• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yes this is my favorite topic. I heard somewhere that Sakurai said that he was considering Geno as a first party character. That means that another slot could be used for a third party!
On the internet, "I heard somewhere" equates to "someone somewhere made this up:".

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
And what I mean is that he WOULDN'T be considered first party by Sakurai, because someone made that up and you believed it. I'm fully aware that Geno is third party, I'm the one who emailed Square about it in the first place (here, anyway).

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
i agree with that just because geno is from the mario verse does not mean he will be considered a first party character square owns him and who knows they may lend him to nintendo again like in superstar saga otherwise sad as it is there is a good chance that we will not see geno in brawl

P.S. if not in i will be ticked

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
It's a support thread. The larger it is, the better IMO. Most people skip to the end anyways. not everyone posting here was here from the beginning.

Personally I like it the way it is. 100+ pages makes me smiles.

[offtopic]Ps. Hey, McFox, whats with the June 30 thing in the mods avatars?[/offtopic]

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Quite frankly, with Sakurai hinting that there may be additional third-party characters, and the overwhelming support for Geno to be put in the game, I'd be flabbergasted to NOT see him in Brawl. 'The glove fits', is all I'm saying.

Sure, there are plenty of other third-party characters that could make the cut, but I think Geno has a little extra support, thus giving him a bit of an edge. After all, he was introduced to the world as a part of the Mario franchise, even if it was developed by Square.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Keep in mind, Wario and Diddy Kong were shoe-ins for Melee, so don't expect ANYTHING from the roster at this point. As far as I'm concerned, not even Luigi is confirmed yet.

And Darkfur, it's magic.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
man. Geno is the coolest. They'd just have to make sure that he's not broken (a geno beam would be pretty crazy)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Of course, I understand that everything's still up-in-the-air at this point, but regardless, I'd be suprised to look at the roster and not see him there, similar to the situation with Ridley (but to an even greater extent). Next to Sonic, he has more support than pretty much any other character, and I'd even consider Geno a more valid candidate for a spot than him (though Sonic will be in a Mario cross-over game soon).

In regards to Wario and Diddy, there could be several different legitimate reasons as to why they didn't catch the fight in Melee. I'm going to go with either lack of time or lack of interest. Wario has only recently been acknowledged as his own compelling character, and, with all due respect, Diddy isn't the greenest patch of grass in the field.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I've tried getting the mods attention on a few other threads, I'll try once more. If I make a thread similiar to McFox's Picks, and include reasons + artwork will you mods get mad at me?

And also Geno pwnz Rawk Hawk

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
You know, it was really just a joke, but now that I think about it, Rawk would be a pretty good character for Brawl, too.

Noone tops the RRRRRRAAAAAAWWWWWWKKKK

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Just finished playing SMRPG again, realized how awesome Geno is. Geno for Brawl!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Topic:
Geno - best representative for Square? =O
It'd be a photo-finish between him and a representative of Chrono Trigger (most likely Chrono, although I'd prefer Frog for originality's sake). Still, I'd vote for Geno, but I could come up with a million reasons for why I'd go with either side. Geno's greatest point being that his character is tightly knit with the Mario series.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
If geno come into brawl, the only way for him to be a good represention is to have most of his A move projectiles (make them short range so he isn't banned on his first day at a tournament), each from all his gun type weapons. His smash attacks could represent his cannon for example. His B moves each being one of his spells, geno flash being his final smash (as said before). He would rarely melee the enemy, like when he dash attacks. His grab could be him firing off his hand to grab the foe and it would work like link's grappling hook, and even when he grab hits the foe, he would use the pellet gun. When he throws his foe he would also shoot themafter throwing them, or maybe use his gun to launch them in the desired direction with his gun. Geno just needs his guns and magic and I'm happy.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
If geno come into brawl, the only way for him to be a good represention is to have most of his A move projectiles (make them short range so he isn't banned on his first day at a tournament), each from all his gun type weapons. His smash attacks could represent his cannon for example. His B moves each being one of his spells, geno flash being his final smash (as said before). He would rarely melee the enemy, like when he dash attacks. His grab could be him firing off his hand to grab the foe and it would work like link's grappling hook, and even when he grab hits the foe, he would use the pellet gun. When he throws his foe he would also shoot themafter throwing them, or maybe use his gun to launch them in the desired direction with his gun. Geno just needs his guns and magic and I'm happy.
Your idea for the throw is cool, but too slow, in 2 player, you'll have trouble hitting the opponent, and in 3+, not only will hitting the opponent with that would be a problem, but the fact that it gives more time for the other people to hit you.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Your idea for the throw is cool, but too slow, in 2 player, you'll have trouble hitting the opponent, and in 3+, not only will hitting the opponent with that would be a problem, but the fact that it gives more time for the other people to hit you.
When geno grabs the foe, he could get his arm ready to fire pellets just as he grabs the foe. when he shoots the pellets as his grab hit (do you know the right term for that action), he could fire off only a few pellets in the same time somebody else would do their grab hit. the pellet shot would be used other places. also, the designers could speed up the throw maybe.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
All of his moves don't need to be projectiles (his B moves, sure). Keep in mind that he did use a couple of melee attacks (one during the cutscene right before the Bowyer fight), so implementing some actual fist-fighting into his moveset shouldn't be that difficult.

Besides, who wants to just sit there and shoot people in a game that requires you to get your hands dirty? I want to punch some Pokemon in the face!

Gindor

Smash Ace
Oh i meant hitting with the grab.
Remember also the fact that the fist rocket was one of his "guns", so I would think that it would fire fast, not as fast as link's grapple hook. Maybe it could have just a tad more range than the hook to make up for it?

And to copperpot, because I still am a nOOb and don't know how to double quote yet. his neutral, dash, and his grab hit (maybe on second thought) could be melees for the most part.

I just thought of something, his star gun was his ultimate, so it would be unfitting to be able to spam it with his other gun attacks. Maybe it could replace one of his B moves.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Remember also the fact that the fist rocket was one of his "guns", so I would think that it would fire fast, not as fast as link's grapple hook. Maybe it could have just a tad more range than the hook to make up for it?

Ant to copperpot, because I still am a nOOb and don't know how to doulble quote yet. his neutral, dash, and his grab hit could be melees (maybe on second thought).

I just thought of something, his star gun was his ultimate, so it would be unfitting to be able to spam it with his other gun attacks. Maybe it could replace one of his B moves.
See multiqoute? Click on all the ones you want to quote and click Add reply.

Top Bottom