• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What if the Whirl was a One Hit KO? There are moves already that do that...all of them are hard to time because they are so slow to charge...what if Geno's was so hard to time because it was so fast? Like...better timing even than a super shield reflect...short of that, they COULD make it randomly OHKO...like every 1% of the time.
Hmm...Maybe, that's sounds good also...

That or the timed hits = more damage thing...Either or

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never had a problem with a projectile based fighter against fox...

Falco however is annoying as hell

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
i posted this awile ago...

UpB, Geno Blast, med.slow, dmg. 14-19: similar to pikachus downB but the blast of light goes throgh fallthrogh platforms. if preformed in the air it will pull geno up a good range, but if others get caught in it then it will pull them up too.

i also said

btw i picture geno with a long second jump

Enigma14

Smash Champion
His arm rocket move could propel him foward and back based on what side he's facing like Mewtwo's B attack, he could use it for recovery

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i posted this awile ago...

UpB, Geno Blast, med.slow, dmg. 14-19: similar to pikachus downB but the blast of light goes throgh fallthrogh platforms. if preformed in the air it will pull geno up a good range, but if others get caught in it then it will pull them up too.

i also said

btw i picture geno with a long second jump
People were thinking Geno Blast would be a better down B than up B

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Actually, on the subject of the Geno whirl, it should work like a missfire. At complete random it does double damage with a flashier hit animation. Just give it a long starting time so it cant be spammed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, on the subject of the Geno whirl, it should work like a missfire. At complete random it does double damage with a flashier hit animation. Just give it a long starting time so it cant be spammed.
MIssile isn't random, you can control it to be weaker and heat seaking or straonger but go only straight

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
genos gonna be in, im predicting it, he has like multible votes on sakuris poll everyone wants him and he would be an incredible addition to smash.... im thinkinh hes gonna be the super secret character thet u have to so some retared thing in brawl to unlock him, but here me out he will be in some way or another

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
(Potential) Bad news for Geno...

FYI, on a interview with Famitsu and Square, Famitsu asked Square if they happen to add any characters from Final fantasy into the game. Square responded that they wont put any FF character due to the series being so expansive and complicated. Square commented that if they were to add a character from one of their huge franchises, it would be from the "Romancing Saga" series. Not Final Fantasy ;)
I don't know if it is true, though considering Geno could count as a Mario character it might not matter but...

Still...

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
(Potential) Bad news for Geno...

I don't know if it is true, though considering Geno could count as a Mario character it might not matter but...

Still...

I said franchises, not independent collaborations :chuckle: Dont worry about that. Besides, here is a fun fact that all of you should know:

Chihiro Fujioka is the Lead Director & Developer of SMRPG, Lead Developer of Alpha Dream; (which is owned by Nintendo) & Lead developer at Square Enix!

Shigeru Miyamoto was also the Producer of SMRPG

Hironobu Sakaguchi is a VERY POPULAR game designer, game director, game producer, AND IS THE CO-FOUNDER OF SQUARE ENIX! He is famous around the world as the creator of the Final Fantasy series, and has had a long career in gaming with over 80 million units of video games sold worldwide. He was the production supervisor of SMRPG. He is a close friend of both Chihiro and Miyamoto.

They are all literally responsible in creating the content of the game.

Bottom line: It isnt the company itself that has a say if geno gets in. Its all up to Hironobu Sakaguchi. And knowing him, I definitly see Geno already playable from the start of the game's production :chuckle:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I said franchises, not independent collaborations :chuckle: Dont worry about that. Besides, here is a fun fact that all of you should know:

Chihiro Fujioka is the Lead Director & Developer of SMRPG, Lead Developer of Alpha Dream; (which is owned by Nintendo) & Lead developer at Square Enix!

Shigeru Miyamoto was also the Producer of SMRPG

Hironobu Sakaguchi is a VERY POPULAR game designer, game director, game producer, AND IS THE CO-FOUNDER OF SQUARE ENIX! He is famous around the world as the creator of the Final Fantasy series, and has had a long career in gaming with over 80 million units of video games sold worldwide. He was the production supervisor of SMRPG. He is a close friend of both Chihiro and Miyamoto.

They are all literally responsible in creating the content of the game.

Bottom line: It isnt the company itself that has a say if geno gets in. Its all up to Hironobu Sakaguchi. And knowing him, I definitly see Geno already playable from the start of the game's production :chuckle:

Sakurai and Snake's creator were friends so... =)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really can't find a good way to make Geno Blast unique...

Can't think of what to make it do

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WE'll Geno is the 4th most wanted character NOT already in Brawl...

...He'd be more but most Geno discussion seems to be outside this thread...interesting

D

Deleted member

I was curious today wondering about how great of a Storyline he'd make in Subspace Emissary. Opinions? I think there will be a possible boss from his time like Exor or The Axem Rangers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was curious today wondering about how great of a Storyline he'd make in Subspace Emissary. Opinions? I think there will be a possible boss from his time like Exor or The Axem Rangers.
I'm not completely sure he will have a boss...

...I think he will have more to do with the plot overall though...

Maybe acting like the sage, like he does in Mario RPG

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Geno popularity has risen to insane levels as of late - if he isn't playable, I'll honestly be surprised. Sakurai KNOWS he's wanted.

Sinn

Smash Lord
It IS kinda funny how Geno conversations seem to pop up wherever you go...I think mainly because when someone who dislikes him sees someone make a comment about him, they immediately have to attack. Geno is good at attracting flamers that way. Must be because he's made of wood.

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
It IS kinda funny how Geno conversations seem to pop up wherever you go...I think mainly because when someone who dislikes him sees someone make a comment about him, they immediately have to attack. Geno is good at attracting flamers that way. Must be because he's made of wood.
Well I have just tested out your theory let us see if it works http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120075&page=3 also what do you guys think his intro will be. Just the doll being possesed?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always thought it was the Bomb from Starfox...But I dunno...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently this is what a starfox bomb looks like BTW

If it was in Mario RPG it might have been a cameo...?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Ya know what, i suddenly got the urge to use Flash again (yes, i am an animator as well), im thinkin i should start some Geno related flash short movies? :grin:

I find flash animations much easier to do than 3-d models since im not that good at blender anyways

im gonna go re-get flash now

EDIT: About the bomb, i'd love to think that it's from SMRPG, it does look extremely similar, but Sakurai isn't that dumb, i doubt he'd would put an item from SMRPG in the demo without telling us before hand just to mess with us

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's it...item that was in the least a cameo in Mario RPG appears...

Geno confirmed!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
EDIT: About the bomb, i'd love to think that it's from SMRPG, it does look extremely similar, but Sakurai isn't that dumb, i doubt he'd would put an item from SMRPG in the demo without telling us before hand just to mess with us
Yes, he'd tell us for sure, because everyone knows how predictable Sakurai is :/

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Good, at least something to do with Geno/ Super Mario RPG more specifically!

..sorta, maybe...but still!

He could be messing with us, he had a lot of stuff in the Demo that wasn't revealed and stuff

Snakz

Smash Ace
Yes, he'd tell us for sure, because everyone knows how predictable Sakurai is :/

-Knight
Well, im just sayin, which is more likely, the bomb being a Starfox item, or an SMRPG item?

If someone can some how prove it's from SMRPG (like say a better picture, i dont know), then it could only mean Geno is in Brawl, and that means it's finally time to celebrate, until then, im gonna remain skeptical

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Well, im just sayin, which is more likely, the bomb being a Starfox item, or an SMRPG item?

If someone can some how prove it's from SMRPG (like say a better picture, i dont know), then it could only mean Geno is in Brawl, and that means it's finally time to celebrate, until then, im gonna remain skeptical
The main reason why I said that in the first place was, tell me what evidence Sakurai provided that Gardevoir was a pokeball, it does look very similar to the SMRPG item, but we'll have to wait and see if it turns out :/

Personally I hope it is, that would be Geno fans would finally be able to rejoice. It's only to bad that I didn't really like SMRPG that much :/

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It might just be the starfox bomb...that's what everyone thought when they saw it...

...Just hoping...

It does look like it has white striped though like the bomb...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
It might just be the starfox bomb...that's what everyone thought when they saw it...

...Just hoping...

It does look like it has white striped though like the bomb...
From what I saw, it was a hexagonal red bomb with a white center and a B. The exact graphic of the bombs from Star Fox, and the explosion even makes a sound incredibly similar to the ones in SF64.

Top Bottom