• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

D

Deleted member

Croco would make a good AT. He'd throw bombs from his bag or whatever the hell he carries.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Alright you got me, good job on the details, just clean it a bit and you got a helluva story there.

Also, what do you the fellow fans want your name under?

Star Citizens - These members are supporters of Geno who do not want to join any of the other factions or are inactive on SWF. This faction has no leader.

Star Knights - These members go out and recruit members and give the main support to Geno in other websites. They are lead by the Star Crusader, Enigma14.

Star Magicians - These members make signatures, banners, animations, fan-fictions and other artwork in support of Geno and spread their artwork throughout the internet. They are lead by the Star Sage.

Star Guardians - These members defend Geno against flamers, ignorance and hate wherever they can. They are lead by the Star Warrior.
i think that i undoubtedly fall under the "Star Magician" category.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Masahiro Sakurai said:
Gray Fox, who engaged in a grand battle to the death with Metal Gear REX... To think that he would reappear on Wii, and alongside Mario and Sonic at that!

You never know what might happen in this world.
...hopefully a certain possessed blue doll will get the same treatment, with Mallow as his AT companion.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
All of these smaller updates that Sakurai has been making gives me hope that something big will be announced by the weekend. And hopefully that big announcement will be Geno confirmed and playable. <3

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
All of these smaller updates that Sakurai has been making gives me hope that something big will be announced by the weekend. And hopefully that big announcement will be Geno confirmed and playable. <3
that'd be amazing....but for some reason i don't think they'll announce Geno until after the game is out. :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
that'd be amazing....but for some reason i don't think they'll announce Geno until after the game is out. :ohwell:
Geno will sure cause more of an uproar than most of the other characters, being controversial for some strange reason

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Geno will sure cause more of an uproar than most of the other characters, being controversial for some strange reason
only if he's deconfirmed for some reason. same with Ridley, i think. but if he's confirmed, the reaction will probably be a lot like it was after Sonic's announcement.

but yeah...that'll be a sad day if Geno is confirmed as an AT. i HIGHLY doubt that'll happen though; that'd be a lot of effort for Nintendo to go through for just an AT, and they'd have to know that a LOT of people would be upset about it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
only if he's deconfirmed for some reason. same with Ridley, i think. but if he's confirmed, the reaction will probably be a lot like it was after Sonic's announcement.

but yeah...that'll be a sad day if Geno is confirmed as an AT. i HIGHLY doubt that'll happen though; that'd be a lot of effort for Nintendo to go through for just an AT, and they'd have to know that a LOT of people would be upset about it.
I was actually referring to a powerful reaction like Sonic but with more mixed feelings among people...

But hopefully I'm wrong and people actually finally accept him...

Unfortunetly I might not be, seeing as people for some reason didn't accept King Dedede

Edit: Yes, now that I think about it...People such as Dedede and Ridley have haters...Sonic did too...Bleh, just ignore all that

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
the Bowser Jr. fans probably wouldn't take it too well...:laugh:

but that's their problem! he's such a lame character, anyway.....i can see him being a pretty good AT, though.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Yuuup I voted for Geno. I think the only one thats going to be close to Geno is Ridley. But I've always wondered who had the bigger fanbase. We should find out here.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I own a Brawl fansite, and I'm curently putting it through a few changes, but when it relaunches, I'm going to put a button for the Geno Alliance on it. Can anyone make a button for the Geno Alliance? I need no wider than about 138 pixels I think, so 135 would be ideal. Thanks to anyone who wants to help.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ridley, that character has "Reyairia's main" written all over him, and that's with I never mained a character in Melee.

I could care less for Geno, and I wouldn't be able to see him getting in if it weren't for his huge popularity.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
looking at today's update, Geno's chances of being an AT steadily increase from what I thought before.

... or does it? I always thought there was no chance of a third-party AT but if they can't get him playable, there's a possibility he's a cameo again.

Necro Pit

Smash Cadet
looking at today's update, Geno's chances of being an AT steadily increase from what I thought before.

... or does it? I always thought there was no chance of a third-party AT but if they can't get him playable, there's a possibility he's a cameo again.
i really doubt he'll become an AT because why work so hard just to get him as an AT.
Sakurai wouldn't do that to us.........i hope.:dizzy:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
OMG OMG OMG SNAKZ AND I WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE UPDATE!

He said AT, I said gameplay!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
i really doubt he'll become an AT because why work so hard just to get him as an AT.
Sakurai wouldn't do that to us.........i hope.:dizzy:
Fatman from NSider sent Nintendo a 26 paged report as to why Geno should be in Brawl. Hopefully they read and considered it.

Snakz

Smash Ace
OMG OMG OMG SNAKZ AND I WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE UPDATE!

He said AT, I said gameplay!
You did?? wow nice guess!

Yea, i think after we've gotten all this stuff outta the way now (i predicted a normal item, an AT and some music before another character update, lucky me :grin: ), we can now expect a newcomer tomorrow or friday...BUT WHO'S IT GONNA BE?? the suspense is killing me!

Oh and guys, dont think just cause Gray Fox was made an AT means Geno has any more of a chance of being a AT than he did before. Remember, Kojima asked Sakurai to put in Snake as a favor, so either Kojima asked to put in Gray Fox too, or Sakurai asked for Gray Fox in return of Kojima's request. Either way it had nothing to do with politics.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Oh, please don't get me thinking about the idea of Geno being an AT. That would get me so upset. ;_;

So many people have requested for him to be playable . . . He has such a huge fanbase . . . Why would Sakurai make him an AT?

Btw I voted in that poll that PsychoIncarnate posted a few posts back . . . Geno's in second place; spread the Geno love!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I just don't think it's plausible for Geno to be put in as an AT. Sure, in theory, Sakurai could do it, but it would surely be one of, if not -the- dumbest thing(s) he's ever done.

Gray Fox was made an AT because:

1) He has no playable character status in Metal Gear. (I know about VR Missions, but that is by far the most minor game in the series.)
2) Snake is already in Brawl, allowing for additional elements from his games to be brought onboard.
3) While he may have a fanbase, he was not highly requested for playable status in Brawl.

Now, Geno, on the other hand, meets all of the criteria listed above. There's no way Sakurai is going to try to tap into the SMRPG pool and only come out with an AT. If Square lends the rights to Geno to Sakurai, he's going to be playable. Nothing else.

Hell, Geno is SMRPG.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

There isn't going to be any 3rd party AT's unless someone from their franchise/game is a character. Though technically people are, the ONLY way Geno is being an AT is if somehow Mallow get's in as a character

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, one good thing that does come out of this is we know now that, in the event that Geno is a playable character, Sakurai can bring in other characters from the SMRPG cast. Since Gray Fox has been confirmed, an Axem Rangers and Mallow AT don't sound so far-fetched anymore.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Geno being an AT also be a big waste of money? Sakurai would have to pay just to have Geno make a cameo appearance. And just think of the uproar all of us Geno fans would cause . . .

I had another one of my Geno dreams last night, but all I remember was that he was on a ship and said "I serve . . . a higher authority" in this really deep voice.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Foreshadowing...?;)
That would be so cool.

I've been having Geno dreams on and off for the past month or so now; they usually consist of somehow announcing him being in Brawl. One dream consisted of a friend of mine getting his copy of Brawl several months early and unlocking all the characters and letting me play and finding out that Geno was playable and all of his SMRPG attacks updated for Brawl.

Another dream consisted of the Dojo being in a newspaper-esque format and scrolling down and finding out that Geno was playable.

There were more dreams, but I forgot them at the moment. xD

I do remember a dream though where Geno was sent over to hunt down Hilary Duff fans . . . :laugh:

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Cooperpot said:
Well, one good thing that does come out of this is we know now that, in the event that Geno is a playable character, Sakurai can bring in other characters from the SMRPG cast. Since Gray Fox has been confirmed, an Axem Rangers and Mallow AT don't sound so far-fetched anymore.
Oh good, if that isn't sweet bliss, I don't know what is. Gray Fox is epic. <3

But yeah, Mallow popping out of his trousers summoning a lightning storm to strike everyone in your closest vicinity or the Axem Rangers swarming the screen like Pit's Final Smash sounds pretty **** good right now. (:

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I prefer the idea of a Mallow AT over an Axem Rangers AT. Mallow was one of Geno's friends. The Axem Rangers were on Smithy's side. Why would Geno call upon the forces of evil to help him? Or maybe I'm just over analyzing things?

I can see Mallow coming on the screen and using Thunderbolt or Star Rain . . . Or even Snowy . . . Huge snowmen FTW!

Sorry if I'm not making much sense; I'm still half asleep at the moment. xD

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well the game is nonsensical, and Geno specifically wouldn't necessarily always summon the Axem Rangers himself. Why would Snake summon Grey Fox when Grey Fox was out to get Snake for most of the game? xD

It's all just great fan service. Although I would have loved to play as Grey Fox, even though I seriously doubted him being playable. I am finally relieved to at least see him be an Assist Trophy. But, I insist on Geno being a playable character. No ten second animation will subdue my crave to play as him.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
How long have we been waiting for Geno to be playable again, eleven years now?

I remember getting an N64 along with Mario Kart 64 for Christmas one year and I remember dreaming of the idea of Geno coming back and being in it and what his kart would look like and such. Of course, he was not in it, and of course that made me really sad.

It would be so awesome to play as Geno again, especially since SMRPG was a big part of my childhood (I started playing the game when it first came out in 1996 and I was only 12/going on 13 at the time. It was the first RPG I ever played and it was the muse for my first fanfics (even though they were really, really bad lol). You don't know how bad I want to hear Geno say, "I serve . . . a higher authority" and proceed to defeat the enemy . . .

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well the game is nonsensical, and Geno specifically wouldn't necessarily always summon the Axem Rangers himself. Why would Snake summon Grey Fox when Grey Fox was out to get Snake for most of the game? xD
My thoughts exactly.

It's all just great fan service. Although I would have loved to play as Grey Fox, even though I seriously doubted him being playable. I am finally relieved to at least see him be an Assist Trophy. But, I insist on Geno being a playable character. No ten second animation will subdue my crave to play as him.
Again, you copied the thoughts right out of my head and pasted them here. Gray (or is it Grey?) Fox is my favorite AT so far, and Geno is an all or bust character.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Honestly I prefer the idea of a Mallow AT over an Axem Rangers AT. Mallow was one of Geno's friends. The Axem Rangers were on Smithy's side. Why would Geno call upon the forces of evil to help him? Or maybe I'm just over analyzing things?

I can see Mallow coming on the screen and using Thunderbolt or Star Rain . . . Or even Snowy . . . Huge snowmen FTW!

Sorry if I'm not making much sense; I'm still half asleep at the moment. xD
*points to andross assist trophy*
why would fox call on andross to help him?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Actually, if Square happens to get someone ELSE into Brawl, then yes - Geno CAN be an AT. =_=

Top Bottom