• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
yeah...i still don't see where that Bowser argument was leading...

anyway, i think Geno would have the mushroom icon. the only reason he would have anything else is if because of the terms of the deal, square wanted him to stand out from the other of the mario characters.
igloo was saying "meta-knight isn't a allstar"
then im like "ya he is hes the bowser to mario"
then igloos like "meta-knight wasn't in alot of kirby games"
and i was like "bowser wasnt in alot of mario games"

so there you have it

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
But wait...

Biggie Smalls posted once that PM would have a book instead of amushroom simply because its a spinoff/branch on Mario.

Yet if PM gets the mushroom it just shows its not self standing on its own like everyone thinks it is.

Same could be said about Geno but we won't know until hes on the dojo or if hes in the game.
will Mario Circuit use the mushroom? of course. i think that solves the "mario spinoff" issue...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

so there you have it
Meta-Knight isn't Kirby's Bowser...that would be King Dedede

That's all irrelevant anyway.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Calling him a troll just because he is against Geno is ignorant on your part GA members, this guy even pointed out in his first post in here that he isn't a troll/flamer just disliker.

Its stupid to hate a character for his fans but to assume something of a person just because they have a different view from u is stupid.

If Geno is in, I'll use him, if not I'll use Lucas, I won't cry about I'll just say **** and get over it. The point is that don't call him a troll just because he has different views from us.

Trolls are the ones like pieman who come back and can't accept the concept of a star warrior possesing a doll to be in the brawl.

paralasalud

Smash Ace

so there you have it
i still don't see what that had to do in regards to Geno.

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
i have not heard an argument of why geno should be in brawl other then enigma's

LAST BOWSER RELATED THING:
i was like "only nintendo allstars should be in brawl and geno isnt an allstar"
igloo was like "meta-knights not an allstar"
then im like "meta-knight is kirbys bowser"
so on

thx enimga for clearing that up

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i have not heard an argument of why geno should be in brawl other then enigma's
mostly because he's really freaking cool.
he was one of the fastest/strongest characters in SMRPG and was super important to the story. he also had a unique moveset, that which included the Geno whirl which dealt 9999 damage if timed correctly.
he also had a cool and humble personality.

he also did very well with 5 mentions on the brawl poll.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

so there you have it
well, to be fair, i don't think either of you made very good points. but i'd say Dedede would be Kirby's Bowser and not Meta-Knight. and also, Super Mario Bros 2 (Doki Doki Panic) was, IIRC, the ONLY console Mario game that Bowser didn't appear in.

but your "Geno can't be in because he isn't an All-Star" argument is the weakest one i've heard. and i still cite Roy and Pichu as evidence.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Geno should be in Brawl because of his popularity in Japan and North America(VC most wanted game), the uniqueness of the character(not a 'copy' character like Paper Mario, Bowser Junior, or Waluigi), and, a reason to help him, is because of the way that he could help Square and Nintendo with just a simple, 'yes.' Geno could then be brought back to life to help produce more games for Square and Nintendo.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
*Likes pic, but wishes Geno was abve helping Ridley lol*

To be honest, some of the points he made were pretty out there and I honestly thouhgt he was a troll. The guys coming here saying negative points for Geno aren't considered trolls to me, but this guy saying Sonic was part of the Mario series and saying DK and Jumpman are confused becasuse they look similar, made me not believe he was being honest.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
mostly because he's really freaking cool.
he was one of the fastest/strongest characters in SMRPG and was super important to the story. he also had a unique moveset, that which included the Geno whirl which dealt 9999 damage if timed correctly.
he also had a cool and humble personality.

he also did very well with 5 mentions on the brawl poll.
You can argue opinion unless you could actually get them to change their mind. You're just stating facts parasalud.

I want him in Brawl because Geno would be unique to the roster, I would even want Waluigi if he plays different from all the Mario characters IF Geno isn't in Brawl. Geno isn't a clone hes original.

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
not to be a geno hater but...
This game is for Nintendo ALLSTARS, not every charecter that you see in a video game. sure melee had some iffy charecters, but the origenal point of this game is to have the best, most original charecter from nintendo. That is what i didnt like about melee; face the facts can you really look at me with a straight face and tell me the "Geno" a charecter that appeared in 2 third party games that had mario in it qualifys as a nintendo allstar?

i was reading the first post of this thread and your aguments are just.... well bad. see the first argument was that "no one heard of him" well i played the mario rpg, great game, and honestly didnt remeber him, i would have never even thought of him ppl hadnt had their "Geno 4 brawl" sigs and i bet some of you havent heard of him before, am eye -> (thats am i right btw) next argument too many mario reps, hes not a mario rep imo hes a square rep (isn't that final fantasy company?)
your agument for hes only in 2 games, can't really say much there because my #1 pick for brawl is Captin Olimar and he's in 2 games (but those were really memorable games by that i mean if you go in the future in 20 years a person asks about super mario rpg and pikmen which game would the remember more?)
now for the 3rd party spot argument, i think sakuri's biggest mistake was revieling sonic too early giving people gumdrop fantastys and lolypop dreams, imo ppl want too many 3rd party charecters but fact is charecters like "pacman"(lolroflrofllolol at all the ppl that think he's gonna be in brawl) arn't really nintendo Alstars they should make their own allstar game like the allstar rare game Diddy Kong Racing

final statement, how bout i make an RPG game with mario and Master Chief from halo, then he'll be in brawl!!!!

ps. don't flame me because i speak the truth. If i hurt your feelings then go cry about it.
pss. i'm not a Geno hater i'm more like a Geno disliker
psss. he would be kinda kool in brawl (love Geno whirl :p 9999 dmg ftw)
there you go

GET OFF MY BRIDGE!!!!! RAWR I'M A TROLL lol
jking all

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sorry was busy w/ something

1.Sure, or you could just tell me what he said pertaining to Geno.

Look at my next post below this 1.

2. Huh? Luigi wasn't in SMRPG. All I'm saying is if you want representation from SMRPG, you already have three representatives. Then you can go on to the other parts of the Mario franchise.

He led the parades. All right Doctor Mario represents all the Mario games, thats y he was in Melee, yup not Wario...uh huh.

3. So you don't actually know if this person is relivant at all?

What? WE don’t know if this person is helping making the game or not.

5. Still nothing has changed. And again, that wasn't a poll. If it was, then you'd see Sonic at the top, since Sakurai said he was the most requested. =/

True it wasn’t a poll, but Sakurai said it’s a poll so unless you want me to lead you to that thread I can’t argue on this point more.

6. No, it's a overall thing. Geno was outclassed in his own game, and never showed up again after that. Paper Mario and Bowser Jr have shown up multiple times though. Heck, characters like Birdo and Waluigi have shown up more times than Geno, and in playable roles. Geno isn't as worthey as them, he's about as worthey as Twink from PM.

Wrong Geno has shown up again but in a small role. Over all PM is another Mario and Jr does outclass him but he is a side villain just trying to please daddy.

7. This thread isn't nearly enough, and you should know that. And even if he is used in the context of a Mario character, he's still owned by SE, a company that has much better characters to add. Want a historically relivant SE character? Get a Black Mage. Want a popular character everyone knows about? Get Cloud. Want some nobody who had one game and one cameo? Get Geno. Heck, he's not even classic like the other obscure characters. (Then again, the ICs were not third party either)

So you acknowledge that he has appeared in another game? Anyways Popular bores Sakurai, Square (Read this somewhere cant remember where TBH but…)doesn’t want to use a FF related character, logical choices are Sora or Geno not a popular which bores Sakurai or a generic character that appears in every game. (see Goomba to koopa troopa on this) Sora is partially owned by Disney so Geno is the only 1 left….

8. Don't know what you're talking about here. Not at all. Are you thinking that Luigi is the only other Mario character I think will get in? No, there will probably be more. But as far as the SMRPG games need to be represented, we have that covered.

Bow and Parakarry, Fawful and Geno all have appeared within a RPG like game twice. True they cover that BUT Doesn’t Peach, Bowser and Mario cover every game? Does Luigi appear in every Mario game?

10. What do you mean Cloud wasn't considered? Do you mean like how Sonic wasn't on your "poll?"

How is it my poll? Anyways Yes Sonic wasn’t on it, but was Cloud? Sakurai revealed that Saki was on that poll as well but was he mentioned like Ridley or Geno?
Sakurai can like obscure characters all he wants, but that doesn't mean he'd use a third party spot for it. Sonic and Snake are not obscure. Any other third party character won't be obscure. Geno is obscure though, and even if he is classified under Mario, he's still third party.

See Serosfan and loophole in legal rights.

And the people here know about him, since this board knows about him, but then again, this board tries to predict everyone. No one really knows who Takamaru is, but there's his thread right there. And while I admit Geno isn't on the Takamaru level, in comparison to Cloud of even the Black Mage, he's a complete nobody.

You could ask everyone in the world about Geno but those who know him are only gamers, and if the 1 mill+ in jpn don't mean anything then idk or the mills in America. If he was Rememberd enough to let him be a candidite 4 Brawl and both the Jpnese and the NA want him then let him be in Brawl.

Would it ruin the game or you for Geno to be in the game? Would you rather want a Young link or Doc. Mario over Geno? Waluigi?

1) And none of that was from Sakurai right? You can't possibly use that as a basis for a argument. None of it was from him. It's like if five of you guys wrote to him, and then because you five did that, Geno has better chances.

2) Well outside of that cameo...which was about as small as Geno's in M&L SS. And Doc was just added there to quickly pad the roster, but even he has shown up more times than Geno. Do you really think they'd make an exception like that again? Are you insinulating that because Geno will be in, that Doc will also show up?

3) So it's just a blind guess.

5) Those were just comments from the poll sure, but those things that came out were not the poll itself. They were like a few entries that Sakurai let people see. We also can't discern to what extent it fits everyone, as the person who recieved the most (Sonic) didn't even show up. Thus it is flawed to use that thing as a grounds for a argument.

6) That wasn't a role. That was a cameo. Heck, he didn't even get his named mentioned. And while Paper Mario is just another Mario (and mind you, if we get a repeat character, it will be Mario) you can't really throw away Bowser Jr. for his motives. Loads of these guys have dumb motives. But still it's more than just those two that Geno doesn't stand a chance against. What about Birdo? Waluigi? Even Rosalina. They all out prioritize him.

7) You've got to be kidding me. Look, a first party character who is obscure one thing, but a third party one is different. It is completely idiotic to waste a spot and deal like that over a junk character who's game is already represented three times over. Sakurai didn't pick a obscure character from Konami or Sega. He got the best. Is Geno the best Square has to offer?

8) Bow and Parakarry have shown up three times. They have more priority than Geno TBQH. I don't know what you're trying to say here. Mario's the only one who appears in all Mario games...the others have huge histories also. Are you saying that they are to stretched and you want a specific? Because why would that be SMRPG? Why not any of the other hundreds of games to get a specific character? Like maybe a more relivant one.

10) I prescribe it as your "poll" because what we got back was not really the poll. And as I said, you can't tell anything from that, as results were clearly screened as shown by Sonic. There's no way to tell what Sakurai got.

And I don't know what loop hole you're talking about, but they'd still need to get the legal rights, and if they could, then they'd get someone better. Sure, ask all the people in the world who Geno is, and see how little you'll get. You know who'd get more? Cloud. Heck, that guy sells games on his name alone. Look at how popular he is on popularity contests. He outweights Geno by tons. So why would Nintendo not use him? Why would they get such an obscure person?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
there you go

GET OFF MY BRIDGE!!!!! RAWR I'M A TROLL lol
jking all
Well that's your opinion and that's nice for you, I have to disagree with you on it. I think Geno IS deserving of all star title, since he is the sole creation of the game Super Mario RPG, one of the best games of all times

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
Enigma, you're only kissing up to him because he, in some weird and dumb reason, respects you.

Geno for Brawlx1,000!

because hes not a terrorist-lawyer :p

Well that's your opinion and that's nice for you, I have to disagree with you on it. I think Geno IS deserving of all star title, since he is the sole creation of the game Super Mario RPG, one of the best games of all times
Axem rangers??? aguable the best game of all time

TBone06

Smash Ace
*Likes pic, but wishes Geno was abve helping Ridley lol*

To be honest, some of the points he made were pretty out there and I honestly thouhgt he was a troll. The guys coming here saying negative points for Geno aren't considered trolls to me, but this guy saying Sonic was part of the Mario series and saying DK and Jumpman are confused becasuse they look similar, made me not believe he was being honest.
aw I love the pic it makes me feel good inside

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
because hes not a terrorist-lawyer :p

Axem rangers??? aguable the best game of all time
The Axem rangers don't have a large fan base,

also they are one of MANY villains throughout the story and NO villain outranks Smithy in importance. Not to mention Axem Rangers (Though maybe Smithy as well) are mass produced soldiers

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Enigma, you're only kissing up to him because he, in some weird and dumb reason, respects you.

Geno for Brawlx1,000!
And you're a ******* I hate just because you think highly of yourself, but thinking with logic and looking at his first post he even states not a troll, and tries to discuss thing with civility, I'm not taking his side but people did rush in here to correct him.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
This game is for Nintendo ALLSTARS, not every charecter that you see in a video game. sure melee had some iffy charecters, but the origenal point of this game is to have the best, most original charecter from nintendo.
and the series has grown since then. any character who has ever been concieved in a nintendo game is eligible for brawl.

That is what i didnt like about melee; face the facts can you really look at me with a straight face and tell me the "Geno" a charecter that appeared in 2 third party games that had mario in it qualifys as a nintendo allstar?
see my above point. and the fact that you don't like the expansion of characters is simply your opinion, not fact, and not representative of the way everyone, including Sakurai, feels.

i was reading the first post of this thread and your aguments are just.... well bad. see the first argument was that "no one heard of him" well i played the mario rpg, great game, and honestly didnt remeber him, i would have never even thought of him ppl hadnt had their "Geno 4 brawl" sigs and i bet some of you havent heard of him before, am eye ->
(thats am i right btw)
i missed your point...

next argument too many mario reps, hes not a mario rep imo hes a square rep (isn't that final fantasy company?)
Geno was introduced in a Mario game, and later appeared in another Mario game. he is a Mario character, a plain and simple fact. you can't argue that he isn't...and i suppose that's where you picked up that Bowser tangent...

your agument for hes only in 2 games, can't really say much there because my #1 pick for brawl is Captin Olimar and he's in 2 games (but those were really memorable games by that i mean if you go in the future in 20 years a person asks about super mario rpg and pikmen which game would the remember more?)
missed your point here too...

now for the 3rd party spot argument, i think sakuri's biggest mistake was revieling sonic too early giving people gumdrop fantastys and lolypop dreams, imo ppl want too many 3rd party charecters but fact is charecters like "pacman"(lolroflrofllolol at all the ppl that think he's gonna be in brawl) arn't really nintendo Alstars they should make their own allstar game like the allstar rare game Diddy Kong Racing
we've already established that Geno is Mario character...and Sonic and Snake aren't nintendo all-stars, which further kills your point from before.

final statement, how bout i make an RPG game with mario and Master Chief from halo, then he'll be in brawl!!!!
Master Chief didn't originate in a Mario game or a nintendo game, and thus he is nothing at all like Geno. you're doing a poor job of conveying your point, if you even have one at this point...

ps. don't flame me because i speak the truth. If i hurt your feelings then go cry about it.
you haven't spoken any truth yet, so i don't think you're in danger of that...

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
I know Enigma didn't originally say this. Just bear with me, because this point has been bugging the hell out of me:

You can't expect Mario, Peach, and Bowser to represent SMRPG as they are. They're the three most important characters to the Mario series in general, and UNLESS THEIR MOVESETS ARE BASED DIRECTLY FROM SMRPG, THEY CAN'T BE EXPECTED TO REPRESENT IT.

If they represent SMRPG, why isn't Peach's FS something like Psyche Bomb? Why isn't Bowser's Bowser Crush? The one and ONLY thing any of them have that was unique to SMRPG was Peach's Frying Pan.

When you think of those three, is SMRPG the first thing to come to mind? No? Okay, how about Geno?

There you go.
R.I.D.L.E.Y hijacked them all.

And I have a possible reason why Square wouldn't try to put up a more well-known character for Brawl...

Cloud is out of the question. The only reason he even has a chance is because he had a cameo in KH: Chain of Memories, and let's not forget that, unlike Geno, he is a TRUE third-party character, and it's pretty much been established that if there is another 3rd party character, it's gonna be Megaman or Bomberman. Besides, Cloud represents the nasty splitup bewteen Nintendo and Square (This isn't THE one and only reason. It's not even very important, but it is a possible deterrant from Nintendo allowing Cloud and Brawl)

And Sora? His legal issues make Geno's look simple. And Chrono's are even more screwed up.

Also, why WOULD Square refuse Geno? Think about it, even if Nintendo has to ask and pay them to use a character, Square's already making millions off of Cloud and Sora thanks to KH and whatever FF7 remake they've come out with lately, while Geno continues to waste away in the filing cabinet. Using Geno in Brawl would be a way to make money off of someone who's barely even seen the light of day since SMRPG. And if it goes well, it could also lead to Geno's appearance in future games, leading to more money for Square, meaning they get an entirely new outlet for income.

These got lost amidst the Bowser talk.

And another point to add to the last one is that Square doesn't decide who gets to go into Brawl. If Sakurai comes for Geno, he will leave with Geno and NOT Cloud, regardless of what Square says. After all, why waste a third-party spot with a boring, uninspired SWORDSMAN that Sakurai has NO interest in?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yea, Geno is the most fitting that Square has to offer. They're not gonna stick some FF character in Brawl.

And can we please stop using the argument of he's not been in enoigh games? Hasn't anyone learned that doesn't matter. Waluigi's been in like 20, and he has no chance. IC and Pit have been in one, and they're in.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
And you're a ******* I hate just because you think highly of yourself, but thinking with logic and looking at his first post he even states not a troll, and tries to discuss thing with civility, I'm not taking his side but people did rush in here to correct him.
"I think high of myself"? What in god's name does that mean? Honestly, I could care less if you hate me, *******. It's the truth, you're respecting him because he's kissing up to you.

HollaBackRyu said he's not a Troll. Good reasoning.

He says we're straying off topic, but he said Bowser hasn't been in alot of Bowser games.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Why do you people think Sakurai is interested in Geno? How do you know Sakurai doesn't love Cloud? How can you guys not know the difference between a secondary third-party character not having enough games as opposed to the obscure stars of first party games?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Why do you people think Sakurai is interested in Geno? How do you know Sakurai doesn't love Cloud? How can you guys not know the difference between a secondary third-party character not having enough games as opposed to the obscure stars of first party games?
because Geno was mentioned 5 times in Sakurai's journal, which clearly shows that Sakurai has an interest in the character. i don't know how he feels about Cloud, but i guarantee it would cost Nintendo significantly more money to get Cloud as opposed to Geno, and it makes far less sense since Geno has already appeared in Nintendo games.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
One question: If Sakurai wasn't interested in Geno, why in **** did he get 5 journal entries?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because:

1) Cloud's not on the poll and I bet some people actually voted for Cloud, yet Geno is 4-5 times (Depending one what exactly you mean)

2) Sakurai actually looked into Geno, which he has only done with a couple characters...The other Known one is Krystal

Why do you care so much anyway?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Those are not Sakurai. Those are other people. Like you.

Cloud may not have shown up, but neither did Sonic, and he was requested the most.

And how would you even know he looked into him?
Because it was stated...

It's in a journal posted by McFox somewhere...lost the link.

You honestly believe Cloud is getting in Brawl?

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.

Cloud may not have shown up, but neither did Sonic, and he was requested the most.

And how would you even know he looked into him?
1. Nope. This "poll" everyone talks about is actually mentions in Sakurai's own journal.

2. Sonic WAS mentioned, just not on the "poll". He was brought up in interviews. And honestly, did Sonic really NEED a mention? We all knew it was going to happen...>_>

3....I actually don't have the proof for this. Come on, people, where is it?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
correct me if i'm wrong, but that was only a cross-section of responses that Sakurai chose to post. meaning it was filtered by Sakurai himself, and he showed the most interest in posting the Geno suggestions.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
THE FOLLOWING POST IS FULL OF WIN. READING IT MAY CAUSE AROUSAL.

This game is for Nintendo ALLSTARS, not every charecter that you see in a video game. sure melee had some iffy charecters, but the origenal point of this game is to have the best, most original charecter from nintendo.
Geno is one of the most popular non-protaganist Nintendo characters ever, and he's very original and fitting for Brawl.

That is what i didnt like about melee; face the facts can you really look at me with a straight face and tell me the "Geno" a charecter that appeared in 2 third party games that had mario in it qualifys as a nintendo allstar?
It's not just some games with Mario in it, it's games from the Mario franchise. Bowser appears in Mario franchise games, thus he is from the Mario franchise, as is Geno.

Geno was introduced in a Mario game, and later appeared in another Mario game. he is a Mario character, a plain and simple fact. you can't argue that he isn't...and i suppose that's where you picked up that Bowser tangent...
A Square character? By that logic, half the roster should just have a Nintendo logo as their icon, Pikachu and Red should have a Game Freak icon, etc, etc. He's a Mario rep, like it or not. Just because square makes FF, does not make him a FF character. Nintendo also makes Zelda games, so is DK a Zelda character now?

Ummm..... Mario RPG is still more famous, liked, and known after 11 1/2 years than Pikman is after 6 years. So I'm, obviously gonna guess Mario RPG.

The requirement to be in Brawl is not be in a game with Mario. It's to be aicon, all star, or piece of history with Nintendo over the course of it's life, which Geno is.

i was reading the first post of this thread and your aguments are just.... well bad. see the first argument was that "no one heard of him" well i played the mario rpg, great game, and honestly didnt remeber him, i would have never even thought of him ppl hadnt had their "Geno 4 brawl" sigs and i bet some of you havent heard of him before, am eye ->
(thats am i right btw)
You also didn't even rememebr that Bowser was in Mario Strikers or Yoshi's Island 2. You say you didn't remember Geno, but in another post you describe his only real game as a game that just had Mario appear in it. So by that logic, if Mario is considered more of a sub-character (even though the game is named after him), then Geno surely would be the main character, correct? So he's the main characte rin one post of yours, and then hes so insignifigant that you couldn't even rememeber him in the game. Please pick one.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
So...you have nothing backing your claims?

And I don't think Cloud will be in, but if Nintendo contacted Square, then they'd get him before they'd get Geno.

(Also why is the above poster saying Geno is one of the most popular Nintendo characters? What's he smoking?)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
1)And none of that was from Sakurai right? You can't possibly use that as a basis for a argument. None of it was from him. It's like if five of you guys wrote to him, and then because you five did that, Geno has better chances.

Ask Fatmanonice. All those responses to people wanting Geno in, Sakurai responded to.

2) Well outside of that cameo...which was about as small as Geno's in M&L SS. And Doc was just added there to quickly pad the roster, but even he has shown up more times than Geno. Do you really think they'd make an exception like that again? Are you insinulating that because Geno will be in, that Doc will also show up?

NO, I'm not, everyone knows Doc is getting the boot, as for the DOC post I was joking about it. But really Who would you rather have…Jr who can turn into a Mario clone? Doc who is a Mario clone? Paper Mario who is another Mario or Geno is not Mario in some way and is unique and original?

3) So it's just a blind guess.

Yes.

5) Those were just comments from the poll sure, but those things that came out were not the poll itself. They were like a few entries that Sakurai let people see. We also can't discern to what extent it fits everyone, as the person who recieved the most (Sonic) didn't even show up. Thus it is flawed to use that thing as a grounds for a argument.

True but if Sakurai didn’t hold that poll, then we wouldn’t even know who was considered or not.

6) That wasn't a role. That was a cameo. Heck, he didn't even get his named mentioned. And while Paper Mario is just another Mario (and mind you, if we get a repeat character, it will be Mario) you can't really throw away Bowser Jr. for his motives. Loads of these guys have dumb motives. But still it's more than just those two that Geno doesn't stand a chance against. What about Birdo? Waluigi? Even Rosalina. They all out prioritize him.

Who’s Rosalina? Anyways yes they out prioritize him but only in amount of games they’ve appeared in. But role wise Geno will always be the sage in the stars.

7) You've got to be kidding me. Look, a first party character who is obscure one thing, but a third party one is different. It is completely idiotic to waste a spot and deal like that over a junk character who's game is already represented three times over. Sakurai didn't pick a obscure character from Konami or Sega. He got the best. Is Geno the best Square has to offer?

No, but he wants Geno because why waste money on a popular character like Sora or Cloud? Or a generic one like Black Mage? Geno has Sakurai’s interest and what the fans want is what we might or might not get. People didn’t mention Cloud in the polls and only wanted him after they noticed Geno was his competition, but Sakurai likes obscure and not popular, as popular bores hm.

8) Bow and Parakarry have shown up three times. They have more priority than Geno TBQH. I don't know what you're trying to say here. Mario's the only one who appears in all Mario games...the others have huge histories also. Are you saying that they are to stretched and you want a specific? Because why would that be SMRPG? Why not any of the other hundreds of games to get a specific character? Like maybe a more relivant one.

Bow and Parakakarry have only shown up in 2 games as a whole. Those cards are just a cameo. Just because they’re nintnedo licensed doesn’t mean they have priority. They were in there because it was a MARIO PAPER GAME. Ok a who is a relelvant character? Define that word for me.

10) I prescribe it as your "poll" because what we got back was not really the poll. And as I said, you can't tell anything from that, as results were clearly screened as shown by Sonic. There's no way to tell what Sakurai got.

True but Fatmanonice got only the Geno responses, because I asked for them, If I told him to get the Sonic responses he might or might not get them and translate them.

And I don't know what loop hole you're talking about, but they'd still need to get the legal rights, and if they could, then they'd get someone better. Sure, ask all the people in the world who Geno is, and see how little you'll get. You know who'd get more? Cloud. Heck, that guy sells games on his name alone. Look at how popular he is on popularity contests. He outweights Geno by tons. So why would Nintendo not use him? Why would they get such an obscure person?

Because cost wise the obscure character is cheaper. Sakurai as I stated before hates popular, Snake seems to be liked among BRAWL fans or else he would have been playable on the demo like Sonic was. Also comparing the rental costs of Geno and Cloud who on a budget would you go for? Who do the fans want that was on the poll? Who wasn’t on the poll?

Top Bottom