• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why we can't accept that Bowser Jr. and Geno should both be in Brawl and make peace. These arguments are stupid, pointless and just plain annoying. I can't even post my SE ideas because I'm afraid that they will be lost among all this arguing and trolling. Heck, this post probably will be lost too, but I'll post it anyway incase someone manages to stumble upon it. :urg:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No... they never explicitely say they serve them.
It doesn't matter because saving them is technically a service. They don't do it because they were asked either. There in lies the difference. Tell me, if Bowser Jr was acting on his own, like you insist he was, why was Bowser on the island in Super Mario Sunshine and why did Bowser Jr lead Mario to the Castles that Bowser was in the New Super Mario Bros?

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
It doesn't matter because saving them is technically a service. They don't do it because they were asked either. There in lies the difference. Tell me, if Bowser Jr was acting on his own, like you insist he was, why was Bowser on the island in Super Mario Sunshine and why did Bowser Jr lead Mario to the Castles that Bowser was in the New Super Mario Bros?
can't the big guy take a vacation? And can't the kid get a little help from daddy?

D

Deleted member

I don't see why we can't accept that Bowser Jr. and Geno should both be in Brawl and make peace. These arguments are stupid, pointless and just plain annoying. I can't even post my SE ideas because I'm afraid that they will be lost among all this arguing and trolling. Heck, this post probably will be lost too, but I'll post it anyway incase someone manages to stumble upon it. :urg:
Bump for Shadow Star.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
can't the big guy take a vacation? And can't the kid get a little help from daddy?
He flooded Isle Delfino and almost made Mount Corona erupt to try to stop Mario... I'd harldy call that taking a vacation. Also, you have it the wrong way; Bowser Jr is helping Bowser get what he wants. He even talks about how angry his father gets when he fails him in Super Mario Galaxy.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why we can't accept that Bowser Jr. and Geno should both be in Brawl and make peace. These arguments are stupid, pointless and just plain annoying. I can't even post my SE ideas because I'm afraid that they will be lost among all this arguing and trolling. Heck, this post probably will be lost too, but I'll post it anyway incase someone manages to stumble upon it.

I'm leaving right now, so feel free to talk about the doll.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It is very likely that the Mario franchise will have 6 reps and most people agree that Geno, Bowser Jr, and Paper Mario are basically the only Mario characters whose chances of being playable haven't been completely destroyed based on factors that have come up. This has come up in several threads in the past couple of days so maybe I should take the initative and make a thread exampling why it's so likely...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Are you guys SERIOUSLY arguing whether plot makes a character more important? I could argue that because Shadow Link and Thunderbird were the final bosses of Zelda II, the last game chronologically for many, they are ultra-important for being the last stand against peace in Hyrule. BUT WAIT. Are they playable in Smash....?

Without Slippy, Fox would never know how much HP the bosses have before he blasts them, he's pretty important. OWAIT...

Groudon and Kyogre are the reason Hoenn exists and is turmoil. They're the gods of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire! They certainly must be--huh...

The point is, the argument needs to remain OUTSIDE the context of the games and within the context of reality. And, even there, we cannot decide who is "more popular" or "more useful" overall. That's Sakurai's decision to make. And if we look at the polls, I think his decision has already been made.

Frankly, people are just cranky because Brawl isn't going to have 50+ fighters and their precious Soras and Shadows aren't "revealed" yet. Because, OBVIOUSLY, they would be if Smash was just given more time. Right? *rolls eyes*

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I Second that.

Seriously, We should just accept that there are three canidates and 2 Spots, Geno PM And JR, One can go to geno and the other can go to who sakurai thinks is the most deserving (If there even is one.), This is really getting pointless because we are just argueing about there plotlines and everything, We'll just have to wait and see soon on what sakurai thinks.

It is very likely that the Mario franchise will have 6 reps and most people agree that Geno, Bowser Jr, and Paper Mario are basically the only Mario characters whose chances of being playable haven't been completely destroyed based on factors that have come up. This has come up in several threads in the past couple of days so maybe I should take the initative and make a thread exampling why it's so likely...
YES.

We can't know if he ever believed it.

Regardless, my point still stands that he acts without the aide of his father for most of the games he appears as a boss in.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Are you guys SERIOUSLY arguing whether plot makes a character more important? I could argue that because Shadow Link and Thunderbird were the final bosses of Zelda II, the last game chronologically for many, they are ultra-important for being the last stand against peace in Hyrule. BUT WAIT. Are they playable in Smash....?

Without Slippy, Fox would never know how much HP the bosses have before he blasts them, he's pretty important. OWAIT...

Groudon and Kyogre are the reason Hoenn exists and is turmoil. They're the gods of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire! They certainly must be--huh...

The point is, the argument needs to remain OUTSIDE the context of the games and within the context of reality. And, even there, we cannot decide who is "more popular" or "more useful" overall. That's Sakurai's decision to make. And if we look at the polls, I think his decision has already been made.

Frankly, people are just cranky because Brawl isn't going to have 50+ fighters and their precious Soras and Shadows aren't "revealed" yet. Because, OBVIOUSLY, they would be if Smash was just given more time. Right? *rolls eyes*
so, from what youre saying, a characters importance in game has no effect on if they get in or not and it all depends on popularity? please, go get yourself informed on sakurai's statement, listen to so arguments, and then come back and try to say that. and I agree on both bowser jr. and geno getting in, they represent two halfs of the mario universe, the old mario and new.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I don't think that it's a meer coincidence that nearly all the characters that have become playable in the Smash Bros franchise have a decent amount of significance to at least one game in their respective franchises and have shown independence in some form whether they have been playable or shown it in other medias like how Jigglypuff never had a trainer in the anime... I know you're speaking in favor of Geno but some people still believe that the results of the Melee and Brawl poll are bogus and have played no role in what characters have become playable and which characters will most likely become playable and that's why debates like this usually come up...

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Some characters like Pichu and Jigglypuff have almost no importance to their games, but were playable because of their popularity.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
so, from what youre saying, a characters importance in game has no effect on if they get in or not and it all depends on popularity? please, go get yourself informed on sakurai's statement, listen to so arguments, and then come back and try to say that. and I agree on both bowser jr. and geno getting in, they represent two halfs of the mario universe, the old mario and new.
You are adding words to my typed mouth. Not once did I say it depends on popularity; I was merely illustrating that if you count a character in based only on importance that's just silly. We have seen it's not the case. Don't jump to conclusions I neither made nor left material for people to make. I am more versed in Sakurai and Brawl than you'd think, so I wouldn't try to mess with my less-than-threatening statement by making it more than it was.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Some characters like Pichu and Jigglypuff have almost no importance to their games, but were playable because of their popularity.
exactly, but the exception here is that Geno DID have importance to his game, plus he's popular. AND he's got everything a fighter in brawl should have

TBone06

Smash Ace
I wouldnt mind seeing all 3 but the only thing is the character slot factor, depends how big the roster is

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
FMOI, Your idea about the JR/Geno/Paper Mario thing is a wonderful idea, Go write a thread about it naow, I Definantly want to see it.
Just to clarify, I think the Mario franchise will have two new playable reps. Personally, based on what has been revealed, I believe that Geno and Paper Mario are the most likely canidates but I do believe that Bowser Jr is still in the running and probably will become playable if one of the forementioned characters falls through the floor.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
If the Lucario rumors are true, however, they could keep the numbers equal from Melee to Brawl while changing the lineup within each franchise. In other words, drop Dr. Mario and add a replacement and leave it at that. I mean, if Mario gets jacked to 6 reps wouldn't it make sense the same would happen to Zelda, Pokemon, and other major franchises? I'd figure that'd be the case, but I can't see them really doing it. Mario CAN act independently, I know, but I kind've like balance in the roster.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Just to clarify, I think the Mario franchise will have two new playable reps. Personally, based on what has been revealed, I believe that Geno and Paper Mario are the most likely canidates but I do believe that Bowser Jr is still in the running and probably will become playable if one of the forementioned characters falls through the floor.
Makes sence, I Can't wait to see that thread however.

I wouldnt mind seeing all 3 but the only thing is the character slot factor, depends how big the roster is
I Freaking wish...Unfortunantly it seems like only two newcomers will happen for it.

D

Deleted member

I pronounce it:

Ge-
As in

"Gee Wilikers, Batman."

-no
As in

"no u"

Unless if that's what you meant. =P

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
You know what I wonder how do people pronounce Geno's name?
Is it..

G-no
Je-no

??? I always say G-no.
I used to say "Geh-No" as a kid, but it's "Gee-No" like the real-world name ;)

And before this gets out of hand, I'll throw in my two SSE cents: Geno, being unlockable, is found during a part of the storyline that you can backtrack to with Pit then teams up with him for a bit. Geno and Pit just makes sense to me.

Also, wouldn't it be awesome for his limbs to go all akimbo and crazy when he gets smashed? That's the essence of a puppet right there!

TBone06

Smash Ace
Personally i prefer Geno and PM The most since they are from my two most favoritie games and JR Really just felt like a filler boss as bowser's slaveishson...We'll have to wait and see.
yeah if Paper Mario made it in before Jr I wouldnt complain, because I guess if it came down to the same person (Mario to Paper Mario and Bowser to Jr.) Mario would get it. And I defintitly loved the PM series, so either way I'm happy

paralasalud

Smash Ace
I mean the G in Geno has a j sound, like in girafe, so its Jee-no.
yes it's pronounced like Gino.

what do you guys think of gino having buzz lightyear-esque wings with rockets at the end for recovery? it'd be similar to diddy's, but it's an idea.

rocket shoes could also give him multiple jumps, wherein they're used/animated like samus' back rockets in melee. whenever he jumps, they light up.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
yeah if Paper Mario made it in before Jr I wouldnt complain, because I guess if it came down to the same person (Mario to Paper Mario and Bowser to Jr.) Mario would get it. And I defintitly loved the PM series, so either way I'm happy
And you also get geno :laugh:.

Geno + Paper Mario, The awsome level of that is uncountable of them both being playable... :O.

TBone06

Smash Ace
And you also get geno :laugh:.

Geno + Paper Mario, The awsome level of that is uncountable of them both being playable... :O.
exactly. Hey that kinda gave me an idea, for SE, they team up to replicate what it was like in SMRPG, obviously with the subtraction of it being Mario. But maybe PM was on a mission finding stars or something and Geno was as well. The possibilities are endless

D

Deleted member

Eh, I wanted Geno and Hammer Brother. but, I guess not. =P

Honestly, 5 Mario reps is good enough for be but I could care less if Sakurai added in Paper Mario and/or Bowser Jr..

Top Bottom