• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL FL Brawl 2011 Power Rankings (Updated 8/26/11)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
That's a lie. Me, kyon, hrnut, exdeath, dtorr, and gindler all showed up for the first half of it and no one else did so they were like **** that since no one was showing up. Then y'all started to go. I went everytime except the last two. Due to work and me just not wanting to go. You guys did nt show up until half way into the season

:phone:
Uh no. I showed up to the first one with everyone there thank you very much. You hrnut and gindler showed up 3 times. Which was great. I understand yall have lives, jobs, and school. Still doesn't change for the greater part of the endeavor it was 3 regulars and 1 new guy(that wizzrobe kid). We continued on like that for at least 2 months where it would just be me ryan and keith despite asking on the boards, fb, and the like.
Eh, FL is bad anyway. TX > FL
Lies and Slander.
:awesome:

You're not understanding me.

SFL's scene is too small for anyone but the top 2 placers to have a reasonable expectation of net profit.

You're mistaking your own motivation as being a common motivation instead of having actually spoken with the general community. Viper started his own scene in SWFL and he actually looked for what the general community wanted and asked them as his scene grew. Now his scene is probably bigger than the Orlando/Miami scene combined.

You say that such a mentality doesn't work to help improve, but in about a year's time, Viper went from placing near last place to beating players like Poltergust in tournament and beating players like Pikapika in MMs.

It just occurred to me that I might be giving the impression of advocating free tournaments, when in actuality I'm advocating cheap tournaments. I was merely using Japan as an example.
Your right. Orlando is dead. Mah bad. Doesn't change my point that i don't really have people to play on a decent basis besides ryan =/

2-DJeff

Smash Master
@kuro Lol I showed up 3 times? Just to show how dumb that statement was let me get a name search (gdx)(keith kelly) keith other than yourself did I not show up second to the most? Lol hrnut and gindler showed up atleast 5 times 3 of the mini tournaments we did. We di a dubz tournament the first day and 2 singles tournaments and hrnut and ginsler showed up 2 more times before the mini tournament ryo showed up to. Your facts are wrong. Way wrong. Considering the fact that you didn't know I showed up to everyone except the last 2. Now I think about it you didn't even show up to one of them when we did singles. And another one when you went out to ibar with mink. Because I was gonna go but I said nah ill be at kub with gdx. I was there playing ae on pc every friday.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Your probably right about you. But your also wrong about me. I showed up to near everyone bar like...3.

Also, ya i forgot about the times we had the fests the day before the nlls. You guys showed up then. Mah b.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
So...

cheap fests/tournies for locals

standard price for serious tournaments/regionals once in a while

Sounds good. The only thing missing is a mandatory Mario Party 2 setup at each event

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
But if Mario Party 2 is there we MUST have Ed at every tournament so he can make us feel bad in Mecha Marathon.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you dont have to namesearch bait me for a florida thread bro :laugh:

(i check these regularly anyway)

Point being, barely anyone showed up on a consistent basis, which wasn't good enough to continue the hostings. whats done is done.

Also I would still be down with playing people if they asked. The problem is that all weekdays are out of the question due to work + school, so I can only actually play on weekends when my homework pile is at my waist or lower in height

Also also I said that no matter of my attendance to brawl only nationals, I would still attend next level lans. And speaking of which, the next one is on February 25th for those who want to save the date. I have to make the thread later today but it will be :

MK Banned for everything
Apex stagelist

Xaltis

Smash Hero
HOTD is SO last year.
:p

And i'd go for Saeko.
She has purple hair :3
Nah its still da bess~

I watched it last year and I'm re watching it cause its so good. The only anime I've ever re watched.

Can't think of anything better atm so get outta here.

and Saeko is joey's. = P

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
A tournament basically is a smashfest, besides Door Fee no one is forcing anyone else to pay for singles or doubles. You can always go to a tournament, not enter and still get plenty of casuals in...
Yeah...good luck with that.

*CT*

Smash Lord
You guys should update your PRs like almost everyone else in Alt.South :awesome:

EDIT: Just to stay on topic, was gonna post it earlier but.

Yeah as I got older I thought the expenses for local tournament fees weren't too bad (compared to when I started trying to play smash when I didn't have any income at all; when 5-10$ was a lot...it still kinda is since I don't really have a job atm) but traveling makes it pretty harsh on the wallet with gas prices and food constantly going up and what not.

I mean also considering the costs of going out to party (which I rarely due) and to buy water, its just about the same if not less, than going to tournaments. Same thing with other various hobbies, in the end, hobbies no matter what they are; are always expensive....and time consuming. So I think it pans out in the end.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I remember when I was in favor of playing to learn/execute (not to be confused with practicing because that's done on one's own time) over playing to not lose (not to be confused with playing to win as players are trying to win regardless unless they're comfortable with being a scrub) and my arguments were shot down. Oh well, I'm glad to see mindsets are changing for the most part better.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i dont understand. why would u play a game to win. its all about

scrubin it up>trolling> moaning > making excuses > killing yourself > winning

DFEAR

Smash Hero
a face that can be easily placed on all adverts.

example.

Throughout human history, man needed a way to determine the hour of the days.

in past, we used the very sun to determine the hour of day. but that became too straining on our delicate mammal eyes.

we evolved our technology to create the sun dial. a device to remedy the strains the sun had on our eyes.

ages have passed and discovered

FOSSIL WATCHES

FOSSIL. The watch that withstands the test of time.

*slogan jingle*

8Bitman

Smash Master
Benny you are too funny bro.

Benny used to like Brawl, but then he took an arrow to the knee.

Top Bottom