• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The OFFICIAL Bomberman Thread~

TehCadenzilla

Smash Apprentice
I'd post something back to you. But it would be spam. This post is kind of spam so i have to include something. I really think the final smash idea is fantabulous.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
[_]Character Entrance
[X]Standard Moves
[X]Tilts
[X]Smash Attacks
[X]Air Moves
[X]Special Moves
[X]Final Smash
[_]Three Taunts
[X]Icon
[_]Victory Poses (3)
[_]Victory Music
[X]Regular Music
[X]Stage(es)
[_]Small Icons (Like the ones they show in Tourney mode)
[_]Six different Costumes
[X]Items from his Universe
[X]Assist Trophies from his Universe
[X]How to unlock him
[X]Role in Subspace Emissary (if he has one)

Then we've done all of these?

TehCadenzilla

Smash Apprentice
i really do not know. This chick that sits next to me in every class says it after every scentence. So it kind of stuck.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Holy crap we passed 2,000 posts without anyone noticing!

[_]Six different Costumes
Did this.

Who the **** says "fantabulous"
Better than "grawesome." A mixture of "great" and "awesome." It's so horrible, you kinda want to say it just to hurt those listening to you.

Here it is, freshly picked: Cube's rosy moveset!

Bomberman moveset

Stats

Size - 3/5
Jump - 2.5/5
Speed - 3/5
Weight - 2.5/5
Traction - 3/5
Knockback - 4.5/5
Attack Speed - 3/5
Fall Speed - 2.5/5
Aerial Mobility - 2.5/5
Shield - 3/5
Roll - 2.5/5
Grab Range - 3/5

As you can see, Bomberman is mostly below average, but is a powerhouse. This reflects his limited mobility in his games and his "cutesy"-ness, but also the fact he could kill in one hit with teh ACKSPROSIONS!!

A Moves

A,A (or hold A, now): Standard jab-cross combo. Nothing to say here. 3%, 5%.
->: Wario-esque trip. Bomberman falls on his face, his antenna swinging down to hit, and continues sliding forward hurting those already hit by antenna and anyone beyond it, first hit causing set knockback and second being very minimal. 10%, 3%.

^A: Bent hook. Bomberman bends back with his arm held out forward, bent up, so as to uppercut above him. 15%
>A: Mario-esque kick. Bomberman sticks his leg out straight, with foot out straight, leg and foot stretch to increase range, bends back, and spends to kick enemy with the top of his foot. 10%.
vB: Ness-esque kick. Bomberman slides leg across ground, foot straight, leg and foot stretch, to quickly toe-kick opponent, but takes a bit of time retracting. 14%.

^^A: G&W-eque headbutt. Bomberman swings his head, also waving his antenna, and an explosion appears in at his antenna's base, its radius depends on how long you've charged, larger ones resulting in greater horizontal range. 19%-30%.
>>A: Power straight. Bomberman swings his hand in a circle for a wind up, then forcefully leans forward, and straightens his arm forward into a punch, and an explosion appears in the middle of his "fist", its radius depends on how long you've charged, larger ones resulting in greater vertical and horizontal range. 14%-25%.
vvB. Kirby-esque kick. Bomberman does a spinning split, attacking both sides, feet straight with sole on floor, and an explosion appears at his crotch, its radius depends on how long you've charged, larger ones resulting in greater vertical rang. 17%-26%.

°A: Spin. Bomberman sticks his legs straight down, feet facing away from each other, his antenna straight up, and his arms straight out, and spins around. Enemies hit by his antenna are caught for a few attacks and hit for some knockback on the last one, getting 9% damage if all connect. Enemies hit by arms are hit once for ample knckback and 10% damage. Enemies hit by feet are caught for consecutive hits until the move ends, Bomberman lands, or they escape, causing a maximum of 17% damage with no knockback.
°^A: Antenna slap. Bomberman waves his head, moving his antenna in an arc and knocking enemies up, ready for more juggling. 4%.
°>A: Sex kick. Bomberman does a sex kick pose, one leg out straight, the other downward but bent to go forward, both feet sticking out straight, and deals more damage and knockback to enemies the less time has passed. 13%-3%.
°<A: Spin kick. Bomberman spins around once, one leg out straight and slanted somewhat upward, the other to his side bent backward, both feet straight, quickly striking with the side of his foot for a good ledge guard. 8%.
°vA: Liu Kang-esque bicycle kick. Bomberman steps repeatedly, catching opponents till the end, the final blow meteor smashing. Maximum of 17%.

His A moves show off his judo abilities and childishness, and makes use his arms, legs, and antenna. The smash attacks also add a bit more "bomb" into the mix.

Throws

Grab attack: Headbutt. Bomberman flings his head back then forward, hitting his opponent with his face. 3%.
^Throw: Does a similar thing as with his B, except using his opponent as the bomb, and throws them at a 68° angle. 17%.
>Throw: Sets his opponent on the ground in front of him, and kicks them along. 19%.
<Throw: Bomberman tosses his enemy over his head to behind him, and hops backwards while elbowing them. 22%.
vThrow: Bomberman tucks them under his legs to on the floor behind him, and he hops up and ***** them, bouncing them up a bit to be chain-grabbed. 6%.

His strong throws represent the fact that that's almost all he does, so he's very proficient at it.

B moves

All bombs are twice the size of Young Link's bombs.

B: Bomb Throw
Bomberman Takes out a fire bomb and holds it behind his head as if he was going to throw it (think Yoshi's ^B). Moving the control stick up and down causes Bomberman to aim up and down. Releasing B causes him to throw it in the current direction, where it will travel in an arc and a horizontal maximum of Luigi's fireball. After hitting anything, it explodes into a ball with a diameter of Mario's height. Those in the blast take 12% damage and knockback somewhat less than a Samus smash missile. A simple tap of the B button for a basic throw take only 10 frames, plus 5 frames after before he can do anything else. If Bomberman is hit while holding it, the bomb explodes. The bomb treats Bomberman the same as an enemy.

^B: Bomb Hold
Bomberman takes out a bomb and holds it in the direction you hold the control stick. After a second, the bomb explodes in an orb with diameter equal to Samus's height, and sends you rocketing away from the bomb just less than the distance of a firefox. Anyone in the blast radius gets minor damage (=5%) and set knockback away from the bomb that decreases the further you are from the center, being right next to the bomb causing knockback the same distance as Bomberman. If Bomberman is hit before the bomb explodes, it explodes right then and treats Bomberman as if it were not his (causing damage but no freefall).

>B: Bomb Kick
Bomberman stops, takes out a bomb, and kicks it. This action takes a half a second. It travels along the ground at about Mario's dashing speed. After going over an edge, or if launched in the air, it travels at the same horizontal speed, but also falls at a speed to make it a 5° angle. After hitting an enemy, wall, or anything that would stop it, it explodes into a ball with Mario height diameter. The explosion causes is prolonged, lasting about 1/2 second, giving anyone who touches it while it's out 13% and minor knockback. If Bomberman is hit before he kicks the bomb the bomb explodes. The bomb treats Bomberman the same as an enemy.

vB: Bomb Drop
Bomberman drops a bomb on the ground, where it sits and waits. The initial drop will place it inside of Bomberman, but after moving out of it, it is treated as a small pillar (works as wall and can be stood on). If dropped in the air, it falls at the speed of a capsule (in the air, it again works as walls/floor/ceiling). After 5 seconds, it explodes in a cross, each side going out 1/6 the length of Final Destination. If someone touches the explosion, they're hit with 30% damage and sent diagonally up/out with knockback equal to a charged Pikachu usmash (in the specified direction). If anything damages it before the explosion, it explodes with less power. The power depends on how long it sat, it increasing exponentially over time. You can tell how close it is to exploding by how fast it blinks red and pulsates. Bomberman has to wait 3 seconds after the first one is gone before laying another. The bomb treats Bomberman the same as an enemy.

All his B attacks come from his games, not made up bull****, especially since he has plenty of attacks to use that are from his games, even plenty that aren't bomb based, so he really doesn't need to have some made up, so the fake attacks can be saved for characters without any of their own. I made all of them bomb based because he IS Bomberman, and using using some of his other things that could easily be items instead of utilizing his bomb expertise to its full potential would be just lame. They also show his powerhouseness, and the fact he's like swordchucks: Almost as dangerous to others as he is to himself.

Final Smash

Cherry Bomb
Bomberman takes out a red bomb twice his size and does like his standard B. Its maximum throw distance is that of Marth's sword. Anyone hit by it get modest knockback and 10% fire damage. When it hits a wall/ceiling/floor, it acts and explodes like the Banzai Bill, the explosion twice the size of the bomb, and deals a maximum of 50% (not including any possible hits by the bomb itself). Bomberman is only affected by the bomb if he is hit before throwing it.

A note about the bombs in his B attacks and Final Smash is that while I described the fire bomb version, they are not necessarily always fire bombs. Each attack has a chance of being another bomb type. Please note that the exact chance changes slightly depending on what stage you're on (or what mode Pokémon Stadium is in) in the expected manner. However, fire bombs will always be most likely, ice or electric will always be 2nd and 3rd, etc. The average chance and effects are as follows:

Fire Bomb
1/3 chance. Explodes into a fiery blast. All of the normal stats as detailed above.

Ice Bomb
1/5. Explodes into white puffs. Freezes enemy for a certain time dependent on their damage and control-stick wiggling abilities. All knockback is diverted directly upward. It only deals 80% normal damage, though.

Electric Bomb
1/5. Floating electrical arcs. Explosions last thrice as long as normal, has multiple attacks that lock whoever touches it into it until it ends, allowing you to go and wail on them while they're stuck. Has potential to deal 90% normal damage if it gets them in the entire time. Has 1/3 normal knockback. Has 80% normal diameter.

Wind Bomb
1/8. Swirling winds. Deals only 10% normal damage, but has twice the normal radius and knockback.

Earth Bomb
1/8. Shape of lava with moving tectonic plates on surface. Has 150% normal damage, radius, and knockback, but all times (lag, explosion duration, etc.) are doubled.

Dark Bomb
1/60. Translucent black shape with a half-sized opaque black shape inside. Everyone is drawn toward it in a Whispy Woods fashion. those who touch it are drawn to the center, but damage is not dependendent where in it they are. Deals five times normal damage and lasts five times as long, but has 90% normal radius and no knockback.

Light Bomb
1/60. Translucent white shape with an opaque white rotating stellated shape inside. Has no damage or knockback, but 150% normal radius. Anything inside is frozen until hurt or an amount of time equal to 1 second per damage that would have been caused had it been a fire bomb.

I wanted to use the different elements, and originally had the different attacks with different, set elements, but that didn't go over to well. So, I figured, why not have the possibility of EACH attack being ANY bomb? Having a bomb switch would be a waste of a move, and would ultimately be useless as one type is found to be altogether the best, and no one ever uses the others. It's the same lesson we all should have learned from Shiek. Sakurai himself even seems to have gotten it with Red's "stamina" and Samus attacking while doing it. He basically forces people to change, which sounds effective , so that's what I did. While I kinda tried to balance them, true balance wouldn't be possible, and the Light/Dark ones were clearly made better (hence the low chance). But, all the person playing can do is hope they get a specific one. Smart, huh? Also, this is basically the only thing I changed from the last one. Sure wasn't worth the wait, huh?

Miscellaneous

I haven't played enough games to know what his taunt, winning animations, or even winning tune would be.

His different colors would just be the different player colors from the games.

Also, as Del suggested, he needs a Captain Planet color scheme.

His symbol would be the Hudson Bee
, because it's cool and I think it's better to have 3rd parties represent their companies rather than their series.

For his Kirby hat, Kirby basically turns into Bomberman's head, except with his arms and legs poking out, and his face Kirby colored with Kirby's eyes.

Stage

Bomber Maze
Three brick pillars stick up from beyond the bottom, separated by gaps half their width. The width of a pillar is 1/3 that of Final Destination. It has a moderately high top, high bottom, and moderately close sides. In the background (and foreground) you see more another two rows of pillars in the same pattern. Beyond that, there's a wall with square tiled metal low-protrusion frusta near the bottom. Above that is a green wall with a light green smash symbol in the center.
If you want a non-competitive stage, attached to the background wall are three cannons which will occasionally aim and fire bombs onto the stage (or onto the rest of the battlefield beyond and before where you fight).

This stage is based off of the standard Bomberman battlefield, as viewed from the side.

Questions, comments, and critique welcome. I haven't proofread it, so grammar and spelling may need improvement, too.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
[_]Character Entrance
[X[Stats
[X]Standard Moves
[X]Tilts
[X]Smash Attacks
[X]Air Moves
[X]Special Moves
[X]Final Smash
[_]Three Taunts
[X]Icon
[_]Victory Poses (3)
[_]Victory Music
[X]Regular Music
[X]Stage(es)
[X]Small Icons (Like the ones they show in Tourney mode)
[X]Six different Costumes
[X]How to unlock him
There we go.

And just to get it out of the way, his little icon will simply be his head, in whatever color you chose as a costume. The end, simple no?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
He can enter by flying onto the stage with a trail of smoke following him (As if he was shot out of a cannon or blow up over there).

Edit: Dont you think they might have made Wario's sign a W instead of the Warioware bomb because they were saving it for Bomberman? Bah nevermind Wario is repping more than just Warioware so it makes sense to give him a W...

D

Deleted member

His symbol would be the Hudson Bee
, because it's cool and I think it's better to have 3rd parties represent their companies rather than their series.
On all honesty, I think a Bomb would do better. People would look at Bomberman and go "wtf is there a bee?" but I don't oppose the idea too much. I like the bee and all and it's a good idea for 3rd parties to have their respective company logo but I'd rather have a bomb or something. The logo to his games.

On another note, great moveset.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Snake and Sonic don't have Sega and Konami logo's so I don't see why Bomberman should have a Hudson one.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Day-amn... This thread is getting a lot more activity recently it seems - but unfortunately still not enough to stay on the first page it seems... :embarrass

At any rate, kudos to Cube on that awesome moveset. Otherwise, it seems to be business as usual... Then again, it's not like Mr. Sakurai has done much to spur interest in the game as of late, though there is still some interesting info coming out here and there. Let's all hope January 7 is a change for the better...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
LOL I'm 4 infractions in the hole currently. Rumor has it Del Money breaks free today as well. Don't ask how I know, it's really just a hunch.

Bomberman 4 Brawl
Smooth.. :rolleyes:

@RDK, I'm still not on the members list.....can you update it?

D

Deleted member

@RDK, I'm still not on the members list.....can you update it?
May I be a member of the Bomb Squad, RDK? Bomberman is one of my top 5 hopefuls and I support him 100%. It'd be an honour to be apart of a group who supports this character and believe in his chances as much as I do.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Entrance: Someone come up with something other than Bomberman flying in on his Second Attack! ship PLZ. That's my idea. :p

I'll try to think of some taunts. Bomberman doesn't strike me as a... Taunty character, really.

Patinator

Smash Champion
:D

But then again, it seems to be only us on. Maybe someone else will. Meh.

We only have a few other things to discuss about Bomberman; I wonder what happens if we finish before the ***. release date?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I don't know how long it will take to discuss everything, but I'm sure once we finish, the Japanese release date will be like a week or less away. And who knows? Maybe the Dojo will announce the next third party sooner than that.

Patinator

Smash Champion
True.

Know what? At 11:00 on Jan. 23, I'm gonna make a Rid Lee thread so that I CAN'T look at Smashboards! No spoilerz!

...lol. Jk. Just thought I'd say something funny.

D

Deleted member

An Entrance, eh?

Hmm,
How about this:

We see the full view of the stage and hear an explosion before the announcer starts counting down. As the announcer counts down, Bomberman comes flying up with his eyes like this: ><. He than lands on the stage on two feet and dose a taunt. You'll notice smoke coming from his backside area, or possibly his ***, indicating that he blew himself up... up . I dunno what taunt, just something to make it look epic. Than before battle the smoke vanishes.

RDK

Smash Hero
An Entrance, eh?

Hmm,
How about this:

We see the full view of the stage and hear an explosion before the announcer starts counting down. As the announcer counts down, Bomberman comes flying up with his eyes like this: ><. He than lands on the stage on two feet and dose a taunt. You'll notice smoke coming from his backside area, or possibly his ***, indicating that he blew himself up... up . I dunno what taunt, just something to make it look epic. Than before battle the smoke vanishes.
Whoa, that's an awesome idea! Kind of like how Ness entered the battles in Smash 64, where he'd blast in and shake himself off?

Bomberman could drop in on a platform all charred and stuff with smoke rising from him, his eyes are the classic X's, and he shakes all the burnt parts off and takes up his battle stance.

You, sir, win.

Edit: I added Foz and Isma to the club member list.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
[X]Character Entrance
[X[Stats
[X]Standard Moves
[X]Tilts
[X]Smash Attacks
[X]Air Moves
[X]Special Moves
[X]Final Smash
[_]Three Taunts
[X]Icon
[_]Victory Poses (3)
[_]Victory Music
[X]Regular Music
[X]Stage(es)
[X]Small Icons (Like the ones they show in Tourney mode)
[X]Six different Costumes
[X]How to unlock him

Neeeeext?

D

Deleted member

I have some idea's for victory poses.

Bomberman does 3 jabs and a kick. The kick causes him to slightlytrip and turns on his side. He turns his head so we can see it and smiles (or just does this ^^ or something).

Bomberman jumps in joy 3 times waving his arms and legs smiling than falls and lands on his bum. He pulls his head up and smiles again.

Eh, this one is a little more boring.
Bomberman has a bomb in his left hand lihghtly tossing it up and catching it multiple times. His left hand is on his hip. His look is serious. As he tosses up the bomb and focuses his attention on it. Than he stops and looks at us still looking serious.
This is the kind of look that strikes fear ans says 'Of course I won, I'm f*cking Bokmberman.'.

Opinions?

Top Bottom