• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
After he's announced, their hate will be completely pointless and just serve for people to laugh at...
Yep, exactly. When he gets announced (I'm saying when because I'm confident he will be), although there will still be people who argue, they have nothing to argue about. All we have to do is say "Uhh...Geno is in Brawl. There is nothing to argue about."

y3nia659

Smash Ace
the thing I dislike about Geno, actually Geno fans (most of you) is that you always bring down Mallow. :( Mallow is just as important as Geno, and it would be ridiculous to add one and leave one out. If Sakurai is going to bring in Geno he might as well bring in Mallow.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Geno has no more competition, Toad, Daisy, and obviously Waluigi are out of the picture, well, there is still Bowser. Jr, and Paper Mario.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
the thing I dislike about Geno, actually Geno fans (most of you) is that you always bring down Mallow. :( Mallow is just as important as Geno, and it would be ridiculous to add one and leave one out. If Sakurai is going to bring in Geno he might as well bring in Mallow.
No one brings down Mallow, they just want Geno in before Mallow...Once he's in...Mallow for Brawl!

Geno first though

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno has no more competition, Toad, Daisy, and obviously Waluigi are out of the picture, well, there is still Bowser. Jr, and Paper Mario.
Paper Mario, who the heck would want that?

Bowser Jr. seems reasonable right now for competition of sorts...

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I don't think both of them will make it, one of them will be suited to be playable, and the other would end up being an AT.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
they should be like an IC team, and you guys do bring down Mallow.

you always considered Toad, Daisy, Bowser Jr., Waluigi (no matter how much you hated them) possible characters. but Mallow?

and if one can't be in then I think neither of them should. It's like adding Mario and leaving out Luigi.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
I love Mallow. I just like Geno more, so I want him in first. When he gets confirmed, then I'll start cheering for Mallow. He is awesome!

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman

you always considered Toad, Daisy, Bowser Jr., Waluigi (no matter how much you hated them) possible characters. but Mallow?

and if one can't be in then I think neither of them should. It's like adding Mario and leaving out Luigi.
Most people think that Geno is kind of pushing it. Mallow is just flat out overkill. That would not only be two SE reps, but twice as much trouble creating stuff for them.

That's why we are only pushing for one of them instead of two.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Who ever said we didn't like Mallow?

I mean, he's great too and all, but no single Mario game deserves more than one playable rep, and it just so happens that Geno's more popular and memorable than Mallow.

I'm REALLY hoping for Mallow to appear somewhere in the game though. As an AT.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Paper mario is really the only thing stopping him mostly from what i see (Fatmanonice's wall of text on 2ndary badies >.<.) Anyhow to an extent i really think Sakurai should include both , Why ? Think about it...
Most people are expecting someone to replace the doc right ? So why not put in Geno for that ? (Not that i have anything wrong with this ut i'm noting this.) While it does help the "VC" Release for SMRPG There's still the fact that when i first got melee i was like "Who the heck is ness , And roy :mad:?" The list can go on , So i think sakurai should include Paper mario because of this (So that the people who played melee can expect a "Brawl" Newcomer that they now of.) And then put geno in to please the fans , Simple amirite ? And make Bowser jr An alternative costume for sandbag then make daisy a boss , Simple then we are done.
And who really thought that Waluigi daisy or toad had a shot anyways ;)? XD.[The daisy and bowser jr part where jokes.]

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It would suck as an Ice climber team, especially since they'd have the same attacks and you could only control one of them anyway

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Reason why most of us don't like Mallow is because like Jr.

One is a crybaby who hopefully matured and the other throws tantrums

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I mean, he's great too and all, but no single Mario game deserves more than one rep, and it just so happens that Geno's more popular and memorable than Mallow. .
I don't understand that statement. Bowser, Mario, and Peach all from that game are in Brawl so you're saying no more? I think both should be included, and Metaknight being less important than Dedede did not stop him.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
It would suck as an Ice climber team, especially since they'd have the same attacks and you could only control one of them anyway
Down B:Switch between the other while the one you were play's cabbage ;).
That idea is so awsome actually...Mallow could throw out thunder while geno throw's out star's , Not that it's likely to happen but i'm for uniqueness and we could have them both with similar attacks but some "Changes" And make them different from the IC's By switching and whatnot (Still i perfer geno as a slot alone <_<.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Down B:Switch between the other while the one you were play's cabbage ;).
That idea is so awsome actually...Mallow could throw out thunder while geno throw's out star's , Not that it's likely to happen but i'm for uniqueness and we could have them both with similar attacks but some "Changes" And make them different from the IC's By switching and whatnot (Still i perfer geno as a slot alone <_<.)
That would still suck

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I seriously don't think that Geno and Mallow would both be playable, Geno would represent Square Enix, so would Mallow, and I don't think that it would be wise to have both of them as playable, when you can have Black Mage, or even Sora as a second Square Enix rep.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
That would still suck
I Don't get how you don't find that idea awsome O: , They could be the new top tier! :laugh:.
Anyhow i actually like it , Doubt it will happen but it sure would be unique , Besides focus on who is better for the PC Cut on this: No geno or mallow or Geno and Mallow in my idea form , I'd rather perfer Geno and mallow than nothing at all but still i said i doubt it would happen <_< Would be cool through but we can all dream ;).

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand that statement. Bowser, Mario, and Peach all from that game are in Brawl so you're saying no more? I think both should be included, and Metaknight being less important than Dedede did not stop him.
1. I don't mean reoccuring characters in the series. I mean characters unique to one game. Like Mallow and Geno are unique to and would represent SMRPG. SMRPG, while great, only really needs one playable character. And that would be Geno. And they would only work together as a duo if their attacks were the same, which they're very much not. They don't even have the same weapons.

2. Yes, but Meta Knight is a reoccuring character, not to mention insanely important to the plot of the majority of the Kirby games. Mallow was, in the end, moderately important to the plot and, unlike Geno, was never seen or heard from again after SMRPG.

NOTE: I DO NOT HATE MALLOW! I just don't think he has a chance of being playable. He'd make a great AT, though.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
ohI hope both Geno & Mallow turn out AT's so there's no unfairness in this game, it would just be a fair way to add both in.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Sadly we can only have one as a PC, sure Mallow was on the poll but who got the better results in the end?

Mallow for AT, Geno as a PC

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
1. I don't mean reoccuring characters in the series. I mean characters unique to one game. Like Mallow and Geno are unique to and would represent SMRPG. SMRPG, while great, only really needs one playable character. And that would be Geno. And they would only work together as a duo if their attacks were the same, which they're very much not. They don't even have the same weapons.

2. Yes, but Meta Knight is a reoccuring character, not to mention insanely important to the plot of the majority of the Kirby games. Mallow was, in the end, moderately important to the plot and, unlike Geno, was never seen or heard from again after SMRPG.

NOTE: I DO NOT HATE MALLOW! I just don't think he has a chance of being playable. He'd make a great AT, though.
Seems like nobody read my idea above eh :( ? Simpley just make Down B A switch between the two (Like a move switch between nana and popo) And have there attacks similar like Thunder and Star cannon O:.(Just an idea...>_>.) I Still want geno in brawl more but if i had to pick between that or nothing then i would pick that.(Which will never happen <_<.)
NOTE: NOT THAT I ACTUALLY THINK IT WILL HAPPEN BUT WE HAVE TO USE CREATIVITY AT LEAST TO THINK SOME OF THESE THINGS!

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
A true IC team would be Diddy and Dixie, but that didn't happen, I surely don't think the Geno and Mallow team will happen, but it is a decent idea.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
ohI hope both Geno & Mallow turn out AT's so there's no unfairness in this game, it would just be a fair way to add both in.
Look not everything can be fair. People want Geno, sorry we can't change our opinions that we would rather have a BAMF over a crybaby. Sorry that both are good characters but people especially wanted the puppet over the cloud. Sorry that life isn't fair. Sorry that we can't push for both of them even though it would have been good. AND SORRY THAT YOU DISAGREE WITH MOST PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PLAY AS BOTH INSTEAD OF ONE OF THEM.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
Seems like nobody read my idea above eh :( ? Simpley just make Down B A switch between the two (Like a move switch between nana and popo) And have there attacks similar like Thunder and Star cannon O:.(Just an idea...>_>.) I Still want geno in brawl more but if i had to pick between that or nothing then i would pick that.(Which will never happen <_<.)
NOTE: NOT THAT I ACTUALLY THINK IT WILL HAPPEN BUT WE HAVE TO USE CREATIVITY AT LEAST TO THING SOME OF THESE THINGS!
...I was still typing my response when you posted that. ****, this board moves fast!

It would be cool, but I'd kind of rather just have Geno by himself. Other than their uniqueness to SMRPG, they don't have much in common. They barely even talk to each other. It would just seem kind of forced and less natural than if, say, they had made a Sonic/Tails duo.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
A true IC team would be Diddy and Dixie, but that didn't happen, I surely don't think the Geno and Mallow team will happen, but it is a decent idea.
And my Down B Method to make them more unique so they wouldn't be a total IC Clone would be awsome , I Mean who actually thinks it's possible ? Well it is but hardly..There is more of a chance of Bowser jr , Paper mario , Mallow , And geno all being playable , I Assure you of that...Wow i really want geno updated soon @_@ But as long as he's in i don't mind.(And moar claus.)[I Took the color out because it wasn't working to well With the quote boxes here.]

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
'Kay... I'm back...

I would love to have Mallow as an AT, but what would happen if we did have him in as a PC? What if Waluigi or Paper Mario or Bowser Jr got in?

The problem with these characters is that when you put them in, Brawl ends up looking like a Mario game with a few other franchises mixed in. I know the Mario series are the most popular, so it needs the most characters... but when you start adding real clones in, like a smaller Bowser or what's essentially a 2D Mario, everyone starts to wonder what Nintendo's coming to.

Screw it if they have a "unique moveset" or "aren't a clone"... if you put them in, you're just adding WTF characters for the heck of it. Geno would be a great addition because not only is he very diverse compared to what the Mario franchise comes up with nowadays (Princess Rosetta, anyone?), he's separated from the continuous spin-offs and repetitive sequels by a long shot. Geno's getting in because he deserves this huge chance too **** much.

...Geno for this week!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
...I was still typing my response when you posted that. ****, this board moves fast!

It would be cool, but I'd kind of rather just have Geno by himself. Other than their uniqueness to SMRPG, they don't have much in common. They barely even talk to each other. It would just seem kind of forced and less natural than if, say, they had made a Sonic/Tails duo.
LOL! :p , It does.
Anyhow i would also but if we had to pick between them both like that or nothing i would rather pick em both , Maybe we will see ONE More IC's Duo or so but i doubt even that will happen , I Noticed that SMRPG Kind of didn't have mallow and geno much talking through it , There shy lulz , But let's at least hope geno makes the cut.
Another topic:What other IC'S Duo's (If there are any.) Would be cool for brawl ? Just wondering , And smithy's castle for stage ? :p.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I wouldn't consider Geno a autmatic shoe-in because in all honesty Mario series is already repped by the ones needed. Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser are all it takes to represent Mario series. I think he is highly possible, though it's unfair only him and not Mallow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't consider Geno a autmatic shoe-in because in all honesty Mario series is already repped by the ones needed. Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser are all it takes to represent Mario series. I think he is highly possible, though it's unfair only him and not Mallow.
How is that unfair?

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Seriously, why wouldn't Geno make it?

1. He is high on the polls like Dedede, Ike and Diddy who are playable characters.
2. His rights are easier to obtain than Snake or Sonic's
3. Yoko Shimomura ( his musician) is working on the game doing music.
4. Most of the Mario competition is dead ( Toad, Daisy, obviously Waluigi )

If you can think of more reasons, tell me.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
...It's not unfair, it's the popular vote. One nearly forgotten character is enough for Brawl, but with Geno in Mallow is represented quite well.

Think of it this way: if Geno gets in, a SMRPG sequel is sure to follow. There can't be a true sequel without Mallow. See what I'm getting at?

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
LOL! :p , It does.
Anyhow i would also but if we had to pick between them both like that or nothing i would rather pick em both , Maybe we will see ONE More IC's Duo or so but i doubt even that will happen , I Noticed that SMRPG Kind of didn't have mallow and geno much talking through it , There shy lulz , But let's at least hope geno makes the cut.
Another topic:What other IC'S Duo's (If there are any.) Would be cool for brawl ? Just wondering , And smithy's castle for stage ? :p.
...Well, Geno doesn't talk much. You can barely get Mallow to shut up. I guess that's why people think he's more important to the plot...>_>

Like I said, Sonic/Tails would have been great if they wanted Old-School Sonic. I can understand why they didn't do it. Then there's Diddy/Dixie, which isn't happening either...

We've gotten some hints that we're gonna get the Forest Maze music, so that probably means a Forest Maze stage. Smithy's Factory would be awesome, though.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Don't worry about it :p , Besides i wouldn't want two people from a dead game either (I Mean dead as in the fact it's 10 years old and being broung from the dead to the VC , I Don't intend that as a flame.)
'Kay... I'm back...

I would love to have Mallow as an AT, but what would happen if we did have him in as a PC? What if Waluigi or Paper Mario or Bowser Jr got in?

The problem with these characters is that when you put them in, Brawl ends up looking like a Mario game with a few other franchises mixed in. I know the Mario series are the most popular, so it needs the most characters... but when you start adding real clones in, like a smaller Bowser or what's essentially a 2D Mario, everyone starts to wonder what Nintendo's coming to.

Screw it if they have a "unique moveset" or "aren't a clone"... if you put them in, you're just adding WTF characters for the heck of it. Geno would be a great addition because not only is he very diverse compared to what the Mario franchise comes up with nowadays (Princess Rosetta, anyone?), he's separated from the continuous spin-offs and repetitive sequels by a long shot. Geno's getting in because he deserves this huge chance too **** much.

...Geno for this week!
Well Mario series at least deserves 1 More rep to add to luigi bowser mario and Peach right ? I Think two is notable because we should have one that "People in general" Now about like Bowser jr Or paper Mario and then one more for Geno (Why NOT Do that ?) Because i mean think about it...After getting Dr.Mario for the last Suprise Mario rep in melee...ZOMG HE'S A CLONe , And then putting a 10 year's old character [ I Like geno and whatnot but keep listening] I Think that they should AT LEAST Put a newcomer that more-people-in-general now about for the Mario series To add onto that and since it's a big series (150m Copies.) I Say it deserves Geno and Paper mario , Besides they would both have unique moveset's and it's not melee 2.0 >_>.

Those are my Two-cents into that , Anyhow this is quite a fun discussion.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice

1. He is high on the polls like Dedede, Ike and Diddy who are playable characters.

Don't forget that even Sakurai likes him. :) And he knows that Geno has lots of fans.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
well I don't doubt he can't make it in, but I don't think he's a shoe in there are still some factors to think of.

Geno is not really an icon like Dedede, Krystal, etc. (Toad is a icon, and he's out)
He's just one of the main charcters of the game he's in.
His game is pretty well represented (3/5's) Mario, Peach, and Bowser.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

He shouldn't be in cuz he suckz [/sarcasim]
Only good reason i can think of is the "People-in-general-don't-now-him" Arguement which is quite stupid when they can put in Geno and a Mario rep that people DO Know.

...Well, Geno doesn't talk much. You can barely get Mallow to shut up. I guess that's why people think he's more important to the plot...>_>

Like I said, Sonic/Tails would have been great if they wanted Old-School Sonic. I can understand why they didn't do it. Then there's Diddy/Dixie, which isn't happening either...

We've gotten some hints that we're gonna get the Forest Maze music, so that probably means a Forest Maze stage. Smithy's Factory would be awesome, though.
Maybe if Smrpg two ever comes out they can be friends ? Lawl :p >_> I Guess so.

As to sonic/tails that would have been "Unique" , Diddy and dixie of course isn't happening <_< , I Can't think of another good combo , Ness and lucas...WILL NEVER HAPPEN :p!

As to Forest maze (What hints o_O?) Smithy's factory would be cool through , I Wonder how geno's stage will play out (If there even is one.)

Top Bottom