• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't like that picture, actually. It's too stubby.

If concept sketches are needed, I can provide those.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't like that picture, actually. It's too stubby.

If concept sketches are needed, I can provide those.
How can drawings fit in with 3-D? Just curious.

Unless you mean you'll illustrate scene for Snakz

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, for one, a sketch can show the 3d-animator what the final product is supposed to look like.
Also, although I admit I don't know much about this stuff, I think you can more easily build a 3d-model if you have an image of the character from the front and the side so you can kinda just copy the shapes given in the images...

The picture you gave isn't ideal for that because it only shows him from an angle.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
you want a full front view and a profile view. The modeler sets them up as reference images, which are invaluable in the blocking in stage of the process.

Lemme know if you need any help, I use 3dsMax and zBrush3

G4B

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well, for one, a sketch can show the 3d-animator what the final product is supposed to look like.
Also, although I admit I don't know much about this stuff, I think you can more easily build a 3d-model if you have an image of the character from the front and the side so you can kinda just copy the shapes given in the images...

The picture you gave isn't ideal for that because it only shows him from an angle.
Alright then, have fun with that then and hopefully it will come out well! Also it isn't my image I just reposted it.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
smething odd about it...probably cause the hair isn't red, but good job, ShadowBolt!

SiD

Smash Master
Mac??

MAC????

I ****ing HATE Mac's, they're ********. Oh yeah, lets take control away from the user because eveyrone's an idiot.

**** Apple.

Oh, and, Geno 4 Brawl!

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Mac??

MAC????

I ****ing HATE Mac's, they're ********. Oh yeah, lets take control away from the user because eveyrone's an idiot.

**** Apple.

Oh, and, Geno 4 Brawl!
Lol whut? Not everyone is a computer genius. Do you like a challenge when using your computer? One of my friends uses the same argument. I guess you like sporadic viruses and authorizing everything your computer does. But anyway...

Geno for God tier!

SiD

Smash Master
Oh yeah, cause Mac's never get viruses, and PC's can't get virus blockers.

And you only have to auth everything on VIsta, but if you turn it off, Vista > Mac OS 10.

And Mac's have ******** mouses.

Oh yah, God for Geno tier!

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Vista treats me like I'm illiterate and hates old programs... :(

XP... you don't know what'cha got till its gone...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Yea, Blender is running kinda slow on my computer, it'll take me a few days to finish the Geno 3-D model, but i will finish it!!

i like that first picture you sent me Enigma, but could someone be kind enough to make a profile pic of Geno for reference? im not good at makin reference pics yet, so it'd make the model MUCH easier to make :)

Preferably, all i need is a front and side pic with the arms out, anyone wana to do it?

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
People don't make as many viruses for Macs. I bought my Mac in '05, and it's still going strong, and I have no anti-virus protection. Macs mouses are fine. Now you're just blindly hating it. Like most people that hate Macs.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Does anyone know how to make skeletons in Blender? i only know how to make the actual model and give it textures...

If someone does, ill give you the finished model and you can do your magic

SiD

Smash Master
People don't make as many viruses for Macs. I bought my Mac in '05, and it's still going strong, and I have no anti-virus protection. Macs mouses are fine. Now you're just blindly hating it. Like most people that hate Macs.
No, I'm not. The mouse that comes with a mac is a piece of **** compared to a regular mouse. One button, annoying rollerball, no thanks.

Sure, less viruses. But with virus protection that I got for free, my PC will run strong for that long too. And it costs half as much as a Mac.

And, It lets me do more. Which is good for me, cause I know my way around a computer.

Mac's are fine if you like simplicity, I just don't like the idot proofness nor think they are worth the price. And I really do hate the mouse.

Anyway, I don't know how to make skeletons in Blender either, but it should be easy to find out on the internet.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
No, I'm not. The mouse that comes with a mac is a piece of **** compared to a regular mouse. One button, annoying rollerball, no thanks.

Sure, less viruses. But with virus protection that I got for free, my PC will run strong for that long too. And it costs half as much as a Mac.

And, It lets me do more. Which is good for me, cause I know my way around a computer.

Mac's are fine if you like simplicity, I just don't like the idot proofness nor think they are worth the price. And I really do hate the mouse.

Anyway, I don't know how to make skeletons in Blender either, but it should be easy to find out on the internet.
Agreed. They are not for everyone, but they are good computers. I have a friend who loves Blender, and I wish I could use it.

Geno for Brawl!

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Snakz, I'm guessing your new to this so I'll suggest to you eithier Polycount.com or CgChat.com for you modeling problems.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I guess ill have to dig it up in the Blender wiki, thanks anyway

@Zoinkslls

Actually, i have a lot of time on my hands, and ive been lookin for something to do (not to mention ive wanted to make a Geno model for a while, it'd be fairly simple to make him now that i think about it), if i dont get the reference drawings by the end of tomorrow, ill start it anyway and keep you guys posted on it's progress, how's that sound? :p

Thanks Jesterbox, thats helps too!

So anyone wana start makin those reference drawings? Fawriel you wana?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Top Bottom