• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Here is a small excert from the comic now novel I'm writing:

“We need you to investigate a disturbance” The star was surrounded in a sky of dark blues. Although he was surrounded there were other stars and far off dots which are planets.

Soon white surrounded him and before he knew it, he was in the bedroom. He had chosen his doll form again knocked a shelf over. In the middle of the doll, he was surrounded by various Nintendo products, from a N64 to gameboy to a game cartridge.
As soon as he had taken his doll form again he had started to walk about to try to control his body again. As he walked around the room he saw things from a pipe, to a tower to a neatly made bed and a poster of a circle symbol with fire in the background. He had excited the house when only looking straight ahead he had tripped.

As he looked up saw a hand offer help. He took it and was introduced to the boy with blue eyes.

“I’m Pit, angel of Palutena!” He said happily while the sun shown on him like a statue, a statue of bronze.

“I serve...A higher authority…my name is ♥♪!?, but you may call me by the doll’s name; Geno.” Geno said with a mystic cool tone of feeling.

Snakz

Smash Ace
@Blayde_Axel

Well ive been using Blender now for about a year i think, i got into it for a few months and then just was to busy to mess with it, i recently got interested in using it again obviously, but it was a little before i mentioned making a model for Geno.

But yea, im not that good at it, im still learning a lot

blayde_axel

Smash Master
@Blayde_Axel

Well ive been using Blender now for about a year i think, i got into it for a few months and then just was to busy to mess with it, i recently got interested in using it again obviously, but it was a little before i mentioned making a model for Geno.

But yea, im not that good at it, im still learning a lot
Better than what I can do. I did a Gingerbread man, and I was able to make it move, but I haven't tried anything original yet. lol. Good job. Of course not perfect, but it's great.

Geno for Brawl!

Brawlman

Smash Ace
I have a cool story thing for Geno too.....But it invilves the Subspace Emissary. Here we go! (It takes place after "Pit's Decent")

Pit landed on one of the many floating platforms in Sky World to rest his wings. While he was resting, many blobs op purple formed around him and formed into the Primids. Pit was surrounded by about 100 of them!

Pit started to fight them off as best as he could, but for every 1 he beat, 10 more would take it's place. Pit was getting really tired. He fell on his knees and started to breathe heavily. A primid with a sword approached Pit and was about to cut Pit's head off....Untill a fist propelled by a rocket blasted the Primid to oblivion. Pit looked at where the attack had come from, but the attacker was gone.

Suddenly, a big blue lazer wiped out a ton of primids behind Pit. Then a razor sharp yellow disk cut off the heads of a bunch more. Pit looked quickly to where the attacker was, and saw a blure of blue and brown before it dissapeared again.

More primids appeared, but they were took down faster than they could respawn. Soon, all of the primids were defeated. The attacker approached , a now recovered, Pit and said, "I serve...A higher authority...My name is #%!?...But you can call me what I'm posessing at the moment...Geno."

(Sorry I couldn't get Geno's true name right. This keyboard doesn't have a Heart or Note key. -_-' )

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Some buddies of mine who are big fans of the RPG genre (Played ever FF game, Paper Mario, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Lufia, and so on.) have come to be really fond of Geno from Super Mario RPG...

I also really like the idea of a large doll whose wooden chassis covers an intensely technological system of beam and projectile weaponry powered by starlight and magic. Just imagining the visual detail makes me eager, but considering the possibilities is even more exciting.

Consider, for example, Geno's recovery moves. True, he could do a simple move that lifts him into the air, or he could fire off his wooden fists downwards like rockets, propelling him upwards. Mayhaps he could do a tether recovery, flinging one of his hands attached to a retractable chain system, and using it in battle to grab people and swing them around his head while firing at them.

There's really a lot that can be done with the character, and he would definitely be a great representative of Mario's first foray into the RPG genre...

Mallow's cute too but too many people seem to consider him a 'puffball' or a 'crybaby'... which I honestly can't refute :p

But it'll be all worth it to see two players whip out Assist Trophies of the Axem Rangers vs the Koopa Brothers.

Pirateman

Smash Cadet
I would have to say no to Geno. He seems to obscure and "out of this world" to be in Brawl. If you look at it this way, all the characters in Brawl so far have some Earth origin. (Except maybe Kirby) I think that he just doesn't fit into the smash community as well as other characters might. But Sakurai might have thought that significant, and included him. But, even if he is in, I won't complain, because the more characters, the better.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I would have to say no to Geno. He seems to obscure and "out of this world" to be in Brawl. If you look at it this way, all the characters in Brawl so far have some Earth origin. (Except maybe Kirby) I think that he just doesn't fit into the smash community as well as other characters might. But Sakurai might have thought that significant, and included him. But, even if he is in, I won't complain, because the more characters, the better.
Earth origin? What's that supposed to mean? I think that's a dumb reason... but I really don't get what you mean.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Off Topic: Algus. Awesome character drawings and movesets.
Thanks! Wait until the 'da big one' is almost done...

???

That's... mildly confusing.

Characters NOT from 'Earth':

Pit (resides in the heavens of Angel Land)
Samus/Zero Suit Samus (raised on a Chozo Planet, birthplace unknown)
MetaKnight and Kirby (from Planet Popstar)
Fox McCloud (from the Lylat System)
Link and Zelda (I'm assuming Hyrule isn't on Earth...)

Even then you really have to make huge assumptions that ANYONE's games even take place on the Earth.

Come to think of it, the only franchises that REALLY point it out, are Earthbound and Pikmin.

Pirateman

Smash Cadet
Alright to clear it up, I was giving an example of how he wouldn't fit in. When I said Earth origin. I wasn't saying the actual earth I was taking about a earth-like (human like) place. I was just pointing out a coincidence. It wasn't the best example, but it was just off the top of my head. Gosh, and I post without getting flamed.

Pit: the heavens on an earth type world
Samus: Umm, she lived on a planet with other humans, screams earth-like to me
Kirby: I already said kirby is a sort of exception.
Fox: Yes he is a fox, but Corneria is like a furry earth.
Link and Zelda: Hyrule also screams earth type area.
Snake: duh
Mushroom kingdom is an earth like area.

I didn't mean it literally, just using earth as a reference.

If you want a real reason, I think that Nintendo can get more "bang for their buck" with other characters, like (oh boy) Sonic, Mega Man, Viewtiful Joe (probably not going to happen), and Snake, who is already in. You really don't think SE will just give up Geno do you?

And why are you complaining? I don't mind if Geno is in.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Alright to clear it up, I was giving an example of how he wouldn't fit in. When I said Earth origin. I wasn't saying the actual earth I was taking about a earth-like (human like) place. It wasn't the best example, but it was just off the top of my head. Gosh, and I post without getting flamed.

If you want a real reason, I think that Nintendo can get more "bang for their buck" with other characters, like (oh boy) Sonic, Mega Man, Viewtiful Joe (probably not going to happen), and Snake, who is already in. You really don't think SE will just give up Geno do you?
Geno isnt a bad guy.. Also. Genos Forest pretty much kills the Earth idea. Also, get this thick straight into your head.

GENO.
ISNT.
3RD PARTY.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Alright to clear it up, I was giving an example of how he wouldn't fit in. When I said Earth origin. I wasn't saying the actual earth I was taking about a earth-like (human like) place. It wasn't the best example, but it was just off the top of my head. Gosh, and I post without getting flamed.

Oh, I see, you're considering Geno amongst the third-party characters and wanting someone more headlining of Square Enix to represent, right?

Well, you may change your opinion upon hearing that Masahiro Sakurai considers Geno to be First Party of Nintendo, meaning Geno wouldn't take up one of the third-party slots in the game.

And really, Geno's body is from the Mushroom Kingdom, his 'innards' just descended from the heavens (like where Pit descended from)

Pirateman

Smash Cadet
Geno isnt a bad guy.. Also. Genos Forest pretty much kills the Earth idea. Also, get this thick straight into your head.

GENO.
ISNT.
3RD PARTY.
I never said he was a bad guy. Also, get this thick straight into your head.
SQUARE ENIX OWNS RIGHTS TO GENO = 3RD PARTY

Treat others how you want to be treated, don't be a jerk.

Pirateman

Smash Cadet
Oh, I see, you're considering Geno amongst the third-party characters and wanting someone more headlining of Square Enix to represent, right?

Well, you may change your opinion upon hearing that Masahiro Sakurai considers Geno to be First Party of Nintendo, meaning Geno wouldn't take up one of the third-party slots in the game.

And really, Geno's body is from the Mushroom Kingdom, his 'innards' just descended from the heavens (like where Pit descended from)
Thank you for responding intelligently to my post. :)

Yep, that was what I was thinking. (except for the 3rd party slot thing)

If Geno doesn't take up a third party slot, that is great, but Nintendo still has to pay for him, cause Square Enix does own Geno. That is a point about Geno's puppet thing.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for responding intelligently to my post. :)

Yep, that was what I was thinking. (except for the 3rd party slot thing)

If Geno doesn't take up a third party slot, that is great, but Nintendo still has to pay for him, cause Square Enix does own Geno. That is a point about Geno's puppet thing.
Right, although you can consider that if Square Enix does have one of their own characters (i.e., Cloud, Black Mage, Rocket Slime, Moogle, Dragon Warrior, Sora, etc.) as one of the third party characters in Brawl, they may very well wave any fees regarding Geno as a measure of good faith.

Also given how 'up' on Nintendo systems Square-Enix has been recently, I'd say there's even a chance they'd wave any possible fees on Geno as a gesture of friendship.

Pirateman

Smash Cadet
Right, although you can consider that if Square Enix does have one of their own characters (i.e., Cloud, Black Mage, Rocket Slime, Moogle, Dragon Warrior, Sora, etc.) as one of the third party characters in Brawl, they may very well wave any fees regarding Geno as a measure of good faith.

Also given how 'up' on Nintendo systems Square-Enix has been recently, I'd say there's even a chance they'd wave any possible fees on Geno as a gesture of friendship.
Touche. They could do that. I think that you first scenario is more likely than the second. Because, even thought people make games to provide entertainment, you still have a Board of Directors, and CEO dealing with all of the money. (sorry if I am a bit skeptical) So I could see SE giving Nintendo Geno if one of their main characters gets in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think a point I should bring up is Sakurai didn't say 1-2 owned by a 3rd party company, he said 1-2 GUEST characters....Geno isn't a guest character, he's a mario character that just happens to be owned by Square

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Wow, extremely well done model there! I like it!

Glad to see someone taking the initiative to actually come up with a real 3D render of Geno. A while ago I rendered Muddy Mole into 3D just to give people an idea about what he might look like and it was fun to do. Tricky, but fun.

I hope you've got it jointed so that when you're done with it you can show off some poses ^_^

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are throwing around the words 3rd party too much against Geno...

...Sakurai never said anything with 3rd party characters, he said guest characters...

Pirateman

Smash Cadet
People are throwing around the words 3rd party too much against Geno...

...Sakurai never said anything with 3rd party characters, he said guest characters...
I only reason I use the term third party is when I am talking about buying the rights to characters Sakurai wants. Because, yes they are guest characters, but if Nintendo doesn't own them, they have to buy them. (or work out some kind of agreement) People do throw the term around a lot.

To the model: Aw snap! That is great! I can't wait to see it finished! :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I only reason I use the term third party is when I am talking about buying the rights to characters Sakurai wants. Because, yes they are guest characters, but if Nintendo doesn't own them, they have to buy them. (or work out some kind of agreement) People do throw the term around a lot.

To the model: Aw snap! That is great! I can't wait to see it finished! :chuckle:
Geno however isn't a guest...he's a mario character that just has some ownership withint Square

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I can't post the story until I get a couple of more votes...

Lucas or Ness and Frog or Crono?

Cool model!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Vote by tonight, cause I'm posting the comic in 3 hours. And yes, who is voted in will change the story.

Lucas: 2
Ness: 5

Frog: 4
Crono: 4

Poll Closed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why Crono people, he's in too many things...

...Arg!! So cliche'...

Top Bottom