• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
- Forest Maze Theme
-Gaz`s mom
/nod, I forgot gaz's mom's theme, any one know where I can hear it.

As for the stage, to match the song the maze would do. Have a scrolling screen in random directions, having stumps, sand and trees (maybe) be platforms, as the death pits can be very big holes, like the ones you can drop down into, but bigger, You can still get sent flying over the horizon and to the sides. And add in some wasps and mushooms to annoy the players if they come too close. How does it sound?

And for the occasion, add a boyer AT.

Talendime

Smash Ace
/nod, I forgot gaz's mom's theme, any one know where I can hear it.

As for the stage, to match the song the maze would do. Have a scrolling screen in random directions, having stumps, sand and trees (maybe) be platforms, as the death pits can be very big holes, like the ones you can drop down into, but bigger, You can still get sent flying over the horizon and to the sides. And add in some wasps and mushooms to annoy the players if they come too close. How does it sound?

And for the occasion, add a boyer AT.

Well, actually, I mean't Gaz's mom as in Geno's fangirl. But either way..

Gindor

Smash Ace
You know if they make forest maze level, they would have to make it more battle or mystic sounding.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vkailb3xcTI&mode=related&search=
this doesn't sound like either and doesn't sound good for battle...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Gb-5CG1sYY
this one has the mystic sound, I would be happy with this.:)

EDIT-D***! every time I hear this I think of the song, might distract me from the fight.
Another good stage might be the top of bowser's castle, with exor attacking everybody, he could be a platform also 9or in the background), and you could stop his eyes and mouth from attacking by damaging them enough, but-Duhn dduhn duhn-they come back to life. what do you think?

EDIT-Do you think the culex battle music would be good fo brawl, I think so.
Do you think culex would ba a good AT?
Look at my sig!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

*Geno has a extended grab range, as when he tries to grab, his hands pop up, and then drag the opponent back to him. This doesn’t help him when trying to grab an edge of a stage though*

Neutral B: Geno holds out his want hand as it seems to transform into a wand. As he does this, three stars will appear over his head each representing an amount of charge. With one star, which is basically no charge at all, only a short thing burst comes out, with very little range. With a second star, the beam becomes thicker, and goes a fair distance farther. With a full charge, the beam is around as tall as Geno, and is about two lengths of Bowser, going slightly farther. The beam is slow, in all of its incarnations, and his little knock back. Instead, they multi-hit the opponents, as they get consumed by the beam.

Forward B: Geno spins around, and a Geno Whirl surrounds him horizontally. After a brief pause, the while extends in range, and disappears, hitting any opponent on either side. The move’s initial animation takes a bit of time, so it’s a fairly slow move. The range is also not very high. It’s damage is moderate, and so is it’s knock back. It the opponent is right in front of Geno, and almost right next to him though, the damage and knockback can be increased a lot, only slightly under Jigglypuff’s rest.

Up B: Geno converts into a spinning star, and has free flight for around 3 seconds. In this form, Geno can’t use any of his normal attacks, but if he presses B again, his star form will spin, which can cause damage to a opponent to close. The speed of the star is fairly small, and it can still get damaged and knocked back, so it isn’t a good idea to go charging in with it. Geno will revert back to normal after the time limit is up, or is he presses into the ground.

Down B: Geno will throw a ball of star dust into the air, much like Yoshi’s eggs. It’s slightly slower, but the horizontal range is much greater than Yoshi’s. When it reaches the top of its arc, the stardust will pop, and a beam will fall straight down. The beams function like standard ground pound moves, but it’s damage is weaker than your average one. Still the damage is moderate, and the speed of decent is near instantaneous. It’s basically a smaller Geno Blast if you don’t get the reference.

Final Smash: Geno transforms himself into a cannon, which has a trajectory that can be toggled. Pressing B will make the cannon fire, and after a fairly short distance, the fired attack will explode in a manner similar to the Geno Flash. Basically, a large orb of energy is created, which has a triangle like effect spinning around it like a razorblade. Anyone who is caught in the initial orb will be severely damaged, and probably KOed at higher percentages. The spinning blade part will also hurt an opponent, but not as much. (Though if they are careless, they can get hit multiple times, or even sucked into the orb) Geno is vulnerable though, as he remains in his cannon stage until the attack dissipates.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Good ideas pieman, I see it this way.

Types of projectile attacks (A)
-pellets-weak/rapid fire. high speed (arcs)
takes up most of his attacks, including aerials
-fingers-decent power/knock back. moderate/fast speed (slight homing effect, instantly regenerates fingers after shot off)
rarer attacks in geno's attacks, ussually the tilt/neutral attacks
-cannon balls-strong, moderate knock back, low/moderate speed (arcs)
ussually the smash attacks

B-geno beam-geno charges just like samus, but slower. With a short charge a thin, weak beam is shot off and stops when it hits a player or a wall. With a medium charge the beam is as tall as geno and stops when it hits a wall dealing moderate damage. With a long charge the beam is as tall as three geno's and isn't stopped by anything dealing high damage. The downside with the move is that only the long charge will have a moderate knockback.

<B>-geno whirl-geno throws a yellow ring in the direction you specify when using this. has a slight/decent homing effect. When geno has over 150-200 damage there is a small chance that it has an incredible increase in knockback and damage.

^B-star gun-geno uses his star gun to spray star shaped bullets in the specified direction. the individual bullet doesn't do much damage, but does stun the foe like the super scope, and lets more bullets hit, doing a decent amount of damage.

VB-geno blast-geno calls down divine energy that hits a five geno width range. It comes down from the sky like pikachu's thunder (also being stopped by platforms) and weakens like bowser's fire to a point of not calling any energy down from the sky.

FS-geno flash-geno turns into a cannon and is delayed a few seconds while you aim and adjust how far the shot will go before bursting. When the shot bursts it traps thos it hits and rapidly builds damage. After a few seconds the sun burst explodes whiting out the screen momentarily and blasting foes caught in and foes around the sun burst far. I agree with pieman that geno should be vunerable while he is in cannon form and until the burst dissipates.

Stats-power-low/moderately low
speed-high
range-marthwise with projectile attacks (most of them), arm length with melees (some neutral, dash, spike, and launching attacks. has high stun and knockback)
size-more or less ness
weight-low
jump-high/decent (too make up for low weight)

Grab-geno shoots his hand foreward almost mimicking link's grapple hook. Can grab onto the stage, his main means of recovering.

Grab hit-geno punches the foe

Foreward throw-geno throws the foe foreward and then fires a few cannon balls at different angles foreword.

Up throw-geno throws the foe upwards and shoots all five fingers upwards at different angles each with a slight homing effect.

Back throw-geno throws the foe backwards and then sprays pellets at them

Down throw-geno jumps upwards throwing the foe beneath him and then shoots many star gun bullets into the foe.

Gindor

Smash Ace
D***, this always happens, but this is important enough for the x2 post!
"Newcomer warning!"-Ike. With an actual new newcomer, we can expect to see more soon.
Let's all hope/pray for geno! He survived the beguining of the AT/pokeball making, (+5 hope) and now it is time for the new newcomers (most likely him).
GENO FOR BRAWL!!!!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Good ideas pieman, I see it this way.

Types of projectile attacks (A)
-pellets-weak/rapid fire. high speed (arcs)
takes up most of his attacks, including aerials
-fingers-decent power/knock back. moderate/fast speed (slight homing effect, instantly regenerates fingers after shot off)
rarer attacks in geno's attacks, ussually the tilt/neutral attacks
-cannon balls-strong, moderate knock back, low/moderate speed (arcs)
ussually the smash attacks

B-geno beam-geno charges just like samus, but slower. With a short charge a thin, weak beam is shot off and stops when it hits a player or a wall. With a medium charge the beam is as tall as geno and stops when it hits a wall dealing moderate damage. With a long charge the beam is as tall as three geno's and isn't stopped by anything dealing high damage. The downside with the move is that only the long charge will have a moderate knockback.

<B>-geno whirl-geno throws a yellow ring in the direction you specify when using this. has a slight/decent homing effect. When geno has over 150-200 damage there is a small chance that it has an incredible increase in knockback and damage.

^B-star gun-geno uses his star gun to spray star shaped bullets in the specified direction. the individual bullet doesn't do much damage, but does stun the foe like the super scope, and lets more bullets hit, doing a decent amount of damage.

VB-geno blast-geno calls down divine energy that hits a five geno width range. It comes down from the sky like pikachu's thunder (also being stopped by platforms) and weakens like bowser's fire to a point of not calling any energy down from the sky.

FS-geno flash-geno turns into a cannon and is delayed a few seconds while you aim and adjust how far the shot will go before bursting. When the shot bursts it traps thos it hits and rapidly builds damage. After a few seconds the sun burst explodes whiting out the screen momentarily and blasting foes caught in and foes around the sun burst far. I agree with pieman that geno should be vunerable while he is in cannon form and until the burst dissipates.

Stats-power-low/moderately low
speed-high
range-marthwise with projectile attacks (most of them), arm length with melees (some neutral, dash, spike, and launching attacks. has high stun and knockback)
size-more or less ness
weight-low
jump-high/decent (too make up for low weight)

Grab-geno shoots his hand foreward almost mimicking link's grapple hook. Can grab onto the stage, his main means of recovering.

Grab hit-geno punches the foe

Foreward throw-geno throws the foe foreward and then fires a few cannon balls at different angles foreword.

Up throw-geno throws the foe upwards and shoots all five fingers upwards at different angles each with a slight homing effect.

Back throw-geno throws the foe backwards and then sprays pellets at them

Down throw-geno jumps upwards throwing the foe beneath him and then shoots many star gun bullets into the foe.
Star Gun? it had to be a 3rd jump, why not use Geno Boost?

Plus i think the throws need to be simplfied a little more, you got too many pellet shooting goin on, i'd say just keep forward throw shooting pellets and the rest of them relatively normal.

I like the grab idea, i think it should have half the reach of Link's hookshot, but it should have slightly more lag than most grabs, but less than Samus' and Link's.

But other than that, everything else looks cool, although i'd say he's not really a lightweight, probably closer to middle weight.

I wana give my list of some of Geno's A moves if ya don't mind

A - punch

AA - double punch

AAA (repeating) - rapid fire, short range pellets

F tilt - Double Shot, basically leans forward and shoots his hands for a short range

F Smash - Star Gun, hand transforms unto wand and fires several stars, kinda like Zelda's forward smash

D tilt - Side kick, kinda the same as Ness' d tilt, but a little more knockback and more lag

D Smash - It's kinda hard to think of a good down smash for Geno, i can't think of any good ones...

U tilt - Double air punch, again like Ness' u tilt

U Smash - Hand Cannon, he bends his elbows and points it straight up, shooting 1-3 small sized cannon balls depending on how long you hold the smash. If you dont hold it, you only shoot one, if you hold it all the way, it shoots three.

That's all i got for now

Gindor

Smash Ace
Star Gun? it had to be a 3rd jump, why not use Geno Boost?

Plus i think the throws need to be simplfied a little more, you got too many pellet shooting goin on, i'd say just keep forward throw shooting pellets and the rest of them relatively normal.

I like the grab idea, i think it should have half the reach of Link's hookshot, but it should have slightly more lag than most grabs, but less than Samus' and Link's.

But other than that, everything else looks cool, although i'd say he's not really a lightweight, probably closer to middle weight.
yoshi's egg toss wasn't really a third jump either.
geno boost =/= flying
geno boost = attack/defence boost

Geno never really showed any kind atributes of flying except when his spirit left the doll, so I guess he would use high jumping, and a grapple punch to return to the field.

Snakz

Smash Ace
yoshi's egg toss wasn't really a third jump either.
geno boost =/= flying
geno boost = attack/defence boost

Geno never really showed any kind atributes of flying except when his spirit left the doll, so I guess he would use high jumping, and a grapple punch to return to the field.
Yea, i know what Genno boost does, i just figured if your gonna give Geno a third jump, it might as well be called Geno Boost

Besides, Bowser aint the kind of guy you'd expect to have any kind of flying attributes and he's got a third jump, so why not give Geno a more horizontal third jump recovery rather than vertical if it bothers you

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
geno boost =/= flying
And PK Thunder, Quick Attack, Agility, and Dolphin Slash don't either. Yet, there they are, all as third jumps. Heck, Agility was a stat boost too. PK Thunder, prior to smash, wasn't even useable by Ness and was the most uncontrollable spell in Paula's arsenal. Yet it's the most controllable special move we have access to.

While the general trend for third jumps tends to be realistic or invented, the development team isn't completely above the idea of tweaking moves to make them third-jump-esque (like the ones I mentioned).

Gindor

Smash Ace
Yea, i know what Genno boost does, i just figured if your gonna give Geno a third jump, it might as well be called Geno Boost

Besides, Bowser aint the kind of guy you'd expect to have any kind of flying attributes and he's got a third jump, so why not give Geno a more horizontal third jump recovery rather than vertical if it bothers you
it doesn't really bother me, I would just rather see him fully reprisented, if ther would be a third jump, I see most fitting would be him rocket punching downward, causing him to go upward. algus underdunk on deviant art thought of it.

EDIT-on the other hand, any third jump will do, just as long as I get my guns and magic. :)-but i would like to see less of a chance for boost to be his third jump...
Also why I put the star gun as one of his specials, is because it is his ultimate weapon, and deserves more than an A attack

Snakz

Smash Ace
And PK Thunder, Quick Attack, Agility, and Dolphin Slash don't either. Yet, there they are, all as third jumps. Heck, Agility was a stat boost too. PK Thunder, prior to smash, wasn't even useable by Ness and was the most uncontrollable spell in Paula's arsenal. Yet it's the most controllable special move we have access to.

While the general trend for third jumps tends to be realistic or invented, the development team isn't completely above the idea of tweaking moves to make them third-jump-esque (like the ones I mentioned).
QFT

@Gindor

It doesn't really matter to me what the third is called or what it does (as long as it's not lame of course :p), it just seems fitting that all the other attacks have official names from SMRPG, so why not his ^B, thats all

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hi there, fellow supporters of Geno. Here's a little sequence I've been working on. It's a remix of "Forest Maze" from SMRPG. I suppose it would fit well for a stage in Brawl should Geno make it onto the playable roster. It's not the best of sequences, simply because my equipment is as basic as can be (huzzah for Anvil Studio!). Critiques--as well as any fixing you do on your own--is fine by me; just let me know about them, haha. Enjoy! =)

http://www.vgmusic.com/new-files/Forest_Maze_-_SSBB_Remix.mid

Gindor

Smash Ace
*jaw drops* I was goind to say at the beguining it was too loud and didn't fit the mysteriousness of the forest maze, but! *utter silence in presence of awesomeness*
I can't wait to hear that orchistrated. (insert congragulating phrase that doesn't I can't think of)

Geno for brawl! (fyi-I will be listening to this for a while now)

what do you guys think about a smrpg stage based on the two towers at the top of bowsers castle, with exor included as platforms, and attacker (shoots projectiles at players). You can also damage exor if both eyes are down, and in that case, he sucks everyone in and insta KOs them.

Edit-ahem, I forgot...DON'T STOP WORKING ON THAT GOLD FOR THE EARS!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
*jaw drops* I was goind to say at the beguining it was too loud and didn't fit the mysteriousness of the forest maze, but! *utter silence in presence of awesomeness*
I can't wait to hear that orchistrated. (insert congragulating phrase that doesn't I can't think of)

Geno for brawl! (fyi-I will be listening to this for a while now)

what do you guys think about a smrpg stage based on the two towers at the top of bowsers castle, with exor included as platforms, and attacker (shoots projectiles at players). You can also damage exor if both eyes are down, and in that case, he sucks everyone in and insta KOs them.

Edit-ahem, I forgot...DON'T STOP WORKING ON THAT GOLD FOR THE EARS!!!
Wow, thanks so much! I feel so proud. :grin: I'm so glad that you like it! The orchestration is "light bombast" as I like to call it: strings, timpani, brass, and percussion for "bombast". The xylophone is used to keep things "light" and capture the somewhat whimsical air of SMRPG. Plus, Ms. Shimomura is so darn fond of it that it's hard to pass up in a sequence of one of her tunes. ;)

Neat idea about the stage! I can almost guarantee that Sakurai and company would take advantage of the opportunity to include Geno by also including a stage. On the other hand, it might cost them more money should they license other characters and/or locations for use in said stage. Just something to think about.

Gindor

Smash Ace
You should be proud, I'm composing orchestra music, while playing violin, but I don't think I'm that good though.

I do think if geno is going to be in, they will probably make a stage more connected to him, in which great smrpg boss music and the forest maze music will be played. Smithy music = rocks (1st and 2nd phase)

I'm still listening to that remix!

EDIT-(it needs something...the beguining needs to be more quiet, to introduse the theme, then it needs to break from that and get loud. Then, including the fact that it will probably play over and over when your playing, it should go between the two, but stay longer in the loud style)

Conner

Smash Journeyman
GENO 4 BRAWL! GENO 4 BRAWL! GENO 4 BRAWL! WOOT!

Your moveset completely rocks McFox! If Geno was in Brawl , along with Sonic and Megaman , I'd it buy 5 minutes after it hits the shelves!

GENO 4 BRAWL
MEGAMAN 4 BRAWL
SONIC 4 BRAWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gindor

Smash Ace
GENO 4 BRAWL! GENO 4 BRAWL! GENO 4 BRAWL! WOOT!

Your moveset completely rocks McFox! If Geno was in Brawl , along with Sonic and Megaman , I'd it buy 5 minutes after it hits the shelves!
Good luck, me and many others will have been waiting since sunrise!

Geno for brawl!
Feirce deity for brawl!
Toad for brawl!
Krystal for brawl!
Dark samus for brawl!
Ridley for brawl!
Uploadable music for brawl!
Online play for brawl!
Low prices for brawl!
Brawl for the win!

Talendime

Smash Ace
I think those new clothes would kind of ruin his being as a character. It would make it seem like a new, made-up character. Kind of like what they did with Wario.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm sorry,but I don't think Geno has very good chance at all. Why do you guys he does?(not be a jerk or anything,I just want to know)

JesterBox

Smash Ace
1. Rank in poll
2. Big fan base (Japan and America)
3. Very original character
4. Play SMRPG, and you will know.
5. SMRPG is still wildly popular.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Well I think they well do a bit a Revamp of Geno, probabley not as much as Pit.
A little bit f an ubdate would do, but not too much of one to preserve his slight retro-ness.

I'm sorry,but I don't think Geno has very good chance at all. Why do you guys he does?(not be a jerk or anything,I just want to know)
He's awesome and hasn't gotten the respect squeenix needs to give him, and it would be awesome for his comeback to in one of the potentially best games ever!

How I see it he has less of a fanbase and chance than others, but he sure isn't low on the list, infact he is at a pretty decent level.

-characters he has a higher chance of-
petey pirana
waluigi (I sadly must admit he has a low chance even hough i support him)
koopa troopa/kid-I was surprised too when I heard people were supporting him
normal form deoxys-miniscule chance of him getting in
various pokemon (not lucario though)
toad maybe?

Did I forget any? I know there is a lot more...

Gindor

Smash Ace
Maybe we should make a list of these characters.

Basically, geno is not the king fanbase/style wise, but he isn't low, infact he is awesome! He is just beaten by uber populars' fanbase like ridley's and krystal's (which i both support, but more for krystal).

Geon for brawl!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ok, so I just found out that Square-Enix is not only making games for VC, but they have officially announced that Super Mario RPG is coming to VC before 2007. So I wonder if this increases Geno's or Mallow's chances of being in.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Ok, so I just found out that Square-Enix is not only making games for VC, but they have officially announced that Super Mario RPG is coming to VC before 2007. So I wonder if this increases Geno's or Mallow's chances of being in.
I think it might, due to the small chance that nintendo would count geno/mallow as 3rd party. With squeenix actually agreeing to that, I think it might confirm that geno/mallow wouldn't be 3rd party, and might change nintendos views on if he's 3rd party.
I know its been said many times that it would be easy for nintendo to get the rights to use geno as a not 3rd party character and at all, but anything is possible.

Geno for brawl!

Snakz

Smash Ace
Just a quick note on Geno's apearance...

I made some designs a while ago of Geno that are still classic you could say, but a little more modern, i think they'd would great models for Geno appearance if he makes it in, if you guys wana see them, just say the word :)

As for the VC thing, thats awesome, and honestly, i dont Sqaure cares that much about Geno considering he made a smal cameo in one of those more recent mario rpg games, i cant remember which though >.>

My point is, im not sain they'd just give away Geno copyrights to nintendo, but I get the impression they wouldn't really mind if Sakurai adds him in without taking a 3rd party slot.

But if thats not the case (im probably wrong anyway, i usually am :) ) then im all for Geno taking a 3rd party slot over anyone, anyday, even sonic (though only slightly).

Gindor

Smash Ace
I would like to see those designs, and I doubt others don't.

That vc wil probably be the first one I buy. RIP my snes.

I wouldn't mind if he took another's 3rd party slot also, but I doubt sonic won't make it in.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vdFwom89sEQ some good evidence, though not solid
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105385&page=64 moon monkey's post (along with others) is a joke, but looks very real, even when compared to the real one at smashbros.com . I have yet to make the pic big and see if it is true.

Snakz

Smash Ace
alright cool, ya might have to wait till tomorrow though, i dont have access to the scanner tonight...

Edit: BTW, that pic of the sonic logo is fake, if you look at it compared to the real screenshot, you can see there's nothing clear there

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Just a quick note on Geno's apearance...

I made some designs a while ago of Geno that are still classic you could say, but a little more modern, i think they'd would great models for Geno appearance if he makes it in, if you guys wana see them, just say the word :)

As for the VC thing, thats awesome, and honestly, i dont Sqaure cares that much about Geno considering he made a smal cameo in one of those more recent mario rpg games, i cant remember which though >.>

My point is, im not sain they'd just give away Geno copyrights to nintendo, but I get the impression they wouldn't really mind if Sakurai adds him in without taking a 3rd party slot.

But if thats not the case (im probably wrong anyway, i usually am :) ) then im all for Geno taking a 3rd party slot over anyone, anyday, even sonic (though only slightly).
Really nice drawings, Snakz!

Re: Geno's cameo. In the credits, it is stated that "Geno is a licensed trademark [or something to that effect] of Square-Enix [or whatever they were at the time]." It sounds to me as though Geno would count as a third-party character, were he to be included in Brawl.

Top Bottom