• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
If Chihiro Fujioka (producer of Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy Legend III and several AlphaDream titles) and Square-Enix don't want Sakurai to add Geno into SSBB as anything, then Chihiro Fujioka might let Sakurai use DeMille from Tomato Adventure instead, because |1.| DeMille was mentioned twice in Sakurai's SSBB poll, |2.| Tomato Adventure is the only Nintendo-published title produced by Chihiro Fujioka that isn't a Hamtaro or Mario title, and |3.| DeMille has a large amount of moves for Sakurai to choose from, including some that look similar to the Final Smash moves.

Just because Geno appeared in M&L: SS, doesn't mean he'll enter SSBB. He was added as a reference to Chihiro Fujioka and his works (including M&L: SS and its sequel), just like one of the costumes of Jill in Drill Dozer being a reference to Pulseman. I understand that Geno is one of the most-wanted characters for SSBB, as well as one of the most popular Mario characters, but here are some things that will decrease his chance at entering SSBB:

* He is 3RD-Party (duh!). Even though Sonic, Solid Snake and some of their friends and foes are in SSBB, I assume that Sakurai will only let SSBB represent two 3RD-Party franchises. Of course Geno is more than a 3RD-Party character, which he is also a Mario character, but read these next two things.
* He probably won't look good in SSBB without Mallow or any other original character from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

AND

* SSBB has enough Mario characters. There were four Mario characters in SSBB, excluding clones and characters that are more than Mario characters, which is perhaps the largest amount of SSB characters a franchise could get.

I'm neither a Geno fan nor an anti-Geno person or whatever, but these are my predictions. Flame me if you want, but flames don't bother me much. I'm seriously bored of them.
Nah I see where you are comming from, but I don't get the "too many characters" defense. Mario = Nintendo as much as Ronald Mc Donald is Mc Donalds. There could be 10 Mario Reps and it would be warrented.

Personally, I think they can both be in. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Chihiro Fujioka (producer of Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy Legend III and several AlphaDream titles) and Square-Enix don't want Sakurai to add Geno into SSBB as anything, then Chihiro Fujioka might let Sakurai use DeMille from Tomato Adventure instead, because |1.| DeMille was mentioned twice in Sakurai's SSBB poll, |2.| Tomato Adventure is the only Nintendo-published title produced by Chihiro Fujioka that isn't a Hamtaro or Mario title, and |3.| DeMille has a large amount of moves for Sakurai to choose from, including some that look similar to the Final Smash moves.

Just because Geno appeared in M&L: SS, doesn't mean he'll enter SSBB. He was added as a reference to Chihiro Fujioka and his works (including M&L: SS and its sequel), just like one of the costumes of Jill in Drill Dozer being a reference to Pulseman. I understand that Geno is one of the most-wanted characters for SSBB, as well as one of the most popular Mario characters, but here are some things that will decrease his chance at entering SSBB:

* He is 3RD-Party (duh!). Even though Sonic, Solid Snake and some of their friends and foes are in SSBB, I assume that Sakurai will only let SSBB represent two 3RD-Party franchises. Of course Geno is more than a 3RD-Party character, which he is also a Mario character, but read these next two things.
* He probably won't look good in SSBB without Mallow or any other original character from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

AND

* SSBB has enough Mario characters. There were four Mario characters in SSBB, excluding clones and characters that are more than Mario characters, which is perhaps the largest amount of SSB characters a franchise could get.

I'm neither a Geno fan nor an anti-Geno person or whatever, but these are my predictions. Flame me if you want, but flames don't bother me much. I'm seriously bored of them.
Ok, the only reason your anti-Geno is because your afraid if he gets in, the character you want won't?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whatever, I don't care...Geno should have it more...

Geno fans are much more dedicated too

parrothead

Smash Lord
Ok, the only reason your anti-Geno is because your afraid if he gets in, the character you want won't?
I'm neither a Geno-supporter nor an anti-Geno person, and I'm not saying I'm afraid if Geno appears in SSBB, DeMille won't. I just don't care if Geno appears in SSBB or not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
more dedicated than what/who/huh?
I didn't see any fans of any other character write a 25 page essey why their character should be in Brawl other than a Geno fan...

He delivered it personally himself too

Shuma

Smash Hero
Geno fans are insane. No doubt about it now. Of course you don't burn and pillage other threads. R.I.D.L.E.Y. FTW.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What? that's it? it's not that long, the Ridley thread's first page is longer.
That person mentions it only (Not wrote it out THERE), I think...I didn't read the whole thing...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well, he mentions it... he could be the kind of guy that lies just to be "awesome" come on... it's Nsider 2. You never know with those terrific creatures.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Well, he mentions it... he could be the kind of guy that lies just to be "awesome" come on... it's Nsider 2. You never know with those terrific creatures.
have you seen the thread by said person? i wouldn't put it past him, and the other notable people who wrote that essay.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok, i finished reading his post, he's insane like all of you, i demand you to be called the ♥♪!? Cult not alliance.

Shuma

Smash Hero
true, true. The best characters are insane, i mean look at those eyes in Geno and Ridley, creepy.

Aniway, did you finnaly solve the million dollar Riddle? is Geno First Parthy or third party?

Edit:

No one is trolling here you... geno fan.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
true, true. The best characters are insane, i mean look at those eyes in Geno and Ridley, creepy.

Aniway, did you finnaly solve the million dollar Riddle? is Geno First Parthy or third party?

Edit:

Well, it's confusing...he's NOT the same as Sonic or Snake, that is certain...probably closer to Vaati or something...

Either way, talking to Square IS required though

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

Edit:

Ah. Well you did call us desperate and insane. And the called me a Geno Fan with a facetious tone.

But I won't delve much into it. And the whole first party third part argument is still up in the air.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You ARE insane, you support a possessed doll. Wich makes me giggle each time i say it. I call everyone with a facetious tone... "prettymanfairy".

Well if he's third party.. he would have to get in over megaman(teh noes), if he IS first party i would support him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You ARE insane, you support a possessed doll. Wich makes me giggle each time i say it. I call everyone with a facetious tone... "prettymanfairy".

Well if he's third party.. he would have to get in over megaman(teh noes), if he IS first party i would support him.
I really don't think either of them are going to get in over eachother no matter what party they are...

But again, he's definetly NOT the same as Sonic or Snake or even Megaman but still not quite first or second

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

he's not just any possessed doll - he's got all the weaponry of a small army built inside of him...and then some!

Shuma

Smash Hero
But... something in between... duduuuun. Possessed dolls debates are always fun, i guess it's time for another sig. You've convinced me, Geno for Brawlzorslol.

Edit:

The Weaponary of Satan!.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ah, so my account here is still active... That's cool. Darkspidey said that you guys were talking about me and it seems that some of you might have some questions you might want to ask. I remember talking about the 26 page portfolio that me and 9 other Geno fans made back in June 2006 on this forum basically two weeks after I came back from Japan but I'm not sure if you guys want me to dig it up. Still, I'm here I guess...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah, so my account here is still active... That's cool. Darkspidey said that you guys were talking about me and it seems that some of you might have some questions you might want to ask. I remember talking about the 26 page portfolio that me and 9 other Geno fans made back in June 2006 on this forum basically two weeks after I came back from Japan but I'm not sure if you guys want me to dig it up. Still, I'm here I guess...
Sure, what exactly does it contain?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have it saved on my PC. What's the character limit here because I can very well upload the entire thing on this page in a matter of minutes. In the case the answer is no, this is what it contained:

1. An introduction

2. A petition with 444 names on it representing 444 people from 16 different web forums who supported Geno or any Super Mario RPG character (in other words, they didn't care as long as someone made it).

3. About 15 reasons to why Geno should be included in Brawl and why SMRPG was significant with many of the reasons being at least a paragraph long.

4. Three completely drawn out movesets to give the developers some ideas on how the fans wanted to see Geno play out.

5. A picture drawn by Algus depicting what many fans wanted Geno's special (B) moves to be.

6. Two remodels of Geno drawn by artists I "hired", one of them being sfox8 (currently a member of deviantart) and the other being Laura Mir Wilson.

7. A Japanese and English copy of all of these.

The people who worked on it were myself, Milkman007, Chaosyoshi, Algus, sfox8, Laura Mir Wilson, Demonshadowbolt (of the Game FAQs forums), Meleegrandmarshall, and two other people who I unfortunately don't remember the names of. Even though I did most of the work when it came to collecting names, organizing the whole thing, etc it was a group effort and we spent about 70 hours on it in the course of a week and a half.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yep. I gave him complete artistic freedom when it came to that picture. Before making that picture, he didn't even know who Geno was but he quickly became a fan after doing some research about him and asking me some questions. He told me that his intention was to stay intune with the fact that Geno was still a child's toy but he wanted to give him a little bad @$$ feel to him too. It wasn't what I expected but because he put so much effort into the picture and how I practically begged him to make it (I saw one of his web comics on Nsider and basically lep at the opportunity), I kept it because I wanted to show the developers a variety of ideas instead of the same old thing.

Top Bottom