• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I really don't think Geno would be in Brawl. He just too.... insignificant.

*Hides behind shield as angry mob of Geno fans come for me*

followed by a caption saying something like, Kirby can now steal the abilities of Assist Trophies!
Actually, that would be pretty cool.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Well was there any point in saying something so ignorant?

...you really haven't played Mario RPG or know who he is...do you?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

I agree. To the Mario series as a whole, he hasn't really done much. But, all the important characters, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach are in. Where do you go from here? Why not the 2nd most requested character on the polls?

Geno for Brawl. :)

SiD

Smash Master

Actually, that would be pretty cool.
Didn't you already post that a few pages ago?

And tell me what's significant about the Ice Climbers, or Jigglypuff, or Doctor Mario, or Pit. Geno was a star in a game, and it was more story based than Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, or Doc's games, making him more important as a character. And Jiggs is unimportant in the game, and was a minor character occasionally on the show.

Therefore, Geno deserves a spot at least as much as any of those characters.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Eep. Kirby absorbing assist trophy powers be...REALLY time consuming to program into the game...

And significance seems to vary from person to person. A lot of the people that are clamoring over certain Fire Emblem characters I just don't understand because I haven't played the games. But I still recognize that they're probably important...for SOME reason.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai some how can't get either Sonic or Megaman or one of those two in Brawl, then naturally Geno will wow us all with his appearance as a playable of course! Awwww yeah, that'd be my main right there!

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
If Sakurai some how can't get either Sonic or Megaman or one of those two in Brawl, then naturally Geno will wow us all with his appearance as a playable of course! Awwww yeah, that'd be my main right there!

Haha, man, you're an allright guy, you never seem to fight or be negative about something. Automatic WIN if you answer me yes to this: Should Ridley be in Brawl?

0rion

Smash Journeyman
It's official. YOU WIN AT LIFE.
BALLIN!! Who would have thought! I....I know I was always destined for greatness but to win The Life Boardgame! Oh man hells yeah!

More Geno, more Mallow, more Smithy, more Culex. It's so time for Nintendo and SquareEnix to bring life back into the Seven Stars series.

Aack....paper mario.....it's a letdown.....

Sinn

Smash Lord
Ya know, Paper Mario as a series isn't really all that bad. I'm a huge fan of the dialog, and the localization team is AMAZING on the game. The plot for the original 64 Paper Mario was kinda so-so, but the storyline in Thousand Year Door was a HELL of a lot better than the original Paper Mario. Even Super Paper Mario had a great plot line, though the game play might have gotten in the way of it at times.

The thing that I see as a problem with these games is, for the most part, a LOT of the characters aren't really all that memorable to me. Goombella was just about the only character that I really liked in TYD because she talked to me all the time (same reason I liked Goombario in the original more than the other characters...though that's really not saying much). Vivian was pretty unique and fun too, but the rest of the characters...not really so much. Though I did like the way they portrayed Peach in those games, SPM especially...they need that kind of attitude in her character for Brawl, not the ditzy airhead that they've got in the last game.

But yes. I still like SMRPG more than the Paper Mario series, much though I do enjoy playing it. It would make me quite happy to see another Mario RPG project from Nintendo and Square.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Ya know, Paper Mario as a series isn't really all that bad. I'm a huge fan of the dialog, and the localization team is AMAZING on the game. The plot for the original 64 Paper Mario was kinda so-so, but the storyline in Thousand Year Door was a HELL of a lot better than the original Paper Mario. Even Super Paper Mario had a great plot line, though the game play might have gotten in the way of it at times.

The thing that I see as a problem with these games is, for the most part, a LOT of the characters aren't really all that memorable to me. Goombella was just about the only character that I really liked in TYD because she talked to me all the time (same reason I liked Goombario in the original more than the other characters...though that's really not saying much). Vivian was pretty unique and fun too, but the rest of the characters...not really so much. Though I did like the way they portrayed Peach in those games, SPM especially...they need that kind of attitude in her character for Brawl, not the ditzy airhead that they've got in the last game.

But yes. I still like SMRPG more than the Paper Mario series, much though I do enjoy playing it. It would make me quite happy to see another Mario RPG project from Nintendo and Square.
Same here. But something tells me that the theme for those colored rip offs will be reduced to 2.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman

I've only played TYD and while I thought that the characters and storyline were really cute, it will never match what SMRPG brought us. I haven't played TYD in a while, and sadly all I remember from that game are Goombella and Vivian and a battle area that looked like a stage. =/

Marketwise it would be really smart for both Nintendo and Square-Enix if a direct sequel to SMRPG was created. It would start out with Geno being playable in Brawl and SMRPG being released for the VC. Of course diehard fans would get both, while newcomers would want to find out more about Geno and buy SMRPG for the VC. That will start a new generation of fans. Then a direct sequel to SMRPG comes out, and . . . I think you can figure out the rest. ^___^

I'm sure that if Geno was to make it to Brawl he would have an updated look. I wonder what that would look like . . .

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
GATCH Bell. "Zatch" is the stupid localized name.

Anyway, Paper Mario is solid, except Super Paper Mario. I'm sorry, but I just do not get it. Fun game, but not deserving of a 9.5.
I disagree. It was so unique in it's gameplay. It played like a classic Mario platformer, with cool RPG elements. And the music was phenomenal, as were the characters. The only drawback was the excessive dialouge.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I've enjoyed the Paper Mario series (Super Paper Mario is my current favorite), but it pales in comparision to Super Mario RPG.

I've also enjoyed the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga game (haven't played the one for DS yet). Also some good times with that one. ^ ^

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I've enjoyed the Paper Mario series (Super Paper Mario is my current favorite), but it pales in comparision to Super Mario RPG.

I've also enjoyed the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga game (haven't played the one for DS yet). Also some good times with that one. ^ ^
RPG: SMRPG beats both Paper titles but the Paper games are longer and I've always liked that.

Bros: The original, GBA 1, is the only 1 i've played and it's still me fav. bros RPG game.

SiD

Smash Master
I loved Paper Mario. I beat the first one like 3 times before I lost my N64.

Super Paper Mario was fun. Maybe not deserving a 9.5, but still good. Too much dialogue, occasional frustrating moments, but good unique gameplay and decent story, along with comical well written dialogue, made it totally worth playing.

SMRPG is still my favorite though.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
does no one else see the rock/paper/scissors joke just waiting to happen here?

The problem with bringing a sequel to SMRPG is that I believe Sony's got Square/Enix (which, btw, has sucked since they bought Enix) by the short and curlies.

Thanks to youtube, I actually understand more of the depth of SMRPG (was... 9, I think, when I played it first) and now I'm going back to do it again.

All you SMRPG players out there, any more challenging ways to beat the game? I want it to be fun. And... besides Geno of course... who did you use in your party?

Geno for Brizzawl

Hong

The Strongest
I'm a pretty strict RPG gamer. I always give people set in stone roles. So my party is Mario (physical offense), Geno (physical offense and Geno Boost) and Peach (support). I give Mario and Geno constant Attack bonuses, and give Peach mostly HP bonuses until it stops giving a lot then switch to Special Attack bonuses. When I was a kid, it was Mario, Geno and Bowser.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
For me, my party has always been:

Mario (because I had to)
Peach (for her awesome healing abilities)
Geno (for his strong attack power)

As for beating it in a harder way, I read somewhere about a "single character" challenge, meaning you beat the game playing as one character while the others in your party have no weapons/armor and only use defend or goodie bag in battle. I never tried it though, but it does sound challenging. =/

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Mario of course >.<
Peach (Healer)
Geno/Bowser (Strong attackers)

Mallow doesn't suck, it's just that he is only good for multiple enemies or singular healing which is lesser than Peach and his attacks are weak, IMO.

Sinn

Smash Lord
does no one else see the rock/paper/scissors joke just waiting to happen here?

The problem with bringing a sequel to SMRPG is that I believe Sony's got Square/Enix (which, btw, has sucked since they bought Enix) by the short and curlies.

Thanks to youtube, I actually understand more of the depth of SMRPG (was... 9, I think, when I played it first) and now I'm going back to do it again.

All you SMRPG players out there, any more challenging ways to beat the game? I want it to be fun. And... besides Geno of course... who did you use in your party?

Geno for Brizzawl
Sony doesn't have Suare-Enix. S-E was just developing solely for them for a while because Nintendo and S-E had a bad falling out...then supposedly (not sure if this is true) they made certain deals with Sony after the crash and burn of their Spirits Within movie. But S-E loves Nintendo now. I see nothing standing in their way of making another game aside from them deciding to do it.

OH! I heard that...I think it was...the level 3 challenge was supposed to be kinda hard. Supposedly there's a way that you can only be level three by the time you get that item that always gives you "LUCKY!" and then use it to always give yourself no experience on the boss battles (since you can just run from everything else).

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Originally posted by Oshiro Akina

Marketwise it would be really smart for both Nintendo and Square-Enix if a direct sequel to SMRPG was created. It would start out with Geno being playable in Brawl and SMRPG being released for the VC. Of course diehard fans would get both, while newcomers would want to find out more about Geno and buy SMRPG for the VC. That will start a new generation of fans. Then a direct sequel to SMRPG comes out, and . . . I think you can figure out the rest. ^___^

I'm sure that if Geno was to make it to Brawl he would have an updated look. I wonder what that would look like . . .

1. That's a great idea, but only if Nintendo could read that or realize that...someone please email/snail mail Nintendo Oshiro Akina's idea!

2. There's a link that someone posted pages 150-160 of how Geno would look like, but here it is again.
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/Kiro14/?action=view&current=geno.png

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman

Enigma14

Smash Champion
*dies*

That is just made of pure awesome. Definitely portrays Geno and how bad*** he truly is.

*wants Geno to be in Brawl even more now and hopes that tonight's update is Geno being confirmed and playable*
It could happen if we send that letter to Nintendo...the idea or post you made, I mean.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Letter basically don't work no matter how brilliant the idea no one will ever listen to us
Unless you try. I don't care how negative the comments are, I already sent a letter. Now to try by snail mail...

Top Bottom