• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Hejiru

Smash Ace
What is so great about Geno? I don't think he has much chance to be in Brawl... too insignificant. (Don't kill me, Geno fans)

JesterBox

Smash Ace
The revolver thing was just a way to add something a little new to his gun arm.

I always kind of pictured his hands sliding in and the gun coming out.

if it looks like he's actaully holding a gun, that's not what I meant.

The right hand is his transformed gun hand (which only comes out when he is using it), the left is just him pointing a finger like a gun. (since his fingers shoot)

His head is pretty big.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Like every weapon he gets in the game is a gun dude..Even when he's unarmed he shoots his hand off at lightning speed..

-Finger Shot
-Hand Gun
-Double Punch
-Arm Cannon
-Star Gun

Guns aren't new to Geno.
Yes, but you really don't see Geno holding on to any Revolvers in the game.

He isn't a gun slinger.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Geno is pimp! I'd love to have him along with Mallow!

Also, Geno was a popular character on Sakurai's Poll, along with Mallow and such...

Plus, hes original. I'd love to have him.

Also, imagine the Brawl artwork.. I can see how they lowered his head size a bit and make his clothes more ragged and stuff... <333

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Ok, your still not getting me. The gun works just like the game, It slides in and out of his arm when he uses it. The only difference is that there a revolver-like bullet wheel.

illustration:

i never meant to convey that he was holding anything.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
He shoots little bebe things, the revolver part is just to look cool, man, if it's that confusing ill just get rid of it...

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
The revolver thing was just a way to add something a little new to his gun arm.

I always kind of pictured his hands sliding in and the gun coming out.

if it looks like he's actaully holding a gun, that's not what I meant.

The right hand is his transformed gun hand (which only comes out when he is using it), the left is just him pointing a finger like a gun. (since his fingers shoot)

His head is pretty big.
Dayum! His head is big! My apologies, he just looks wrong to me whith that big of a head.

Yes, but you really don't see Geno holding on to any Revolvers in the game.

He isn't a gun slinger.
Yeah, the divine aid wouldn't use real technological guns, but hard to beleive, fantasy , almost magical ones. plus, i like all of his weapon ideas from smrpg. :)

Geno is pimp! I'd love to have him along with Mallow!

Also, Geno was a popular character on Sakurai's Poll, along with Mallow and such...

Plus, hes original. I'd love to have him.

Also, imagine the Brawl artwork.. I can see how they lowered his head size a bit and make his clothes more ragged and stuff... <333
I can't wait! But I do disagree about mallow slightly...

Ok, your still not getting me. The gun works just like the game, It slides in and out of his arm when he uses it. The only difference is that there a revolver-like bullet wheel.

illustration:

i never meant to convey that he was holding anything.
*shrug* I see now, but it is not in his flavor. He's bada** enough that he doesn't need a real gun.

So which one would be better? A SMRPG sequel or Geno in Smash Bros? Cause, either way, I just want to see some NEW official artwork for Geno... or even Marshmallow.
I can't wait for that either!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EvB-lIcHHPQ&mode=related&search=

Truth about Super Mario RPG. I love the Geno part.
My fave part! /agree 100%

Gindor

Smash Ace
personally I think that only his cape/hat nude doll form would do him, or at least to classicalness. His shining days of smrpg need to be represented.

Oh-to a someone who I have forgotten your name-I finnally got that that was a star symbol, not a shirt, but geno didn't weild the pure power of the star road, he only saved it.
Thinking about it now, he was probably one of the middle/lower ranking divine warriors/messengers, so he wouldn't really deserve pure star power as the higher ranks would more, but this is only speculation.

Geno for brawl!

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
i think its too late for geno, there's more deserving chars, maybe as an assist trophy
Just curious... This has always bugged me when people say that about ANY character. What do you mean by too late?

You do realize that by this time all the character in Brawl are added, and we have no clue about who ALL of the Newcomers will be. That's like saying it's too late for Luigi just because we don't have a profile...

Talendime

Smash Ace
You do realize that by this time all the character in Brawl are added, and we have no clue about who ALL of the Newcomers will be. That's like saying it's too late for Luigi just because we don't have a profile...
Which makes me sort of consider how stupid and pointless it is for us to have all these little pictures in our sigs all the time and say "___ for brawl!" at the end of all our posts. Like, who the hell were we convincing in the first place? What the hell are we doing?

But maybe not..

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Which makes me sort of consider how stupid and pointless it is for us to have all these little pictures in our sigs all the time and say "___ for brawl!" at the end of all our posts. Like, who the hell were we convincing in the first place? What the hell are we doing?

But maybe not..
Well, it may be pointless, but it's no different than showing support for your pick for president, or Mayor or Governor and such.

Pretty much just that. Brawl is an election, and we are supporting out candidates. ^_^

Talendime

Smash Ace
Well, it may be pointless, but it's no different than showing support for your pick for president, or Mayor or Governor and such.

Pretty much just that. Brawl is an election, and we are supporting out candidates. ^_^
It would be pointless to put a sign in your lawn after the election was already over though.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
It would be pointless to put a sign in your lawn after the election was already over though.
This is true of the whole "election", but we are keeping our signs up until we get the results. The "election" part is over now, but we don't know who won. So we keep our signs up till we know if we've supported winner or not. It's almost like we are getting backwards results as now and then Sakurai says things like: "And the Winner is.... NOT SAMURAI GOROH!"

Gindor

Smash Ace
I prefer Mallow... geno is way too obscure and forgotten.
obscure and forgotten = nothing, sakurai is random-

Ok... You say that... but How many games since has Mallow made an appearance in? Also, How many mentions did Mallow receive on Sakurai's poll?

Mallow is FAR more obscure and forgotten than Geno.
-anyways agree with this

i think its too late for geno, there's more deserving chars, maybe as an assist trophy
He is very deserving, but if the AT is the way he'll get in, i would be happy, but even more as a PC.

Just curious... This has always bugged me when people say that about ANY character. What do you mean by too late?

QFT

This is true of the whole "election", but we are keeping our signs up until we get the results. The "election" part is over now, but we don't know who won. So we keep our signs up till we know if we've supported winner or not. It's almost like we are getting backwards results as now and then Sakurai says things like: "And the Winner is.... NOT SAMURAI GOROH!"
QFT

geno for brawl!

Vali

Smash Ace
Actually it's more like a dictatorship which has pervaded the illusion to the masses that they are free to "vote" in a an "election". People can show their loyalty all they like, but it won't affect who is Brawl whatsoever. Like an election which is rigged by whoever is in power at the time. In that case, it'd be pointless to put a sign in your lawn even during the election.

It's not too late for Geno and it never was or ever will be. Geno will be in if Sakurai deemed him worthy to be included and while it may seem that there's an infinite scales of grey on if a character is in or not it's indeed quite binary. 1's and 0's. Of course that's just on if they will actually be in the game or not, they possibly could be attributed "chances" of appearing on the merits of the character. If you also believe in determinism (we have no control over our actions whatsoever) which becomes more plausible the more you try to debunk it, the future can never happen any other way and so the Brawl roster would always be the same thus rending chances useless. Or at least that's my take on things.

Anyway, enough with the things that make the brain ache, I'm just hoping that Sakurai gave Geno the 1 and not the 0 ^^.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been said, but in the latest ESRB report, SMRPG had a rating, basically confirming that it will come to VC sometime in 2007. And what better way to advertise the game by posting a "new challenger approaches" for Geno the same day that it comes to VC? Ok, maybe this is a bit far fetched, but its better than nothing, right?

And if Geno does come, he is definitely the first character that I will main.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I don't know if this has been said, but in the latest ESRB report, SMRPG had a rating, basically confirming that it will come to VC sometime in 2007. And what better way to advertise the game by posting a "new challenger approaches" for Geno the same day that it comes to VC? Ok, maybe this is a bit far fetched, but its better than nothing, right?

I swear, he'd be unique, being a puppet, shooting stars, shooting disks, what else is there to love? XD

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
What makes Geno so significant? What has he done to receive such praise and approval?
I looked him up on Google and there isn't s*** on this guy at all?

jus sayin'

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
What makes Geno so significant? What has he done to receive such praise and approval?
I looked him up on Google and there isn't s*** on this guy at all?

jus sayin'
There's a reason they call you a Smash n00b...

He's probably just a cult favorite, is all, since he's a very powerful character in Super Mario RPG.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Is it just me, or would Geno be perfect for the Subspace Emissary?

Like, imagine the grand star council looking down on the events happening on earth. They decide that the world needs help, so they send Geno back.

Cut to Metaknight’s ship booming over Hyrule, where Link and Yoshi have been fighting off Primids and such, then all of a sudden, the ancient minister drops the bomb… ROBs unleash it, but this time Ridley appears and blasts Yoshi and Samus 10 feet back, then, before he can be finished off a beam of light falls from the sky….

Geno!

Then you play a nice 1on1 Geno vs Ridley.

Oh and Star Road would be a wicked stage.

Sinn

Smash Lord

Like, imagine the grand star council looking down on the events happening on earth. They decide that the world needs help, so they send Geno back.
I think your idea is filled with win and w00t. That's like two w's.

baheffron, that's news I hadn't heard of, and I'm quite pleased to hear it. Now if only we knew WHEN that was going to happen...Geno is one of my top picks to be included...

Gindor

Smash Ace
A very lazy and poorly done coloration.
Woot!

Nice coloring..

I should work on my Geno drawing a bit..

Also, you forgot the cord connecting his yellow/blue cape.
QFT

QFT, me too!

Cut to Metaknight’s ship booming over Hyrule, where Link and Yoshi have been fighting off Primids and such, then all of a sudden, the ancient minister drops the bomb… ROBs unleash it, but this time Ridley appears and blasts Yoshi and Samus 10 feet back, then, before he can be finished off a beam of light falls from the sky….

Geno!

Then you play a nice 1on1 Geno vs Ridley.

Oh and Star Road would be a wicked stage.
QFA (A = awesome)
but a better stage I would think, would be the top of bowser's keep, you know when exor was there, or the forest for his classic-ness and addictive tune, by the way, how is the redone forest tune coming?

Geno for brawl!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well, the first place you ever meet him is in the Forest Maze...so wouldn't that be a good possible choice too? Though Exor shaking the stage would be a pretty neat stage effect. But having arrows rain from the sky periodically that stun you is also cool <3

Top Bottom