• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't wait till he gets in so the haters will shut up...or at least ramble on looking like idiots

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Text is hard to read but I support that vid.

IF Geno is even a AT it will shut them (haters) up about him not being good enough to get in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Text is hard to read but I support that vid.

IF Geno is even a AT it will shut them (haters) up about him not being good enough to get in.
Not really, it will make them laugh harder in the faces of those who supported him

Fawriel

Smash Master
That is quite in progress. =o

There's not a whole lot to comment on yet. I'm not sure about making his eyes 3D... if you look at the image of Geno in your signature ( official artwork? ), you'll notice that the eyes are only painted on.
Though I guess it could count as a graphical update or so...

As I said, if you need reference sketches, I can make some. I'm not great, but good enough, I think.

How often will you keep us updated about the progress? If you keep going in steps of this size, it'll take a long time to finish, but we could constantly give you advice on how to continue.

Snakz

Smash Ace
That is quite in progress. =o

There's not a whole lot to comment on yet. I'm not sure about making his eyes 3D... if you look at the image of Geno in your signature ( official artwork? ), you'll notice that the eyes are only painted on.
Though I guess it could count as a graphical update or so...

As I said, if you need reference sketches, I can make some. I'm not great, but good enough, I think.

How often will you keep us updated about the progress? If you keep going in steps of this size, it'll take a long time to finish, but we could constantly give you advice on how to continue.
Yea, i know, i started 2 hours ago, heheh

Yea, those sketches would be greatly appreciated!

I realized about the eyes, and i might not be very consistent about the updates, maybe once every two days? i dont know. I actually just got someone to give me advice on the technical side of this project as it progresses, you guys are welcome to critique it on what need to be done or what should be changed, i probably wont be updating you guys again tonight, but ill try letting guys know how its coming tomorrow

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Will someone explain this to me.....

It absolutely makes no **** sense at all for Square Enix to hold rights to Geno as on of there characters if they're never gonna use em man! Jus give Geno to Nintendo dammit!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Will someone explain this to me.....

It absolutely makes no **** sense at all for Square Enix to hold rights to Geno as on of there characters if they're never gonna use em man! Jus give Geno to Nintendo dammit!
...They knew that some day the demand for Geno is a future Nintendo game would be so great that Nintendo would be forced into an agreement for Geno to participate as a playable character.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Isn't there somethin we Geno fans can do like right a petition out or somethin?
Petitions for video games aren't always effective. Case and point, Starman.net. And anyways, all the characters that are going to be in Brawl are already done. At this point they are just adding touchups and fixing minor glitches.

SiD

Smash Master
Petitions for video games aren't always effective. Case and point, Starman.net. And anyways, all the characters that are going to be in Brawl are already done. At this point they are just adding touchups and fixing minor glitches.
This man speaks the truth.

Well, manfairy.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
So u would think they are done and if da character models aren't done, then Sakurai and his team fail!

Ohhhh Geno if you're not on Brawl, I still got madd love fo ya!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So.......do we all send Sakurai death threats if Geno isn't on Brawl, or what? Especially if he isn't playable. That'd b an insult.
I tried it =p kidding but still if he isn't in Brawl don't be surprised, S/E are just...greedy...

I'd want Claus if Geno is a no go, since both are mysterious and not human, Claus is but...just look up Mother3 stuff to know what im talking about.

Geno and Claus for Brawl!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried it =p kidding but still if he isn't in Brawl don't be surprised, S/E are just...greedy...

I'd want Claus if Geno is a no go, since both are mysterious and not human, Claus is but...just look up Mother3 stuff to know what im talking about.

Geno and Claus for Brawl!
The Geno comic I'm working on happens to involve Claus...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The Geno comic I'm working on happens to involve Claus...
Sweet, I was working on a comic with Geno but converted it into a Novel like thing, Almost done with chapter 1. All chapters are short and Claus is appearing soon. Plot crosses with 2 games, but with many characters outside of their universes appearing with a mystery to solve.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone here know how the relations are between Nintendo and Square at this time? I mean, at the time Geno was created, Nintendo and Square were still buddies to some extent. Square was on the way out, true- it wasn't long before the Play Station stole our thunder. But if Nintendo and Square are friendly again, there's no significant reason for them NOT to use Geno- what, Square's gonna keep him for themselves? I dont' think so. Geno has no real value except when marketed for Nintendo fans. He's obscure enough for Sakurai and popular enough to get serious attention. But in spite of all of this, the relations between the companies are by far the most important thing to consider, and I have no idea where else to look for that information. Any thoughts? >.>

Gordie123

Smash Cadet
Square and Nintendo seemed to be fine...there was a recent basketball game that was released with Square and Nintendo characters...so i don't see why they would be stiff about anything, especially since Geno is in the Mario Universe...what is square gonna do make a Mario game? They would not be able to put him in something like...say Final Fantasy

GENO FOR BRAWLLLL

Steel Braxus

Smash Cadet
As much as I loved Super Mario RPG (Geno's debut), I must say that my main team was Mario, Peach and Bowser. What's so good about Geno anyway?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As much as I loved Super Mario RPG (Geno's debut), I must say that my main team was Mario, Peach and Bowser. What's so good about Geno anyway?
Strongest character, fastest character, and could kill any enemy with 1 hit with Geno Whirl

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
He had very good magic, and some strategy guides I've seen recommend his party skill. That, and his physical attack wasn't half bad either. He's a lot more balanced than Bowser, whose magic and magic def. was ABYSMAL. But yeah, anyone who doesn't use Peach needs a good kick in the rear. X_X

Back on topic, I really have to wonder what kind of abilities Geno will have from the game... *pictures random body part projectiles littered all over the stage*

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, I remember when I used to use Mario, Bowser, and Geno all the time. THen, I died a couple times on some boss and was liek "why not use Peach, maybe she can flash them and I can win" and I figured out she rox.

That is all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...I realized how good peach was but still used Mario, Bowser and Geno...Could not diss my favourite Mario Character...

Top Bottom