• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL FL Brawl 2011 Power Rankings (Updated 8/26/11)

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
If you REALLY want the community to grow, have as many smashfests as you possibly can. The main reason why the community was dying before was because of the financial toll the tournaments had on their players. $60-$70 for a few games sucked (including food and gas).

Tournaments should be TOURNAMENTS. They should be hype. They should be intense. Tournaments lose this power when you have them all of the time.

I would also come to smashfests assuming it was date permitting as well.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yes there would be a door fee for zp, there always is

i use zelda in low tiers :D thanks justin for showing me the ways

and i think xaltis is gona do REALLY good with just sonic. I could see him getting by far with even only using falco or mk for fighting ddd. other than that i don't see anyone having an easy time with him. (still thinks sonic is high tier)

stupid approach mixups imo lol

im becoming a firm believer in people using the characters they simply want to use. That's just me.

and i'm perfectly fine with having a vote for the 5 dollar singles tourny of mk banned or not, than possibly having another singles tourny for free with the losing side.

iunno, we'll figure it out

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Wait hold up, it wouldn't matter though if someone else were to be an IC ditto.

You know, chain grabs and such.
Especially diddy w/ Banana lock.
Also snake and his bombs and stuff.

===

One thing's for sure though.

I could definitely be wanting some cool $1 Bi-weeklies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Idea... What if we all organized it so that each area could have 1 tourney weekend a month

This way ppl can all travel to different tourneys every week..

Like SFL can have weekend 1

NFL can have weekend 2

CFL can have Weekend 3

and some1 else like FGCU or Tampa can have week 4

This way we will at least respect other peoples tourneys and increase the likelyhood that people can travel and play together.

Whoever can travel will travel and that way we all can play 2gether

:sonic:

BTW

Come 2 dis ****!!! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315124

& if you plan on coming call me asap so u can get a Vip Booth, Bottle & 10 ppl in free 2 my job this saturday nite 4 $55

Xaltis

Smash Hero
yes there would be a door fee for zp, there always is

i use zelda in low tiers :D thanks justin for showing me the ways

and i think xaltis is gona do REALLY good with just sonic. I could see him getting by far with even only using falco or mk for fighting ddd. other than that i don't see anyone having an easy time with him. (still thinks sonic is high tier)

stupid approach mixups imo lol

im becoming a firm believer in people using the characters they simply want to use. That's just me.

and i'm perfectly fine with having a vote for the 5 dollar singles tourny of mk banned or not, than possibly having another singles tourny for free with the losing side.

iunno, we'll figure it out
Everyone will fear my Sonic >:3

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If you REALLY want the community to grow, have as many smashfests as you possibly can. The main reason why the community was dying before was because of the financial toll the tournaments had on their players. $60-$70 for a few games sucked (including food and gas).

Tournaments should be TOURNAMENTS. They should be hype. They should be intense. Tournaments lose this power when you have them all of the time.

I would also come to smashfests assuming it was date permitting as well.
Ah yes things I made a large post about in August gg :laugh:

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Actually you may all want to just find the thread I made about numerous tourney hostings back from summer/fall pretty much already solved all your problems

Exdeath

Smash Master
Nobody mains Falco in Florida. Not even me.

I use :snake: now.
Viper

Actually you may all want to just find the thread I made about numerous tourney hostings back from summer/fall pretty much already solved all your problems

That's ok. I've been saying that we should use the Japanese stage list for at least a year. I also made a full thread pointing out that only ESAM makes a reasonable profit from tournaments and that we're better off minimizing -- if not eliminating -- tournament costs sans door fees. I also came up with the regional schedule for CFL (not that it mattered on account of Gallax quitting and me getting wrecked by PSC).

People only listen to ideas if someone said them a while back. :laugh:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Heeeeey~

I like winning money :(

That aside (especially considering I don't live here) money gives people incentive. Incentive to play their absolute best, incentive to travel, incentive to practice as much as they can. Obviously, this is so that they can win and start profiting. Yeah, beating people is awesome and dandy, but at free tournaments there would always be the "Oh there was no money on the line so I wasn't trying" john and people will legitimately not play as well as they would if money is on the line.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
honest opinion time

if i hosted a 5 dollar singles tourny using japan ruleset with mk legal, who all would come?

i'd also do free side events like all brawl/doubles/low tier on the side. yes for free cuz i'd like to take the focus of florida's community a little off of money if possible.

but im more interested to know if people would come and enter singles with those rules.

so leme know before i waste any time in doing so. I'll be flexible with the date, but sometime within the next month or so. lemme know wuts best.

oh and if anyone cares for w.e. reason, i'd use about 80-90% wario all tourny
This is really something Florida needs and I'd be down for sure. If this happens I could also bring some of the regulars from my tourney including Tobin and Wifi Pit if he doesn't have to work. Do you have a set date in mind? I just don't want it to overlap my tournaments cause then I would be :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
On somewhat related news I will start gathering results for tourneys this weekend I promise :laugh:

Currently locked in an epic duel with physics 2

8Bitman

Smash Master
Make doubles Mid Tier Doubles...

Then we're talkin'.
I love Mink. :3

SEIBRIK!!! BAN MK! HE IS BANNED NOW! You just made an entire thread on saying why the Japanese are better than us, and you want a now banned character legal to train against? No no no. =(

On a lighter note, I would go to every one of these if you held them monthly or bi-weekly. I am down. =)

As soon as Driver's Ed finishes in the middle of next month I am all in. =)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Japanese stagelist..now I never said that so I didn't jack your swag there but I do remember you talking about it

Door fees are unfortunately essential though as potential venues want it

Regional schedule...don't remember that one. How did polk wreck you? Just made you mad busy ?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'd be down to come david! But as always i can only go if ryan goes lol. Or maybe gville could get me on their way down if they decide to go and ryan decides to not go.

Also, japanese ruleset mk banned. And then a free mk legal. That'd be my vote :p

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK! Let's team for mid-tier doubles if you go :awesome:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
MK in Brawl is banned, but PIkachu in 64 isn't banned.
Think about it.

I mean, I voted for MK to be banned... but I'd revoke it in a second.

Top Bottom