• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What would Geno's Icon be? Would it be a mushroom like Mario's since he's a "Mario" char, what if he's considered 3rd Party?
Everything referencing Geno in Smash refers to him as a Mario character, so it would be the Mushroom

He's considered a Mario character first, and a 3rd party second...

D

Deleted member

Geno WILL be in Brawl....that's it
Good Boy! You get a Cookie. ^^

Anyways, I was thinking about Geno's Icon before and I came across this Icon that looks like Geno's head and I'm thinking "That would make a great logo.". I wish I copied and pasted it though.

DON'T SHOOT!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can't wait to see this tried to use against me...

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
For as much as I like Geno, you people take it to the extreme, he may have gotten great feedback in the poll, but please, Geno is nowhere near as popular as other characters who haven't been confirmed like Krystal.
Aren't the polls used to collect the data about a character being popular? If Krystal wasn't as high on the polls, she's not as popular. It's as simple as that.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Aren't the polls used to collect the data about a character being popular? If Krystal wasn't as high on the polls, she's not as popular. It's as simple as that.
Exactly. Geno is right up there with Diddy Kong, who's already in. Some people just don't seem to understand that, though.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Me and my friends are convinced that hes already in :)
He's just that great of an addition to SSBB, along with his SMRPG counterpart Mallow!
Dont forget he was part of the top 5 characters on Toukouken! on Sakurai's website! That means Sakurai himself knows that the fans want Geno!
I might sound heellaa no0bish here, but where do you find these poll charts? And who's the other four of the top 5?:confused:

Oh wait...scratch that...it makes sense now. Man, I'm going to my pool of shame:(

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t

???: hello geno...

Geno: Who are you? and where am I?

???: my name is shadow and welcome to the waiting room for pepole who diden't make the cut for brawl.

Geno: well lets see, we got Ridly, Mewtwo, giant crab enemy, and... wait, does that mean? no it can't be!

Shadow: yep sry bout that.

Geno: NO! d*nm! not in agan!

Shadow: you better get in line for Super Smash Bros. Phisical Misunderstanding

Geno: you don't understand! i don't belong here!

Shadow: Oh yes you do! the great Enix comands that you do.

Geno: well then I guess ill just have a little talk with him....

just wanted to try out geno from a back view and it turned into this.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman

???: hello geno...

Geno: Who are you? and where am I?

???: my name is shadow and welcome to the waiting room for pepole who diden't make the cut for brawl.

Geno: well lets see, we got Ridly, Mewtwo, giant crab enemy, and... wait, does that mean? no it can't be!

Shadow: yep sry bout that.

Geno: NO! d*nm! not in agan!

Shadow: you better get in line for Super Smash Bros. Phisical Misunderstanding

just wanted to try out geno from a back view and it turned into this.
thats a lie take it back :(

D

Deleted member

Nah, Geno has a bigger fan base plus people liked him more than Mallow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno for Brawl...We just need a sign. Grant our wish and reveal him tonight (as a PC)!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
1. SMRPG coming to the VC this year.
2. Geno got the same results on Sakurai's poll as Diddy and Ike, who are already in.
3. Yoko Shimomura working on Brawl's soundtrack.

Guess what?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic is in!...But Geno is next! Go Geno, your next!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's down to Geno and Megaman now...the perfect roster would have em both!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I woke up around 4am EST (the Brawl updates are usually posted around 3am my time) and checked the updates and couldn't believe that Sonic was in. Sonic's confirmation shows that Sakurai does listen and cares about us, and that gives me millions of times more confidence that Geno will be confirmed and playable.

I just can't wait for that day to come. When Geno is confirmed, I have no idea how I'll react. I'll probably scream in victory. Run around like an idiot. Fall to my knees and cry in happiness. Who knows? It's one of those things that has to happen to see how I'll react.

After I fell back asleep I had another Geno dream . . . I was at a gas station when the gas attendants and people in other cars started transforming into the enemies from the Subspace. Of course I was scared, and just before they attacked me Geno jumped infront of me out of nowhere and Geno Whirled and used one of his guns to blast the enemies until they were gone. I remember thanking him or something, and then he had something, and then the camera zoomed on him and "NEWCOMER: GENO" appeared.

Geno needs to get in Brawl. He has to. Or else I'll cry. ;_;

Geno for Brawl <3

Snakz

Smash Ace
Geno WILL be in Brawl, i dont have any doubts anymore

W00T Sonic!!! Now all Sakurai has to do is confirm Geno and i can die happy!

Since the 3rd party characters are getting these super confirmations (i.e. video of their gameplay included) it makes me wonder if Geno will get the same confirmation, or whether he'll be treated as a first or second party confirmation...hmm

EDIT: i forgot to mention this (:grin::grin:) more proof Geno is in:

01 - Super Smash Brothers
02 - Donki Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03 - Fokkusu Makuraudo (Fox McCloud)
04 - Hoshi no Kabi (Kirby)
05 - Kyaputen Farukon (Captain Falcon)
06 - Metoroido (Metroid)
07 - Mother (Earthbound)
08 - Pokémon (Pokémon)
09 - Rinku (Link)
10 - Supa Mario (Mario)
11 - Yosshi (Yoshi)
12 - Fire Emblem
13 - Game and Watch
14 - Ice Climber
15 - Animal Crossing
16 - Made in Wario (WarioWare Inc.)
17 - Metal Gear Solid
18 - Myth of Light: The Mirror of Palutena (Kid Icarus)
19 - ???
20 - Sonic the Hedgehog

Heh, you've sold me. So pretty much, 19 is almost guaranteed to be Pikmin. So that means we have the following characters guaranteed:

Game and Watch
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Olimar

And if we go by the results of Sakurai's Poll the following characters are also almost guaranteed.

Playable Characters:
Krystal
Geno

Playable Characters or Bosses:
Ridley
King DeDeDe
King K. Rool

And a note about including Geno. Super Mario RPG comes after Sonic the Hedgehog. Possibly is icon 21.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

Since the 3rd party characters are getting these super confirmations (i.e. video of their gameplay included) it makes me wonder if Geno will get the same confirmation, or whether he'll be treated as a first or second party confirmation...hmm

Olimar is not pretty much Guranteed though. People seem to forget that Rockman fits in that spot just as well as Pikmin.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I don't think that Geno would have his own icon though...Do you think he would be in the Mario people with a Mushroom?

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have an idea as to when the announcement of Geno being confirmed and playable will be?

I think Geno will have the mushroom icon. I mean, he is part of the Mario universe . . . =/

Snakz

Smash Ace
Olimar is not pretty much Guranteed though. People seem to forget that Rockman fits in that spot just as well as Pikmin.
Well i was just using that quote as proof for Geno, i wasnt really paying attention the Olimar part, although im all for Olimar in brawl

Top Bottom