• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

JesterBox

Smash Ace
He was about the same height as Mario, then again Nintendo character have a habit of randomly changing.

a cool intro for him would be to have a tiny doll drop to the floor then his star form rockets in... a flash of light.... and full size Geno fades in.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
http://smashbrawl.com/2006/08/

I'm sure I posted this before...
Woot! Ike has already been confirmed! Ridley falls under everything sakurai wants to add in to mix the game up, now all we have to wait for is geno!

Geno would have few melee attacks, so McFox is right calling him too lanky. He would kind of be like a Short Samus, but his attacks wouldn't be so projectile...ish
probably not, how I see him, he would be a light (ish) and fast character with short range guns for most of his attacks (short so he isn't banned, his guns arte how he primarily attacked in smrpg), and his specials could be his spells and star gun could be his pecials, since they were powerful and not used constantly thoughout the game.
His FS, predictable would be his best spell, geno flash.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Thanks for the feedback guys

Yes, Geno is short, i know, sorry bout that, he does look kinda tall im my pics now that you mention it

About the shorts, i tried drawing him without them like usual, but it looked weird so after a few times i just said screw it and put shorts on him

And he's not wearing a shirt by the way, thats just a symbol i decided to add on his chest, a little decoration :)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Geno trivia:

What does Geno taste like?
...heh.

I was just in the area and I thought I'd share that I think that... Geno would tie really well into the Subspace Emissary plot. He's practically the same as ( probably ) Pit: Sent by a higher power to assist the other Nintendo stars in their battle against the... the... whatever it is.
That prospect makes me look forward to him even a little more.

Gindor

Smash Ace
...heh.

I was just in the area and I thought I'd share that I think that... Geno would tie really well into the Subspace Emissary plot. He's practically the same as ( probably ) Pit: Sent by a higher power to assist the other Nintendo stars in their battle against the... the... whatever it is.
That prospect makes me look forward to him even a little more.
another very good point, I can't wait for brawl!

YOU WIN! *gives limited edition Geno shaped cookie*
Woot! I hope it's not raisin.

He totally cheated.. ;)
Lies!!11!!1!
peach, was...peachy...
mario was sour.
mallow was sweet.
bowser I forgot.

where on this site is the list?
ive looked through the site for a while and cant find it.
That was what i thought...

I just got my reserve for brawl!
Geno for brawl!
Brawl for the win!

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I hate raisins from far away you say "hazah, for chocolate chip cookies are thy bounty!" then you get close and its "alas for thine cookie are blighted with the acursed grapes of dryness"

Maybe I'll doodle a revamp, maybe more details like some design on his cape/cloak, or a wood grain texture.

Thoughts?

Gindor

Smash Ace
I hate raisins from far away you say "hazah, for chocolate chip cookies are thy bounty!" then you get close and its "alas for thine cookie are blighted with the acursed grapes of dryness"

Maybe I'll doodle a revamp, maybe more details like some design on his cape/cloak, or a wood grain texture.

Thoughts?
Alas, raisins are the bane of enjoyment.

That sounds good

Geno for brawl!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
It doesn't need to be but... *brutally bumps*

With all the good news of Square-Enix and Nintendo being buddy-buddy.... he better be in!

If not... heck, we're still gonna get it.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
They were on Nintendo consoles, weren't they? Forgot about that...
Ok, as much as I hate to admit... Final Fantasy characters are eligible for Brawl. I totally forgot about the 2D ones.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Ok, as much as I hate to admit... Final Fantasy characters are eligible for Brawl. I totally forgot about the 2D ones.
They'd be awesome Ideas, the ones from the games you customize the name and characters would bring an entirely new and cool concept. I personallylike the Kain and Cecil one, it's for the GBA slot of the DS.

Gindor

Smash Ace
It doesn't need to be but... *brutally bumps*

With all the good news of Square-Enix and Nintendo being buddy-buddy.... he better be in!

If not... heck, we're still gonna get it.
If he ain't in, at least as an AT, I wouldn't mind banding with the deoxys (RIP) fans and storming nintendo, not to mention most other threads (that is if their characters don't get in)

If they're buddies, I wonder if Kain from the FF with Cecil is availible...
I don't know about FF characters, they weren't made for fighting gam-*looks at pokemon, FE, metroid, etc. Edit-lol-geno*-sigh, I'm open for enlightenment.

I don't really support FF characters in brawl, but I'm open.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
If he ain't in, at least as an AT, I wouldn't mind banding with the deoxys (RIP) fans and storming nintendo, not to mention most other threads (that is if their characters don't get in)

I don't know about FF characters, they weren't made for fighting gam-*looks at pokemon, FE, metroid, etc. Edit-lol-geno*-sigh, I'm open for enlightenment.

I don't really support FF characters in brawl, but I'm open.
Pokemon... you're saying that's not a fighting game? It pits several animals together in a life or death situation, and whoever wins gets MONEY. It's like dogfighting but with more animals. Metroid.... do I have to explain? you're a girl fighting against a dragon, and a whole lotta other ****. Fire Emblem is a tactical fighting game. FF is well known for their fighting format.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Pokemon... you're saying that's not a fighting game? It pits several animals together in a life or death situation, and whoever wins gets MONEY. It's like dogfighting but with more animals. Metroid.... do I have to explain? you're a girl fighting against a dragon, and a whole lotta other ****. Fire Emblem is a tactical fighting game. FF is well known for their fighting format.
Pokemon is an RPG.

Metroid is an Adventure game.

Byt your deffintion, EVERY GAME EVER is a fighting game. And that's just foolish.

Like Battlechess for the NES. or Tetris. You have to fight to beat your best time!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Pokemon is an RPG.

Metroid is an Adventure game.

Byt your deffintion, EVERY GAME EVER is a fighting game. And that's just foolish.

Like Battlechess for the NES. or Tetris. You have to fight to beat your best time!
Metroid is an Adventure game? There's fighting involved.
Pikachu is actually an RPG, thanks for correcting me. It's just strategy based.

Gindor

Smash Ace
I ment as a real time side scroll type fighting game, not a game where there is fighting. Pokemon and FE are turn based. In metroid, You didn't die from running off the right side of the screen. Anyways, a very large portion of all games have fighting-like conflict and gameplay.

Snakz

Smash Ace
This update, as fasinating as it is, gives me even more hope for Geno, because it shows, even though Geno was a highly requested character, even the most improbable choices can make it to Brawl.

Pretty much saying that the doubters shall feel our wrath the day Geno is confirmed!

Edit: yay, Smash Journeyman, woot!

Gindor

Smash Ace
ughh, after I think about red being in, geno is rather normal and not odd. This will mainly support him by him not being too odd for brawl, but sakurai is picking very crazy styled characters. On the other hand sakurai likes to please the crowds some times.

ughh-sakurai has just shuffled all characters chances of getting in!

Geno for brawl!

Talendime

Smash Ace
This update, as fasinating as it is, gives me even more hope for Geno, because it shows, even though Geno was a highly requested character, even the most improbable choices can make it to Brawl.

Pretty much saying that the doubters shall feel our wrath the day Geno is confirmed!

Edit: yay, Smash Journeyman, woot!
It kind of feels like he already is....

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Gonna do a more detailed picture later.

I thought the revolver arm would change him up a bit, I was think about having something like "I serve I higher authority" engraved on the barrel.

I'm still tossing around the gun arm design. Maybe Ill make a WIP and see were It goes from there.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman

I thought the revolver arm would change him up a bit, I was think about having something like "I serve I higher authority" engraved on the barrel.

I'm still tossing around the gun arm design. Maybe Ill make a WIP and see were It goes from there.
That's actually not all that bad, but I don't seem to like the current gun you have on there. It really doesn't suit Geno in my opinion.

Never pictured him using a gun before.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Geno is more deserving than most characters. Just because his sheer awesomeness.

He REALLY needs new threads if he makes it though.

and last but not least, getting his rights shouldn't be too hard, Look at Mario Hoops 3on3

blayde_axel

Smash Master
1. Mario 3 on 3
2. Square Finally Teaming up for Virtual Console
3. Super Mario RPG coming to VC in late 2007

I think it finally falls into place to have Geno in Brawl. In fact... *goes and changes avatar*

EDIT: Well, no one uses Mallow, so that's good. lol.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
1. Mario 3 on 3
2. Square Finally Teaming up for Virtual Console
3. Super Mario RPG coming to VC in late 2007

I think it finally falls into place to have Geno in Brawl. In fact... *goes and changes avatar*

EDIT: Well, no one uses Mallow, so that's good. lol.
poor Mallow...
you kinda cant help but feel bad for him...
but not really...
Geno for Brawl...

Gindor

Smash Ace

The gun wouldn't fit if it seemed like a current age designed one, his guns were always buit into his arms. His arms never looked like they had guns built in, only when he used one would you see it.
pellet shots-out of fingers
cannon ball-out of elbow
fist rocket-his actually fists
rarely-his arms/hands transform

Also, I know what bugs me about your that pic, his head is too big. I always saw it in normal proportions with his body, but that may be just me.

Great work!
Geno for brawl!

EDIT-mallow = probably an AT (my opinion)

Talendime

Smash Ace
Never pictured him using a gun before.
Like every weapon he gets in the game is a gun dude..Even when he's unarmed he shoots his hand off at lightning speed..

-Finger Shot
-Hand Gun
-Double Punch
-Arm Cannon
-Star Gun

Guns aren't new to Geno.

Top Bottom