• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
What are you people talking about? The ONLY Square character that has a GHOST of a chance of making it IS Geno. I will personally guarantee that the situation of there being a playable Squeenix character and Geno as an AT will not happen. If Square does have a representative, it will be Geno.

REMEMBER, Nintendo was not planning to go to the biggest companies and get representatives from each company just to be nice and spread the love. Everyone's crying "Snake's a Konami rep!", which is technically true, but Nintendo did NOT go to Konami and say "Hey, who do you think best represents your company, and we'll put him in the game." Sakurai talked to Hideo Kojima and Kojima said "Hey, I really like Smash, and I think Snake should be in the game." Sakurai said "Hey, that's an excellent idea," and they got the lawyers for the companies to work it out.

If Sakurai thinks that it's a cool idea for Geno to be in the game, it's going to happen. He's basically got almost complete creative control over this game. Remember, he was going to leave Nintendo to work on other projects, and then Nintendo said "Wait, before you go, PLEASE make one more Smash Brothers!" If Sakurai wants Geno (and remember, he's pretty interested in Geno, and he mentioned him in the poll the second-most number of times), then he's going to get him. Square isn't going to say "Well, Cloud or Chrono would be a better representative for Square." He isn't going to get REPRESENTATIVES FOR COMPANIES. This is where most of SWF has deeply flawed thinking. The flaw comes in thinking that character are REPRESENTING something, be it a franchise or a company. No. Sakurai chooses the characters that he thinks would be the best for the game, and that's it. If Square tries to push Chrono on him, he isn't going to do it, because he was asking for Geno, and that's it.

My hopes for Geno at least APPEARING in the game have increased exponentially. I'm not sure he'll make playable character, but I'm fairly certain that he'll make an AT at the very least, along with other high-placed poll characters who aren't going to make the playable cut.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
ive never played Super Mario RPG...
but everyone i know who has played it says its one of their all-time favorite games...
i know ill be getting it when they add it to the Virtual Console...
i think it would be sweet to see Geno in Brawl...

powerchord89

Smash Rookie
first of all, i think it's hilarious when people mention cloud for SSBB. He is in no way associated with nintendo.
I think Geno will be a great addition to brawl because he represents a very popular and memorable mario game. Since Mario RPG came out, it seems to have been forgotten by nintendo, but its fanbase seems to be huge. Adding Geno as a PLAYABLE character would acknowledge a very unique and important game in ninendo history.
I'm horrified of the day when i finally play brawl. I'm afraid to use an assist trophy and see geno pop out. I think i just might cry.

In conclusion, GENO IS AWESOME, AND HE WILL MAKE BRAWL SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE FOR SO MANY FANS!!!

also, McFox is my hero too.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ive never played Super Mario RPG...
but everyone i know who has played it says its one of their all-time favorite games...
i know ill be getting it when they add it to the Virtual Console...
i think it would be sweet to see Geno in Brawl...
i'm like you. i really never knew geno until i signed up for this site. i've had chances to play it, but never got far enough. i wish cause it seems like a cool game, and geno seems like a cool character.

having never played super mario rpg, i think it says a lot that i would perfer geno over sonic or megaman as a third party rep anyday

Brawlman

Smash Ace
I've never played Mario RPG, but my friend has. His favorite character was Geno. He showed me a possible moveset for him (Forgot where it was.) and I instantly thought that he could be in Brawl. If there was more room in my sig, I'd put Geno in it

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
I've never played RPG either. I tried getting my hands on it, but I failed.. And such a great game, too. Maybe Paper Mario was based after this? I mean, they're both RPGS, but I know I know, RPG was WAY better than paper mario. A friend had that game, and as soon as I saw Geno, I though: "Holy crap on a stick, that guy's one mean *** kicking machine. He was awesome, although I can't quite remember what attacks he had.

I agree with everyone saying he should be in brawl, as for playing as him, hell I'd play as all of them but maybe Geno'll be one of my mains *If he does appear, he better, for Sakurai's sake*

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Paper Mario series was a descendent of Super Mario RPG, seeing as how RPG was developed by Square. After Square split with Nintendo, Nintendo developed the next title themselves, taking it in a different direction graphically, but keeping much of the innovation that Super Mario RPG started (including hilarious dialogue (as opposed to the usual melodrama) and timed hits (which have been more and more expanded upon, but began with Mario RPG)). Following Paper Mario, Nintendo expanded the RPG series yet again on the handheld, with Mario & Luigi for the GBA (featuring a cameo by Geno!). Each of these series got a sequel, taking what made each of them unique and expanding on it. But the original framework from Mario RPG is still there.

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
The Paper Mario series was a descendent of Super Mario RPG, seeing as how RPG was developed by Square. After Square split with Nintendo, Nintendo developed the next title themselves, taking it in a different direction graphically, but keeping much of the innovation that Super Mario RPG started (including hilarious dialogue (as opposed to the usual melodrama) and timed hits (which have been more and more expanded upon, but began with Mario RPG)). Following Paper Mario, Nintendo expanded the RPG series yet again on the handheld, with Mario & Luigi for the GBA (featuring a cameo by Geno!). Each of these series got a sequel, taking what made each of them unique and expanding on it. But the original framework from Mario RPG is still there.
Hmm No wonder I felt some relation of the games when I played paper mario and mario&luigi. Thanks for that information, McFox!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I don't know if anybody has posted this yet but I thought it was pretty sweet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvB-lIcHHPQ
LMAO i heard the song before but not the flash, it is pretty hilarious, kudos to the guys who made this :laugh:

I first heard of Mario RPG from a guy called CrappyCaptorDevice in youtube who make SSBM history videos.
check them out they are pretty sweet.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I doodled some little Geno move ideas I might post em I guess but my scanner... She is broken.. and so... I weep.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Moveset: not going to talk about smashes and tilts, everyone knows that he will have a bunch of attacks varying on speed direction power and blah blah.

All based on in-game moves

----Up B----

Geno's body changes into a cannon firing out his star (kinda like a soul) it damages things it comes in contact with as you'd expect and. After the max distance is traversed a new body forms around the star. (recovery move)

"he did have a move like this right?, maybe I've gone crazy but I can't remember it's name"

----Side B----

Geno fires of a fist that returns like a boomerang, hit Side-B with the right timing(similar to Mario RPG) and...

Geno slams his second fist into the first creating a high damage explosion "how glorious would that be to work into a combo?"

----Down B----
Geno summons down rays of star energy forming a prism of attacks, touching the stars you see a tad bit above him cases great knock-back.

----B---- Geno Whirl
The only move I can remember the name of (if someone knows the others I'd appreciate it)
Charge it up and let it fly it slowly passes causing lots of tiny little hits like Mario's up B until it cuts it's way through. (maybe this should be his final since it's the infamous 9999 damage move)

-----------------------Geno speaks the truth------------------

Sorry for double posting I didn't check who posted last

Talendime

Smash Ace
i've seen vids of him on youtube. he rocks everything.

but his final smash should be his powerful 9999 damage attack.

I think Geno Blast would be better; Psycho squealing flourescent lazers every-which way you try to run..sounds fun to me.

If he even IS in the game...

B: Charges and releases Geno Beam
> B: Geno Whirl
V B: Geno spins around with his arms out (kind of like Mario), and damaging-to-touch stars surround him.
^ B: I REALLY like that other guy's idea, with the canon and stuff. It sounds a little too creative though, and I doubt Sakuri would have thought of the same thing. If he did do it, however, it would be his form of Geno Flash, and Geno could be a ball of fire (rather than a star), and the fire could expand away from him as he recovers- just like the Geno Flash from the game.
Besides that move, I'd guess something like shooting Elbow Cannons towards the ground to prop him higher with recoil.

Final Smash: Geno Flash- his glowing red star symbol appears, he gathers energy and shoots into the sky. Then comes the "Psycho squealing flourescent lazer" shower.
Taunt: Folds his arms and nods his head.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Crap! I posted on the last slot every one please go back a page to see my sweet move set
~thank you~

I guess Geno Whirl should be his final (and no I'm not going to call it a "bacon")

Whats the name of the move were he turns into a cannon? I can't remember

P.S. we all agree that Slippy sucks, right?

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
Crap! I posted on the last slot every one please go back a page to see my sweet move set
~thank you~

I guess Geno Whirl should be his final (and no I'm not going to call it a "bacon")

Whats the name of the move were he turns into a cannon? I can't remember

P.S. we all agree that Slippy sucks, right?
if it boils down to Slippy being a PC instead of Geno...
then absolutely!!!

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I don't care about his moveset if he makes it in that much, even if he's like captain falcon (as in how his moveset was made).
It would be good if he was made like C. F. . Nintendo would have to make his moveset around his personality, and they would have more to work with.
I just want his guns and magic to be a main part of his moveset.

EDIT-he should melee only to stun and knock foes away from him, use his guns as his primary strategy, and use slow and powerful (for the most part) spells and magic from the game to KO his weakened foes.

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
JesterBox, I absolutely love your sketches. They're very well drawn. I think that moveset would fit him perfectly... but I'm a little skeptical on the cannon UP-B. It's an interesting idea, but it would hardly be believable for the cannon to float in mid-air before shooting. I would think it would drop a little (because of its weight) before shooting. I'm not sure... maybe it could float, and catapult like Fox's Fire Fox.

As for character strategy, I like Gindor's idea.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I do realize this could very well get me shot for saying it here, so don't get me wrong. I definitely want to see Geno playable.

But if we had to choose an alternative, what would you guys say about a Geno doll item (maybe along with the AT,) that you can point and shoot star lasers/stars from?

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Nice drawings! They do a pretty good job of portraying the character in the form of a moveset, even if it's just the B moves (those are the ones that count, right?). Now that I've got Bowser and Link to smash stuff up with, Geno's the only one left on my wish list. If he gets confirmed, I might just have a stroke.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Nice drawings! They do a pretty good job of portraying the character in the form of a moveset, even if it's just the B moves (those are the ones that count, right?). Now that I've got Bowser and Link to smash stuff up with, Geno's the only one left on my wish list. If he gets confirmed, I might just have a stroke.
Thanks everyone! I only drew the B moves because B-moves are perhaps more interesting to look at. In play I usallay don't use B moves much except for Fox and Doc (my mains)

Looking back I wanted to include something with his machine gun arm (maybe it could fire quick bursts) But I feared what people would say had I not included Geno Whirl.

with his cannon recovery I forgot to say you can aim it like fire fox and that it stops and rapidly fire after firing. (hmmm... maybe that falling cannon could do damage?)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
What I would actually like to know... if he is in Brawl... is how would his voice be acted? As one of those deep, magical types, or like that bug Digimon that Izzi had? lol.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
The voice of a young sage I guess. All he'd be saying most of the time is "hyagh gr, ya, AH TAH, huot," and random grunts

Talendime

Smash Ace
Just you ppl wait.... one day he'll show up on the smash bros. update..... NON-PLAYABLE.

And a dark day that will be... :(

I think he still has a chane (since the Assist Trophies came about), because, like, the Hammer Bro, the Samurai, and the Sim City fellow all lack a variety in their fighting abilities.
When it comes to Geno... the possibilities are overwhelming.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
We've had discussions about his voice in this topic before. Alan Rickman was a popular choice, although obviously Nintendo isn't recruiting Hollywood voice talent. But something like Rickman's English drawl would be really awesome.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Oh... well, sorry about that. Looking through 1760 posts is tough. lol.

But Alan Rickman would be an interesting and appropriate voice for Geno... but Geno looks "younger" than that. Still interesting.

I've been a fan of Geno ever since I read his unreadable name... and I've been waiting faithfully for his return in a video game... not counting Superstar Saga.

Top Bottom