• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL FL Brawl 2011 Power Rankings (Updated 8/26/11)

2-DJeff

Smash Master
yup thats why im bad :). and everyone that lost to me is even worse. nope i went a dum character on everyone in pools except for dwho because we had beef and renki because we play alot then
other than that everyone else got the same treatment

MVD

Smash Master
judging that I am a better player I guess I could help but your clearly the best ever with that attitude :p

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Listen to him, Jeff. MVD's Snake made my Snake the man he is today.

Getting 4-0'd by ESAM's Ice Climbers in a Money Match, getting 2 stocked by 2-D Jeff's Ice Climbers, and getting 3 stocked by 2link's Peach.

MVD

Smash Master
cause my advice is blunt and to the point and they cant do it cause they bad

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well there are quite a few top players who cant really verbalize how they do things, as it comes so naturally to them they cant really explain it to someone else

MVD is one of those. Im kinda like that myself, probably 70%

nothing wrong with that btw. Just how some players are. that goes with any game not just smash

MVD

Smash Master
I can verbalize what I do, its just ppl cant replicate it cause its so specific, its not like im telling someone how to CG

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I have a simple solution to all of this .... just don't lose. Something ill be trying to do since my name matters for a few months lol
I'm quite the sandbagger myself .... against certain people :D

:phone:

Renki

Smash Journeyman
-Looks at thread...shakes head...walks away-

Yep, I'm terrible...because

I'M SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIK

....against ICs. **** ICs. =_=

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
well there are quite a few top players who cant really verbalize how they do things, as it comes so naturally to them they cant really explain it to someone else

MVD is one of those. Im kinda like that myself, probably 70%

nothing wrong with that btw. Just how some players are. that goes with any game not just smash
“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”

-Albert Einstein

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
working "well enough" is not striving for an ideal

it's maintaining a very lazy playstyle (which unfortunately is easier to do in brawl than just about any other game)

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'm aware of that. I already acknowledged that I lost the set so you're just pointing out the obvious. The vid I posted showed that I could still win if I approached, which I did. I didn't say approaching means automatic victory. I said approaching is possible. Two different things.

I agree with this.
IIRC you said that he has a 2-0 record vs. you this season, which is a different season from that set.

First look at the new Smash Bros. for the Wii U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY2LqzSb6ts&feature=related
I didn't know that Poison was going to be in it. Hype.

you havnt seen me use there prox against them before mink its easy to rack damage with. your acting like these things are completely in snakes control
ICs are amazing with proximities. It would be amazing if they had Snake's Dsmash.

MVD

Smash Master
Are you legit calling me lazy. LOL I meant Idk what I'm doing as in sometimes I don't think bout what I'm doing sorry if being innovative is a bad thing sorry I don't use cookie cutter tactics like everyone and I adopted a play style of my own
And this ideal you preach about for me is ima do what I want when I want and.it will work so I do think I have set am ideal for players

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
you misunderstand the importance of being able to fully comprehend and explain what you do in simple terms (if only for your own benefit)

AfroQT

Smash Master
lol

"Cookie cutter"

Quotes don't magically apply to everything just because they are quotes. Alot of players play off their instincts, they cant really describe what they do and thats not necessarily a bad thing.

And for snake, alot of times it just comes down to picking an option just "because". Theres no real way to explain why.

MVD

Smash Master
I know what I do but if I can't explain it oh well that rarely happens Afro says it best , its like why did you f smash? well cause I had all his rolls covered so why not

MVD

Smash Master
If ppl ask me tips on snake I tell them to do your own thing that or don't play him cause its too frustrating plain and simple, a lot of what I do rely on random dumb luck so how can I explain luck

Top Bottom