• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
exactly. Hey that kinda gave me an idea, for SE, they team up to replicate what it was like in SMRPG, obviously with the subtraction of it being Mario. But maybe PM was on a mission finding stars or something and Geno was as well. The possibilities are endless
They could revolve it to a Mario RPG Mission or something...That gives sakurai a LOT Of character development to work with for sure for the two, Really it does...

TBone06

Smash Ace
They could revolve it to a Mario RPG Mission or something...That gives sakurai a LOT Of character development to work with for sure for the two, Really it does...
you're right, since technically they are both on a mission for the stars. They could do anything with it, bring Geno into PM's plot or vice versa

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Eh, I wanted Geno and Hammer Brother. but, I guess not. =P

Honestly, 5 Mario reps is good enough for be but I could care less if Sakurai added in Paper Mario and/or Bowser Jr..
Tell me, What's more epic win;

Geno, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach.

Or this version;

Geno, Paper Mario, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach.

Hmm i like option two, Leaves a lot of options for subspace and is very plausible for stages/Bosses, Easy to make a moveset for the two and everyone (Except BJ Supporters, But we can't please everyone D:.) Are happy.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
you're right, since technically they are both on a mission for the stars. They could do anything with it, bring Geno into PM's plot or vice versa
They could both be searching and run into each other to work together to find the stars or something? Many plot ideas for that, Then it could twist into something totally new :O.
*Sorry if this turns out a double post.*

TBone06

Smash Ace
They could both be searching and run into each other to work together to find the stars or something? Many plot ideas for that, Then it could twist into something totally new :O.
*Sorry if this turns out a double post.*
yeah the possibilities are really endless, we've gotta make one. It could work perfectly

D

Deleted member

Tell me, What's more epic win;

Geno, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach.

Or this version;

Geno, Paper Mario, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach.

Hmm i like option two, Leaves a lot of options for subspace and is very plausible for stages/Bosses, Easy to make a moveset for the two and everyone (Except BJ Supporters, But we can't please everyone D:.) Are happy.
Eh, but what's more epic outa these?;

Adding another Mario rep.

Or;

Keeping a Mario rep behind for one more Single rep like Ray 01, Isaac, Takamaru, Olimar, etc.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

Or;

Keeping a Mario rep behind for one more Single rep like Ray 01, Isaac, Takamaru, Olimar, etc.
There's going to be at least two new Mario reps, considering the Doc is gone.

There will be room for all the other party candidates Sakurai fancies, rest assured.

Let's say he did.

Everything that occurs in SMS and New SMB was because of Bowser Jr. - Bowser Jr. became the leader of the Koopas in Bowser's absence, and managed to revive him. Even if his father lied to him, everything Bowser Jr. did, he did on his own. And as we can see, even when Jr. realized the truth, he didn't regret anything - he didn't show any disdain for having done what he did, meaning he was "tricked" into fighting Mario, something he enjoyed.

But the fact remains that nothing had happened to hint to Jr. that she wasn't his mother - the whole "I know she's not my mom" scene screams "I knew the truth, but didn't care". Him only just realizing it implies that something happened to make him realize, but nothing ever did happen.

D

Deleted member

There's going to be at least two new Mario reps, considering the Doc is gone.

There will be room for all the other party candidates Sakurai fancies, rest assured.
True, but what worries me is the character limit. I wanna see at least 50 and I'd hate to see there being like 39 or 41. There are a ton of characters that are worthy and half the people on the polls were single reps. I wouldn't want those 39 - 41 characters to have starting reps.

But, I'm just going paranoid about this. =P
And as I always say Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. get my "Meh, whatever.".

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

Or;

X Does not affect Y's Confirmation (As in your way wise.), Really, Sakurai will make sure that the new franchises like Isaac and Sukapon etc are added, Mario series is a highly big series that can easily have another rep so i see no problem, On a 40 Character roster then that's a bit of a must.

...It just goes down to mario reps...I See PM With geno more epic then geno alone, Geno alone just feels like melee all over again with him and luigi as unlockables...

yeah the possibilities are really endless, we've gotta make one. It could work perfectly
Hmm, Paper Mario is running off to get the star rod as geno goes the the star road and...I Seriously need to go play those two games again...I'd love it if it reflected around Paper Mario thousand year door a bit...Geno and PM Could be looking for the stars and end up getting trapped in princess peach's castle above the sky then they have to esca...Lot's of possibility's for it as i see.
Maybe some of the members here can say some ideas for that? I'm sure they have good creativity also.

@Machspeed;1-2 For sure, It really goes down to who reps the icon which heats the debate.

SMRPG music is really good, yes.

Also, I simply do not see an altered version of a character getting in over a better choice - Bowser Jr., which would be more unique, a potential transformation character, and a villain.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
True, but what worries me is the character limit. I wanna see at least 50 and I'd hate to see there being like 39 or 41. There are a ton of characters that are worthy and half the people on the polls were single reps. I wouldn't want those 39 - 41 characters to have starting reps.

But, I'm just going paranoid about this. =P
And as I always say Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. get my "Meh, whatever.".
Geno + PM Wins moar epic points then Geno alone, Doesen't it?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Can I just say that I've been skimming 2chan for Japanese leaks, and ALL of these guys want freakin' Mario RPG music? It's beautiful. Every post is a sea of "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" and "Battle from Mario RPG." Oh... Geno. Your chances are better than people give you credit for :)

Source: http://translate.google.com/transla...7340322/401-500&langpair=ja|en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Nice find, that is definitely proof that more people know about Mario RPG across the globe than the "handful of people on Smashboards." Although I already knew this, many people just won't accept the fact that cult status have huge and devoted fan-bases. Not just cult games (Super Mario RPG, for example), but cult music (The Velvet Underground, Big Star), cult movies (Rocky Horror Picture Show, Repo Man), cult comics (Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, Sandman), etc.

Oh, and hi Flip, haven't seen you on here in a LOOOOONG time :)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
SMRPG music is really good, yes.

Also, I simply do not see an altered version of a character getting in over a better choice - Bowser Jr., which would be more unique, a potential transformation character, and a villain.
How is BJ More unique? BJ Mostly uses his paintbrush in one game (And his shadow mario form, I Don't want another shiek.) He already looks like bowser and being a villian does not mean much; Paper Mario's games are more popular as he was highly wanted back at Old Nsider and is quite popular in japan.

*Points to PM Trophy In melee as well*

lolwut?
Anyhow we'll just have to wait and see what sakurai thinks...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If the Lucario rumors are true, however, they could keep the numbers equal from Melee to Brawl while changing the lineup within each franchise. In other words, drop Dr. Mario and add a replacement and leave it at that. I mean, if Mario gets jacked to 6 reps wouldn't it make sense the same would happen to Zelda, Pokemon, and other major franchises? I'd figure that'd be the case, but I can't see them really doing it. Mario CAN act independently, I know, but I kind've like balance in the roster.
Well, Pokemon already technically has 4 reps in the starting roster and unless both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are dropped, it will easily end with six seeing how it's almost inevitible that it'll have at least one unlockable character. Regardless of what happens, the Mario franchise set the high bar in Melee and the franchise would either have to meet (if it's 6) or surpass (if it's five) the prementioned amount.

Personally, I think this makes sense because the amount of characters the franchises get seems to be mostly based on the importance of the franchise and how well its games sell. In Melee, Mario had 5 reps, Pokemon had 4 reps, and Zelda had 4 (technically 5). This lines up because obviously, the Mario franchise is Nintendo's most important franchise and has sold the most games followed by Pokemon and then Zelda respectively. This also seems to line up this time around because the Kirby franchise has 3 reps and is Nintendo's 4th best selling franchise. (This is why I doubt many of the "smaller" franchises will meet this amount and how maybe one, Star Fox, will.)

Also, from what we've seen so far, most of the nonunlockable franchises that have been around since the first game have been given at least one new rep in the starting roster; DK has been given Diddy, Kirby has been given Metaknight and King Dedede, Metroid has been given ZSS, and Pokemon has been given the Pokemon Trainer with his three pokemon and you'd have to be a fool to believe that Krystal won't be joining Fox soon. This gives strong evidence that Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda will be given at least one more rep in Brawl too.

Now, this leads up to the strong possibility that characters who have been given the boot will be given replacements. It has indirectly been confirmed that Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Roy (what I called the "super clones") have been removed and how Lucas has pretty much replaced Ness. Now, with Dr. Mario gone, that naturally leaves a spot to fill in the Mario franchise to boost it back up to five (since Luigi is obviously returning) and the amount it had in Melee. Go back to what I said earlier and that leads to the strong possibility that the Mario franchise will have 6 reps. If it stopped there, we'd be left with the same situation as in Melee: two unlockable Mario characters with one of them being Luigi and I seriousy doubt that Sakurai would create this "deja vu" situation.

Despite what I said, I believe that the Zelda franchise will have the same number of reps as they did in Melee. Why? Because I believe that Ganondorf and Young Link will return but they will no longer be clones thus it would be like adding two completely new characters because of their different character designs and movesets. By doing this, it would also stay in line with what I said in the first paragraph.

... What's funny is this is probably a vast majority in what I'm going to say in the thread I promised to make tomorrow. :psycho:

D

Deleted member

Let's say he did.

Everything that occurs in SMS and New SMB was because of Bowser Jr. - Bowser Jr. became the leader of the Koopas in Bowser's absence, and managed to revive him. Even if his father lied to him, everything Bowser Jr. did, he did on his own. And as we can see, even when Jr. realized the truth, he didn't regret anything - he didn't show any disdain for having done what he did, meaning he was "tricked" into fighting Mario, something he enjoyed.

But the fact remains that nothing had happened to hint to Jr. that she wasn't his mother - the whole "I know she's not my mom" scene screams "I knew the truth, but didn't care". Him only just realizing it implies that something happened to make him realize, but nothing ever did happen.
Opinions Opinons.

Let's say he didn't from the start.
Bowser lied to him saying that Peach was his mama. "Papa says 'Plumber is a bad man and must go away'" Obviously, if your mama was kidnapped would you try to take her back? I know I would.

paralasalud

Smash Ace

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
@FMOI: I Agree with most of the last post that you just wrote but i'd like to point out one thing about kirby; FE Still got 2 Reps when it was ONLY Japanese known and Kirby was still left with one after being from Smash 64, FE Has around 10 Games under it's belt and high popularity in japan + Some in america, With Marth probably returning and the sothe AT Rumored from speculators at brawl from jumpfesta then couldn't someone join Ike on the starting roster easy? Like Michiah on the starting roster or something? Or couldn't Fire Emblem be granted 3 Reps easily as well? It's right behind (Or close to.) Starfox for that; I'd say that it's not to farfetched but...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Can I just say that I've been skimming 2chan for Japanese leaks, and ALL of these guys want freakin' Mario RPG music? It's beautiful. Every post is a sea of "Beware the Forest Mushrooms" and "Battle from Mario RPG." Oh... Geno. Your chances are better than people give you credit for :)

Source: http://translate.google.com/transla...7340322/401-500&langpair=ja|en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Your amazing, thanks for the find.
Hopefully, Geno will be the next newcomer we see hit the Dojo. :psycho:

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
Can someone give me the link or links to the interviews where Sakurai talks about Geno?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Made some with old doodle.... maybe I'll make flash movie, Geno vs Ridley, got beat to it... mine is better... had planned before... crappy one... mysterious text...

Dark

Red
This is like so freaking awesome on so many many levels! I really am impressed with your work JesterBox!

1. Nothing, absolutely nothing hinted to Bowser Jr. that Peach wasn't his mother. The only theory you could provide was that he randomly realized it for no reason at that time, as opposed to the logical reasoning that he always knew, which would actually make sense, considering the fact that Jr. continued to fight alongside Bowser.

2. Regardless, your argument is moot by the fact that Bowser Jr. rarely requires help from Bowser.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Yeah, I know, saying it sarcastically.
More realistically I expect Captain Olimar or WW Link to hit the Dojo next.
There not bad either, And you mean last right :laugh:?

And why can't we just accept the fact that Geno and Paper Mario seem like the most likely canidates for the slot but if one of the two i mentioned doesen't get in then Jr will if we have 6 Slots??...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
There not bad either, And you mean last right :laugh:?

And why can't we just accept the fact that Geno and Paper Mario seem like the most likely canidates for the slot but if one of the two i mentioned doesen't get in then Jr will if we have 6 Slots??...
With two slots opened, Geno basically guaranteed a spot, and if not Sakurai's babies will be eaten expect them to go to Bowser Jr and PM.

Those are really the only two candidates left for a Mario spot (well besides the almighty Geno of course)...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Geno basically guaranteed a spot

I lol'd. ;)
He's saying that if there are 6 Mario slots since BJ, PM And Geno are the only contestants left and we probably won't get that many look-alikes and all so Geno has a VERY Good chance if there are 6 slots especially.

I Really want Geno and PM But that's just me, As a couple of pages back the SSE Plot would work perfectly with the two.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Well I just don't like when people pop into the thread, to say Geno doesn't have a higher chance than X, and not have anything to back it up. :dizzy:
It's not that. The problem is that this thread is based on people assuming Geno is in, and discussing, for example, what his moveset will be. It needs a little friendly competition! ;)

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Well, Geno might be an AT, for two reasons.

1. A character being requested doesn't mean they are playable. Sakurai said in the Saki update that he was requested. Of course, Saki wasn't in the ''poll'', but being specifically mentionned as requested in the update beats the ''poll'' by a mile.

2. Yes, they could go through the ''legal trouble'' of obtaining him just to use him as an AT. Think of his very negligeable cameo in Mario & Luigi. They've done it once, they could do it again.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, Geno might be an AT, for two reasons.

1. A character being requested doesn't mean they are playable. Sakurai said in the Saki update that he was requested. Of course, Saki wasn't in the ''poll'', but being specifically mentionned as requested in the update beats the ''poll'' by a mile.Saki and deoxsys weren't on the poll, lololol.
Also ones like Dedede were highly requested and got in + They had journal entries :O.

2. Yes, they could go through the ''legal trouble'' of obtaining him just to use him as an AT. Think of his very negligeable cameo in Mario & Luigi. They've done it once, they could do it again.M&L Is about them, Smash is about characters, Besides...Why would they pay to make a highly requested character an AT?
My comments are in green.

Top Bottom