurai: Can we use Geno?
Square: Nope. Cloud.
Sakurai: Well **** you then.
That's basically what he'd say, most likely...

But I doubt Square would say no to Geno...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Guess no one missed me or apperciated the comic...any ideas for the third chapter of the Quest...starring Chrono, Ness and Cierra?

Also if Sonic took the last slot does that mean that Sakurai couldn't guarente the 1-3 3th parties other then Snake?

=(

I killed the thread.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno could get in as a MARIO character, he doesn't have to be a Square rep...I doubt Square is getting ANY rep...

For the last 3rd party it's most likely going to be Megaman OR Bomberman...

Haters need to realize that Geno wouldn't be a representative of Square...

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I know that if Geno doesn't make it into Brawl or is an AT I'll cry and never look at Brawl the same way again. I probably won't even be able to turn the game on without a lump forming in my throat and wonder what could have happened if Geno was playable.

Geno has to get in. He just has to. If and when he does get in he'll represent the Mario universe, not Square Enix's.

Seriously, Nintendo needs to buy the rights to Geno. Heck, buy the rights to SMRPG so they can make a direct sequel.

I'm staying strong until the very end. Geno WILL get in; I have faith.

Geno for Brawl <3

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
But what if Square, in their greed, refuses to fork Geno over? What if they only agree to do so if they add Cloud, and Sakurai doesn't feel like dealing with their bull**** like the rest of us are constantly forced to?

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
If they were to do something as sick as refusing to fork Geno over I will boycott Square-Enix until something positive is done with Geno, whether a SMRPG sequel is created or they sell the rights to Nintendo or something like that. I'll go as far as selling all of my Square-Enix/Final Fantasy merchandise because I will be that disgusted.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heh, someone against Geno said he's not getting in because he's owned by SONY and they are in competition with Nintendo...My god, they really have no idea what they are talking about...do they?

The sad thing is this isn't the first time I heard a hater say that

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
It's not Sony I'm worried about. =_=

Square-Enix is infested with money-grubbing *******s. Fact.

Sakurai knows people are clamoring for Geno - if Square still owns him and he doesn't get in, we'll know who's to blame.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not Sony I'm worried about. =_=

Square-Enix is infested with money-grubbing *******s. Fact.

Sakurai knows people are clamoring for Geno - if Square still owns him and he doesn't get in, we'll know who's to blame.
Well, they already have Square's musicians working with them...

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
oh god! its the decline of video games all over again! lol

any way it looks like some of the companys (like square and sega) are favoring the big N over other consoles (like ps3) (a possible atempt to strip microsoft of thare gameing pride? btw microsoft shold thank bungie for the free ride. lol) so im sure thayd let them use geno.

D

Deleted member

You keep asking "What If" questions, ShadowBolt. "What If"'s are stupid. If you don't have anything else than "What If" questions than shut the **** up because you are wasting Psycho's, Oshiro and my time.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
They're not Square's musicians. >_>

Oh, and Foz, like this board is all about you? Don't give me that self-centered ****, dude.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They're not Square's musicians. >_>

Oh, and Foz, like this board is all about you? Don't give me that self-centered ****, dude.
I mean they have some musicians that work for Square on the project including the person who made music for a number of games including Mario RPG...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
But what if Square, in their greed, refuses to fork Geno over? What if they only agree to do so if they add Cloud, and Sakurai doesn't feel like dealing with their bull**** like the rest of us are constantly forced to?
What if Square hands over Geno and everyone is happy?

"What if" questions don't hold any merit for a debate on teh internetz, despite popular belief.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I mean they have some musicians that work for Square on the project including the person who made music for a number of games including Mario RPG...
They also have the musician who did the music for Chrono Trigger, but as it's been realized the DAY of that update, the composers list means next to nothing as far as characters.

All I'm saying is that Square-Enix is full of douchebags, and that if Sakurai wants to use Geno, he'd have to deal with a LOT of **** from them. The most likely situation is if someone else got in from Square first in some sort of deal - the only good thing about THAT is, is that if Sakurai goes through that much trouble, he'd more or less be guaranteed to be playable, and not just an AT or trophy.

I suppose that's the good thing about this 3rd-party thing. If Geno gets in, it's playable.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Something is bothering me...Why was the date pushed back for Brawl if Sega said Sonic could be in Brawl?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something is bothering me...Why was the date pushed back for Brawl if Sega said Sonic could be in Brawl?
I'm pretty sure Sonic had nothing to do with the date being pushed back. Sonic was announced because Sakurai new the fans would be mad unless he announced something BIG along with the bad news

Top Bottom