• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Did he specify a reason why he would want to hide these vids from the public as opposed to any one of the other tournaments that he's won?

Was there something so different and spectacular about his play at this particular tourney that it would cause some kind of upraor to ripple throughout SWF, and he just decided to spare us that horrible fate...

:confused::confused::confused:
He does it on a regular basis. He requested the same thing at FAST1, if I recall correctly.

That's his business, though. He doesn't think the game has much depth, so he probably thinks it would be as a skilled player copying his playstyle.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
He's just afraid that if people see him play and learn his style, someone might figure him out and beat him, and he'll win less $$$

All he's doing is holding back the metagame.
He does it on a regular basis. He requested the same thing at FAST1, if I recall correctly.

That's his business, though. He doesn't think the game has much depth, so he probably thinks it would be as a skilled player copying his playstyle.
So let me just see if I've got the gist of M2K's thought process...

"I'm the best. I know I'm the best, and so does everyone else. Also this game sux baboon eggs, and it's not very complicated, so I can remain the best forever while putting in little to no effort myself. This game makes me LOADS of money. I'm going to win every tourney I attend using a
terribly broken
character (:metaknight:) and anyone who doesn't agree with my style of play is a noob, simply because I'm the best. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that anyone not fortunate enough to observe my matches in person, will NEVER have the chance to view them, because I dont let people record me... even though I'm the best..."

How's my aim?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Not that I really care, but I think it is kinda of selfish to hide your vids so that others can't see simply because you don't want people to"ultimatly" get better at the game and futher increase the meta game of brawl.

It's pretty self centered, and some what childish if you really think about it. Their are others who choose not to have their vids posted as well, to "hide" if you will their secrets. I say that it's kinda dumb to do that when in the end your only crippling the community.

But to each his own I guess................

thumbswayup

Smash Master
So pretty much... you've been planning to **** us over even before it began... yeah...

How the hell do you the person who ran this event not want to have the Grand Finals up, wasn't the the whole point of this to see the best players clash? So what only if you saw it on live stream or were there in person you get the honor? That is stupid and you should be ashamed you agreed to it, you didn't even say anything before hand either. Now considering how it was ran and ended should only encourage you to stop pissing people off.

Upload the vids c0ck monger
For once, I am in almost total agreement with EE LMAO and I see you've sigged me again, sigh.

So let me get this straight, after paying our venue fee and not being allowed to watch the grand finals because we were kicked out on the basis that we could watch the matches later online, now aren't going to be online at all? ROFL the irony, the stupidity, it's all beyond belief.

And let me state that I don't give a flying **** about watching M2k. He's Metaknight, big ****ing deal, everything he does is boring and stupid. I want the grand finals up because I am interested in watching Ally's Snake. He's one of the only people I consistently enjoy watching play since he does very cool things during matches. M2k is just being silly about all this. I don't care about his matches with Dojo or anyone else, I only want to see Ally. Does he really think people will copy him lol? As if they haven't already?!?! IT'S METAKNIGHT OMG NEUTRAL B DOWN SMASH UP B OVER AND OVER easy gimps blah blah blah

In conclusion, Brawl is terrible. EVERYONE GO TO THE NY TOURNY IN TWO WEEKS MELEE'S BACK BABY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Inui

Banned via Warnings
teh_spamerer, myself, dmbrandon, etc., have been copying M2K for a long time and we're not on his level and he still decimates everyone. In fact, the gap just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I don't think his reasoning of people learning his style and copying him makes any sense. He probably has other reasons.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
From what i heard m2k didnt want his vids up anymore after what happened at CaT4 with no one recording those matches. He was upset about that.

I really doubt it's because he's afraid of people copying him.

People seriously if he doesnt want the vids up thats his choice. leave him be

But anyway I have vids from get GIMPED(melee and brawl) which PC Chris and m2k attended and he hasnt said anything to me about not uploading them so i should have them within the next two days

Youtube.com/chaosxmarth

Enjoy~

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
M2K vs Dojo needs to be uploaded >_<.

Kel

Smash Master
M2k made 1750$ of other people's money in singles alone in two days. I don't know how much he won for doubles, but this is ridiculous. This was a multi-regional event between some of the best in the world. Even if M2K doesn't want those videos up, it's also unfair to Ally and Dojo to not have those videos up.

280 people from all over the country entered this tournament and dealt with (from what I heard) an undesirable experience. Many of them COULDN'T watch the finals because of how the tournament was run. The community deserves the videos. Especially Ally, Dojo, and all the people that wanted to watch the finals but couldn't fit into the apartment.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I don't like vids up cuz

1) I'm tired of people seeing how I play
2) I'm tired of them blaming MK
3) I always get screwed and am displayed in a worse light than I usually play in vs almost any given person

edit - Actually **** it, you can put them all up although I am against it. But I do not think I was playing as good as I usually do in it because after we changed venues I started playing worse (I just won cuz no one's as good at the game as me when I get warmed up again). I'm just tired of people trying to judge off vids and if i do good then they just study and/or copy my **** or blame MK. They did that in Melee and I'm tired of them doing it in Brawl, as well as being recorded while I'm playing below average in almost every single video of me in both smash games like 95% of the time then people saying I'm overrated because of unlucky or bad videos does get very annoying over time. That is my 2nd main reason besides people copying.

I'm only doing this because I'm trying to be nice, I'm EXTREMELY against it, as I don't think the matches were good and I don't think I played that good in most of them, but whatever.

edit 2 - I would normally never do this

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That's actually a good thing. If you play worse than you normally do in the vids everyone will think they can beat you and then in real life you'll just **** them. I don't even care about MK anymore, I've gotten use to that broken character by now. I'd almost go as far to say I ENJOY playing MKs, almost. DDD is a more bs character imo anyway. I hate that mother ****ing penguin.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
thumbs after playing chrome pirate I have come to the conclusion that Diddy played perfectly has the advantage vs MK and could be the best character in the game if fully 100% mastered. That is how I feel on that right now, I just don't feel like putting the time into that character and I don't like using projectiles (that is why I won't pick up Pit)

Chrome Pirate has only been playing for 5 months competitively btw.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm very inclined to believe that. I would agree that played perfectly, Diddy would have the advantage on MK. But I disagree about him being the best character in the game even if fully 100% mastered. His many bad matchups stop him from being ranked that high. Marth, DDD, Falco, and Luigi all have big advantages on him. I personally believe that the Snake Diddy matchup is dead even.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I
But I do not think I was playing as good as I usually do in it because after we changed venues I started playing worse (I just won cuz no one's as good at the game as me when I get warmed up again).
Well, I would've won the tournament if that wasn't the case, so thank your lucky stars. <3

Famous

Smash Champion
DD doesn't have as many bad matchups as you think...

Lol, I thought the Mario/MK matchup was dead a t one point...I learned the matchup and beg to differ

you just have to learn the matchup...

Mew2King

King of the Mews
no i do not think Ddd has the advantage vs diddy simply because ddd is more limited to what he can do. Diddy is so mobile and can outcamp ddd. Ddds advantage comes from shield grabbing Diddy and then doing CGs or back throws then Bair edge guard. Potentially though, he is not nearly as limited as DDD is, nor as predictible and I don't think he's as good as the game evolves (it mostly depends on the PLAYERS though, the characters is a smaller factor than who's playing them, just saying). Chillin lost 2-0 to NinjaLink, and Diddy can camp platforms vs falco for like forever it's just no one has that patience to. I don't think Marth has the advantage because he's more limited, and I really doubt Luigi does. NinjaLink beat Ally 2-1 in a close friendly set (all last stock close games iirc) at Cat 4 btw. NL and CP don't even camp, imagine what diddy is potentially capable of. He has every asset to make him the best character if mastered completely. That is what I believe right now.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
no i do not think Ddd has the advantage vs diddy simply because ddd is more limited to what he can do. Diddy is so mobile and can outcamp ddd. Ddds advantage comes from shield grabbing Diddy and then doing CGs or back throws then Bair edge guard. Potentially though, he is not nearly as limited as DDD is, nor as predictible and I don't think he's as good as the game evolves (it mostly depends on the PLAYERS though, the characters is a smaller factor than who's playing them, just saying). Chillin lost 2-0 to NinjaLink, and Diddy can camp platforms vs falco for like forever it's just no one has that patience to. I don't think Marth has the advantage because he's more limited, and I really doubt Luigi does. NinjaLink beat Ally 2-1 in a close friendly set (all last stock close games iirc) at Cat 4 btw. NL and CP don't even camp, imagine what diddy is potentially capable of. He has every asset to make him the best character if mastered completely. That is what I believe right now.
I agree on Diddy beating marth but that could be me complaining about my lack of the match-up knowledge. But i do think Diddy needs to be before g&w and ROB on the tier list and will go even higher soon.

I hate diddy.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That's what it appears to be, but try and use Diddy in those matchups and you'll see it's a lot to overcome. There's a reason NL will never use Diddy against Neo, in fact he completely agrees with me on that matchup and the Luigi one. If Marth non-stop fair spaces and forward b spams Diddy cannot do anything. Then all he has to do is land a tipper at around 70% and he's gone. Diddy can certainly overcome the Falco matchup, but Luigi is another story. No Diddy will ever beat Boss' Luigi, ever. It's not gonna happen. Luigi is immune to bananas, plus you can't kill him with smash attacks until around 150%. Meanwhile, Luigi's f smash kills Diddy at under 80% EVEN WITH DI. Not to mention the up b killing at 40% >_> Luigi is by far Diddy's worst matchup. Diddy could probably beat DDD, but much camping is involved and no one wants to do that. Playing Atomsk's D3 with Diddy was an absolute nightmare.

edit- oh yeah, it's almost impossible to gimp a Luigi because of his gay recovery. Also I forgot to mention Marth ***** Diddy by camping platforms too.

Veng

Smash Ace
Diddys a fun character....

Just wondering.. M2K you dont play brawl unless its a tourney? thats what i thought u said in ur interview topic

Jman77

Smash Cadet
I agree with what Thumbs said. If you are playing badly to your standards in a video, then people will think you aren't as good when they play you. So when you destroy them then they will obviously realize that you are beast. And I know all about your melee skill. I'm friends with Dan (kdj). And everyone knows you are insane at it.

Thanks for allowing vids. And make sure you play Dan at melee revival haha.

Famous

Smash Champion
You can't expect to beat the best without having good knowledge on the matchup...Luigi isn't DD's worst matchup...That matchup is rather fun actually

I remember playing AZ at CoT4...so funny

Top Bottom