• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
well, the slogan for super smash brothers is nintendo's mascots battle it out. i dont think anybody would consider geno a mascot of nintendo, about as much as flurrie or the admiral bomb guy from paper mario. geno could only be considered a main character in one game, while most if not all of the characters confirmed for brawl were in 2 games (ike's new game will own) or more. since i wasn't around i don't know if kid icarus was just one game, but apparently pit actually helps sales if/when kid icarus is on VC. having played SMRPG and superstar saga and the time twisted game, i know geno's cameo is so minor that the only reason he is in the credits is for legal purposes, seeing as he is owned by sqaure
They had all the real mascots in Smash 64... They have to branch out now. :|

Sinn

Smash Lord
True. Nintendo hasn't really come out with that many brand new franchises that have become epic sellers like the original game had. Pikmin might be a new one...Animal Crossing could be another (waiting for THAT character update, personally).

I consider Geno to be a great mascot of Nintendo's. Mario RPG is one of my favorite games, and Geno is my favorite character in the game. And I'm not the only person who feels that way.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
True. Nintendo hasn't really come out with that many brand new franchises that have become epic sellers like the original game had. Pikmin might be a new one...Animal Crossing could be another (waiting for THAT character update, personally).

I consider Geno to be a great mascot of Nintendo's. Mario RPG is one of my favorite games, and Geno is my favorite character in the game. And I'm not the only person who feels that way.
QFT and supporting, fellow gamer.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Person made an anti-Geno pro any other 3rd party character thread...:(

Hong

The Strongest
Meh. Nothing new. Geno is just too much awesome for them to handle. :p

Hong

The Strongest
Even though Mallow is my most disliked party member, I still like him and I'd love for him to be in Brawl if Geno isn't.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nope. I'm almost positive that anyone against Geno has never played SMRPG.
Obviously, we all should know that. Seriously though, he should be able to sneak past the 3 3rd party rule, to spread a little love to Sonic and Megaman! :) And all the party members rock, even Mallow. Pfft...the other party members should totally be stickers and ATs [minus Bowser and Peach]. Definitely.

Thge only thing to hate about SMRPG was no Luigi. That's all...and no Wario. But other than that, it was near perfect. :)

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Obviously, we all should know that. Seriously though, he should be able to sneak past the 3 3rd party rule, to spread a little love to Sonic and Megaman! :) And all the party members rock, even Mallow. Pfft...the other party members should totally be stickers and ATs [minus Bowser and Peach]. Definitely.

Thge only thing to hate about SMRPG was no Luigi. That's all...and no Wario. But other than that, it was near perfect. :)
The absence of such loved characters is why we need another SMRPG. Paper Mario was good, but I really loved the battle system that was in LOTSS.

Hong

The Strongest
Geno, from what I understand, would technically be the most viable third party character in that he's a high ranking third party character from the Mario universe. So yes, he should instantly be an exception. I think Sakurai wants to avoid "Non-Nintendo" characters, but I feel that Geno is a Nintendo character even though he doesn't have the legal name.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Seconded.

And if that's the case...do you think that would make them more or less likely to announce him ahead of time...?

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
The day they announce Geno in teh dojo, there will probably be a nuclear explosion out of the sheer amount of exited fans. Nintendo can't compromise national security like that!

Pitbull

Smash Cadet
Geno, from what I understand, would technically be the most viable third party character in that he's a high ranking third party character from the Mario universe. So yes, he should instantly be an exception. I think Sakurai wants to avoid "Non-Nintendo" characters, but I feel that Geno is a Nintendo character even though he doesn't have the legal name.
I agree with this 100%! Geno only appeared on Nintendo games so I hardly think he counts as a 3rd party character. He's not like most of the other 3rd party characters who started off on Nintendo and then appeared on other systems. Geno is a purebred Nintendo character the way I see it. Geno for Brawl!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Yeah, I agree that the youtube video is a neat picture, but I wouldn't want them making him look like that in Brawl. I would much prefer a more traditional looking version. And JesterBox's version IS the most kickass one I've seen so far <3

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I am usually good with Nintendo knowledge, but for the longest time I never knew who Geno was because Mario RPG is one of the only Mario games I haven't played.

He seems like an interesting character, and I'd prefer him as a playable character as opposed to other small characters...
*cough*(Tom Nook and Stafy)*cough*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to post my own picture of Geno for this thread...

...it'll be my project of the week...
(Week because I procrastinate EVERYTHING)

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I love this thread. The Geno artwork is great, except for the Youtube video. I prefer Jester's. GENO FANART FOR THE WIN!

Also, nice Geno sigs everyone who has one.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
And back from several days of nothingness.That truly captures the essence of Geno. Good work.
This truly shows how bad *** Geno is. What isn't to like? He's a perfect match for Brawl and I'm nearly certain that Sakurai has been seeking to get him. I'm almost positive he'll be present and when I unlock him I'll foam out the mouth.

Hong

The Strongest
Welcome back~<3

Was there any luck finding the players guide, by chance?
I'll look in the last possible place either tonight or early tomorrow. If it's not there, then it's gone/thrown it. D:

Top Bottom