• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Im actually kinda hoping they hint at him by posting a Brawl version of Forest Maze, that'd be sooooo sweet

I think i remember reading about this in the past pages but werent there disscusion's on what Geno's voice could sound like? If i remember a lot of people said Alan Rickman, and to that i say...uh no, he just doesnt seem fit Geno's personality to me

As for my model, im at home right now and the model is still back on my computer at school so bare with me untill i get back and start workin on the texturing
Wait....Your model is at your SCHOOL!?!??!...........CAN I GO TO YOUR SCHOOL!?!?:psycho:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think that geno would be the Shadow/Medaknight of the mario series (but more nintindoy)
Except for the random acts of evil...well, who knows...maybe if he was in more than 1 game...

(Not so much Shadow...More like the Knuckles in my opinion, but with the power of Shadow or something...The "piccolo" of the Mario world...again, without the evil)

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ill just come out and say it. i dont think geno is important enough besides fanbase to be in brawl. their are asll kinds of characters who are more important in the ways that matter that deserve the third party slots.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ill just come out and say it. i dont think geno is important enough besides fanbase to be in brawl. their are asll kinds of characters who are more important in the ways that matter that deserve the third party slots.
Luckily it's what Sakurai thinks and not you...

He is more likely more open minded

Gordie123

Smash Cadet
hmmm

Hmm by...Megaman perhaps??

Stop saying "3rd Party Slots" there is no such thing...Sakurai can have as many as he wants. This whole stupid slots BS came up because people read way to far into what he said when asked about third party characters....

He just does not want the game TOTALLY SATURATED with non Nintendo reps.

And honest to god....there are only 4-5 legitimate 3rd party choices he has to go with anyways....

Sonic
MegaMan
Geno
Belmont
POSSIBLY Pac-Man

Also, Sakurai does not consider Geno 3rd party so how would he take up one of Sakurais "3rd Party Slots"...gimme a break man

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm by...Megaman perhaps??

Stop saying "3rd Party Slots" there is no such thing...Sakurai can have as many as he wants. This whole stupid slots BS came up because people read way to far into what he said when asked about third party characters....

He just does not want the game TOTALLY SATURATED with non Nintendo reps.

And honest to god....there are only 4-5 legitimate 3rd party choices he has to go with anyways....

Sonic
MegaMan
Geno
Belmont
POSSIBLY Pac-Man

Also, Sakurai does not consider Geno 3rd party so how would he take up one of Sakurais "3rd Party Slots"...gimme a break man
...Don't forget Bomberman...He doesn't seem that big over here...except for a special place in our hearts...But in Japan he's bigger. Pac Man may not be that big in Japan

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wow, I heard people were pushing Geno for Brawl, but this is outta control!
We are but the almighty masters minions...The god that is Geno deserves our eternal loyalty and in return all our wishes shall be granted...for he rules over the star road...

Join us...and you shall be rewarded....

Join us distr0ia....Join us

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think I've said this before, but... I feel like restating it.

Geno is a Mario character. Mario is Nintendo's biggest franchise, so obviously that alone makes it deserving of a new character in Brawl. With Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser the Mario series is already represented with the most famous, popular, deserving, etc. characters. Where would they go from here when looking for a new character? Some say Bowser Jr. He is afterall the Mario series' newest main villain. So what? He wasn't even on Sakurai's poll. He must not interest Sakurai much. Geno however, is mentioned four times. This shows Sakurai is interested in Geno, so when looking for another Mario character, he'd likely look to Geno.

That's atleast my reasoning on why Geno is likely to be included... Isn't this also what fellow Geno Supporters believe?

(I know I kind of bashed on Bowser Jr., but I support them both really. I don't see anything wrong with Nintendo's biggest franchise having 6 representatives. o_o [Though, I do support Geno more :)])

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think I've said this before, but... I feel like restating it.

Geno is a Mario character. Mario is Nintendo's biggest franchise, so obviously that alone makes it deserving of a new character in Brawl. With Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser the Mario series is already represented with the most famous, popular, deserving, etc. characters. Where would they go from here when looking for a new character? Some say Bowser Jr. He is afterall the Mario series' newest main villain. So what? He wasn't even on Sakurai's poll. He must not interest Sakurai much. Geno however, is mentioned four times. This shows Sakurai is interested in Geno, so when looking for another Mario character, he'd likely look to Geno.

That's atleast my reasoning on why Geno is likely to be included... Isn't this also what fellow Geno Supporters believe?

(I know I kind of bashed on Bowser Jr., but I support them both really. I don't see anything wrong with Nintendo's biggest franchise having 6 representatives. o_o [Though, I do support Geno more :)])
I doubt Bowser Jr. is Mario's new main villain I don't even think he is in Galaxy, anyway on topic, Geno is third party for square and certainly the most requested character for the company, so is much harder than you think.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I doubt Bowser Jr. is Mario's new main villain I don't even think he is in Galaxy
I meant it as in out of the main villains in the Mario series, he's the newest. Although, that's false now that a I think about it. I guess he's not the newest, but he's still a main villain nonetheless. :ohwell:

...anyway on topic, Geno is third party for square and certainly the most requested character for the company, so is much harder than you think.
Hardly. I really don't see why SE wouldn't let Nintendo use Geno.

D

Deleted member

I agree. I am sure the SE and Nintendo have a good enough relationship to let Geno be used.

Card

Smash Lord
That would be about 10 years ago.
(WII)Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
(WII)Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
(DS)Front Mission
(DS)Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
(DS)Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
(DS)Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
(DS)Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky
(DS)Egg Monster Hero

Oh yea, bad relationship between them alright... /end sarcasm

(oh and for the record, there is 5 Square-Enix games that are going to be released for Sony Consoles (PS3/PSP), whereas there are 8 going to be released for Nintendo Consoles)

ShurikenBW

Smash Cadet
Wrong. They've been reforming their relationship as of late.
Eh, SE still prefers Sony over Nintendo. The 64 and the GC have few of their games, and the Wii will most likely only get spinoffs and minor games of some sort. I admit Dragon Quest has moved over to nintendo, but that's really just Enix, not Square (yes, I know it's the same company, but you get the point).

Anyway, I'll be thankful if we get Geno or/and Mallow. They're the two characters I want the most.

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
(WII)Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
(WII)Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
(DS)Front Mission
(DS)Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
(DS)Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
(DS)Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
(DS)Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Sky
(DS) Final Fantasy IV
(DS) Dragon Quest IV
(DS) Dragon Quest V
(DS) Dragon Quest VI
(DS) It's a wonderful world

(oh and for the record, there is 5 Square-Enix games that are going to be released for Sony Consoles (PS3/PSP), whereas there are 8 going to be released for Nintendo Consoles)
I'm going to fix this because you made a mistake (Eggheroes is most likely dead) and you're missing many.

Eh, SE still prefers Sony over Nintendo. The 64 and the GC have few of their games, and the Wii will most likely only get spinoffs and minor games of some sort. I admit Dragon Quest has moved over to nintendo, but that's really just Enix, not Square (yes, I know it's the same company, but you get the point).

Anyway, I'll be thankful if we get Geno or/and Mallow. They're the two characters I want the most.
Enix is within SE, when making a decision, Square has a say on it.

ShurikenBW

Smash Cadet
I never said they have a bad relationship, it's just that it'll never be like it was before.

Anyway, nevermind. As long as the inclusion of Mallow or/and Geno doesn't involve bringing in someone like Cloud, I'm fine.

automirage04

Smash Rookie
Geno would be such a waste of a character...

Why not add an iconic character from a new franchise like Sonic or Megaman instead?

Anyway I think the overpopulation rule will bump Geno from the roster regardless of how popular a choice he might be.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Why not add an iconic character from a new franchise like Sonic or Megaman instead?

Anyway I think the overpopulation rule will bump Geno from the roster regardless of how popular a choice he might be.
Who the hell are YOU to decide who is a good character or not? Geno would be an awesome character and has deserved a comeback for 11 years, in a role larger than a cameo.

Geno would be assured if it wasn't for the SE problem, which isn't that much of a problem in the first place

Shuma

Smash Hero
Your Voodoo Wooden Dolll will never be in BRawl! Bwahahahaha. *insert Wario here*

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
I don't dislike Geno haters, but for you people to come in a thread based solely upon the support of Geno's comeback and post a comment that's meant to offend us...

That's just stupid.

distr0ia

Smash Apprentice
We are but the almighty masters minions...The god that is Geno deserves our eternal loyalty and in return all our wishes shall be granted...for he rules over the star road...

Join us...and you shall be rewarded....

Join us distr0ia....Join us
lol don't worry about me ;)

Geno was always in my SMRPG party, and I think he's an excellent candidate for Brawl.

Gordie123

Smash Cadet
Ya i don't understand the f****** morons who come in the GENO SUPPORT thread and say...HES NOT GONNA GET IN I WANT MEGAMANHS!!!....shut up for god sake and go to the f****** mega man thread..just SHUT UP

I hate people that are new generation gamers that have NO idea who Geno is so they bash and want a stupid cliche pop culture character that has been pretty much DROPPED from Capcom cause the last like 6 games he has been in sold **** and sucked so bad.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Ya i don't understand the f****** morons who come in the GENO SUPPORT thread and say...HES NOT GONNA GET IN I WANT MEGAMANHS!!!....shut up for god sake and go to the f****** mega man thread..just SHUT UP

I hate people that are new generation gamers that have NO idea who Geno is so they bash and want a stupid cliche pop culture character that has been pretty much DROPPED from Capcom cause the last like 6 games he has been in sold **** and sucked so bad.
Dude, I may be a hardcore Geno supporter, but do NOT put down the Mega Man. Especially the classic version from the NES; that guy's a gaming ICON. If any strictly 3rd-party character (which I don't count Geno as) should get in after Sonic, it's Mega Man. Fact.

But yeah, people who hate for the sake of hating are friggin' dumb. They just can't deal with the fact that they aligned themselves with lesser characters, like *shudder* Rayman...

D

Deleted member

Dude, you can STFU. Geno is an Icon, a Legend. Overpopulated? Don't most people want a lot of characters in Brawl. Frankly, you're a waste of humanity. We should execute you for overpopulating Earth.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
You know how much Geno rocks?

I've played only the first ten minutes of Super Mario RPG (but i will play more when it comes out for the VC), and Geno is one of my top requested characters.

that's how much he rocks. someone who has never had a chance to play as him wants him in this game

Geno for Brawl

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
You know how much Geno rocks?

I've played only the first ten minutes of Super Mario RPG (but i will play more when it comes out for the VC), and Geno is one of my top requested characters.

that's how much he rocks. someone who has never had a chance to play as him wants him in this game

Geno for Brawl
You and me both, man. You and me both.

*raises fist* Geno for Brawl!!!

Hey, by the way, has anybody thought of their "just-found-out-Geno's-in-Brawl" victory reaction? I've planned mine out:

1) Run outside (or hallway if in school computer lab). Do crazy dance.

2) When at home, run down street to park. Start screaming random things like "I told you so!" and "GENO WHIRL! 'Cause everytime I drive and rhyme the rhyme..."

3) Beat friends with Geno online. Friends will not who Geno is. Friends will be screwed.

4) Send about a thousand thank you e-mails to Square Enix. Travel to Japan Nintendo HQ to hug Sakurai.

I'll just... spaz out, kind of. It'll be awesome.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Geno, like SMRPG, is a cult classic, and deserves more recognition than he currently receives.

Seriously, the only thing he's MISSING is some stupid internet meme, like Mudkipz. =_=

Seriously, if some other Mario character is added in place of Geno, then that would just be friggin' ridiculous.

Jr. sounds like a dumb idea.
Paper Mario sounds like a dumb idea.
Lord KNOWS Waluigi sounds like a dumb idea.

Geno just makes sense.

Top Bottom