• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Actually, if Square happens to get someone ELSE into Brawl, then yes - Geno CAN be an AT. =_=
If that happens then I will boycott Square-Enix until Geno is playable. If it never happens, then I will never play another Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game ever.

I am that serious about wanting Geno in Brawl, and I will be that upset if such a thing was to happen.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, lets axe the negativity. One of our best weapons (on these boards) is optimism. So stay positive!

He has better chances than most, so save your tears for all of the fans out there that won't be getting their characters in. Yes, I'm looking at you, Weighted Companion Cube.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Well, lets axe the negativity. One of our best weapons (on these boards) is optimism. So stay positive!

He has better chances than most, so save your tears for all of the fans out there that won't be getting their characters in. Yes, I'm looking at you, Weighted Companion Cube.
Yes.

GENO FOR BRAWL! ^^

And hopefully that'll happen tonight or tomorrow night . . . I just want all the madness and debates to end.

That and I'm dying to know what he's going to look and sound like.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Square is the EMBODIMENT of bad game ideas.

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
Why play a game about drinking wine...when you can actually drink a real glass of wine? :laugh:

As for that poll, I voted for Geno already but we need more votes. Show your support people!

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
Well we now know that 3rd party assist trophies are possible. Though if Geno isn't a PC I will...... well lets just say it won't be pretty.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well we now know that 3rd party assist trophies are possible. Though if Geno isn't a PC I will...... well lets just say it won't be pretty.
Again, there probably won't be 3rd party AT's unless a character is represented as well...

Snake - Gray Fox

Sonic - Tails or Knuckles or something...

The only way Geno is being an AT is if Mallow get's in ahead of him

No way is it good that Mallow ends up as the PC

Mcpuff

Smash Rookie
I just voted for Geno in the linked poll. He is still down by a few votes, so get to it people.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Geno too! ^_^

We need to get Geno to the top! *starts pushing random Geno fans into the polls to vote for him*

And why does the idea of Mallow making it as a PC and Geno the AT make me laugh? Is it because it's that much of a ridiculous idea? I mean, I want both to be playable, but I REALLY want Geno to be a PC more than anything. I'd be satisfied if Mallow is an AT but I won't be happy unless Geno is playable.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I voted.
I've actually been playing through mario rpg again just to get psyched for when he's announced.
Such a good game.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Again, there probably won't be 3rd party AT's unless a character is represented as well...

Snake - Gray Fox

Sonic - Tails or Knuckles or something...

The only way Geno is being an AT is if Mallow get's in ahead of him

No way is it good that Mallow ends up as the PC
But dude, Geno is a MARIO character. We already HAVE Mario characters.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
@DynamiteSpoony: Tails AT FTW! ^^

Mallow's voice . . . I've always pictured him having a young, innocent voice to match his personality, but light enough that can represent that he's from somewhere like Nimbus Land. Maybe a hint of an accent that belongs to the residents of Tadpole Pond because he grew up there as well? =/

@Pythag: I've been playing SMRPG nonstop myself! I usually play that while I wait for the updates at 2am EST. xD It's definitely my all-time favorite game. <3

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I think that Geno will get in as the extra Mario Rep. He deserves it more then anyone else that is up for the extra spot.

Geno is basically a given.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I think that Geno will get in as the extra Mario Rep. He deserves it more then anyone else that is up for the extra spot.

Geno is basically a given.
I agree. Isn't Bowser Jr. the only one in any kind of competition against Geno for that spot? And wouldn't he just be a Bowser clone?

We're over 100,000 views now! ^.^ *Geno victory pose*

Mcpuff

Smash Rookie
I agree. Isn't Bowser Jr. the only one in any kind of competition against Geno for that spot? And wouldn't he just be a Bowser clone?
Bowser Jr. is the only realistic competition Geno has now. However, some people want to see "paper mario" as a PC, which I will never understand considering the negative responce Dr. Mario had in Melee.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well, you can say the speculation died down quite a bit after Krystal's VA leaked info. For a lot of people, its a question of when Krystal will be announced. Officially, we are still in the dark about Geno. Sakurai hasn't hinted at his arrival, there have been no SMRPG ATs, and Geno still belongs to Square. Lets not forget that Luigi and Bowser Jr. are likely to take higher priority over Geno's supposed 1st party inclusion. The Mario Sunshine references give me the feeling Bowser Jr. is going to pop up as a PC and Luigi is a given.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, you can say the speculation died down quite a bit after Krystal's VA leaked info. For a lot of people, its a question of when Krystal will be announced. Officially, we are still in the dark about Geno. Sakurai hasn't hinted at his arrival, there have been no SMRPG ATs, and Geno still belongs to Square. Lets not forget that Luigi and Bowser Jr. are likely to take higher priority over Geno's supposed 1st party inclusion. The Mario Sunshine references give me the feeling Bowser Jr. is going to pop up as a PC and Luigi is a given.
Various statements by people and Sakurai himself speaking and asking around of Geno leads me, at least, to the conclusion that he will be in the game

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
*Cough*2nd most requested*Cough*

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
*Cough*2nd most requested*Cough*
For those of you hanging your hat on the "poll" that featured Geno's name next to Ridley and Diddy Kong, I think I should tell you that those were just the amount of letters suggesting Geno should be in Brawl. In the actual poll on the Nintendo of Japan site, Geno actually did quite poorly. The original polls have already been taken down and the info has already been sent to Sakurai. Every suggestion Sakurai would have listened to has been accounted for way back during the early stages of the development process.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. is the only realistic competition Geno has now. However, some people want to see "paper mario" as a PC, which I will never understand considering the negative responce Dr. Mario had in Melee.
I never really understood how or why Dr. Mario made it in Melee. I always thought to myself, "He's just another version of Mario."

And wouldn't Paper Mario be the same thing? What kind of move set would Paper Mario have?

Hong

The Strongest
xD I lol @ when people think Bowser Jr even has a chance. Not even any response from the developers. "Hey, how about a Bowser clone with a paintbrush that can turn into a Mario clone?" As if the developers would actually want to represent such a bomb of a Mario game. The Mario unlockables will be Luigi and Geno as they offer something interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For those of you hanging your hat on the "poll" that featured Geno's name next to Ridley and Diddy Kong, I think I should tell you that those were just the amount of letters suggesting Geno should be in Brawl. In the actual poll on the Nintendo of Japan site, Geno actually did quite poorly. The original polls have already been taken down and the info has already been sent to Sakurai. Every suggestion Sakurai would have listened to has been accounted for way back during the early stages of the development process.
The "Poll" YOUR referring to is not the Brawl poll

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Care to point me to the Brawl poll?
The only poll with Hard numbers of the exact people that voted was the melee poll

Geno did do poorly on that

THE ONLY thing we received from the Brawl poll was the mentions by Sakurai

Mcpuff

Smash Rookie
^^ I've heard that Dr. Mario was added to Melee to give Sakurai an excuse to use Dr. Mario music. I've also heard that he was added due to time restraints (they planned for someone else, but did not have time to program a completely new character, thus the clones). Weither or not either of these senarios are credible, I couldn't say.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
The only poll with Hard numbers of the exact people that voted was the melee poll

yep, but on that list Geno tied with King DeDeDe with the most mentions by Sakurai.....and lo and behold, DeDeDe is confirmed.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
^^ I've heard that Dr. Mario was added to Melee to give Sakurai an excuse to use Dr. Mario music. I've also heard that he was added due to time restraints (they planned for someone else, but did not have time to program a completely new character, thus the clones). Weither or not either of these senarios are credible, I couldn't say.
Hmmm . . .

I don't mind the Dr. Mario music (I love Melee's music by the way even though the DK rap made me go WTF), but it just seemed as though Dr. Mario was cheap compared to several of the other characters.

Now our Geno isn't a clone of anyone; his uniqueness right there increases his chances of making it in as a PC. ^^

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I think the poll doesn't matter anymore. Sakurai knows he's out there and he's intrigued. if he did poor in the poll.. it only helps him because Sakurai loves obscure characters.

Geno still has the same amount of chances.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
xD I lol @ when people think Bowser Jr even has a chance. Not even any response from the developers. "Hey, how about a Bowser clone with a paintbrush that can turn into a Mario clone?" As if the developers would actually want to represent such a bomb of a Mario game. The Mario unlockables will be Luigi and Geno as they offer something interesting.
Not to mention that if Bowser Jr. were to be playable, it'd be analogous to the D.K./Diddy thing: two creatures that are the same animal (?) with one being smaller than the other.

On the flip side, name one person/relationship that Geno is similar to.

Mcpuff

Smash Rookie

In reality, # of mentions by Sakurai > # of votes in a public poll. After all, Sakurai is the one in charge of making the game, and as such, he has a huge say in what characters get in. If Sakurai takes an interest in a character (as he obviously has with Geno) it is a much better indication of that characters chances than "popularity".

Top Bottom