• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually posted this in another thread already, but as far as SMRPG Assist Trophies go, I'm hoping for the Seven Stars to come down and cause total havoc. Though, I think I would actually prefer Axem Rangers, now that someone has mentioned it.

I'm thinking Geno will make it in, but even as an avid Geno fan, am I the only one who thinks it'll be really weird to see him in this game? He's my most wanted character, but he still seems like an odd choice.
Not fitting into the game is what MAKES characters fit into the game

Grim Geno

Smash Cadet
Alabama, aka Smash Bros. Tournament Kryptonite
Nintendo isn't going to use much-needed budget money to buy a character that was only in two games. Just because he was wanted on some of the polls that you've seen doesn't meen Sakurai is thinking about putting him in.

Believe it or not, Geno only has a big cult following here at SWF. Few people actually even know about him, or care, for that matter.

Plus, he just wouldn't make a good character addition. Beam attacks my ***.
I agree with you to a certain level, but there's still the fact that he appears to have a large following in Japan. Though I will say, none of my friends know who he is, so I was really suprised to see him on that list last year.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
I can never look at Booster the same after something I accidently discovered on the internet...scarred me for life...
You mean...Oh, God, just when I was thinking that SMRPG was one of the few pure fandoms left.....>_<

I actually posted this in another thread already, but as far as SMRPG Assist Trophies go, I'm hoping for the Seven Stars to come down and cause total havoc. Though, I think I would actually prefer Axem Rangers, now that someone has mentioned it.

I'm thinking Geno will make it in, but even as an avid Geno fan, am I the only one who thinks it'll be really weird to see him in this game? He's my most wanted character, but he still seems like an odd choice.
Yeah, despite his likeliness, his appearance would be pretty surreal, seeing as this is his first time in real 3D (aside from his horrid offical art) and his looks will certainly be upgraded in some form...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean...Oh, God, just when I was thinking that SMRPG was one of the few pure fandoms left.....>_<

Yeah, despite his likeliness, his appearance would be pretty surreal, seeing as this is his first time in real 3D (aside from his horrid offical art) and his looks will certainly be upgraded in some form...
It was a published Japanese Manga...

Grim Geno

Smash Cadet
Alabama, aka Smash Bros. Tournament Kryptonite
Oh, thank God I'm not the only one that hates that character art. I don't talk to Geno fans often, so it's good to hear I'm not the only one suffering in looking for good Geno art.

Not fitting into the game is what MAKES characters fit into the game
Touche, sir...touche.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Oh, thank God I'm not the only one that hates that character art. I don't talk to Geno fans often, so it's good to hear I'm not the only one suffering in looking for good Geno art.
Its good, but it kinda doesn't capture him as much as the fan art does, IMO.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The characters didn't looks that good in the official art...It was like they were taking the sprite images and trying to see what they would look like in 3D, without changing how they look...

Fan art is great though

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.

Touche, sir...touche.
Indeed. I hate how chubby they made him. I always pictured a slightly more Megaman-like proportion, especially in his victory sprite.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow, a whole thread of Geno fanboys and nobody wants to challenge my anti-Geno post? What are they teaching you here these days?

Tsk, tsk, McFox.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Wow, a whole thread of Geno fanboys and nobody wants to challenge my anti-Geno post? What are they teaching you here these days?

Tsk, tsk, McFox.
You're not really original when it comes to flaming Geno that and we have already dealt with many that dislike/hate him and we ignore them.

RDK

Smash Hero
You're not really original when it comes to flaming Geno that and we have already dealt with many that dislike/hate him and we ignore them.
Don't worry, friend--I was the original anti-Geno.

I've been flaming Geno before you came here.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I need to add illustrations to my moveset...I think it's more unique and original (Though it's the same moves, just done differently)

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Is Geno a relatively fast character? Sorry, you have to enlighten me for my knowledge of Geno is very vague.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is Geno a relatively fast character? Sorry, you have to enlighten me for my knowledge of Geno is very vague.
Geno is is the fastest and basically strongest character in Mario RPG...Plus he uses projectiles as well...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well yea Geno is the fastest character in SMRPG, but i cant see him being that fast in Brawl

Besides, your comparing his speed to a fat plumber, a fat though probably floaty prince, a girl in a dress and heels and a giant turtle, so yea, of course he's gonna be faster than them

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
More people who don't like Geno's game art, huh? Good to hear - I personally prefer his in-game sprites.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see him as a character that's fast but has unusual attacks, some with slower speed but stronger knockback and great projectile specials

what makes this official

The fact it's the only one and it has nearly 4000 posts

Sinn

Smash Lord
So I'm getting a comic done with Geno in it. The premise is going to be that Geno is on trial for why he should or should not appear in Brawl, and his lawyer and DA respectively are Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth. Anyone have any ideas off the top of their head that would help make this HILARIOUS?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I'm getting a comic done with Geno in it. The premise is going to be that Geno is on trial for why he should or should not appear in Brawl, and his lawyer and DA respectively are Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth. Anyone have any ideas off the top of their head that would help make this HILARIOUS?
Some part with Ridley being rejected

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Flamers one one side always yelling about the same thing and not listening to us on the other?

Snakz

Smash Ace
You should have haters randomly pop their heads in the court room yelling dumb things and then leave, and then depict the others who are dumb enough to stay and argue as walking in the middle of the court room while every just stares at him and he makes his dumb flames

EDIT: i thought of something else

Judge: Can you explain why you've only managed to appear in only two games over the years??

Geno: Well your honor, maybe if it were a little easier for a vertically challenged person to get a job, that wouldn't be any ISSUE, WOULD IT?! see now you got me ramblin about about the man holding me down

Judge: ....Actually i think it's cause your a doll...

Geno: ...See, thats some racist sh*t right there

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You should have haters randomly pop their heads in the court room yelling dumb things and then leave, and then depict the others who are dumb enough to stay and argue as walking in the middle of the court room while every just stares at him and he makes his dumb flames

EDIT: i thought of something else

Judge: Can you explain why you've only managed to appear in only two games over the years??

Geno: Well your honor, maybe if it were a little easier for a vertically challenged person to get a job, that wouldn't be any ISSUE, WOULD IT?! see now you got me ramblin about about the man holding me down

Judge: ....Actually i think it's cause your a doll...

Geno: ...See, thats some racist sh*t right there
Heh, nice!

Sinn

Smash Lord
xD

That thing with the judge makes me giggle.

And Ridley being rejected is always good for a laugh =3

Now, if there are going to be haters...which would be a little out of place for a PW setting really (unless they were one at a time witnesses or something...and even then, it would probably be better to have an known game character...perhaps a different Brawl potential, hm?)...what would be the most easily joke worthy reasons for him not to be in the game? The only being in two games one is already pretty good, I'll keep that one in mind <3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
xD

That thing with the judge makes me giggle.

And Ridley being rejected is always good for a laugh =3

Now, if there are going to be haters...which would be a little out of place for a PW setting really (unless they were one at a time witnesses or something...and even then, it would probably be better to have an known game character...perhaps a different Brawl potential, hm?)...what would be the most easily joke worthy reasons for him not to be in the game? The only being in two games one is already pretty good, I'll keep that one in mind <3
2 words: Skull Kid for witness

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Question is, should Geno really be considered as being that short? I always figured him being a tiny bit taller than Mario without the hat.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
o_O I can't believe I didn't noticed that! I think you're right, I picture Sakurai thinking about Peach's final smash:

Sakurai: What could Peach's Final Smash be?...
(Random person walks in)
RP: Mr.Sakurai, we have finished Geno's design for the game, we took some moves from his specials...
Sakurai: !... Peach was in that game right?, what were her specials?
RP: Well, she could heal, revive allies, uh! and her Sleepy Time puts enemies to sleep
Sakurai: sleep huh...

:grin:

I don't recall any other game where Peach puts enemies to sleep (never played Super Princess Peach so I wouldn't know), and if Bowser FS wasn't Giga Bowser transformation, I can see it being Bowser crush!

I really, really, reeeeeally want GENO in Brawl, so every little hint makes me happy!
Sleepy Time, that's the name of her Mario RPG attack! Some people didn't believe me that she could snooze enemies in that game but I was sure that she could. Anyway I really do think Peach's FS improves on Geno's chances.

Top Bottom