• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Diddy Kong Tournament Stage Match-up Discussion

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Luigi's Mansion is a double edged sword. If you get a lead, you can camp Wario pretty well until he destroys the house, where you gotta try to fend him off until the house comes back up. If Wario gets the lead, he can camp you regardless of whether the house is up or not (try to take it down yourself anyways).

Also, you cannot force Wario to air release unless you grab him over an edge or on a slope (Yoshi's for example). So picking Luigi's to get easier hits from grab releases is not a valid idea unless you are trying to grab him off the edge of the floors or a platform lol.

I've thought about stages a bit more, and here's my list of good, bad, and neutral for Diddy

Ban/Do not CP:

RC
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Norfair
Lylat
YI
Pictochat
Luigi's Mansion
Port Town Aero (If that is legal in your area lol)
Jungle Japes
Mario Circuit (If that is legal in your area lol)
Pirate Ship
Frigate
Halberd
Distant Planet (If that is legal in your area lol)
Green Hill Zone (If that is legal in your area lol)
Corneria
Green Greens
Skyworld (If it's legal in your area lol)
Pipes (If it's legal in your area lol)

Counterpicks:

FD
Smashville

Neutral:
Yoshi's (It's a hit or miss)
Pictochat/Luigi's Mansion (If they aren't playing gay these stages are fine)
Corneria ^^^^^
Castle Siege^^^^
Battle Field^^^^
Pirate Ship^^^^
Delfino^^^^
Lylat^^^^
Halberd^^^^

I know this list seems... bad for Diddy lol, but it's my opinion. I've also thought about making Smashville either neutral or Ban because of that moving platform and how it helps Wario camp even better, but I've not played a bajillion times against a Diddy on that stage so for now I have it as CP. FD unfortunately for you guys will probably be banned by the Wario player, but if it isn't you can rejoice at having a comfortable stage, although Wario if he truly busts his *** can be a ***** here too. This matchup unfortunately depends on how campy the Wario wants to be. At his campiest, Diddy loses on probably every stage I can think of, even FD. The more aggressive he gets, the more Stages Diddy can get away with having it as neutral or in the Monkey's favor. I however know better and have no problem running like a marathon man even on FD lol. So just keep that in mind, if you are fighting an aggressive Wario you can wreck him on a lot of stages, but once he plays campy it's gonna be a huge spacing war.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well for Mansion, once you get the house destroyed it's like FD which is good against Wario. Both parts of the stage is good for Diddy against Wario. Also, you CAN air release Wario at lower percents with Diddy, I've done it several times, but I'm not if Wario can escape the air release. I heard a rumor from another Wario user that if you hold down on the control stick that you have a better chance of getting the ground release, but I wasn't sure if that's true, but I think you can still get the air release on Wario at lower percents even with that.

Also, I agree 90% of the double edged sword thing. The 10% I don't agree with is that you can't completely camp Diddy on LM. If stalling is permitted, then no, I would NEVER CP that stage against Wario. If stalling isn't permitted I might CP this stage, I, personally, have an easier time fighting Wario on platformed stages if they air camp a lot. I've played Warios who beat me on FD, but I 2 stock on BF because their air camping didn't work as well on platformed stages. Now mansion is kinda weird when it comes to the platforms because they move, get destroyed, vanish, etc. But I don't think the camping can completely shut you off. Once the Mansion is destroyed, I say let him camp you until the mansion appears again, there's nothing he can do about it if he continues to camp.

Also, I don't know why you have Pictochat as a ban, unless they don't play gay, but even if they do play gay I don't get why. While diddy's bananas control the ground game, the hazards control the air game. With Wario playing mostly in the air the hazards can hurt his air game a lot, but Wario can control the air REALLY well and can avoid it and sometimes bring you into the hazards, and when it doesn't have any hazards it's like FD. Now I'm not sure how Pictochat's blast zones work, because I rarely play the stage, but I assume you live slightly longer through the ceilings because the main platform is at the bottom of the stage, but only 1 of Diddy's KO moves work upwards, and it's one of his worst kill moves, Uair. The only disadvantage I can see here is a Wario with good DI, if my theory is true, is that Wario will DI upwards for Diddy's kill moves which sucks because Wario is one of the heaviest chars in the game.

Edit: Didn't see the ROB stage discussion.

CPs:
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Brinstar/Norfair/Distant Planet?

Bans:
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat
Japes
Lugi's Mansion

I'm putting brinstar/norfair/distant planet up there because the counterpicking made easy thread (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187501) list these as good CPs against ROBs. While I do see his weaknesses on these stages, I don't completely think that Diddy has a large enough advantage on these stages for it to be considered a counter pick

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Trust me, I know just about everything regarding Wario and grab releases. Diddy is not tall enough to air release Wario on flat land/not over an edge or on a slope. If you grab a Wario on FD, in the center, and he air releases, then it is HIS fault for doing so.

The reason I have Luigi's and Pictochat on ban is because even though they are similar to FD they are WAY too big. Pictochat is also bad for Diddy with a lot of transformations (The Whale, the Trees, the platform with the ladder, the Sail Boat, building blocks/bricks, etc).

Player-1

Smash Legend
Trust me, I know just about everything regarding Wario and grab releases. Diddy is not tall enough to air release Wario on flat land/not over an edge or on a slope. If you grab a Wario on FD, in the center, and he air releases, then it is HIS fault for doing so.

The reason I have Luigi's and Pictochat on ban is because even though they are similar to FD they are WAY too big. Pictochat is also bad for Diddy with a lot of transformations (The Whale, the Trees, the platform with the ladder, the Sail Boat, building blocks/bricks, etc).
Wait, so what is the factor for that makes Wario get Air released/ground released instead of the other?

Yes, I agree with you that they are big, but they're not that much bigger than FD (this is also a reason I don't like CPing FD against Wario users), and some of the transformations force the pleyers to the ledges.

And those transformations don't necessarily hurt Diddy. I don't know where you came to the conclusion that walls = bad for Diddy, but you can get wall infinited if you're not careful. The only thing I wouldn't like playing on would be the whale, everything else I see as fine.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Stages don't matter for diddy against Rob as long as it's not in his favor. Otherwise just cp any neutral you're most comfortable on.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i usually love to cp brinstar because of low ceiling and small horizon but **** man fighting a rob there is like wtf :\ he can bounce his gyro the same way we can with our bananas in the center and its like ugh u ******* rob xD and he tries lazering on the other side >_>. robs always fair u off stage to kill/gimp u :\ what can i do on this stage if a rob cp's me here? i usually peanut till he approaches but **** man they just say lol why do I A ROB have to approach lol :\ so it gets frustrating.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yeah always ban luigis mansion against rob, luckily for NJ we actually have FAIR stages only. Rob just can dsmash you repeatedly on the ceiling and tech chase you, it's hard to tech on demand in this game against something like that too. Also he can camp harder than usual with lasers and it's insanely hard to get KO's on him when he's inside the house.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Wait, so what is the factor for that makes Wario get Air released/ground released instead of the other?
If the Wario spams jump instead of button mashing.

Yes, I agree with you that they are big, but they're not that much bigger than FD (this is also a reason I don't like CPing FD against Wario users), and some of the transformations force the pleyers to the ledges.

And those transformations don't necessarily hurt Diddy. I don't know where you came to the conclusion that walls = bad for Diddy, but you can get wall infinited if you're not careful. The only thing I wouldn't like playing on would be the whale, everything else I see as fine.
I agree with you for the most part but the fact that the stage is bigger at all makes it more of a nuisance for us as Diddy mains to get that already hard to get kill. As far as the stage transformations, I do not think DMG meant that it put Diddy at a disadvantage, just that it's not as easy as on a flat stage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If the Wario spams jump instead of button mashing.

I agree with you for the most part but the fact that the stage is bigger at all makes it more of a nuisance for us as Diddy mains to get that already hard to get kill. As far as the stage transformations, I do not think DMG meant that it put Diddy at a disadvantage, just that it's not as easy as on a flat stage.
so if Wario gets grabbed they should mash the jump button and they will always get air released as opposed to ground released?

Actually, yes DMG was saying it put Diddy at a disadvantage, that's why he has it in his ban section when you're playing Diddy, why would you ban a stage that is good for Diddy in this matchup?

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
so if Wario gets grabbed they should mash the jump button and they will always get air released as opposed to ground released?
It's the same for every character; I don't know if your using of the word should means anything though? I don't know this match-up too well; does Diddy benefit if Wario gets air or ground released or does it not make a difference?

Actually, yes DMG was saying it put Diddy at a disadvantage, that's why he has it in his ban section
Ahhh, I just wasn't paying attention and only payed attention to the latter post. Yeah, you're right. What's the ratio on Diddy vs. Wario anyway? Yes, I realize I'm asking for an opinion.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's the same for every character; I don't know if your using of the word should means anything though? I don't know this match-up too well; does Diddy benefit if Wario gets air or ground released or does it not make a difference?

Ahhh, I just wasn't paying attention and only payed attention to the latter post. Yeah, you're right. What's the ratio on Diddy vs. Wario anyway? Yes, I realize I'm asking for an opinion.

Diddy can use any aerial on Wario after they air release (except maybe bair). Meaning if you grab Wario over an edge then they're pretty much ****ed if they don't SDI to tech (which I think only works some of the time or depends on the kind of spike). You could banana lock Wario across the stage then grab release > dair.

DMG was also saying that Wario can somehow do something so they always ground release if the character is small enough so they don't get lifted into the air when they're grabbed, while on stage. You're telling me if the Wario player does NOT press their jump button then they will always be ground released if the character is small enough and is on the stage so that Wario doesn't hang in the air? This just doesn't sound right to me

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Diddy can use any aerial on Wario after they air release (except maybe bair). Meaning if you grab Wario over an edge then they're pretty much ****ed if they don't SDI to tech (which I think only works some of the time or depends on the kind of spike). You could banana lock Wario across the stage then grab release > dair.
Oh...so it's just like Snake... I'm assuming Wario gets sent straight upward so I have to do a full hop?

DMG was also saying that Wario can somehow do something so they always ground release if the character is small enough so they don't get lifted into the air when they're grabbed, while on stage. You're telling me if the Wario player does NOT press their jump button then they will always be ground released if the character is small enough and is on the stage so that Wario doesn't hang in the air? This just doesn't sound right to me
Yeah, I was talking to Affinity about this the other day; the only way to get a guaranteed air release is if the character being grabbed dangles in the air (like when Marth grabs Meta Knight). So unless Diddy is taller than Wario, if Wario avoids his jump buttons, he should be home free. [[Someone should test this to make sure...just in case]]

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Pictochat is so good for Diddy. The trees, ladders, and building blocks are not bad for Diddy at all, and the whale and sailboat is only bad if they are inside of them while you are outside them, otherwise you can wait near the edge while holding a banana with a banana underneath you (if both outside), not many people would attempt to approach you in that situation. You can always stall a portion of the transformations such as the bricks if you want (Setup banana and just peanut camp). Not to mention, you can use the hazards to your advantage better than most characters can, using the hazards to kill when Diddy can't. The hazards (plant, roller coaster, and fire) move the game to the ground where you can control them with bananas. I've had a %70+ combo using the side spikes and a %100+ combo using the hill transformations...Its my main counterpick if they ban Final Destination. If they ban Pictochat (Which people are recently doing against me), I can go FD or SV, which is what any Diddy wants...

Player-1

Smash Legend
CPs:
Smashville
Rainbow Cruise
Final Destination
Brinstar
Battlefield

Bans:
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Frigatae Orpheon
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion?
Yoshi's Island

I've put Brinstar in both my CP/Ban list. The reason why is now I'm really unsure of the stage. I remember being on the Lucario boards and talking about in-depth discussion about stages. Both me and the Lucario boards put this here on the bans, but now that I go back and think about it I think it could be better for Diddy. Lucario sometimes won't kill you as early here because he won't be living that long for his damage multiplier to go up. On the other hand his smashes get that longer lasting hitbox, and he can't be gimped as early here. So I'm not sure about it.

I'm also unsure about Luigi's Mansion. It's a good Lucario stage, but I'm not sure if it gives him a large enough advantage for this matchup.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Sorry it took so long on the ROB discussion I just didn't see it going anywhere with ROB being such a weird matchup especially for stages.

Also please justify with your decision for the matchup, it helps the thread to discuss and debate and gives the thread ideas, an also helps me right the summary :D

Not just picking on you, this applies to everyone

Luigi Mansion
- Rocket Barrel Canceling is a beast on this stage
- Lucario is really HARD to kill inside the house
- Peanut helps against lucario aerials
- Lucario can CAMP, CAMP , CAMP under the ceiling w/ the blast
- Diddy can manuvure better in the stage than lucario
- Lucario can ceiling tech with his Utilt

Diddy Kong has some advantage, but just because it is hard to kill lucario overall and with the house helping I'm going to have to BAN this stage.
Any Input?

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
CPs:
Smashville
Rainbow Cruise
Final Destination
Brinstar
Battlefield

Bans:
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion?
Yoshi's Island

I've put Brinstar in both my CP/Ban list. The reason why is now I'm really unsure of the stage. I remember being on the Lucario boards and talking about in-depth discussion about stages. Both me and the Lucario boards put this here on the bans, but now that I go back and think about it I think it could be better for Diddy. Lucario sometimes won't kill you as early here because he won't be living that long for his damage multiplier to go up. On the other hand his smashes get that longer lasting hitbox, and he can't be gimped as early here. So I'm not sure about it.

I'm also unsure about Luigi's Mansion. It's a good Lucario stage, but I'm not sure if it gives him a large enough advantage for this matchup.
Sorry it took so long on the ROB discussion I just didn't see it going anywhere with ROB being such a weird matchup especially for stages.

Also please justify with your decision for the matchup, it helps the thread to discuss and debate and gives the thread ideas, an also helps me right the summary :D

Not just picking on you, this applies to everyone

Luigi Mansion
- Rocket Barrel Canceling is a beast on this stage
- Lucario is really HARD to kill inside the house
- Peanut helps against lucario aerials
- Lucario can CAMP, CAMP , CAMP under the ceiling w/ the blast
- Diddy can manuvure better in the stage than lucario
- Lucario can ceiling tech with his Utilt

Diddy Kong has some advantage, but just because it is hard to kill lucario overall and with the house helping I'm going to have to BAN this stage.
Any Input?
I love P-1's list for the most part. There are 1.5 adjustments I would make to it though. First off, my favorite stage is Lylat (weird for a Diddy main, I know, but it's sooo good if you can live on it in my opinion) to begin with so that would immediately be on my Counter Pick list. Even if you do not like the stage I think this would be a perfect CP to Lucario to punish his recovery.
The 0.5 is the Luigi's mansion part, I do not think that Lucario would CP for this because they have stronger counter picks but that does not mean Diddy should CP this. I think this stage strongly benefits Lucario a whole lot more than it benefits Diddy.
I do not know if P-1 put his ban list in any particular order, but if he did I think Frigate should always be the first stage to be banned against Lucario, not Norfair.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
I love P-1's list for the most part. There are 1.5 adjustments I would make to it though. First off, my favorite stage is Lylat (weird for a Diddy main, I know, but it's sooo good if you can live on it in my opinion) to begin with so that would immediately be on my Counter Pick list. Even if you do not like the stage I think this would be a perfect CP to Lucario to punish his recovery.
The 0.5 is the Luigi's mansion part, I do not think that Lucario would CP for this because they have stronger counter picks but that does not mean Diddy should CP this. I think this stage strongly benefits Lucario a whole lot more than it benefits Diddy.
I do not know if P-1 put his ban list in any particular order, but if he did I think Frigate should always be the first stage to be banned against Lucario, not Norfair.
WHY!?!?!?. . . PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR REASONS!!!!!!!!

Sorry not trying to be mean [seriously] but it REALLLLY Helps the general discussion and everyone else reading your discussion if you tell me WHY you think that.

Just using you as my guinea pig :D
I do Thank you for contributing in the first place just I can't stand that habit thats why ROB discussion took so long because there were no WHYS.

Yes, P1 always has a fairly decent list for the discussion I just wish he would give me his reasons and don't worry I also wagged my finger at him for not telling him his reasons

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
WHY!?!?!?. . . PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR REASONS!!!!!!!!

Sorry not trying to be mean [seriously] but it REALLLLY Helps the general discussion and everyone else reading your discussion if you tell me WHY you think that.

Just using you as my guinea pig :D
I do Thank you for contributing in the first place just I can't stand that habit thats why ROB discussion took so long because there were no WHYS.
Oh, sorry. I stated the main reason which is because it gimps severely gimps Lucario's recovery. Also I think there was a thread some time back talking about why Lylat was such a good stage for Diddy Kong. I'm also a Diddy Kong who loves platforms because I love utilizing instant throwing (WHICH EVERY DIDDY KONG NEEDS TO PICK UP). The platforms not only provide for instant throwing (which almost always hits) but if Diddy is under the platforms he can banana pluck without worrying about the bananas landing on the platforms as much as he would on Battle Field. Lastly, the tilting on the stage should hurt Lucario's special from time to time.

The only bad thing about this stage is it has the possibility to hurt Diddy's recovery but definitely not as much as it hurts Lucario's. This can easily be avoided if you practice aiming your rocket barrel slightly above the edge; Diddy will not be stage spiked and will still grab the ledge. Yes, sex, I know. ;)

Frigate...that's easy. That's just Lucario's "best" stage. He can not really be gimped on recovery because he always has walls to cling to. Don't let him.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Oh, sorry. I stated the main reason which is because it gimps severely gimps Lucario's recovery. Also I think there was a thread some time back talking about why Lylat was such a good stage for Diddy Kong. I'm also a Diddy Kong who loves platforms because I love utilizing instant throwing (WHICH EVERY DIDDY KONG NEEDS TO PICK UP). The platforms not only provide for instant throwing (which almost always hits) but if Diddy is under the platforms he can banana pluck without worrying about the bananas landing on the platforms as much as he would on Battle Field. Lastly, the tilting on the stage should hurt Lucario's special from time to time.

The only bad thing about this stage is it has the possibility to hurt Diddy's recovery but definitely not as much as it hurts Lucario's. This can easily be avoided if you practice aiming your rocket barrel slightly above the edge; Diddy will not be stage spiked and will still grab the ledge. Yes, sex, I know. ;)

Frigate...that's easy. That's just Lucario's "best" stage. He can not really be gimped on recovery because he always has walls to cling to. Don't let him.
Awesome! I have a visual, and Now your review on the stage has alot more weight towards the discussion for the summary cause we now have a base line to discuss the ideas you put out.

See I didn't know his recovery was so easilly hurt from lylat NOW I know!
Maby you can answers my questions then since you know the character / stage matchup.

Questions: Lylat
- What part of the stage is lucarion easily gimped? [Under the stage, vertical to the ledge, 45* degree from the stage]
- Does the edge of the stage hurt Lucarios blast because of the tilt?

Thanks for not freaking out on me :D cause of thoes CAPITALS they hurt sometimes :D

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Questions: Lylat
- What part of the stage is lucario easily gimped? [Under the stage, vertical to the ledge, 45* degree from the stage]
- Does the edge of the stage hurt Lucario's blast because of the tilt?

Thanks for not freaking out on me :D cause of those CAPITALS they hurt sometimes :D
Lucario should struggle to recover in a lot of different situations. The most notable is when Lucario is under Lylat because he will be forced to semi-circle around. If Lucario is recovering from a diagonal than he will most likely be home-free BUT the stage may tilt and he may hit the "bottom" and die. He will most likely live if he is going horizontally.
No matter what I think Diddy should do one of two things: 1. Grab the ledge which is probably preferable or 2. Throw a banana at him (works best if he is coming horizontally so it brings him under the stage more).

What I meant was that, let's say the stage tilts like this \. If Lucario is on the right side of the stage and shoots an aura sphere, the ball with hit the center of Lylat and will not travel to hit Diddy just like any other projectile.

ALSO! I think Royal Nynja made a thread about this a long, long time ago about when Diddy throws a banana horizontal to a stage that it will keep sliding after hitting the ground. I do not know if Diddy can exploit this when the stage tilts, someone should do some testing.

Don't worry about it, you're just trying to run a successful thread and I don't think there is any reason for me to "freak out" on you.
(b^_^)b

jog

Smash Journeyman
hey PhatyCHONG i'm trying to get my own stage discussion going on the lucario boards but they're slow. anyways i started with diddy and i was wondering after you guys come to a conclusion if you could just send me your info and i can add it to the lucaio boards as well. i feel my diddy section is lacking to say the least :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yoshi's Island- Lucario's best neutral, he's able to wall cling to the stages to avoid gimps. It's a good Diddy stage, but most of the time Lucario's (or players in general) feel more comfortable on a neutral stage and will CP the best one. Also, you want to try get your chances of winning that first game so you already have the stage CP advantage so you may want to avoid this stage.

Frigate: Lucario's best CP most of the time, he's harder to gimp here because he can wall cling on any edge of the stage during any transformation, plus you have the 2 platforms that come out from the sides of the stage sometimes. The slopes on the 2nd part of the transformation buff his air game, especially his Fair and Dair.

Japes: Another good Lucario stage. He's harder to gimp here, he can camp pretty well here, and he can live long here, especially against Diddy, by DIing upwards which means a higher damage multiplier.

Norfair: Harder to gimp, he ground game and his air game get buffed here, he can live longer which means more damage multiplier. Aura sphere also gets a buff here I say since there's more likely of a tech chase when you get hit up on top of a platform.

Mansion: Harder to kill Lucario here, damage multiplier goes up. The pillars also give Lucario that extended hitbox time. His Aura Spheres get nerfed because of the pillars, and Mansion isn't that bad of a Diddy stage, much like FD when it's destroyed.

Brinstar: Easier to kill Lucario so you might live a little bit longer, but not much since the small blast zones affect. Harder to gimp Lucario. The columns on the sides give Lucario the extended hitbox time. Easier to camp Lucario.

Smashville: Unable to wall cling. Lucario diesn't quicker here than FD. Flat stage gives Diddy the advantage.

Rainbow Cruise: Easily gimped recovery, dair gets buffed, fair gets nerfed for Lucario.

Final Destination: Flat stage gives Diddy the advantage, he's able to wall cling though and he lives longer.

Battlefield: Any neutral stage is good in the matchup except YI really.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Can you move the discussion onward now?
I feel that we've been on Lucario long enough, especially since the thread is stationary at the moment.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Can you move the discussion onward now?
I feel that we've been on Lucario long enough, especially since the thread is stationary at the moment.
Yes, the discussion is stationary, but I do need to still keep this matchup open for an appropriate amount of time incase someone who has missed the topic or hasn't been able to get on. Its about a week so I'm going to make the list when I get home from school tomorrow.

Olimar starts next

TreK

Is "that guy"
i'm too sloow :o
Lucario -> i CP corneria and ban norfair for obvious IFEARTEHAURA reasons.

Olimar -> i think olimars ban either RC or Orpheon, so i'd probably pick the unbanned one. Ban norfair at all cost xP
Btw, they've already discussed us
;format:
character
best neutral
best cp stage
second best/third best/ect. cp
worst(is always rainbow cruise)
second worst

Diddy Kong
bf
norfair
luigi's mansion
rainbow cruise
n/a

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
i'm too sloow :o
Lucario -> i CP corneria and ban norfair for obvious IFEARTEHAURA reasons.

Olimar -> i think olimars ban either RC or Orpheon, so i'd probably pick the unbanned one. Ban norfair at all cost xP
Btw, they've already discussed us
We usually discuss and pick multiple BAN's and CP's stages incase the opponet has already banned them already. RC and Orpheon will definatly be on the list, Luigi Mansion sound deadly for Diddy.

Thanks for the quote, also I've always gone on the discussed character and read about there stage / stage matchup / general matchup discussions.

This is the first day of the discussion so I'm going to research on it probably tomorrow.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar eh? Counterpick RC/FD- whichever one the Olimar player doesn't ban.
As diddy, you should ban luigi's if it's legal, and if it's already banned, then probably either Yoshi's island or Halberd.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
What about Norfair. I heard that Olimar was awesome on that stage and my bro who mains him CPs me there when I ban Luigis.

For CPs, I like Frigate more than Rainbow. Maybe its cause of my inexperience on that stage but on RC, the matchs with my bros Olimar are always close (last stock middle/high percents) Someone have any tips for playing Olimar on this stage besides the obvious like gimping him during the 2nd part

For bans, I always go with Luigis Mansion. I just take too much damage if I miss a tech cause he just follows-up with several Usmashs in a row. Plus I feel restricted in the house and dash attacks at higher percents are easily teched. But my second choice is definitely Norfair.

Whats so bad about Halberd? To me its like a second FD which is one of Diddys best neutrals. Also, why not put FD if you say SV is a good CP Player-1? Does the platform make the matchup easier as compared to no PFs on FD or what?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ban Halberd because his he kills REALLY early on this stage, he camp pretty well too, especially when the laser comes in and is in between the 2 of you because Olimar can jump and throw pikmin etc.

I just prefer taking any character that can camp well to SV over FD, except Snake.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Bans:
Norfair
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island
Lylat

CPs:
FD
SV
Mansion
Castle Siege

IDK I'm really confused on this matchup, there isn't really any stage where either character overtake the others except, IMO, Mansion and Brinstar.

Luigi's Mansion- Pillars mess with thunder jolt, anyone who think that Pika's Dsmash is amazing, think again easily DIable. The 'tunnel' area can mess with Pika's QAC which is his biggest advantage against Diddy IMO. Hard time killing Diddy on this stage. Just watch out for Pika's hitbox time being extended.

Brinstar- Pika can recover through the stage, the pillars and the things that break give Pika an extended hitbox. Pika can kill Diddy fairly low.

Norfair- Pika's thunder and thunder jolts get a buff, his dsmash reaches most of the platforms width. If you don't camp the middle platform then Pika can punish easily.

FD- Pika has the longest trip animation in the game (I believe?), so banana locks are easy. You can prioritize thunder jolts with simple jabs. Just a good stage for Diddy in general

SV- Same reasons as FD.

Yoshi's Island- Worst neutral stage in this matchup IMO, but still not that bad. Basically an FD, but I dislike Pika's thunderjolt on this stage because it goes up along the walls and can gimp you easier. The middle platform takes up a lot of stage which gives Pika a buff

Lylat- The platforms give Pika a buff in this matchup, Pika has a MUCH easier time recovering on this stage than Diddy. Pika seems to have an easier time controlling this stage than Diddy.

Castle Siege

1st Transformation- Pika's advantage. The walls can gimp your recovery like YI with thunder jolts, Pika can camp somewhat well on either side of the stage.

2nd Transformation- Diddy's advantage, higher ceilings, the statues act as barriers in between the thunder jolts. Walk off edges can be used for banana locking off the stage due to Pika's long trip animation.

3rd Transformation- Diddy's advantage. Overall an FD that tilts, the tilts don't really tip into either characters favor so I think it's good for Diddy.

again, I'm really confused on thsi one =/.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
If I was counterpicking a Diddy player, I would take him to Rainbow Cruise or Battlefield. On Battlefield, he has a tougher time getting banana combos with the platforms, and on Rainbow Cruise, the bananas won't help much with the movement of the stage. When facing a Diddy, I would ban Final Destination without a doubt for obvious reasons. Fortunately for us Pikachus, Diddy Kongs tend to completely overestimate their advantage in this matchup. Although Pika has the longest tripping animation in the game, thunder jolts easily keep Diddy occupied on the ground. If Diddy takes to the air, Pikachu has a better aerial game. Therefore, you either deal with tjolts and get punished or at least distracted from your bananas, or you jump and have to deal with Pikachu's aerial game. The Diddy forums call this matchup 70:30 in Diddy's favor, and that really should be revised. I say 55:45 for Diddy.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If I was counterpicking a Diddy player, I would take him to Rainbow Cruise or Battlefield. On Battlefield, he has a tougher time getting banana combos with the platforms, and on Rainbow Cruise, the bananas won't help much with the movement of the stage. When facing a Diddy, I would ban Final Destination without a doubt for obvious reasons. Fortunately for us Pikachus, Diddy Kongs tend to completely overestimate their advantage in this matchup. Although Pika has the longest tripping animation in the game, thunder jolts easily keep Diddy occupied on the ground. If Diddy takes to the air, Pikachu has a better aerial game. Therefore, you either deal with tjolts and get punished or at least distracted from your bananas, or you jump and have to deal with Pikachu's aerial game. The Diddy forums call this matchup 70:30 in Diddy's favor, and that really should be revised. I say 55:45 for Diddy.
lol, this whole post is full of complete fail.

1. Battlefield harder time getting banana combos? no wrong there, in fact it can help him a lot.
2. Even with stage movement bananas are great on Rainbow
3. thunderjolts are easily avoidable, but they're usually not used for damamge racking my experience, more of a distraction or setups.
4. The ACTUAL matchup discussion of Pikachu hasn't happened yet, the matchup chart you read was posted back in JULY, and that was actually copied and pasted back from another thread from MAY. When will people learn how to read the thing in the upper right hand corner of post that shows when it was posted? lol.

Top Bottom