• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
He was playable. BUT, he was not the main character. Additionally, it was one game. There are many more deserving characters (at least 42) who are more deserving.

I'm not saying I hate Geno (Well I do hate him slightly, but my opinion doesn't count; logic does), but at the moment he does NOT stand much of a chance of joining the 42 character roster of Brawl

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He was playable. BUT, he was not the main character. Additionally, it was one game. There are many more deserving characters (at least 42) who are more deserving.

I'm not saying I hate Geno (Well I do hate him slightly, but my opinion doesn't count; logic does), but at the moment he does NOT stand much of a chance of joining the 42 character roster of Brawl
Deserving is an opinion and can be argued...

as for not the main character, it matters what your definition is because he had more really to do with the story than Mario, who was just kind thrown into all of it..

He stands a good chance with his massive fan base

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

And Logic dictates that Geno has a great chance from his immense popularity.

Also, I find it hilarious you support Paper Mario for Brawl when his game wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Super Mario RPG. In case you didn't know, Paper Mario was originally named Super Mario RPG 2.

Gordie123

Smash Cadet
Usually the people that "Hate" Geno are the ones who have never played the game nor understand what he meant to the game. If people would stop voicing their opinions on a f****** JPEG image of a character, and actually look into them we would not get into these debates. For instance...you claim you kinda hate Geno..but you KINDA did not play his game...thats unbelievable stupid IMO. you have nothing to base an opinion on besides like I said, A PICTURE.

Maybe its just a different generation of people that are to young and ignorant to realize where most of their favorite games originated. (PAPER MARIO COUGH COUGH)

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

and might i add that his Up-B should be Geno Boost? it could be the exact same way you have his Up-B listed, but it should definitely be the Geno Boost.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Usually the people that "Hate" Geno are the ones who have never played the game nor understand what he meant to the game. If people would stop voicing their opinions on a f****** JPEG image of a character, and actually look into them we would not get into these debates. For instance...you claim you kinda hate Geno..but you KINDA did not play his game...thats unbelievable stupid IMO. you have nothing to base an opinion on besides like I said, A PICTURE.
Welcome to SWF....

Sinn

Smash Lord
And Logic dictates that Geno has a great chance from his immense popularity.

Also, I find it hilarious you support Paper Mario for Brawl when his game wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Super Mario RPG. In case you didn't know, Paper Mario was originally named Super Mario RPG 2.

This picture is full of win, and I love it oh so much. I didn't even KNOW that. Wow. Well, now there's physical proof of what I've been saying all along.

I wonder if Geno would have been in that game...

Brawlman

Smash Ace
I have a few words to say to Geno haters: (Quotes are what they say)

"Geno was only in one game!"
*Points to Ice Climbers*

"RPG isn't well known!"
.....................................HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!! You have NO idea what your saying!

"Geno wasn't the main character!"
Correction: There were 5 main characters. Geno was one of them.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
What is a MP3 voucher?
An off topic tangent! :chuckle:

As for Jigsbee, I think that your other arguments can be counteracted with character examples from Melee, but your S/E point is completely valid.

However, I doubt that any one of us knows enough of the relationship between Nintendo and Square or of Square's generosity in loaning character rights to judge how feasible Geno is as a character with any certainty. This is, of course, assuming Sakurai has even approached Square regarding Geno (I personally believe he has).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Enigma14

Smash Champion
You should so exercises specifically with Proportions and poses...after working specifically on that it improved my drawings 10 fold
I don't like that sketch and clean it up bit and just jump straight to the drawing, when I'm in college I'll take human anadomy

Sinn

Smash Lord
Geno vs Sonic...I am conflicted :(

They shoulda had it be Geno vs Bomberman. Or to really make things funny, Sonic vs Ridley. THAT would have gotten ugly.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno vs Sonic...I am conflicted :(

They shoulda had it be Geno vs Bomberman. Or to really make things funny, Sonic vs Ridley. THAT would have gotten ugly.
Go Geno. Sonic has way to many supporters.

Why isn't there a thread where all Geno arguements are kept so that people will finally stop the same argument?

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
Go Geno. Sonic has way to many supporters.

Why isn't there a thread where all Geno arguements are kept so that people will finally stop the same argument?
I don't think Sonic having way too many supporters is much of an argument. As I've seen on these boards, Geno has a lot of support as well; most fans of him are a lot more rabid than Sonic fans, too.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't think Sonic having way too many supporters is much of an argument. As I've seen on these boards, Geno has a lot of support as well; most fans of him are a lot more rabid than Sonic fans, too.
Yeah because there are a lot of Geno haters, so we have to defend him, just look @ my sig.

Snakz

Smash Ace
I love Sonic and all, but he's got plenty of support, so he dont need me, besides i love Geno, i'd go with Geno any day

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well, funny you should ask Enigma, cause im ready for

Geno Model Update #4

No, he's not just a leg amputee! he's a human being!!...actually he just a doll...

The modeling part of this is actually almost done, all i have to do now is the feet and a few touch ups, and then do texturing

If anyone wants to give some advice, technical, artistic, any kind of critique go ahead, ill need it to make Geno look his best!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well, funny you should ask Enigma, cause im ready for

Geno Model Update #4

No, he's not just a leg amputee! he's a human being!!...actually he just a doll...

The modeling part of this is actually almost done, all i have to do now is the feet and a few touch ups, and then do texturing

If anyone wants to give some advice, technical, artistic, any kind of critique go ahead, ill need it to make Geno look his best!
Little details, why does he only have one of his "hairs" sticking out?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Yea, your both right, i cant do the second curl just yet, it does need to be bigger compared to his head, those are all part of the touch ups i need to do towards the end

EDIT: question, do you guys think i should connect the front and back of the cape together?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yea, your both right, i cant do the second curl just yet, it does need to be bigger compared to his head, those are all part of the touch ups i need to do towards the end

EDIT: question, do you guys think i should connect the front and back of the cape together?
Yeah........

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well actually i should've elaborated on that question, should i connect the front and back under his arms, as if there is a hole in the cape for his arms? or should the cape be over his arms just like the official art?

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Well actually i should've elaborated on that question, should i connect the front and back under his arms, as if there is a hole in the cape for his arms? or should the cape be over his arms just like the official art?
I think the cape should be over his arms. It adds to the mystery of his character. ^^

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We need more support...gather together. We're the underdogs in this, the true hero against the mighty evil empire; Those that don't wish to convert to the mindless drones of society: Them who wonder aimlessly, following only the orders of those in power! Them conserned with only monetary value to satisfy their pointless existances for the soul reason of "That's how the world works"...It's because of that atitude of why the world works like that! Capitilist pigs!

Rebel!!! Fight the power!

EVERYONE VOTE FOR GENO IN THE BATTLE THREAD!!!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116117

NOW!!!

Geno has to win, this will prove his superiority!!!

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
We need more support...gather together. We're the underdogs in this, the true hero against the mighty evil empire; Those that don't wish to convert to the mindless drones of society: Them who wonder aimlessly, following only the orders of those in power! Them conserned with only monetary value to satisfy their pointless existances for the soul reason of "That's how the world works"...It's because of that atitude of why the world works like that! Capitilist pigs!

Rebel!!! Fight the power!

EVERYONE VOTE FOR GENO IN THE BATTLE THREAD!!!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116117

NOW!!!

Geno has to win, this will prove his superiority!!!
He could lose. It doesn't mean anything. He still kicks more *** than anyone.

SiD

Smash Master
Lies!!!!

Sonic obviously >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Geno.

My bad, I don't mean to start a flame war.

Uh, Sonic & Geno 4 Brawl!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lies!!!!

Sonic obviously >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Geno.
Your entitled to your own opinion but it is not necessarily true

SiD

Smash Master
I know, not being serious. But I realize the Geno thread is not the place for it, please don't take offense.

I want both SOnic and Geno in Brawl, as they are both teh awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know, not being serious. But I realize the Geno thread is not the place for it, please don't take offense.

I want both SOnic and Geno in Brawl, as they are both teh awesome.
and, of course, I do too

Top Bottom