• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Luckily, it seems us older folks (I'm 17, personally) aren't the only ones who've experienced pure bliss in the form of the SNES.

Answer, NOTHING. Soulja Boy not only proves that modern day rap killed hip-hop, it's pissing on hip-hop's grave :mad:

Born in the NES, original Game boy era myself (21) I got to experience through NES and up...

Of course I didn't get a SUper Nintendo until waaaaay later than usual...

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Duuude! *replies to everybody*

@Oshiro: You thought I was 16, eh? That's good. XD (Most people on the boards insult someone by calling them a 13 year old- when that happens I just kind of slink away)

It appears I have found my internet sibling. :)

And... if you're talking about those awesome Mario dolls with huge heads and wing caps... I have one too! It was my first Mario collectible...

*replaces rap with salsa* There. Problem solved.
It's probably your maturity level that made me think you were older . . . But we do need mature 13-year olds in this world . . .

I want one of those Mario dolls. ;_; I also want to sew my own Mario cap with the wings on it, but I'm such a perfectionist it's not even funny. >_<

That and I also want my own Geno hat. But how to make the huge orange curls? xD

Now you made me hungry for chips and salsa. xDDD

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
@hemightbegiant: Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island and SMRPG made my life awesome. I almost feel sorry for the people that chose the Genesis over it... >_>
Hey, the Genesis was a great system. Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Toejam and Earl, Ristar, Vectorman, Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes....

Hell, Ecco the Dolphin is in my top ten games of all time.

*replaces rap with salsa* There. Problem solved.
Yay! Tito Puente!

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
@hemightbegiant: Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island and SMRPG made my life awesome. I almost feel sorry for the people that chose the Genesis over it... >_>
This was me....;_;

Well, I didn't really CHOOSE the Genesis. I grew up relatively poor, so it was all a matter of which system got to my family first, and well....

I'm going back and playing all the SNES games I missed. And oh, did I miss a lot. A few of them have shot to the top of my favorite games of all time within a single playthrough (Earthbound and SMRPG, to be exact)

And I've never even heard of Soulja Boy. Should I consider myself lucky?

hemightbegiant: Dynamite Headdy? YOU GOT A SECRET BONUS POINT! :D

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I'm going back and playing all the SNES games I missed. And oh, did I miss a lot. A few of them have shot to the top of my favorite games of all time within a single playthrough (Earthbound and SMRPG, to be exact)

And I've never even heard of Soulja Boy. Should I consider myself lucky?
I've been playing SMRPG a lot lately, especially while waiting for the next Brawl update. I just love that game. <3

As for Soulja Boy, yes, consider yourself and your ears lucky. u_u;

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
It's probably your maturity level that made me think you were older . . . But we do need mature 13-year olds in this world . . .

I want one of those Mario dolls. ;_; I also want to sew my own Mario cap with the wings on it, but I'm such a perfectionist it's not even funny. >_<

That and I also want my own Geno hat. But how to make the huge orange curls? xD

Now you made me hungry for chips and salsa. xDDD
Maturity, eh? That's new to me.... XD

I made a Mario wing hat a looooong time ago... it was a baseball hat with tissues taped on.

Ha, Geno hat FTW! Just tape on some paper for the hair, and you're good to go.

Mmm... guacamole...

Hey, the Genesis was a great system. Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Toejam and Earl, Ristar, Vectorman, Dynamite Headdy, Gunstar Heroes....

Hell, Ecco the Dolphin is in my top ten games of all time.

Yay! Tito Puente!
Actually, my grandma had a Genesis before I had an SNES [emulator], so I shouldn't be talking.

You win so much for knowing Toejam and Earl and Dynamite Headdy.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Maturity, eh? That's new to me.... XD

I made a Mario wing hat a looooong time ago... it was a baseball hat with tissues taped on.

Ha, Geno hat FTW! Just tape on some paper for the hair, and you're good to go.

Mmm... guacamole...
Ha! My Geno hat will stand out in a sea of New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies baseball caps! xD I wonder if I can stuff things in it like Geno can with his . . .

I'm so hungry now . . . Maybe it's because I just realized that I haven't eaten a thing all day and it's almost 8:30pm right now. xD

Has anyone ever did a drawing/recolor of Geno wearing the Star Cape? I've always wondered how that would look on him.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Ha! My Geno hat will stand out in a sea of New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies baseball caps! xD I wonder if I can stuff things in it like Geno can with his . . .

I'm so hungry now . . . Maybe it's because I just realized that I haven't eaten a thing all day and it's almost 8:30pm right now. xD

Has anyone ever did a drawing/recolor of Geno wearing the Star Cape? I've always wondered how that would look on him.
where's that image of the star cape?
i'll try my hand at it.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman

I'd just look like a fool, considering I'd be with a bunch of rednecks wearing Carolina Panther/UNC/State hats... XD

O_o Dude, eating is good! Here! *throws Kero Kero Cola*

*points to paralasalud* He's the artist, not me.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
where's that image of the star cape?
i'll try my hand at it.
*rummages through the saved images of Geno's capes* I . . . don't see the Star Cape. >_<; Does anyone have a picture of the Star Cape (or at least what they think it looks like)?

@SMW: KeroKeroCola! *uses it, "Thank you!" speech bubble appears*

I'd probably look like a fool, but I'd be one proud fool because I'm showing off my Geno love. xD

*jumps offline for a bit to grab some much-needed food*

Snakz

Smash Ace
Wow, so much to reply to! where do i begin?

Well me being almost 19, i grew up in the early days of SNES and N64, my favorite games for SNES are SMRPG (obviously) Earthbound (both of which i am currently playing still), Super Mario World, and F-Zero.

I love the old Sonic games, but that wasn't until my N64 days, when i got much, much more into gaming.

I should also mention you guys are driving me crazy with these doodles!! :p i want my scanner SOO badly....:urg:

I also just realized that one Geno's taunt suggestions, where he says "thank you", it should be like Young Link's in Melee. He lifts up his hat a little, pulls out a kerocola, the star appear and disappear, and then that speech bubble pops up. I think that'd be cool.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I'd just look like a fool, considering I'd be with a bunch of rednecks wearing Carolina Panther/UNC/State hats... XD

O_o Dude, eating is good! Here! *throws Kero Kero Cola*

*points to paralasalud* He's the artist, not me.

Especially the State fans >:D *wears UNC sweater*

As for myself Mario RPG was my first RPG.... I really sucked at it lol, could never get past that freaking cake. Then I shelled out 40 bucks on amazon to buy it about a year ago and absolutely loved it. Worth every penny. Killed the cake (that was satisfying). I'd play it now but I don't have a tv in my dorm D: .

Seeing Geno in Brawl would really remind of my childhood... and trying to figure out the complexities of an RPG with my twin brother XD.
ahhhh..... I'm getting nostalgic .

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Especially the State fans >:D *wears UNC sweater*

As for myself Mario RPG was my first RPG.... I really sucked at it lol, could never get past that freaking cake. Then I shelled out 40 bucks on amazon to buy it about a year ago and absolutely loved it. Worth every penny. Killed the cake (that was satisfying). I'd play it now but I don't have a tv in my dorm D: .

Seeing Geno in Brawl would really remind of my childhood... and trying to figure out the complexities of an RPG with my twin brother XD. ahhhh..... I'm getting nostalgic .
At least you got to the cake when you first played...It took me forever to get passed Mack the Knife...not to mention I didn't own it for a while...just rented it. It was a lot more special renting it every once in a while but I loved owning it as well...and FINALLY beating it

Shuma

Smash Hero
Funny when i was a kid i could beat Mario RPG eassily, now i'm too lazy to beat the purple dinnosaur.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Funny when i was a kid i could beat Mario RPG eassily, now i'm too lazy to beat the purple dinnosaur.
I didn't see the point in leveling up since it was my first RPG and just ran straight to the boss

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
*hands tingle with desire to play long lost Super Mario World* Ah, so many memories...

Heh, we've all been reliving our pasts so much we've nearly forgotten about Brawl. ^_^;;

@Snakz: Heh, the scanner is my mortal enemy but I need it so...
That taunt FTW. Geno drinking a Kero Kero Cola would be badass, no matter how innocent that sounds.

@hotgarbage: Oh no you didn't! *puts on State hat and prepares for war*...In the short period of time I had SMRPG when I was a kid, I only got past the first Croco once... and even then it didn't save...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I just found out and you may flame on me if you wish but.... Geno isn't 3rd party

*EDIT** forget what I mentioned but still he does have a good decent chance I'll say about 70% compared to Megaman though it's 90%

Shuma

Smash Hero
They're going to flame you.... because you think Geno is first party? what? is the Geno alliance so ****ed up? well... Geno is mysterious.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Wow...got lost trying to read it all hahaha, im 16, i grew up during the N64 era. Luckily my cousins had Nintendo systems so I grew up borrowing and XD breaking their systems by accident.

Didn't have much friends growing up till like 3 years ago. But Im glad you guys are here with me and Im glad I met each and every supporter here, and hopefully he will be in.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
As horrible as it sounds it took me three months to beat Croco (mainly because I would keep stopping and restarting the game xD ).

Geno could be dressed in a pink tutu and he would still be badass. xD

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
At least you got to the cake when you first played...It took me forever to get passed Mack the Knife...not to mention I didn't own it for a while...just rented it. It was a lot more special renting it every once in a while but I loved owning it as well...and FINALLY beating it
Same here, I rented the game multiple times when I was a kid. The graphics were so good O_O. I remembered the game and how awesome it was so I bought it and beat it.

haha, actually the game I rented had a save file at the end of the game. So my first RPG experience ever was getting annihilated by Smithy XD.

Croco was a pain in the freaking butt.

I didn't see the point in leveling up since it was my first RPG and just ran straight to the boss
ahhhh, so that's why you had trouble with Mac. Personally me and my bro had an obsession with defeating every single enemy, so we didn't really have trouble with that. I guess the cake's candles were too much for our small minds @_@

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I mean i grew up living life outside the internet its just that i wasn't much of a social person as I hoped i could have been

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
the first time i got past that face-switchin smithy i cryed with joy. my party was switched around alot before i found a wining combonation. i used mario, peach and geno. (forget bowser, defence is NOT the way to go.) thogh i rarly used peach (mallow was my man!... or kid.) she was needed. i am ussuly dumb and choose all offence when it comes to RPGs and ignore the healers. >.< i get it eventualy. FF3 taught me a lesson in that!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Wow...got lost trying to read it all hahaha, im 16, i grew up during the N64 era. Luckily my cousins had Nintendo systems so I grew up borrowing and XD breaking their systems by accident.

Didn't have much friends growing up till like 3 years ago. But Im glad you guys are here with me and Im glad I met each and every supporter here, and hopefully he will be in.
And we can rub it in haters faces of course =)

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Yeeeeesss. *looks at GhostAnime's location* Hello, fellow North Carolinian. ^_^
You both aren't too far from me. I'm from southern New Jersey.

@genosall: My winning combination is Mario, Peach and Geno. I'd give Geno the Star Gun and Safety Badge, Peach the Frying Pan and Safety Ring and Mario the Lazy Shell and whatever accessory I felt like giving him. XD

paralasalud

Smash Ace

@genosall: My winning combination is Mario, Peach and Geno. I'd give Geno the Star Gun and Safety Badge, Peach the Frying Pan and Safety Ring and Mario the Lazy Shell and whatever accessory I felt like giving him. XD
i did the same exact thing with my party. :laugh:
i was so tempted today to hook up my SNES and play a bunch of my old games. ahhh man. good stuff.

anyone find the star cape? i remember seeing psycho's scans of other capes, but i don't recall a star cape.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman

O rly? That makes you less than an inch away from me on a globe! Whoah... XD

I'm impatient, so my first time around I used Mario/Bowser/Geno. Three words are what makes this team work: Pick Me Ups.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
you live in NC..?
Yeeeeesss. *looks at GhostAnime's location* Hello, fellow North Carolinian. ^_^
whoa, 3 NCers (lol made up word) in this thread.

the first time i got past that face-switchin smithy i cryed with joy. my party was switched around alot before i found a wining combonation. i used mario, peach and geno. (forget bowser, defence is NOT the way to go.) thogh i rarly used peach (mallow was my man!... or kid.) she was needed. i am ussuly dumb and choose all offence when it comes to RPGs and ignore the healers. >.< i get it eventualy. FF3 taught me a lesson in that!
That's what I used when I beat Smithy a year ago. When I was a kid I used bowser mario and geno..... yea, all offence, and I never made it past that cursed cake.

And we can rub it in haters faces of course =)
I've gotta make an alt to spam Gfaqs :D

Top Bottom