• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=genomovesfp2.png

Alright heres some explanation

A, 1 punch, AA, 2 punches, AAA 3 punches, repeated like Kirby's A pushed alot and some pellets come out his hand if A is held.

A> Propels him back a bit but his fist goes out like Samus' missle 1 or both fists

A V is like Diddy's rocket barell thing but his feet detach and hit whoever is next to or under him

A ^ is Ness' attack

Running A is a simple run and kick

Taunt: Geno Boost, makes him stronger for about 30 seconds and he will glow, after a while glow starts to fade and at 30 seconds its gone, can't be spammed, other wise after 1 use its a flashy effect that doesn't help him

A charged make him shoot pellets

A charged foward Elbows to hand snaps back and he reveals his guns and shoots, pellets or stars (Only if A is pushed) If A is held it powers Geno Beam

A down charged makes him do a round house kick, like Samus or Mario

A up charged shoots cannonballs in a controled direction

A up is headbutt

A down is same

A foward or back does a smash kick

B charged is Geno eye beam since A fward held A is Geno Beam (Needs to be charged)

B foward back and front is Geno Whirl

B Down is Geno flash (Needs to be charged)

B up is a uppercut

FS Geno Blast when sun thing explodes it fills up center of stage and acts like a smart bomb or a bonzai bill and kills players, works off screen like Dragoon

throws are explained

Thats all

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well, Geno might be an AT, for two reasons.

1. A character being requested doesn't mean they are playable. Sakurai said in the Saki update that he was requested. Of course, Saki wasn't in the ''poll'', but being specifically mentionned as requested in the update beats the ''poll'' by a mile.

2. Yes, they could go through the ''legal trouble'' of obtaining him just to use him as an AT. Think of his very negligeable cameo in Mario & Luigi. They've done it once, they could do it again.
1. Being on the poll significantly increases your chances of being a PC though.
Nobody 3 votes and higher was turned into an AT or deconfirmed, and all characters still are expected/wanted in the game.

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)

Do you expect any of those characters as an AT?
Another thing, Sakurai WANTS Geno playable, it would explain why he's shown so much interest in him. He also replied to an email in his drop bag saying he considered Geno 1st party even though he was 3rd. Now why would our dear Sakurai reply to this email if he didn't care much for Geno?
No doubt if there was a Square-Enix meeting, Sakurai asked for Geno to be in the game, and it all boils down to if they accepted.

2. Doubt it. Geno would easily pay for himself if added as a PC, not to mention he's the PERFECT WTF character, who's already a piece of the Mario universe. He represents a great deal of Nintendo's history, seeing as he played a very big role in Mario's RPG. Marth and Roy both got in, and virtually no one in North America knew who they were at the time, so Geno stands a very good chance, seeing as people know him (reguardless of how much) from both Japan and North America.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Saki and deoxsys weren't on the poll, lololol.
Also ones like Dedede were highly requested and got in + They had journal entries :O.

Dedede, Sakurai's creation, was a shoe-in as soon as he was on the journal. Sakurai probably wanted him in, but was too modest for it. Ehen he saw he was requested, he decided to include him.

M&L Is about them, Smash is about characters, Besides...Why would they pay to make a highly requested character an AT?

I just explained that.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it...

The opposition never does respond to the whole he will be a AT, but then we counter with waste of money to make him AT but then the opposition never answers back...

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)

WTF is up with that list? Were there, like 30 votes? The highest characters has 5 votes! YAY! Let's include a character in the game becasue 5 people want him in! Please give me an explaination of how that list means something, because I currently view it as meaningless.

2. Doubt it. Geno would easily pay for himself if added as a PC, not to mention he's the PERFECT WTF character, who's already a piece of the Mario universe. He represents a great deal of Nintendo's history, seeing as he played a very big role in Mario's RPG.

He played a big role in a minor game. Big deal.

Marth and Roy both got in, and virtually no one in North America knew who they were at the time, so Geno stands a very good chance, seeing as people know him (reguardless of how much) from both Japan and North America.

Brawl =/= Melee. Sakurai said he didn't want Japan-only characters this time.

The opposition never does respond to the whole he will be a AT, but then we counter with waste of money to make him AT but then the opposition never answers back...

Think of the Mario & Luigi cameo. What a waste of money. Woops.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Marth and Roy both got in, and virtually no one in North America knew who they were at the time, so Geno stands a very good chance, seeing as people know him (reguardless of how much) from both Japan and North America.

Think of the Mario & Luigi cameo. What a waste of money. Woops.[/QUOTE]

Not really, they considered him. All they had to do was give them credit.

Also for the Brawl=/= Melee comment, even though its true, theres a huge difference:

Fan Service!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
WTF is up with that list? Were there, like 30 votes? The highest characters has 5 votes! YAY! Let's include a character in the game becasue 5 people want him in! Please give me an explaination of how that list means something, because I currently view it as meaningless.

He played a big role in a minor game. Big deal.

You obviously have NO idea what the poll was. Sakurai received 290 entries, and picked out the ones which interested him. Yes, that means he's very interested in Geno, and the others too. By the by, Geno actually got 5 mentions if you count his music also.

That game was by no means a minor game. That game was THE game of the SNES, the only reason it's popularity hindered is because it released right before the N64. It was Mario's first RPG, first time Bowser was playable, first 3D game for Nintendo, I could go on for days. In short, it's not minor in the least bit.

He doesn't want Japan only characters, yet Lucas has already been added and Claus is being considered for a PC.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Since when was Claus considered? I support him btw

Anyways SMRPG did lead to some things

Geno collecting stars became a theme in later Mario games

Bowser being playable and humorous

Peach getting her name (Peach) not Toadstool

cameos of other game works (Fox, F-Zero, Samus, Zelda and Link)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

He's in the section of the poll with two mentions, meaning he's still considering him, but Lucas got added with 2 votes; Claus still stands a chance of PC.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Oh right.

Still unless you consider it a coincidence that D times 3, Ike, Diddy and Lucas got in and were on the poll but still tihnk the poll is not important, then you're an idiot.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Sakurai has wanted Lucas to be in since Melee.
Yes, but that also means he doesn't care if Japan only characters are in.

A vast majority of North American gamers don't know who Japan-exclusives are.

Therefore, the argument against Geno not being known is very weak, considering the game was released in both North America and Japan.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
You obviously have NO idea what the poll was. Sakurai received 290 entries, and picked out the ones which interested him. Yes, that means he's very interested in Geno, and the others too. By the by, Geno actually got 5 mentions if you count his music also.

Thank you for the clarification, though I smell bias.

That game was by no means a minor game. That game was THE game of the SNES,
1. There is no ''THE game of the SNES''. There are too many classics and important games for that. However, the only game that got close was probably Super Mario World.

the only reason it's popularity hindered is because it released right before the N64.

So was Chrono Trigger, and yet that game is still extremely popular.

It was Mario's first RPG

Too bad RPG isn't Mario premier genre. I consider the RPGs to be spinoffs.

, first time Bowser was playable

Mario Kart.

, first 3D game for Nintendo,

Mario Kart. Also, Donkey Kong County and F-Zero.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

Thank you for the clarification, though I smell bias.

That game was by no means a minor game. That game was THE game of the SNES,
1. There is no ''THE game of the SNES''. There are too many classics and important games for that. However, the only game that got close was probably Super Mario World.

the only reason it's popularity hindered is because it released right before the N64.

So was Chrono Trigger, and yet that game is still extremely popular.

It was Mario's first RPG

Too bad RPG isn't Mario premier genre. I consider the RPGs to be spinoffs.

, first time Bowser was playable

Mario Kart.

, first 3D game for Nintendo,

Mario Kart. Also, Donkey Kong County and F-Zero.
Donkey Kong Country was a side scroller, but F-Zero and Mario Kart I agree are 3D. If you've seen a screenshot of SMRPG, you'll understand it's a different version of 3D.

Neither are sports games, party games, or anything of the sort. (Lol, by the context of how your speaking, Super Mario Galaxy is just as much of a spinoff of Super Mario 64)

It's not for you or me to say who's more known, Geno or Chrono, because honestly I haven't heard of Chrono along with many people on these forums, until they came and checked out smashboards.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Saki and deoxsys weren't on the poll, lololol.
Also ones like Dedede were highly requested and got in + They had journal entries :O.

Dedede, Sakurai's creation, was a shoe-in as soon as he was on the journal. Sakurai probably wanted him in, but was too modest for it. Ehen he saw he was requested, he decided to include him.

M&L Is about them, Smash is about characters, Besides...Why would they pay to make a highly requested character an AT?

I just explained that.
1.Lucas Sonic and a couple of other newcomers wish to have a word with you about "Requested"

2.Then it doesen't count for a lot.

There's a possibility of him being assist'ed but a very small one, It's really mostly playable or nothing for him...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong Country was a side scroller, but F-Zero and Mario Kart I agree are 3D. If you've seen a screenshot of SMRPG, you'll understand it's a different version of 3D.

Neither are sports games, party games, or anything of the sort. (Lol, by the context of how your speaking, Super Mario Galaxy is just as much of a spinoff of Super Mario 64)

It's not for you or me to say who's more known, Geno or Chrono, because honestly I haven't heard of Chrono along with many people on these forums, until they came and checked out smashboards.
Actually I know of lots of people who know Crono more then Geno

TBone06

Smash Ace
I never even heard of Chrono Trigger until I came online, but then again the same thing could be said with Geno. But Geno is more Nintendo, because he came from a Mario game

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong Country was a side scroller

And SMRPG was a fixed-camera game with an isometric perspective. Your point? If DKC is 2D, so is SMRPG.

What?

If you don't know about Crono, you're either a casual gamer or a person who didn't buy a lot of games in the SNES era. Everyone I knew had Chrono Trigger. SMRPG is more obscure than CT.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
If you don't know about Crono, you're either a casual gamer or a person who didn't buy a lot of games in the SNES era. Everyone I knew had Chrono Trigger. SMRPG is more obscure than CT.
Right, everyone YOU knew, had Chrono Trigger; nobody I know has heard of Chrono.

Once again, SMRPG sold 1.4 million copies in Japan alone, and 11 years ago, that was a hell of alot of numbers.

You can't say which is more popular or obscure, because thats all opinion, neither of the two are big icons like Mario or Sonic.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Chrono Trigger has sold more than 2.36 million copies in Japan and 290,000 abroad.
I still say obscure.

What gives Geno the upper hand in this situation, is that he actually relates to Nintendo and Mario universe, not to mention Sakurai has shown far more interest in him than Chrono.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I still say obscure.

What gives Geno the upper hand in this situation, is that he actually relates to Nintendo and Mario universe, not to mention Sakurai has shown far more interest in him than Chrono.
Listen, I never said Crono should be in Brawl. I simply countered your argument about SMRPG having had the chance to be more popular had it not been released at the end of the system's life. I said it didn't stop Chrono Trigger to be iconic.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Listen, I never said Crono should be in Brawl. I simply countered your argument about SMRPG having had the chance to be more popular had it not been released at the end of the system's life. I said it didn't stop Chrono Trigger to be iconic.
Your out of your MIND if you think Chrono Trigger is iconic.
I'll leave it at that.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Replace ''iconic'' with ''popular'' and your fanboy anger disappears!
Chrono is not as popular as you would believe.

When someone mentions Square-Enix, the first thing to leave someones mouth is Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Moogle, Chocobo.

Your overrating that game.

EDIT - BTW, not fanboy anger, I never claimed Geno was iconic, as a matter a fact, I said he wasn't. I just think claiming Chrono iconic or popular is foolish.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
At least Trigger had a sequel.
SMRPG couldn't have a sequel because of the dispute between Square and Nintendo, when Square wanted to switch to Sony.

As a matter a fact, SMRPG2 did exist, but due to the fight, it quickly changed routes and became Paper Mario.

Anything else, oh wise one?

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
SMRPG couldn't have a sequel because of the dispute between Square and Nintendo, when Square wanted to switch to Sony.

As a matter a fact, SMRPG2 did exist, but due to the fight, it quickly changed routes and became Paper Mario.

Anything else, oh wise one?
Paper Mario was a spiritual sequel. Chrono Cross, however, was a direct one, as proven by the appearence of Lucca.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Chrono is not as popular as you would believe.

When someone mentions Square-Enix, the first thing to leave someones mouth is Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Moogle, Chocobo.

Your overrating that game.

EDIT - BTW, not fanboy anger, I never claimed Geno was iconic, as a matter a fact, I said he wasn't. I just think claiming Chrono iconic or popular is foolish.
Couldn't you say the same about Geno in this situation. I mean, in your arguments, you make it seem as if Geno is highly popular and you sometimes use sales records to back up your argument. This guy is practically doing the same thing and you call it foolish

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Couldn't you say the same about Geno in this situation. I mean, in your arguments, you make it seem as if Geno is highly popular and you sometimes use sales records to back up your argument. This guy is practically doing the same thing and you call it foolish
Nice try, but if you read correctly I clearly stated Chrono AND Geno are not iconic or popular. We cannot tell which is more popular either, because that's pure opinion. What makes Geno more FITTING for Brawl, is he's actually related to Nintendo and Mario, not to mention Sakurai's interested in him. Read more closely.

Paper Mario was a spiritual sequel. Chrono Cross, however, was a direct one, as proven by the appearence of Lucca.
Chrono Trigger had no opposition to a sequel though, it was developed by Square-Enix and them alone.

Nintendo AND Square-Enix had to in a joint-effort produce the SMRPG2, and they were very tense at the time.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Nice try, but if you read correctly I clearly stated Chrono AND Geno are not iconic or popular. We cannot tell which is more popular either, because that's pure opinion. What makes Geno more FITTING for Brawl, is he's actually related to Nintendo and Mario, not to mention Sakurai's interested in him. Read more closely.

I NEVER CLAIMED CRONO WOULD BE IN

Machspeed

Smash Lord

I NEVER CLAIMED CRONO WOULD BE IN
Wow. :laugh:

I never said you claimed that either. I'm simply saying that Geno, reguardless of his obscure and near retro status, still stands a chance because of his relation to Nintendo and Mario, and interest shown from Sakurai.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Then why do I keep hearing people say "Geno is highly popular in Japan"?:confused:

Top Bottom