• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

D

Deleted member

From #thedigiport on thedigiport.com. YES I AM A DIGIMON FAN!

<Zero> OH
<Zero> FOZ
<Zero> Haha
<Zero> I completely forgot about you
<Foz> ?
<Zero> I went to the meeting like
<Zero> 10 hours ago
<Zero> They said they considered Geno and Mallow
<Zero> They would have gone with Mallow over Geno, but they didn't choose either
<Zero> Tough luck
<Zero> :p
He's bull****tin' me isn't he? XD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Well since I have no idea who that person is and why someone in a Digimon chat would know...

I cannot answer that question

...I however don't think he actually has evidence to back up his claim

D

Deleted member

Eh, he keeps saying he goes to all these Nintendo and Sony conferences where he lives. He can be a ******* half the time on the chat so, I think he is. =/

He claimed he got a hat and a pre order of Brawl and SM Galaxy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, he keeps saying he goes to all these Nintendo and Sony conferences where he lives. He can be a ******* half the time on the chat so, I think he is. =/

He claimed he got a hat and a pre order of Brawl and SM Galaxy.
Well that's nice but that doesn't prove anything

Sinn

Smash Lord
Has the guy ever lied about crap before? Because I've learned that if they lie about pointless **** once, they'll like about pointless **** again.

Geno for ten minutes from now. It would BLOW MY MIND.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has the guy ever lied about crap before? Because I've learned that if they lie about pointless **** once, they'll like about pointless **** again.

Geno for ten minutes from now. It would BLOW MY MIND.
Yeah, this guy seems like he's full of crap...

However BlueWave is also convinced Geno will not be in Brawl...He didn't get that from a source, he's just assuming "Because Megaman is going to be the last 3rd party"...

I always considered BlueWave a liar because he seemed to be copying Nya and now is milking him being right about Sonic for all it's worth...

However, NEITHER of these people seem like/ have credible sources....

Geno for Brawl! C'mon tonight!!!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman

I think he is BSing you. This guy sounds like a jerk. >_>

As for Geno's height, I've always considered him a bit taller than Mario as well. I actually played some SMRPG last night and it does look as though Geno is a tiny bit taller. @@

I prefer Geno's sprites to his official art as well, especially his victory pose.

(Is it just me, or does Mallow look as though he would feel like more like a volleyball than a cloud in his official art?)

I was just thinking . . . Has anyone actually asked Nintendo when SMRPG is going to be released on the VC? Maybe if we can get a release date on that we can figure out when Geno will be confirmed. ^^

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
On the note of Geno's body-type, might I direct your attention back to my Geno design?

Closer to the sprites, rather than the artwork.

... Another thing about the artwork - they ruined his hat. It's supposed to look somewhat like Link's, not a honeycomb. >.>

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
xD

That thing with the judge makes me giggle.

And Ridley being rejected is always good for a laugh =3

Now, if there are going to be haters...which would be a little out of place for a PW setting really (unless they were one at a time witnesses or something...and even then, it would probably be better to have an known game character...perhaps a different Brawl potential, hm?)...what would be the most easily joke worthy reasons for him not to be in the game? The only being in two games one is already pretty good, I'll keep that one in mind <3
It'd be pretty easy to have a Pinocchio occurence in the middle of the trial...

Judge: I'm growing weary of all this pointless interjection. Perhaps it would be best if-

*Doors burst open, Mario comes running in*

Mario: Oh, Geno! If-a only you were-a real-a boy! Come back to my-a workshop and we'll fix-a you up!

*Geno stares at Mario in fear and two cops grab Mario's arms, dragging him out*

Judge: Get that mustachioed pedophile out of my courtroom! AND LOCK THE **** DOOR!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
On the note of Geno's body-type, might I direct your attention back to my Geno design?

Closer to the sprites, rather than the artwork.

... Another thing about the artwork - they ruined his hat. It's supposed to look somewhat like Link's, not a honeycomb. >.>
Your version looks a lot like how I've always envisioned him to be. The official art doesn't really go into detail when it comes to his body (the joints, the wood grain, how his eyes look painted on, etc) and that always bothered me. In the official art, he looks more like a human with doll-like features than a possessed doll.

I really like the details you put into his hat and cape. ^^

I would love to also see an art of him doing one of his gun/projectile attacks. <3

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Dang, it's been like... *checks profile* 10 days since I've been around, and this thread's just growing like there's no tomorrow. *applauds Geno fans*

Anyways, I was checking around various threads, and Geno is mentioned on nearly every board that has 100+ pages. Even if it is something negative, it's impossible not to love all the attention Geno's getting. It's like the smash community fears him because they know his chances on getting in is out of their favorite character's league (unless your favorite character is Dedede/Megaman).

I downloaded a new SNES9X and a SMRPG rom and finally beat the game... I now will never know why people who have played that game can hate Geno. His role in the game is just freakin' unfathomably cool.

And from a few pages back, it appears the haters' IQ have increased by at least 100. I'm sure I said this before... I don't dislike haters. In fact, when you know you've got a good character and they're getting flamed, you know that can only mean one thing...Such as this. (Saw one in the B-man thread and had to do it XD)

I realized something else, too. The Geno supporters are the most hardcore type of people found anywhere. We've got more reason behind Geno's inclusion than any other character in Brawl. If you think about it, fans of Ridley/Animal Crosser/Bomberman/etc. want their character in just for the sake of them appearing in an ultra-popular game that could very well be their only chance in a fighting title. But for Geno, this is probably his last chance for revival unless Nintendo realizes just how great our boy is and gets 'em back from Square (probability of this happening: 1/100,000,000). So we're in it for the purpose of getting one of history's best-yet-forgotten stars back, as well as improving the quality of Brawl by a thousandfold.

I'll be ****ed if Geno's not in Brawl.

I can never look at Booster the same after something I accidently discovered on the internet...scarred me for life...
If you're talking about the internet-manga-that-shall not be named, then I feel your pain.

@Shadowbolt: You and your magnificent drawing skills continue to FTW. I hope Nintendo doesn't forsake his original design for something like a cloak... just like in those bishonen Geno fanarts I saw... it was... ghastly...

@TidalSpiral: XD That made me ROFL right off my chair!

P.S: Does anybody have any idea where Geno was during Paper Mario? (I'm sure he was in the game spiritually, as in not being owned by Square) When the heck did Star Road get turned into Star Haven? I'm pretty sure Geno was pissed after they forsaked him for Twink:

It makes me pretty mad, myself.

(Long posts FTW.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are just rising up to challenge Geno as of late because they fear his return!!!

Geno shall return and only us believers shall be saved from eternal ****ation!

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
And his return shall be (insert Youtube Poop) THE GREATEST IN QUARADINE! *coughs*

If, by incredible chance, our boy makes it in tonight, I will smite all haters with Geno Whirl. Immediately. Even though no such thing will exist until February.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And his return shall be (insert Youtube Poop) THE GREATEST IN QUARADINE! *coughs*

If, by incredible chance, our boy makes it in tonight, I will smite all haters with Geno Whirl. Immediately. Even though no such thing will exist until February.
Their fear shows his chances are greater than they want us to believe

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Geno shall return and only us believers shall be saved from eternal ****ation!
*cheers*

As for the doujinshi that shall not be named, I accidentally came across that one day. I saw just a tiny bit of it and I immediately ran away. I don't want to know if Geno was in it and what happened to him if he was.

@Super Mario Whirled: Congratulations on beating the game! ^^

I'm confident that one day we will see him at the Dojo as a playable character. I just have no clue as to when it'll happen . . .

And I do agree that Brawl may be Geno's last chance for a revival, because what are the odds of them buying Geno when they're making millions off of Paper Mario?

If Geno isn't in Brawl I'll probably get so upset I just might not buy the game because if I was to even try playing it all I'll keep thinking about is what could have happened if Geno made it in . . .

But that's something to not think about, because Geno will return!

Geno for Brawl! <3

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Wow, excellent post, Super Mario Whirled! I applaud you!

If you're talking about the internet-manga-that-shall not be named, then I feel your pain.
Out of curiousity, I went in search of this abomination. Haven't found the exact one yet, but with some of the stuff I've found so far, I'm very sorry I looked...>_<

*edit*OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT'S HOLY PLEASE MAKE ME UNSEE IT! OH GOD THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* Needless to say, the Booster part is the LEAST troublesome part of this manga.

Anyway, I heard you guys discussing what Geno's voice would sound like if he were in the game. I recall Alan Rickman's name comin up...Heh, sorry, but I always pictured it a bit..."younger" than that. I don't like the idea of a robot-sounding voice, either. ..Really, I dunno....>_>

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
@PsychoIncarnate: Geno's chances in Brawl are now *brings out calculator* greater than 95%. There's nobody on the danged internet that doesn't fear his chances right now.

@Oshiro Akina: Yeah Geno was in it. My eyes caught on fire and I had to ask Mario to put them out with FLUDD.

To all characters that may decrease Geno's chances:

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!

Snakz

Smash Ace
I realized something else, too. The Geno supporters are the most hardcore type of people found anywhere. We've got more reason behind Geno's inclusion than any other character in Brawl. If you think about it, fans of Ridley/Animal Crosser/Bomberman/etc. want their character in just for the sake of them appearing in an ultra-popular game that could very well be their only chance in a fighting title. But for Geno, this is probably his last chance for revival unless Nintendo realizes just how great our boy is and gets 'em back from Square (probability of this happening: 1/100,000,000). So we're in it for the purpose of getting one of history's best-yet-forgotten stars back, as well as improving the quality of Brawl by a thousandfold.

I'll be ****ed if Geno's not in Brawl.

P.S: Does anybody have any idea where Geno was during Paper Mario? (I'm sure he was in the game spiritually, as in not being owned by Square) When the heck did Star Road get turned into Star Haven? I'm pretty sure Geno was pissed after they forsaked him for Twink:

(Long posts FTW.)[/QUOTE]

I dont mean to be kinda a downer, but i wouldn't say we have THE most reason behind Geno's inclusion, for one, Ridley needs a spot because the Metroid series is sorely unrepresented (unlike Mario) King DDD, Well, thats Sakurai's choice ultimately, but with the fans having demanded his appearance, he all but confirmed. But as far as everyone else goes (although i honestly believe Geno and Megaman's chances are equal) yea, Geno has the most goin for him, sorry to be so nit picky :urg:

And yes, i would't dare boycott Brawl, but i will be d*mned as well

I just got Paper Mario for the VC, i havent gotten too far into it yet, but im 99% sure that Geno has absolutely no involvement what-so-ever in the Paper Mario seires (although i guess you could say he is since he is a guardian of Star Road)

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
@Oshiro Akina: Yeah Geno was in it. My eyes caught on fire and I had to ask Mario to put them out with FLUDD.
No . . . *hides* I don't want to know any more . . .

As for Geno's voice, I just hope it isn't too robotic sounding like it was in SuperStar Saga . . . =/

@Snakz: Nope, Geno is not involved with the Paper Mario series at all. Maybe spiritually, but that would be about it.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
@DynamiteSpoony: *salutes* Just doin' my job by keeping the best thread on smashboards active.

Yeah, don't go lookin' for hentai unless it finds you first. Stuff out there... it sucks. Literally.

@Snakz: We may not have the most reason behind our support, but I believe we have the most heart. Geno just... reminds me of the good ol' days. All of this support brings back nostalgia, so it's almost as good as having him in Brawl. :)

@PsychoIncarnate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSVNbxjdvv8

It's just another internet meme that FTW.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
If Geno is confirmed and playable, he'd probably be an unlockable, right?

If he is, what do you think we'll have to do to unlock him?

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
@DynamiteSpoony: *salutes* Just doin' my job by keeping the best thread on smashboards active.

Yeah, don't go lookin' for hentai unless it finds you first. Stuff out there... it sucks. Literally.
Yes, I know. To tell you the truth, I've seen and tolerated worse. I even could somewhat handle the whole Booster thing, but the Raz and Raini section destroyed my soul and urinated on the remains...

Anyway, back on topic.

GENO FOR BRAWL! :D

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Win story mode on Intense...

Geno is really the Boss of SE...

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman

Probably some ungodly hard task like beating 5 guys on Cruel Melee or hooking up with 50 of your friends online... Nintendo works in weird yet wonderful ways, so I'm sure whatever happens, I'll at least have unlocked him by the end of the first week. ...Geno's cutscene will be worth whatever hell Nintendo throws at us.

@hemightbegiant: ...An internet manga not worthy of anybody's pure eyes.

Shoop da Whoop > Internet

Geno > Brawl

Shoop da Geno > Pretty much everything.

The epic win is inevitable. XD

Snakz

Smash Ace
Oh he** yes, it will be. I'm dying to know what his cutscene will be like. Definitely made of badass and epic win. <3
DUDE, next to seeing Geno as PC in a Dojo update of course, i would pay so much to see a SE cut scene with Geno in action *drools*

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
DUDE, next to seeing Geno as PC in a Dojo update of course, i would pay so much to see a SE cut scene with Geno in action *drools*
*clutches head* Dear Lord... the fantasies... Geno's inclusion...

There will be no greater day in video game history.

Quite literally. >.>
Seriously. For now, I say we let the pr0n burn in the fiery chasm from whence it came.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
If I think about it right now, my brain might implode from the sheer hardcore images I get.

Guess we'll have wait it out together, ne?
I can't wait much longer! ;_; I wanna see Geno confirmed and playable and in action NOW . . .

*whimpers, gives Sakurai the big sad chibi puppy dog eyes of doom*

@Snakz: *hands over a drool bucket*

Top Bottom